The Retro-PES Corner

Lmao I saw one pic in which the viking had a Real Betis tattoo
Yeah there's been a few really weird ones floating around,this one is made by our arch enemies,fun thing is that we (Hammarby) loved it,and they (dif) kinda missed :)
Bet the one with the Betis tattoo is made by a Sevilla fan

Yeah there's been a few really weird ones floating around,this one is made by our arch enemies,fun thing is that we (Hammarby) loved it,and they (dif) kinda missed :)
Bet the one with the Betis tattoo is made by a Sevilla fan

Wouldn't be a surprise lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope,can't be done on the XB1.
Strongly suggest you get a 360 and buy it,I'm still enjoying 13 on my 360

This might be a bit off topic, but man it worries me how footy games from the 7th generation of consoles are so much harder to get a hold of compared to older ones. At least in the PS1 and PS2 there was backwards compatibility and if necessary they're easy to emulate, and with the PS3 every model was compatible with PS1 games, and some older ones with PS2. The only console that has more backwards compatibility now is XBOX, but it's only with specific games, yes the list is big, but it doesn't include PES or FIFA, also it seems to be difficult to find the PC version of those games.

Now the consoles that just came out have a good compatibility with the generation before it, that being with the PS4 and XBOX ONE, it feels like the generation of the PS3 and XBOX360 is gonna be kind of a lost generation for footy games with time, as these older consoles start breaking down, while it's still hard to emulate them for pretty much everyone that doesn't have a really great PC, hopefully as technology advances emulating them becomes more viable, i also hope emulation doesn't get killed by then like many companies try to do, yeah i can see their piracy point, but i think emulation is important for things like game preservation, especially for games that involve licenses since they are rarely rereleased anywhere.

@MKC
I think one issue with football games (and other sports titles) is the fact that it's a licence issue,music teams etc,and that's why no game is back comp.

Saw a project that a few dudes made with NHL 2k8 hockey,they've taken those files and made in to a more mode n game for pc,think it's called 2k NHS.
But yes older games, especially the PS3/360 generation is a bit tougher to get hold off,and will be tougher and tougher

@MKC
I think one issue with football games (and other sports titles) is the fact that it's a licence issue,music teams etc,and that's why no game is back comp.

Saw a project that a few dudes made with NHL 2k8 hockey,they've taken those files and made in to a more mode n game for pc,think it's called 2k NHS.
But yes older games, especially the PS3/360 generation is a bit tougher to get hold off,and will be tougher and tougher

Took a look into this hockey project, 2KHS, found the forum on Operation Sports, it's really something else what those fans have done, it goes to show that when passion is involved, people can really do impressive things.

Yeah, licensing can really be an issue for many games, i like racing games a lot too, and the older ones with licensed cars never get rereleased anywhere, i guess i really have to enjoy the footy 7th gen games while my PS3 is still hanging on, after that my main hope is that emulation for these consoles becomes easier, RPCS3 and Xenia look very promising tbh, and i'm sure they'll get better with time, just like PC parts should become better aswell, while older ones that are high end currently, that can handle those emulators ok, should become cheaper.

Took a look into this hockey project, 2KHS, found the forum on Operation Sports, it's really something else what those fans have done, it goes to show that when passion is involved, people can really do impressive things.

Yeah, licensing can really be an issue for many games, i like racing games a lot too, and the older ones with licensed cars never get rereleased anywhere, i guess i really have to enjoy the footy 7th gen games while my PS3 is still hanging on, after that my main hope is that emulation for these consoles becomes easier, RPCS3 and Xenia look very promising tbh, and i'm sure they'll get better with time, just like PC parts should become better aswell, while older ones that are high end currently, that can handle those emulators ok, should become cheaper.
Yeah that 2KHS looks so good,I'm often over at OS since I'm a NHL player as well.
Hated 20 not in to 21 much so I'm sticking to a very good setup on my 19.

One of the things I did when buying my 360 this summer was buying Pes 11-12-13-14 along with NHL 13+14.
Looking to get NBA 2k 8-11 as well.

Yeah I really hope emulators can sav our old games

Reactions: MKC
This might be a bit off topic, but man it worries me how footy games from the 7th generation of consoles are so much harder to get a hold of compared to older ones. At least in the PS1 and PS2 there was backwards compatibility and if necessary they're easy to emulate, and with the PS3 every model was compatible with PS1 games, and some older ones with PS2. The only console that has more backwards compatibility now is XBOX, but it's only with specific games, yes the list is big, but it doesn't include PES or FIFA, also it seems to be difficult to find the PC version of those games.

