The Retro-PES Corner

National Teams I presume!!!

🐑

Thanks, i did think that but this confused me if that is was it means...

“NT teams having only 3 players of different nationality, like Greece and Brazil.”

But now i realise @slamsoze was talking about Amador option file where National Team players may have their nationality changed but still be in the same National Team (eg Greek player in England team).

See i said it was a silly question :P

Thanks again :)

@
Thanks, i did think that but this confused me if that is was it means...

“NT teams having only 3 players of different nationality, like Greece and Brazil.”

But now i realise @slamsoze was talking about Amador option file where National Team players may have their nationality changed but still be in the same National Team (eg Greek player in England team).

See i said it was a silly question :P

Thanks again :)
@Saint Angelo 12 points!! :) yeah it is National Teams, I use it as NT to be shorter.
As about Amador, yes since it was created by outter source tool, it happened, Greece NT has only 3 players, being all Spanish IIRC. Brazil similarhas only 1 Spanish and that's all. :D

@Early PES footy fan

my man this is one hell of a journey, have u got any pics too? always love to see the squads in-game but honestly this sounds so good, and with classic players too? especially since you're buying back players who actually played at Sampdoria, wow this is such a good idea!

Juventus ML with Platini and Boniek back at it again is stuck in my head now!! 🐑

Thanks for taking the time to write this story, I am shocked how you can still squeeze something out of Default Team players in 2009, that's respectable too, if a bit masochistic.

Macco I think is one of 2-3 defaults that actually have some future, can grow to low 80s IIRC.

Hope you can finally conquer Serie A soon! it will happen baby i know it i just do 🐑

Thanks a lot for the encouragement Saint Angelo! I will have to look into taking screenshots; I have loads of replays stored in the game itself but I don't think there is a way of exhibiting those. A shame, because I just scored a beauty this evening with Mancini and saved it- I am the only one who will ever see it!

Regarding the defaults, I am actually rather pleased with Stein now; he is 29 in 2010 and performs very well defensively as either a CB or DMF, as long as I don't expect anymore from him offensively than giving the ball to someone else. Dodo is a big favourite of mine, I always recognised him for his fine stamina and defensive work, and decent passing, but he actually has a good shot accuracy in his mid-20s too. I've always been a fan of Ximilez; though he lacks great pace and actually has mediocre technique, his good dribbling accuracy and crossing accuracy make him a favourite with me. Ordaz is undeniably useful with some of the best shooting in the game, of course. I seem to get great results out of Burchet, though naturally he can't shoot for toffee when he surges into the box, so he needs support.

Sadly, 2010 has proven to be another year in which I failed to win Serie A. My terrible start of losing to Lazio and Siena didn't help, and AC Milan have proven to be the strongest team this year- with two games left they are five points clear of Roma, and are therefore on the verge of taking the title. They have only lost three times, twice to me. Juve, last years champions, have been very poor by their standards and it was clear by halfway that they were out of the title race. They are currently fifth, behind me. They have scored fewer goals than me, and I haven't had a bumper year compared to last season (I've been less clinical with my midfielders; Dodo, Platt and Cerezo have been less prolific this year, and Valeny hasn't scored despite getting forward a lot). It has been a bad year for Benfica too; remember how I said they had been steadily improving in the last couple of years? Last year they finished in the top half of the table, this year they are in the relegation zone, with a slim chance of staying up. Macco has scored once this campaign, it will be sad if he goes down to D2 as he may not be young enough for a return to D1.

I performed well in both cups, but fell short at the final hurdle in both cases- I had won my Euro group, despatched Juve and Chelsea in the knockout stages, but against Newcastle in the final I was rather dire. Conceded an early goal to Chopra, but Minanda (in his final season) scored a fine free kick on 70 minutes. He was playing instead of a tired Mancini. I subbed him after his goal for Ordaz, joint tournament top scorer with 6, to get fresh legs and pace on for the end. Ordaz had a good chance but rather rushed it, hitting it first time narrowly wide. Vialli too had a good opportunity that he really should have put away in the last minute of extra time, but missed. In penalties I was actually leading at one point after young Pagliuca saved Eusebio's pen, in fact I think I saved twice, but Castolo missed his penalty (barely moved the stick to the left, but it practically went 90 degrees away from the goal :CURSE:) to send it to sudden death, which I predictably lost.

That final was when I was rather jaded in the wake of the Coppa Italia against AC Milan (who only failed to make the Euro final when losing to pens against Newcastle). I had had loads of red arrows for the match, and I played really well in the first half. Gullit sent over a long diagonal ball from the right flank, bouncing past Kaladze. Vialli headed it back across into the path of Mancini, who volleyed it hard and low close to the centre of the goal, past an advancing, sprawling Dida. I was very pleased with it. Minutes later I broke on the left with Ximilez, put in a first time cross, and Platt volleyed it in, but he was offside. If he had held back, Mancini would probably have reached it and scored his second. I kept playing well for the rest of the half but to no avail. During the second I had another offside goal, and criminally was not given a penatly. Ximilez turned sharply and Seedorf took his legs. It wasn't a heavy connection but he took him down and clearly didn't touch the ball; the referee wasn't interested. This proved critical, as AC Milan started creating a bit more and Gilardino volleyed in a fine goal to take his tally to 6 in the cup. I lost a bit of heart after this, and perhaps was a bit careless. They brought on Shevchenko as a third striker, and this helped Vieri get a chance, which he took. I failed to get going again, and lost. This was my greatest disappointment, more than the European Cup, because I had been playing so well early in the game. Victory would have been the perfect culmination to a recent upsurge in form and results as well; I had scored 13 goals in the previous three league games, and dominated Chelsea in our Euro semi-final with consistently good passing, winning 4-0.

Montella is on 18 in the league for third placed Roma, he is favourite to be top scorer though there are close contenders, including Vialli a few places down on 15 (his total for last season, but I have two matches left). Ordaz made a fair number of league appearances this year, though mainly as a sub, but only scored once, in stark contrast to his cup experiences. I shall update folks on the end of the season results tomorrow, probably. Oh, and Arsenal won the UEFA cup against Autostadt (are they German? Not sure but they've been strong in this playthrough because they bought, among other players, Di Stefano), so both european trophies went to England.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement Saint Angelo! I will have to look into taking screenshots; I have loads of replays stored in the game itself but I don't think there is a way of exhibiting those. A shame, because I just scored a beauty this evening with Mancini and saved it- I am the only one who will ever see it!

