The Retro-PES Corner

@geeeeee :LOL: Maybe he was on loan. ;)

It should be fine because I usually have the speeder.cfg in kitserver set around 0.95 (default is 1) so that should just replicate that anyway :) Going to give it a go this evening and work out the OF bit. Not sure who to use in the ML. I thought of starting with Leeds but I think I'd rather start with a lower team Someone like Wycombe would be a challenge I would think, although I might also go foreign as I don't think I've ever done a ML with a foreign team other than using the default players. I'll have a look through and decide. Looking forward to it. :))

By the way that's a great idea about updating the OF by date of birth. Breaks it up nicely whilst you keep it up to date at the same time.

@geeeeee :LOL: Maybe he was on loan. ;)

It should be fine because I usually have the speeder.cfg in kitserver set around 0.95 (default is 1) so that should just replicate that anyway :) Going to give it a go this evening and work out the OF bit. Not sure who to use in the ML. I thought of starting with Leeds but I think I'd rather start with a lower team Someone like Wycombe would be a challenge I would think, although I might also go foreign as I don't think I've ever done a ML with a foreign team other than using the default players. I'll have a look through and decide. Looking forward to it. :))

By the way that's a great idea about updating the OF by date of birth. Breaks it up nicely whilst you keep it up to date at the same time.

For the OF you'll need a program called MyMC. You create the memory card within PCSX2 (I'm assuming you're using it) which is found by default in a PCSX2 folder in My Documents. Open MyMC, navigate to that folder, and you can import saves from various file types.

NB this might not be 100% accurate as I'm typing in a rush and it's all from memory!

Can fellow retro gents confirm this ?

In pes 6, if the ball is not in possession of players or CPU during halftime whistle, refs are sometimes seen walking towards the ball. There are instances where refs are seen holding the ball in their hand, but the shots are exclusive to player talking to eachother/walking only, so its very rare to get an angle and the precise moment when the ref picks the ball up. Anyone ever managed to capture this moment ? I think i had one rare shot where he picks the ball up, but i could only see it from the corner of my eye as i looked away, sadly, so cant confirm.

Can anyone confirm that there is an animation of refs picking up the ball and that it doesn't just magically appears into their hands ? A video would be so satisfying to watch.

@Chilleverest I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen that. I see the one every now and then where the player flicks it up into his own hands but I'm not sure I've seen the ref pick it up.

@Flipper the Priest Thanks for that, will give it a go. Was just about to have a play about it with to try and work it out.

EDIT: Worked perfectly thanks :) Do you know if there's a way to change the ESC key from closing the game? I've always used that as the pause key and despite setting it as space for the keyboard options I keep hitting escape out of habit to pause the game meaning it shuts the game down every time! I'm sure I'll get out of the habit but it would be handy to be able to change it. I can't see an option anywhere in the config menu to do it though.

Last edited:
@Chilleverest I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen that. I see the one every now and then where the player flicks it up into his own hands but I'm not sure I've seen the ref pick it up.

@Flipper the Priest Thanks for that, will give it a go. Was just about to have a play about it with to try and work it out.

EDIT: Worked perfectly thanks :) Do you know if there's a way to change the ESC key from closing the game? I've always used that as the pause key and despite setting it as space for the keyboard options I keep hitting escape out of habit to pause the game meaning it shuts the game down every time! I'm sure I'll get out of the habit but it would be handy to be able to change it. I can't see an option anywhere in the config menu to do it though.

Afraid I can't help you with that one. I'm unfamiliar with the witchcraft that is keyboard control. :-D

I assume somewhere in the emulator menu, must be emulator hot keys configuration. Not sure though.
It happens to me too, out of habit. :)

It's PCSX2, right?

After a half arsed search I found a topic as of 2011, statimg that hotkeys were locked, at least back to 2011..dont know now 10 years have passed. :P

In the main folder of PCSX2 you should have this file "PCSX2_keys.ini.default". Copy/paste to "inis" folder and rename the file to "PCSX2_keys.ini".
Open this file with notepad and search for the line "Sys_SuspendResume = ESC", change it to the key that you prefer like "Sys_SuspendResume = END". In that same file there is a list of the keys that you can use. This work for me in the version 1.5.0 of the emulator.

And in case that you don't know already, you just can resume your game after you press ESC (System->Resume). :))

Replaying all the PS2 PES shows me a problem: power creep. In Konami original DBs the overall level of players' stats keep getting higher with each release, PES 5 -> 6 has the most dramatic creep, on a quick scan you can see that globally they added on average 10 points to every player in the DB, which makes the game faster

This can't be a contest.