Now the consoles that just came out have a good compatibility with the generation before it, that being with the PS4 and XBOX ONE, it feels like the generation of the PS3 and XBOX360 is gonna be kind of a lost generation for footy games with time, as these older consoles start breaking down, while it's still hard to emulate them for pretty much everyone that doesn't have a really great PC, hopefully as technology advances emulating them becomes more viable, i also hope emulation doesn't get killed by then like many companies try to do, yeah i can see their piracy point, but i think emulation is important for things like game preservation, especially for games that involve licenses since they are rarely rereleased anywhere.
PS3 and Xbox 360 emulation is already in a pretty good state with RPCS3 and Xenia which don't need incredible specs for games to be playable and they are getting more optimised with each update, though I haven't tried them for football games and they're not tested as much as the majority of football games from that generation have a PC version (apart from a few like UCL 06/07, Euro 2008, WC 2010 etc. and when PC was given the inferior old-gen port like FIFA 07-10).

The problem with the PC versions is that with since they've become tied to platforms like Steam/Origin, even the physical discs are about as useful as a beer mat if someone else has used the activation code. With PES, almost as soon as the most recent version releases, the older one is removed from sale. PES 2020 is unavailable on Steam now. FIFA seems to go a bit further back with it still being possible to play them as far back as FIFA 15 with EA Play, but that's only a subscription service and it seems you can't buy the game. If they decide to remove FIFA 15 from that plan, then there's no way to play it officially.

That only leaves dodgy key resellers, who could either be fake, sell at hugely inflated prices and will eventually run out of keys anyway... Or piracy... Even then, some games seem to not even be preserved in that way. Tried to play FIFA 13 that way a few months ago but none of the downloads I found worked despite following all the instructions, trying to open the game would simply open Origin.

Console emulation is probably how these games will be most easily preserved, and even if not right now, in a few years even a moderate spec PC should be capable of smooth 360/PS3 emulation. I was surprised how well my PC with a 6+ year old CPU and mid-range GPU can run Skate 3 in RPCS3 which is the only one I've tried the emulator with so far.

Welp I got some big plans.
I had to reinstall the portable version of PES6 because the full version was taking up too much space.
Will "create" a team (it will actually be an edited WE United but oh well) and do a mixed up league like I was planning a few days ago.
This will be fun since it will actually be my first decent ML in which I will play with the default team at 100% (my previous ML had some changes, like I removed Ceciu and Huylens to have Birsa and Okaka instead, and like that).
Plus I think this will be more enjoyable.
Unfortunately no YT series will be made for it (I will give updates here every time I end a season though) and probably whenever I have the chance I can do a goal compilation for YT.

Me changing ideas too much isn't 100% bad, since I end up leaving a bunch of ideas for all of you to use in your own Master Leagues!

Thought I'd be finished with this before 2021, lol

Just a massive compilation of one stage of J-League mode from WE 2000 J-League (duh edition)

Overall I really like this, admittedly passing started pissing me off a little bit towards the end, could be related to me using analog sticks?

Doesn't matter. Will definitely go back to this one it's loads of fun 🐑

good game 🐑

Will "create" a team (it will actually be an edited WE United but oh well) and do a mixed up league like I was planning a few days ago.

Okay everything is set up, but I can't think of a good name which is something I really have a hard time with, so if anyone wants to request a cool name for my team all suggestions are welcome! :)

Okay everything is set up, but I can't think of a good name which is something I really have a hard time with, so if anyone wants to request a cool name for my team all suggestions are welcome! :)
A goofy name?
A proper name that sounds the part?
English/German/Italian/Spanish etc?

There's always the option to go for a team that has been dissolved.
Or a random city that doesn't have a team.
Or make a team so the team in the city has a up and coming rival.
Endless options(sorry didn't help right?)

Well we'll get there eventually with emulation, It's a shame it's the only way as there isn't much of an official avenue to repurchase these games. I think developers and publishers are only now in the last 5 years understanding the importance of game preservation and future proofing what with remasters and backwards compatibility but most developers didn't bother keeping source material so some cannot be salvaged.