Regarding the defaults, I am actually rather pleased with Stein now; he is 29 in 2010 and performs very well defensively as either a CB or DMF, as long as I don't expect anymore from him offensively than giving the ball to someone else. Dodo is a big favourite of mine, I always recognised him for his fine stamina and defensive work, and decent passing, but he actually has a good shot accuracy in his mid-20s too. I've always been a fan of Ximilez; though he lacks great pace and actually has mediocre technique, his good dribbling accuracy and crossing accuracy make him a favourite with me. Ordaz is undeniably useful with some of the best shooting in the game, of course. I seem to get great results out of Burchet, though naturally he can't shoot for toffee when he surges into the box, so he needs support.

Sadly, 2010 has proven to be another year in which I failed to win Serie A. My terrible start of losing to Lazio and Siena didn't help, and AC Milan have proven to be the strongest team this year- with two games left they are five points clear of Roma, and are therefore on the verge of taking the title. They have only lost three times, twice to me. Juve, last years champions, have been very poor by their standards and it was clear by halfway that they were out of the title race. They are currently fifth, behind me. They have scored fewer goals than me, and I haven't had a bumper year compared to last season (I've been less clinical with my midfielders; Dodo, Platt and Cerezo have been less prolific this year, and Valeny hasn't scored despite getting forward a lot). It has been a bad year for Benfica too; remember how I said they had been steadily improving in the last couple of years? Last year they finished in the top half of the table, this year they are in the relegation zone, with a slim chance of staying up. Macco has scored once this campaign, it will be sad if he goes down to D2 as he may not be young enough for a return to D1.

I performed well in both cups, but fell short at the final hurdle in both cases- I had won my Euro group, despatched Juve and Chelsea in the knockout stages, but against Newcastle in the final I was rather dire. Conceded an early goal to Chopra, but Minanda (in his final season) scored a fine free kick on 70 minutes. He was playing instead of a tired Mancini. I subbed him after his goal for Ordaz, joint tournament top scorer with 6, to get fresh legs and pace on for the end. Ordaz had a good chance but rather rushed it, hitting it first time narrowly wide. Vialli too had a good opportunity that he really should have put away in the last minute of extra time, but missed. In penalties I was actually leading at one point after young Pagliuca saved Eusebio's pen, in fact I think I saved twice, but Castolo missed his penalty (barely moved the stick to the left, but it practically went 90 degrees away from the goal :CURSE:) to send it to sudden death, which I predictably lost.

That final was when I was rather jaded in the wake of the Coppa Italia against AC Milan (who only failed to make the Euro final when losing to pens against Newcastle). I had had loads of red arrows for the match, and I played really well in the first half. Gullit sent over a long diagonal ball from the right flank, bouncing past Kaladze. Vialli headed it back across into the path of Mancini, who volleyed it hard and low close to the centre of the goal, past an advancing, sprawling Dida. I was very pleased with it. Minutes later I broke on the left with Ximilez, put in a first time cross, and Platt volleyed it in, but he was offside. If he had held back, Mancini would probably have reached it and scored his second. I kept playing well for the rest of the half but to no avail. During the second I had another offside goal, and criminally was not given a penatly. Ximilez turned sharply and Seedorf took his legs. It wasn't a heavy connection but he took him down and clearly didn't touch the ball; the referee wasn't interested. This proved critical, as AC Milan started creating a bit more and Gilardino volleyed in a fine goal to take his tally to 6 in the cup. I lost a bit of heart after this, and perhaps was a bit careless. They brought on Shevchenko as a third striker, and this helped Vieri get a chance, which he took. I failed to get going again, and lost. This was my greatest disappointment, more than the European Cup, because I had been playing so well early in the game. Victory would have been the perfect culmination to a recent upsurge in form and results as well; I had scored 13 goals in the previous three league games, and dominated Chelsea in our Euro semi-final with consistently good passing, winning 4-0.

Montella is on 18 in the league for third placed Roma, he is favourite to be top scorer though there are close contenders, including Vialli a few places down on 15 (his total for last season, but I have two matches left). Ordaz made a fair number of league appearances this year, though mainly as a sub, but only scored once, in stark contrast to his cup experiences. I shall update folks on the end of the season results tomorrow, probably. Oh, and Arsenal won the UEFA cup against Autostadt (are they German? Not sure but they've been strong in this playthrough because they bought, among other players, Di Stefano), so both european trophies went to England.

Autostadt is indeed german, it's VfL Wolfsburg, I should know since I am creating my own PES 5 option file haha.

Have you got any suggestions for me? Like I said above in another post, I will have my own Master League in PES 5, but I'm really a noob when we talk about PES 5 Master League, because I tried playing them in the past but I kept deleting them and returning to PES 6, so I need suggestions to keep myself from doing that lol.

Wolfsburg, thanks I'll change their name. As far as suggestions go, well a good way to fundamentally improve your experience is finding a mod you like- I have one mod installed, though right now I can't remember what it is called! It changes a few things, allowing you to have a more zoomed out camera view (so the wide camera is considerably zoomed out, you see more of the pitch), makes average keepers more susceptible to errors (for instance, colliding with defenders when going for the same ball) and a few tweaks to AI I think. I will see if I can find which one it was.

Other than finding a good mod/patch (there are doubtless people on here that will be able to advise you better in terms of what to get, and I think a few pages back someone linked to a good patch for the 2005/06 season that sorts out the licensing issue and has loads of realistic player likenesses), I recommend choosing a strip that you will not get sick of seeing. It can be one of the biggest turn offs for me if I get tired of the strip, or it doesn't inspire me at all, or clashes too much with those of other teams (in which case one has to rely on the away strip, which may be even more dull or garish!).

If making your own team in PES 5, you can choose to start with the default line up but you can also choose to add players and also ditch a few if you wish. For example, if you always find yourself wanting a left-footed winger at the start of the game, you can add one to the team. I can't remember off the top of my head if there is a salary points limit or something, but I think it is pretty much up to the player how much of a boost they give their side. Another thing to bear in mind when choosing or creating a team is the stadium- one pitch type is a bit hard to look at for me, I think it is given to Greek teams, a sort of dry looking one. It might be the shade of the grass and the patterns; in any case I find it unpleasant to look at. So I recommend choosing a stadium that inspires you and one from a temperate part of the world which won't have the awful dry pitch appearance (of course it might just be my preference in that regard)!