That is not a realistic draw. Surely the top 2 seeds are PES 5 and 6 so they should have been kept apart till the final. TV viewing figures will drop because of that. :LOL:

@geeeeee do you keep any good PES 2008 PS2 original season OFs around?

Sorry du0, I only really got into this game a few years ago so I don't i'm afraid. @Heisenberg 's excellent option file has classic players but not the original season...

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/ps2-psp-pes2008-of-classic-laziale-2-0.83609/

Here are the final Group F games.

Germany (me) v Hungary

Portugal (me) v France

F2.jpg

It is still all to play for in these games. Will all the big guns get through or will Hungary cause the impossible to happen?

Both games are excellent, take your pick.

An absolute shocker from Germany. I changed Hungary's tactics to make them more attacking because they needed to win big and it certainly worked for the CPU. Germany could hardly get a touch in the first half. Not only did Hungary knock Germany out but they also pipped France to 2nd place.

Sorry du0, I only really got into this game a few years ago so I don't i'm afraid. @Heisenberg 's excellent option file has classic players but not the original season...
I found pategato's OF for the NTSC version which is very nice. Made some adboards for my copy today, much needed coat of paint, the original Konami adboards are bleak to look at
Untitled.jpg

All aboard the EURO 2020 bus again, this time in PS1 fashion!

The Round of 16 (as Uefa insist on calling it) is here.

Man..
What a fantastic patch, i've been playing since tonight.
It's very hard to play in professional.
Playing with Switzerland
England, Portugal and Macedonia on my group

0x0 against England,
1x0 against Macedonia
0x0 against Portugal
5 points and Second Place on the group.

Sem título.jpg

That is not a realistic draw. Surely the top 2 seeds are PES 5 and 6 so they should have been kept apart till the final. TV viewing figures will drop because of that. :LOL:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/ps2-psp-pes2008-of-classic-laziale-2-0.83609/

Actually, apart from the Classic OF, for more than 5 years I have shared an OF every season.

This was the last to come out, a little less than a month ago I released a new update with all the winter signings.

Actually, apart from the Classic OF, for more than 5 years I have shared an OF every season.

This was the last to come out, a little less than a month ago I released a new update with all the winter signings.

Excellent quality as always. Can i ask you, how do you get your kits so crisp? Especially as it is on PS2 and PSP, it looks like you are using more than the in-game editor. :)

Excellent quality as always. Can i ask you, how do you get your kits so crisp? Especially as it is on PS2 and PSP, it looks like you are using more than the in-game editor. :)
Nothing in particular, logos and emblems I insert them in the PES Editor, everything else is done with the game editor. The video is sharper because it is recorded from the psp emulator.

Guys do any of you have these kit GDBs that I'm missing at the moment for PES 6? I posted in the request thread but got no replies

I'm looking for

Barcelona 10/11
Manchester United 90s kits
Real Madrid 2000 to 2004

Thanks Guys👍👍

Anyone else think it's hilarious that this new proposed "European Super League" is just a rip off of the classic Master League, Konami should get a lawyer 🤣🤣
This closed club version is more similar to FIFA99 European Dream League

Oh. I barely interacted with this message board as a whole, but I gotta say I love the idea of this thread. I constantly find myself going back to older games, and lately I've been playing and modding PES 2012. I usually make my own Option Files for these games because the OFs and patches that are floating around (those that remain, anyway, given the propensity of file-sharing services to get shut down or drop files after one year of inactivity) hardly satisfy me - the last I got that I could say so was a 2009 patch that added clubs from around the world, and I've made it a bit of a goal to replicate that experience, something I've also done with PES 5 (which I prefer over PES 6 because it still has the Bundesliga in any form - I never really understood why they forbid it even unlicensed). But, I digress. The point is, while I liked PES 2020, I found myself enjoying the older games more because they harken back to the days when I used to have fun with my friends, and they have a lot of substance in addition to the style - sometimes even more than later games. Besides, even 15 years ago Konami knew how to reproduce the atmosphere of a football game, and experiencing that throwback is always fun. The Master Leagues of old may not be realistic, but they do have a certain charm, and Become a Legend can be a blast, especially as you get to play international matches. The football world of the game may feel compressed sometimes, but everything fits in so neatly you don't even mind - plus it somehow still feels more complete than FIFA's Career Mode in some places.
I'm still finishing my work on PES 2012 (I'm just making up kits for the D2 teams), but if anyone wants me to share my PES5 OF, I can put it up later.

Anyone has some good turf textures for PES 6 lying around? I'm looking to edit my 2008 PS2 copy a bit

Back
Top Bottom