It gets complicated with sports games, The licensing being the biggest issue even if they wanted to but the demand isn't there for them. Guys like us who play old sports games probably don't even make up 5% of their target demographic so they just presume their consumers treat the previous years game as an expired product and move on to the next.

It's a shame because as you mentioned there's some trivial games especially on the generation of consoles you mentioned. We can only play FIFA 06 RTWC, PES 6 (360), Euro 2008, FIFA games etc on those consoles and until they get emulated flawlessly, You need specific hardware to run them. Thankfully they're physical games so we don't need to fear them being removed digitally anytime soon...
PS3 and Xbox 360 emulation is already in a pretty good state with RPCS3 and Xenia which don't need incredible specs for games to be playable and they are getting more optimised with each update, though I haven't tried them for football games and they're not tested as much as the majority of football games from that generation have a PC version (apart from a few like UCL 06/07, Euro 2008, WC 2010 etc. and when PC was given the inferior old-gen port like FIFA 07-10).

The problem with the PC versions is that with since they've become tied to platforms like Steam/Origin, even the physical discs are about as useful as a beer mat if someone else has used the activation code. With PES, almost as soon as the most recent version releases, the older one is removed from sale. PES 2020 is unavailable on Steam now. FIFA seems to go a bit further back with it still being possible to play them as far back as FIFA 15 with EA Play, but that's only a subscription service and it seems you can't buy the game. If they decide to remove FIFA 15 from that plan, then there's no way to play it officially.

That only leaves dodgy key resellers, who could either be fake, sell at hugely inflated prices and will eventually run out of keys anyway... Or piracy... Even then, some games seem to not even be preserved in that way. Tried to play FIFA 13 that way a few months ago but none of the downloads I found worked despite following all the instructions, trying to open the game would simply open Origin.

Console emulation is probably how these games will be most easily preserved, and even if not right now, in a few years even a moderate spec PC should be capable of smooth 360/PS3 emulation. I was surprised how well my PC with a 6+ year old CPU and mid-range GPU can run Skate 3 in RPCS3 which is the only one I've tried the emulator with so far.
This is a great post too and one that often comes up in the FIFA thread as more and more people become interested in trying the older versions like 14 & 16, They run into the same problem, You can't purchase them from the developers own interface! These games are barely 5-6 years old yet it feels like a whole different lifetime and the publisher certainly treats it that way. It's my case in point about preservation and future proofing. If you didn't grab 14 & 16 at the time of release like I did then it's abolished from your account.

On the note of emulation, We're also relying on the dedicated work of people improving emulators in their free time as side projects, But the scope of what we've reached so far is amazing. It'll take a few more years for extremely reliable or damn near accurate PS3 & 360 emulation I think, I can't wait to try PES6 & RTWC in 60fps & 4K, Those weren't very well received at the time but are fascinating for what they are which was basically promotional tech demos. Microsoft wanted Football games for launch pronto and this is what we got, PES 6 was decent gameplay wise but was pillaged content wise and FIFA RTWC was really impressive for a next gen 2005 game but the gameplay wasn't very sophisticated.

A point i often bring up too regarding PES 2015 to PES 2017 is how great they look on the PS4/XB1 and that's the only way to experience them in this manner, You can't even play them in 4K on your PS4Pro. Yet the PC versions are nerfed visually.

Some sunny day in 10 years we'll have PS4 emulation and we can right the wrongs and play 2017 in 4K as intended. Much to my point earlier about developers neglecting the previous years sports titles, There's not much incentive for them to go back and at least patch in PS4Pro support for their earlier football games on the console and it's a shame.

A goofy name?
A proper name that sounds the part?
English/German/Italian/Spanish etc?

There's always the option to go for a team that has been dissolved.
Or a random city that doesn't have a team.
Or make a team so the team in the city has a up and coming rival.
Endless options(sorry didn't help right?)