Hope you are able to enjoy PES 5 as much as PES 6 :)

By the way, something I often notice in the game but keep forgetting to mention is what I call 'PES flu'- once in a blue moon you start a match with everyone on full stamina, but at some point in the first half one player will mysteriously begin running extremely slowly. You go to the formation screen to check his stamina, and it is almost down to the bottom despite it still being the first half. It's weird, seems to happen only very infrequently, and I have even seen it happen to a computer opponent as well. Anyone else ever see this? It's quite rare; I don't think it has happened at all to me this season, for example.

Wolfsburg, thanks I'll change their name. As far as suggestions go, well a good way to fundamentally improve your experience is finding a mod you like- I have one mod installed, though right now I can't remember what it is called! It changes a few things, allowing you to have a more zoomed out camera view (so the wide camera is considerably zoomed out, you see more of the pitch), makes average keepers more susceptible to errors (for instance, colliding with defenders when going for the same ball) and a few tweaks to AI I think. I will see if I can find which one it was.

Other than finding a good mod/patch (there are doubtless people on here that will be able to advise you better in terms of what to get, and I think a few pages back someone linked to a good patch for the 2005/06 season that sorts out the licensing issue and has loads of realistic player likenesses), I recommend choosing a strip that you will not get sick of seeing. It can be one of the biggest turn offs for me if I get tired of the strip, or it doesn't inspire me at all, or clashes too much with those of other teams (in which case one has to rely on the away strip, which may be even more dull or garish!).

If making your own team in PES 5, you can choose to start with the default line up but you can also choose to add players and also ditch a few if you wish. For example, if you always find yourself wanting a left-footed winger at the start of the game, you can add one to the team. I can't remember off the top of my head if there is a salary points limit or something, but I think it is pretty much up to the player how much of a boost they give their side. Another thing to bear in mind when choosing or creating a team is the stadium- one pitch type is a bit hard to look at for me, I think it is given to Greek teams, a sort of dry looking one. It might be the shade of the grass and the patterns; in any case I find it unpleasant to look at. So I recommend choosing a stadium that inspires you and one from a temperate part of the world which won't have the awful dry pitch appearance (of course it might just be my preference in that regard)!

By the way, something I often notice in the game but keep forgetting to mention is what I call 'PES flu'- once in a blue moon you start a match with everyone on full stamina, but at some point in the first half one player will mysteriously begin running extremely slowly. You go to the formation screen to check his stamina, and it is almost down to the bottom despite it still being the first half. It's weird, seems to happen only very infrequently, and I have even seen it happen to a computer opponent as well. Anyone else ever see this? It's quite rare; I don't think it has happened at all to me this season, for example.
I have this pes-flu much more often on PES 6, it usually happens to my RB.
Did various tests, can't figure out why it happens.

Have you got any suggestions for me? Like I said above in another post, I will have my own Master League in PES 5, but I'm really a noob when we talk about PES 5 Master League, because I tried playing them in the past but I kept deleting them and returning to PES 6, so I need suggestions to keep myself from doing that lol.

You could try playing vanilla PES 5 and take one of unlicensed teams then just make it better. It's actually lots of fun making kits in in-game editor.

That was PES 6 actually but here's my version of FC Belgium (Club Brugge) all the way from 2017:

ktfo2uz.png

q0TChLp.png

PS2 era actually plays very well with unlicensed teams, I remember starting PES 5 ML with Fohlen (guess) and intended to remake all German teams kits in this fake-licensed fashion, well, someday surely I'll try again 🐑

Or grab Original Season patch. Either one of the big teams but with default team, I remember doing new Barcelona in PES 5 (building around Berbatov what a monster was he). Or one of the new teams added (there's Napoli which was Serie B at that time IIRC), there's a few.

For making pure fantasy teams vanilla versions of the games are the best IMHO coz they blend in with the other unlicensed teams. Ah, PES 3 Commonwealth how much do I miss u 🐑

..still no pes4 cam tool eehh :CONFUSE:

also why is it that the editing section gets more dumbed down as days go by, did they merge patch + discussion? bummer..

Honestly I tried before installing a patch, but somehow my pc doesn't get along with PES 5 patches it seems because it always crashes the game when I have the kitserver installed with a patch lmao. Talking about that, yes I said I was creating my own option file but I must tell you one of my characteristics is that sometimes I can be extremely lazy so at one moment I can be all excited about a new option file I had the idea to create, and in the next I could be just deleting everything because I'm too lazy to finish it and it doesn't make sense to keep it if I leave it unfinished lol.
I have sketches about how I want my kits, I can't send a pic yet but I can tell you how I plan it on being: home kit, a black kit with horizontal white stripes, and red number and name in the back. Away kit, red with a black single thick horizontal stripe in the middle, with white number and name in the back.
About the stadium, the one you were complaining about I have the feeling it's Cuito Cuanavale (Vodacom Park), and don't worry, I 100% agree with you, that pitch is just awful. I always consider playing in an italian or english stadium, or if it's neither of those I always go to Mestalla (brings me good memories of the Valencia Master League I had in PES 6 back in late October).
And finally, the league: maybe the most important part of the Master League. Despite being south american, I have a deep love for Serie A, and you might say it's my favourite league ever. Sadly, since there are only 20 italian teams in the game I can't fill all the 23 spots (being the 24th and last one the one where my created team is placed), and I find kinda boring is I just throw the turkish or greek teams in there. I like to innovate with the leagues. I remember in early December I had a PES 6 Master League with another created club, named AS Razzo (razzo means rocket in italian, I named it like that because my favourite song at the time was Rocket by Def Leppard), and I had a half-half Master League: 12 italian clubs, 11 french clubs, and 1 created club. I remember having three players I always liked to play with (I replaced Burchet, Huylens and Ceciu: I never really use Burchet because I'm not the kind of guy who uses wingers honestly, and then Huylens and Ceciu were out because they were like extremely old): the captain, probably my favourite player in the entire PES 6 game, slovenian striker Valter Birsa. The dude was a beast and grew like crazy, plus his name became an inside joke with my friends (we would say stuff like Birsa is god and stuff like that), and of course he was the team captain haha. Then I had Okaka, another awesome striker which I think ended up as the team overall best goalscorer, I don't remember, but he was fast, and he was good. And finally, one of my favourite defenders ever, Zoro. Dude was a wall. I only had three seasons with that ML (yeah, idk I think I'm just physically uncapable of playing a fourth season because every ML I have deleted was when I had just started the fourth season lol, and I want that to change, I want this PES5 ML to be the longest ML I have ever played), but still I managed to win a 1st Div title in the 2nd season, a Euro title in the 3rd season (almost had it lost but my man Dodo was able to score the winning penalty in the final against Inter), and back-to-back D1 Cup titles. 3rd season was funny because I could have had a treble and having Inter being runners up in all of them, but sadly Inter managed to win the league (I lost to a Fiorentina side in the final matchdays who didn't even have quite a really good team), so I had to settle with the D1 Cup and Euro Champ titles. One thing I must say, emotions hit me when I saw Birsa lifting the Euro trophy, it was a beautiful thing to see.
So yeah, I wanna get creative with my league, have it a little bit funky all around the italian teams.

You could try playing vanilla PES 5 and take one of unlicensed teams then just make it better. It's actually lots of fun making kits in in-game editor.

That was PES 6 actually but here's my version of FC Belgium (Club Brugge) all the way from 2017:

ktfo2uz.png

q0TChLp.png

PS2 era actually plays very well with unlicensed teams, I remember starting PES 5 ML with Fohlen (guess) and intended to remake all German teams kits in this fake-licensed fashion, well, someday surely I'll try again 🐑

Or grab Original Season patch. Either one of the big teams but with default team, I remember doing new Barcelona in PES 5 (building around Berbatov what a monster was he). Or one of the new teams added (there's Napoli which was Serie B at that time IIRC), there's a few.

For making pure fantasy teams vanilla versions of the games are the best IMHO coz they blend in with the other unlicensed teams. Ah, PES 3 Commonwealth how much do I miss u 🐑

(Before I write anything, I apologize if it's not that good to post 2 consecutive replies, I just made this acc yesterday and I didn't know how to reply to both of them at the same time, so yeah, sorry haha).
That is exactly what I was considering, except for the fact of not taking an unlicensed team, but creating one of my own. I still don't know what cool name I should give it but I'm considering the options.
By the way, that PolyStation sponsor cracked me up, it's so good.

Honestly I tried before installing a patch, but somehow my pc doesn't get along with PES 5 patches it seems because it always crashes the game when I have the kitserver installed with a patch lmao.

If it's one of Sany's installers the reason is because (probably) he's playing in 1920x1200 resolution and that's how his kitserver's set up.

Go to your [patch]/kitserver/kload.cfg file (open with notepad)

Code:
# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 1920
dx.fullscreen.height = 1080

set fullscreen.width and .height to match your monitor resolution 🐑 that's usually the issue

Sadly, since there are only 20 italian teams in the game I can't fill all the 23 spots

PES 5 Original Season has Serie A + Napoli, Torino, Atalanta and Catania so that's 24 🐑

I still don't know what cool name I should give it but I'm considering the options.

Hm.

Would start with looking for a city/region, maybe one that haven't had a team in Serie A back then. Found this 05/06 map:

800px-Italian_Serie_A_2005-06_map.svg.png

Some options in there.

You could take @miguelfcp approach and come up with some proper backstory. He's running Parma, being backed (owned?) by Xi Jinping, which is frankly fantastic.

A good backstory could be good starting point, combined with the right place. Venice is the most obvious one, perhaps another city in Parma's region (Emilia-Romagna is it??) there some pretty big cities there (Ferrara, Bologna)

Somewhere in the background I am working on alternate patch for PES 3 (will take years) and one idea I liked was a derby duo (Tuscany, maybe Pisa and Firenze) between Guelfi and Ghibellini - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guelphs_and_Ghibellines - those could be nice names, good throwback too.

Some good inspirations could be found in history. Imagine shit like Club Garibaldi in Sicily, lol 🐑

Coming up with new teams is fun! Take your time with it man. Consider all options 🐑

If it's one of Sany's installers the reason is because (probably) he's playing in 1920x1200 resolution and that's how his kitserver's set up.

Go to your [patch]/kitserver/kload.cfg file (open with notepad)

Code:
# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 1920
dx.fullscreen.height = 1080

set fullscreen.width and .height to match your monitor resolution 🐑 that's usually the issue

PES 5 Original Season has Serie A + Napoli, Torino, Atalanta and Catania so that's 24 🐑

Hm.

Would start with looking for a city/region, maybe one that haven't had a team in Serie A back then. Found this 05/06 map:

800px-Italian_Serie_A_2005-06_map.svg.png

Some options in there.

You could take @miguelfcp approach and come up with some proper backstory. He's running Parma, being backed (owned?) by Xi Jinping, which is frankly fantastic.

A good backstory could be good starting point, combined with the right place. Venice is the most obvious one, perhaps another city in Parma's region (Emilia-Romagna is it??) there some pretty big cities there (Ferrara, Bologna)

Somewhere in the background I am working on alternate patch for PES 3 (will take years) and one idea I liked was a derby duo (Tuscany, maybe Pisa and Firenze) between Guelfi and Ghibellini - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guelphs_and_Ghibellines - those could be nice names, good throwback too.

Some good inspirations could be found in history. Imagine shit like Club Garibaldi in Sicily, lol 🐑

Coming up with new teams is fun! Take your time with it man. Consider all options 🐑

Thanks for the suggestions, but I will actually go for what you said previously about playing in the vanilla pes 5, which I like better for some quite obvious reasons haha.
And, thanks a lot about those name suggestions, I hope I find something really good.
And about the league, I decided to throw 10 italian clubs, 10 german clubs, and he 3 portuguese clubs alongside obviously my created club who can be counted as an 11th italian club haha.
The other leagues will be: England+Scotland league, Spain+France league and finally Netherlands+Other Leagues league.

@sampa543: Oh, nice. That reminds me: lately I've been playing Football Kingdom and yesterday, after searching that title on Google, curiously, I was rather pleased to find out that the first result that appears is my FK review.
I'm biased here, but if you want a retro-PES "mission" you won't get tired of, starting a ML with the Amador mod is a great option, not just because of the uniqueness of the database but also because few people ever tried it, so you'll surely get the freshest of experiences there. We also have a kind of "Master League scenario vault" on the first page of this thread, providing lots of ideas for a ML save. Having an idea or a backstory as people mentioned here is very helpful too. For decades I suffered from the same "condition" as you, not being able to play many seasons on a single ML save before getting bored/starting another save; what cured me was playing out this challenge I created (on PES2011 PSP) - which features on that ML scenario vault I told you about:

The Deplorables Challenge: This is my favourite of them all. I’ve done countless Deplorables challenges in the past and every single one of those saves is among my all-time favourites.

Step 1 – Go to Edit Mode and search every club in the database. Choose a max. of 3 players from each team that you believe are not essential to them. You have to step in the shoes of the “manager” of each team to weed out whoever is not necessary for the present and future of the squad.

For example, Team A has 4 goalkeepers in their squad: two really good keepers, one decent and a 17-year old kid. You can’t pick any of the 2 best keepers (the supposedly first-choice and the second-choice for the role) but you also can’t pick the worst in the squad which is the young kid, because if you were manager of that team you wouldn’t want to give away your young players who’ll be good in the future. Therefore, you’ll pick the decent goalkeeper since he won’t be necessary to a team which already has two better choices and a prospect for the future.

I never choose players from teams who only have 3 goalkeepers, 4 centre-backs and 4 side-backs, 7 midfielders or 5 strikers. It’s a standard I came up with to ensure that team won’t really notice if I take their 5th best side-back or 7th best striker.
If a player fits these descriptions, add them to you list, your "pool" of prospects to choose from.

Step 2 – Depending on which PES game you’re using, after scanning the entire database you’ll have many players on your list:
EASY MODE: Pick whatever players you want for your created team. You’re bound to have a quality squad if you pay attention to “deplorables” from the best teams of the world, some of those clubs have a tendency to accumulate too many good players in their rosters.
After you start your save, you're free to buy/sell players at your will.
HARD MODE: Set limits of player attributes to your chosen players. I usually use a rule of not picking Centre-Backs nor Keepers with +75 defense attribute, also nor strikers with more than 75 attack stat. Make up your own rules, the stricter they are, the harder the setting you chose for this challenge.
HARDEST MODE: My favourite. This is Kings Mode within the Deplorables Challenge: can’t buy or sell players ever, so you have to stick with your Deplorables from day one to the end. You can only renew or terminate/let expire contracts and loan-out players.

Step 3 – Create your club and choose the players you’ll take on your journey. Depending on whether you’re on Easy, Hard or Hardest Mode you need to make some decisions: if you’re on Hardest, given you’ll keep your roster until the end of the save it’s wise to choose a lot of young players; but you’ll have to find some balance and choose some more experienced players too if you want to have short-term success as well (crucial to climb out of D2 quickly). That balance is going to be key to define the level of success of your team over the years, so I advise you to take some time to carefully analyze the problem.

...then I played a PES2008 PS2 save with the Defaults (could never sell them and could only buy newgens when one of the Defaults retired) and it went on for a phenomenal 15 seasons, which completely pulverized my previous record (about 6/7 seasons on that PES2011 PSP ML of mine).

---
@Early PES footy fan: Regarding PES-flu: perhaps the player is on a "down" arrow...? Considering my recent experiences on my Parma ML, Coco is the one who gets tired more quickly, mostly I assume because of his unimpressive stamina and Condition attributes. Other than him I've been having little trouble with Stamina consumption - which is deadly in PES5 -, surely because I've been acquiring players who fit the profile of being super-energetic, mentally above-average and with nice Condition/Consistency.

I am really curious and tempted to advance this Amador ML, as I kind of like those unorthodox Stas variation to players, like CF having Stat polygons of Defensivebfullbacks.

What concernse IE how it will behave when advancing seasons, as it violates PES inner unwritten rules, like NT teams having only 3 players of different nationality, like Greece and Brazil.

I think I discussed this again either with @mattmid or @*aLe . It was a general myth back in the days that Option Files with understaffed NT teams tended to make ML saves corrupt after the first summer transfer window.

Must have been aLe because I don't remember that conversation. Having said that I could just as easily have forgotten! :D

The National Team player situation is indeed my doing. :)) I edited them all into their proper national teams from the players we had and seeing as it was the Western Federation, 99% of players were from Western Europe, which is why most NT's are pretty much empty. Did you also know that you can play a national team game with them as well! I found that out by trying. It's really weird too because at times you just have the number of players in the team and at others 11 players appear. Didn't play a whole game but what I did mess around with incredibly didn't crash either!

I don't think it will affect the ML (and seems from @Flipper the Priest 's comments that it doesn't) so you should be ok. :)

@

@Saint Angelo 12 points!! :) yeah it is National Teams, I use it as NT to be shorter.
As about Amador, yes since it was created by outter source tool, it happened, Greece NT has only 3 players, being all Spanish IIRC. Brazil similarhas only 1 Spanish and that's all. :D

Bit harsh calling me an outer source tool :LMAO:

Another thing to bear in mind when choosing or creating a team is the stadium- one pitch type is a bit hard to look at for me, I think it is given to Greek teams, a sort of dry looking one. It might be the shade of the grass and the patterns; in any case I find it unpleasant to look at

Ah the famed ploughed field! Makes my eyes go funny!

..still no pes4 cam tool eehh :CONFUSE:

It's incredible that there isn't one. Do we know if there ever was one made or was it just myth!?

That takes the biscuit.... I'll get my coat. :COAT:

@sampa543: Oh, nice. That reminds me: lately I've been playing Football Kingdom and yesterday, after searching that title on Google, curiously, I was rather pleased to find out that the first result that appears is my FK review.
I'm biased here, but if you want a retro-PES "mission" you won't get tired of, starting a ML with the Amador mod is a great option, not just because of the uniqueness of the database but also because few people ever tried it, so you'll surely get the freshest of experiences there. We also have a kind of "Master League scenario vault" on the first page of this thread, providing lots of ideas for a ML save. Having an idea or a backstory as people mentioned here is very helpful too. For decades I suffered from the same "condition" as you, not being able to play many seasons on a single ML save before getting bored/starting another save; what cured me was playing out this challenge I created (on PES2011 PSP) - which features on that ML scenario vault I told you about:

...then I played a PES2008 PS2 save with the Defaults (could never sell them and could only buy newgens when one of the Defaults retired) and it went on for a phenomenal 15 seasons, which completely pulverized my previous record (about 6/7 seasons on that PES2011 PSP ML of mine).

---
@Early PES footy fan: Regarding PES-flu: perhaps the player is on a "down" arrow...? Considering my recent experiences on my Parma ML, Coco is the one who gets tired more quickly, mostly I assume because of his unimpressive stamina and Condition attributes. Other than him I've been having little trouble with Stamina consumption - which is deadly in PES5 -, surely because I've been acquiring players who fit the profile of being super-energetic, mentally above-average and with nice Condition/Consistency.

I'll give that challenge a try.
About the Amador mod, I did install it last night, but my Windows Defender gave me a trojan alert after installing it so I deleted it as fast as I could.
Idk if it was actually a virus or my antivirus just got confused, but honestly I don't wanna risk it.

And, I did create the team but idk, I just can't stop thinking about that Sampdoria ML @Early PES footy fan has, and I just feel it would be the right thing for me. Btw a Sampdoria vs. Newcastle Champions League final is so surreal lmao, only in PES such a thing could happen haha.
The bad thing is, if I pick the same team someone else is using I kinda start feeling guilty because I feel I'm copying the other person's idea lol idk why I feel like that.

Btw I won't be posting this ML in YouTube, I just wanna play it confortably without the pressure of being recording it, but I will be posting updates about it in here as soon as I actually start a ML that keeps my interest. What I am planning to upload though, is an International Challenge series, in which I take a small National Team and try to win the World Cup with it starting from the qualifiers.

@sampa543 That's a good idea Sampa, mixing the nationalities of the bigger leagues up a bit. I might try that myself sometime. If you did change your mind and fancied a mod, the one I am using seems to be called "PES5 - Gameplay Improvement v5.1 BETA". Hope you have fun with your next ML!

EDIT: Just saw your last post Sampa, feel free to 'copy' my idea if you like! In fact something like that would be interesting, seeing what formations different people chose to use with the same footballers and seeing whether these same footballers flourished for different players. I don't think I've managed to get the best out of Gullit with my current formation (I have him playing as RMF), his stats are almost perfect.

An update on my 2010 season; AC Milan won the title, but they lost their penultimate game 3-1 at home to Udinese before drawing 2-2 in the derby with Inter on the final day, meaning they only beat Roma on goal difference. Roma won their final two games, but the goal difference between the two was about 15 in Milan's favour, so the capital club would have needed some extraordinary results to have won the championship :D. It wasn't the only league to be decided on goal difference either; new European Cup winners Newcastle finished second in the same fashion to Man Utd. In the other two leagues, Gothenburg won by three points ahead of Celtic (yes, that's the miscellaneous European club league :LOL:), while PSV took their title by five at the expense of Bayern Munich. I finished fourth, just behind Inter, but having ended the season strongly myself I was only five points behind AC Milan in the end. In my last game I had a late penalty against Lecce, and usual taker Cerezo allowed late sub Minanda to do the honours, to score his fourth of his final season at the club. As he walked a lap of the pitch after the game, he closed his eyes so the fans wouldn't see the tears

Montella finished as league top scorer (at least 18 goals but I forgot to check his final tally), Vialli got 16. Ordaz was named as top scorer in the European Cup with 6, technically joint with Ibrahimovic and Lee Bowyer (!!).

Over the summer, with Minanda gone, I had a space free to acquire Mijhalovic, which I did. When renewing contracts I usually go with the default salary offer the computer comes up with unless I strongly disagree with it, and when Stremer refused a small pay decrease I decided to let him go. Although not ancient for a defender (he was only 32 at the end of 2010), he hasn't been a first team choice since the first or second season when I bought Di Tomasso to play sweeper with Jaric and Valeny at his side, and I felt Stremer hadn't been performing all that well on some of his rare appearances. This freed up one more slot for me to buy another youngster in; Ettori, young Frenchman who some will recognise as a default from the later generations of PES, can play as CMF or AMF, and will thus be a very useful addition to my side since I play with two CMFs.

I have made a good start in this new season, winning my first two league games and my only European Cup qualifier so far, but in the Euro game (3-0 victory over Ruhr) Vialli was injured. He didn't suffer any long injuries last season which was a pleasant change, nor did Gullit as I recall, but now Vialli is out for seven weeks. It will at least give Ordaz the regular first team football he has craved for so long. When checking the end of season development I saw that Thijs, a young Dutch striker I bought a few seasons back, has really blossomed. Despite relatively few appearances (I would imagine he doesn't play more than ten games a season, and most of those as a sub), his shot accuracy and power are both 91! He is only 21 or 22 and his development graph suggests he could become one of the world's finest. He scored with a fine drive to round off the victory against Ruhr, and I think he is ready to be considered a fully fledged stand in for Vialli or Ordaz.

@sampa543 That's a good idea Sampa, mixing the nationalities of the bigger leagues up a bit. I might try that myself sometime. If you did change your mind and fancied a mod, the one I am using seems to be called "PES5 - Gameplay Improvement v5.1 BETA". Hope you have fun with your next ML!

EDIT: Just saw your last post Sampa, feel free to 'copy' my idea if you like! In fact something like that would be interesting, seeing what formations different people chose to use with the same footballers and seeing whether these same footballers flourished for different players. I don't think I've managed to get the best out of Gullit with my current formation (I have him playing as RMF), his stats are almost perfect.

An update on my 2010 season; AC Milan won the title, but they lost their penultimate game 3-1 at home to Udinese before drawing 2-2 in the derby with Inter on the final day, meaning they only beat Roma on goal difference. Roma won their final two games, but the goal difference between the two was about 15 in Milan's favour, so the capital club would have needed some extraordinary results to have won the championship :D. It wasn't the only league to be decided on goal difference either; new European Cup winners Newcastle finished second in the same fashion to Man Utd. In the other two leagues, Gothenburg won by three points ahead of Celtic (yes, that's the miscellaneous European club league :LOL:), while PSV took their title by five at the expense of Bayern Munich. I finished fourth, just behind Inter, but having ended the season strongly myself I was only five points behind AC Milan in the end. In my last game I had a late penalty against Lecce, and usual taker Cerezo allowed late sub Minanda to do the honours, to score his fourth of his final season at the club. As he walked a lap of the pitch after the game, he closed his eyes so the fans wouldn't see the tears

Montella finished as league top scorer (at least 18 goals but I forgot to check his final tally), Vialli got 16. Ordaz was named as top scorer in the European Cup with 6, technically joint with Ibrahimovic and Lee Bowyer (!!).

Over the summer, with Minanda gone, I had a space free to acquire Mijhalovic, which I did. When renewing contracts I usually go with the default salary offer the computer comes up with unless I strongly disagree with it, and when Stremer refused a small pay decrease I decided to let him go. Although not ancient for a defender (he was only 32 at the end of 2010), he hasn't been a first team choice since the first or second season when I bought Di Tomasso to play sweeper with Jaric and Valeny at his side, and I felt Stremer hadn't been performing all that well on some of his rare appearances. This freed up one more slot for me to buy another youngster in; Ettori, young Frenchman who some will recognise as a default from the later generations of PES, can play as CMF or AMF, and will thus be a very useful addition to my side since I play with two CMFs.

I have made a good start in this new season, winning my first two league games and my only European Cup qualifier so far, but in the Euro game (3-0 victory over Ruhr) Vialli was injured. He didn't suffer any long injuries last season which was a pleasant change, nor did Gullit as I recall, but now Vialli is out for seven weeks. It will at least give Ordaz the regular first team football he has craved for so long. When checking the end of season development I saw that Thijs, a young Dutch striker I bought a few seasons back, has really blossomed. Despite relatively few appearances (I would imagine he doesn't play more than ten games a season, and most of those as a sub), his shot accuracy and power are both 91! He is only 21 or 22 and his development graph suggests he could become one of the world's finest. He scored with a fine drive to round off the victory against Ruhr, and I think he is ready to be considered a fully fledged stand in for Vialli or Ordaz.

I might take a look at the mod, but I don't think I will install it because you see, I don't actually have a legit computer, I have a Windows tablet that can be used as a PC, so I have low RAM and Hard Disk storage space.

By the way were you able to win the Euro Champ though? Since you didn't mention it and I got curious lol. (EDIT: I just realized the 2010 season was the one when you played the Euro final against Newcastle lmfao so sorry)

And also you mentioned all four leagues but that means you don't have the spanish league? I never thought I would be capable of playing a ML that doesn't have either Barça or Real Madrid, it usually makes me really uncomfortable if they are not there. Same thing with the english league, it just feels weird for me if they're not there.

@sampa543: So strange! We promise we are legit, aren't we @mattmid? If Amador is a trojan horse, it's a trojan horse of awkward amateurs trying to kick a ball and laughably failing at it...

-----

A Retro-PES-fueled project to make 2021 an unforgettable year...for fantastic reasons. Take a look at this:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/ΖΩΗ-football.85397/

You seem like a legit person but sorry that I won't be able to test that mod because of my problem, it really is unfortunate! I would love to play it, but better safe than sorry right?
But, if you want any suggestions for an update, you could add some south american cities as well (if you haven't already, because I didn't even have the chance to check what cities were in the mod).

Last edited by a moderator:
@sampa543: Did you download Amador through Sany's installer? I did it again rather recently and had no issues whatsoever.
We recreated just Western Europe regions on that inaugural version; maybe someday we will expand that virtual world as there is a lot more to cover!

I might take a look at the mod, but I don't think I will install it because you see, I don't actually have a legit computer, I have a Windows tablet that can be used as a PC, so I have low RAM and Hard Disk storage space.

By the way were you able to win the Euro Champ though? Since you didn't mention it and I got curious lol.

And also you mentioned all four leagues but that means you don't have the spanish league? I never thought I would be capable of playing a ML that doesn't have either Barça or Real Madrid, it usually makes me really uncomfortable if they are not there. Same thing with the english league, it just feels weird for me if they're not there.

You seem like a legit person but sorry that I won't be able to test that mod because of my problem, it really is unfortunate! I would love to play it, but better safe than sorry right?
But, if you want any suggestions for an update, you could add some south american cities as well (if you haven't already, because I didn't even have the chance to check what cities were in the mod).
I've installed multiple Sany installers for the World Cup patches and Windows Defender always pop-up. After you install it, it also detects the PES Internal Resolution program + the keybind.exe in kit-server as viruses, but I never had a single problem with those. I understand you prefer to play it safe, but I highly doubt they can cause you problems.

@sampa543: Did you download Amador through Sany's installer? I did it again rather recently and had no issues whatsoever.
We recreated just Western Europe regions on that inaugural version; maybe someday we will expand that virtual world as there is a lot more to cover!

Yes I did, but oh well.
Thanks for considering my suggestion, and I hope the mod gets a lot more users since it's one of the best ideas I've ever heard.

I've installed multiple Sany installers for the World Cup patches and Windows Defender always pop-up. After you install it, it also detects the PES Internal Resolution program + the keybind.exe in kit-server as viruses, but I never had a single problem with those. I understand you prefer to play it safe, but I highly doubt they can cause you problems.

Well it's good to know that it's not an actual trojan, but still I appreciate that you understand and respect my decision. I'll just stick to the PES5 ML and the PES6 quick competitions I play (not ML, at least not yet, I played so many PES6 Master Leagues over the last 3 years that I think that game needs a break lol).

@sampa543 Yes as @ryudek says it's the keybind.exe that causes a windows defender alert to pop-up. By the way you can let windows defender delete that file if you like it won't effect the game at all. Anyway up to you it's your computer :)

If you want you could just download the Amador Option file (As all kits are built in) and put it into your PES 6 documents/folder1 (after backing up your current option file) and play it like that. I think there's still a link to the Option File in the Amador thread (if not let me know and I'll post a link here for you. :)

@sampa543 Yes as @ryudek says it's the keybind.exe that causes a windows defender alert to pop-up. By the way you can let windows defender delete that file if you like it won't effect the game at all. Anyway up to you it's your computer :)

If you want you could just download the Amador Option file (As all kits are built in) and put it into your PES 6 documents/folder1 (after backing up your current option file) and play it like that. I think there's still a link to the Option File in the Amador thread (if not let me know and I'll post a link here for you. :)

The option file alternative might be the best solution, and if there's no link, I will let you know on private message (if you don't mind of course) and you can post it so anyone can download it (not just me because that would be kinda unfair).

Great OF
@sampa543 Sure, let me know if it's not in there and I'll post it up. :))

Link added to Amador thread

Great OF, but sadly only the teams from the demo have their actual logos, perhaps you can take a look at it and add some more logos to the option file, since there's plenty of free space in the crest section.

But, I will install the full mod, and just delete those files that are mistakenly detected as viruses, and enjoy the mod properly!

@sampa543 Ah, that's because the other logos are in the kitserver/dat folder in the full patch. There's not enough room in an OF to put logos for all teams so they had to be done in the 0_text bin files.

@sampa543 Ah, that's because the other logos are in the kitserver/dat folder in the full patch. There's not enough room in an OF to put logos for all teams so they had to be done in the 0_text bin files.

Oh don't worry then!
Ok so I tested the mod (you were right, it's harmless, but still I deleted the files that were mistakenly detected as malwares) and it's so awesome!!! You must be proud of your work. I played some matches with Luxembourg, but sadly due to the low resources of my PC the game kept lagging (raw PES6 never lags but somehow this version did lag... a lot) so I just had to deleted for the sake of my tiny pc which I must take care of since I will need it for when I start college so I can't afford to lose it due to low hard disk or RAM storage space. But still, those moments I had playing the mod were awesome and I loved it, but it's really unfortunate that I can't keep on playing it because of my PC.

Changing subject: since I got the approval of @Early PES footy fan to make a PES5 ML similar to his, I will be starting it quite soon. I will not be using Sampdoria though, I was considering it but changed my mind since another club caught my interest: Cagliari, or how it's called in-game: Teste di Moro. This club is perfect for me, because:
1- Small team
2- Italian team
3- Unlicensed team so I can edit the kits whenever I feel like it

EDIT: Sorry if I change ML ideas way too often, it's just that I've been having loads of great ideas lately and I'm just letting everything out now.
So, there's this spanish youtuber called TheSpecialBradpitto, who has done PES MLs and BALs since PES2011 if I'm not wrong, and well it's a channel I recommend if you can understand spanish and enjoy newer PES and FIFA games (2011 and forward). He made a PES2013 ML which is considered by himself and many of his fans his best ML series ever. He recreated spanish clubs from divisions below LaLiga Santander/BBVA, so he did a full spanish second div with those teams, and one of those clubs is Atlético Baleares, the club he made the ML with. That series is really epic and remembered by all of his early fans, and it's worth to binge-watch honestly. Where am I going with this? So, my idea is to edit the teams from the Other Leagues B section (including Sao Paulo, meaning there will be no south american teams unfortunately) and recreate italian clubs from lower divisions. Those three teams plus the 20 Serie A teams make up for 23 of 24 in the entire league (1st Div + 2nd Div), so the left spot will be filled by another created team, which I will create myself by choosing the "create a custom team" option in the ML setup. I don't know which club I will play with, but it will be an italian club from a lower division (most likely Serie D). So basically my plan is to have a Master League similar to Bradpitto's Atletico Baleares ML in PES2013, but in PES5 and with an italian club.

So you will be hearing more from me and my Cagliari, I can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
@sampa543 Glad you enjoyed it, yes myself and @miguelfcp are indeed proud of how it turned out, with the help of all the others in that thread too who contributed with great kits/balls and even adboards. I wonder if the lag was caused by the kitserver kits or maybe adboards, presumably it's something in kitserver and that's the only thing I can think off that is different from default PES. You could disable the kits by deleting the map file as all the teams have in game kits made anyway. But not to worry if you've already deleted it, totally understand you need it for college.

Look forward to seeing how you get on with Cagliari.

Oh don't worry then!
Ok so I tested the mod (you were right, it's harmless, but still I deleted the files that were mistakenly detected as malwares) and it's so awesome!!! You must be proud of your work. I played some matches with Luxembourg, but sadly due to the low resources of my PC the game kept lagging (raw PES6 never lags but somehow this version did lag... a lot) so I just had to deleted for the sake of my tiny pc which I must take care of since I will need it for when I start college so I can't afford to lose it due to low hard disk or RAM storage space. But still, those moments I had playing the mod were awesome and I loved it, but it's really unfortunate that I can't keep on playing it because of my PC.

Changing subject: since I got the approval of @Early PES footy fan to make a PES5 ML similar to his, I will be starting it quite soon. I will not be using Sampdoria though, I was considering it but changed my mind since another club caught my interest: Cagliari, or how it's called in-game: Teste di Moro. This club is perfect for me, because:
1- Small team
2- Italian team
3- Unlicensed team so I can edit the kits whenever I feel like it

EDIT: Sorry if I change ML ideas way too often, it's just that I've been having loads of great ideas lately and I'm just letting everything out now.
So, there's this spanish youtuber called TheSpecialBradpitto, who has done PES MLs and BALs since PES2011 if I'm not wrong, and well it's a channel I recommend if you can understand spanish and enjoy newer PES and FIFA games (2011 and forward). He made a PES2013 ML which is considered by himself and many of his fans his best ML series ever. He recreated spanish clubs from divisions below LaLiga Santander/BBVA, so he did a full spanish second div with those teams, and one of those clubs is Atlético Baleares, the club he made the ML with. That series is really epic and remembered by all of his early fans, and it's worth to binge-watch honestly. Where am I going with this? So, my idea is to edit the teams from the Other Leagues B section (including Sao Paulo, meaning there will be no south american teams unfortunately) and recreate italian clubs from lower divisions. Those three teams plus the 20 Serie A teams make up for 23 of 24 in the entire league (1st Div + 2nd Div), so the left spot will be filled by another created team, which I will create myself by choosing the "create a custom team" option in the ML setup. I don't know which club I will play with, but it will be an italian club from a lower division (most likely Serie D). So basically my plan is to have a Master League similar to Bradpitto's Atletico Baleares ML in PES2013, but in PES5 and with an italian club.

So you will be hearing more from me and my Cagliari, I can't wait!
I've grown up a bit, but I've seen his videos from the Rayo Vallecano series until a few years ago. Both him and KC Deportes were (in my opinion) the top spanish-talking career mode/ML content creators. I also got my love for PES's ML/Career Mode from all the series he has done, and ever since I play a football game like PES I create the team and change kits each season.

Back
Top Bottom