Goofy is the way. :COOL: EDIT: It can also be a proper name as well, maybe you can give me some goofy names and some proper names and I'll just choose the one I like the most. :))
But, I will leave it for PES 5 tho, like the ML in PES 6 was good and all but idk I don't have the same excitement I used to have. But still, I want to finish this ML so I don't leave another one unfinished, so I'll just play the rest of my D2 games and then start with PES 5 with the mod @Early PES footy fan recommended me a while ago.

hmm, forgot to edit the stats before starting (in pes4), now figured that it does not apply to ML just the other modes, used the editPESOptionFile 1.1 which seems to be the only one having this function?! :(

Goofy is the way. :COOL: EDIT: It can also be a proper name as well, maybe you can give me some goofy names and some proper names and I'll just choose the one I like the most. :))
But, I will leave it for PES 5 tho, like the ML in PES 6 was good and all but idk I don't have the same excitement I used to have. But still, I want to finish this ML so I don't leave another one unfinished, so I'll just play the rest of my D2 games and then start with PES 5 with the mod @Early PES footy fan recommended me a while ago.
I like Pes 5 over 6 any day nowadays

I like Pes 5 over 6 any day nowadays

Ikr, it's kinda more difficult and hence more interesting and fun, and also you feel really good about yourself when you win a title.
I remember like two months ago, I was playing a Konami Cup with all classic teams (me playing as Classic Germany), I remember the semifinals against Classic Netherlands, me conceding like at the 81st minute and losing 1-0 and then scoring the equalizer like 5 minutes later, and finally winning and going to the final after scoring 2 silver goals on extra time.
Sadly when I was beating Classic Brazil 3-0 in the final the game somehow crashed, and then when I replayed it I was the one who went on losing 3-0 lmao, that was just bad luck at its finest.

One potential issue with emulating the 7th gen games going forward could be getting hold of the game updates if/when the downloads become unavailable on PSN/XBL for PS3/360. Some games may have been better in their vanilla versions anyway, can't really remember how updates affected PES 08-14. I'm also not sure how the data packs work in this regard, whether the final data packs are still available in-game or not (I'm guessing not, so they may be lost now unless someone still has them on a console).

I don't know how it works for Xenia, but you can easily get hold of all of the game updates for PS3 games by using a Discord bot in the RPCS3 Discord server that grabs the direct links from Sony's servers. It may be worth it for us to download and back these up somewhere just in case they do get taken off PSN in the future.

Timestamped the part explaining this process, the whole video is very helpful for anyone wanting to get into emulating PS3 games though;

These emulators are moving on so fast that unless you regularly watch videos on channels like the one above, the official RPCS3 channel etc. the performance/compatibility are likely to be way ahead of your expectations, it is seriously impressive what they have managed to do recently. Even games like RDR1 are playable from start to finish.

Obviously PS4/XB1 emulation is likely to be many, many years away, but the first stages are being made on the PS4 with Orbital/Spine (PCSX4 is a total fake, but comes up as the top Google result).

Last edited:
One potential issue with emulating the 7th gen games going forward could be getting hold of the game updates if/when the downloads become unavailable on PSN/XBL for PS3/360. Some games may have been better in their vanilla versions anyway, can't really remember how updates affected PES 08-14. I'm also not sure how the data packs work in this regard, whether the final data packs are still available in-game or not (I'm guessing not, so they may be lost now unless someone still has them on a console).

I don't know how it works for Xenia, but you can easily get hold of all of the game updates for PS3 games by using a Discord bot in the RPCS3 Discord server that grabs the direct links from Sony's servers. It may be worth it for us to download and back these up somewhere just in case they do get taken off PSN in the future.

Timestamped the part explaining this process, the whole video is very helpful for anyone wanting to get into emulating PS3 games though;
That's a very good point, especially how if you was to use option files, some are only compatible with their relevant game versions too.

It also brings into question DLC for games too, Even on consoles some DLC is impossible to retrieve unless you originally downloaded it. We've heard people recall not being able to download world challenge DLC's for PES 2014 on console too.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Hi mate, I'm afraid I can't track down where I downloaded that mod from- I have a vague memory that I first read about it in this very thread, but having scanned back tens of pages I still can't find whereabouts it was mentioned. There may even have been a link, but I think the poster talked about it as so-and-so's mod rather than it's actual official name, so that might explain why neither of us have been able to find it searching under the name PES 5 Gameplay Improvement, which is what is on my hard drive. As far as a team name goes, how about...Wetwang Athletic, for an English club? Wetwang is a real village!

I've almost finished 2011 in my PES 5 ML with Sampdoria. Again Lo Scudetto eludes me, but it is little wonder since AC Milan have won it for a second year running, and did so with four games left. They now have just three games to go, and they have won all but two, which they drew with me and Udinese. 2nd place should be secure for me though, for the first time in this playthrough. Juve are in 3rd (Juve, title winners two years ago, struggled at the beginning of this campaign as they did last year, but this time they have improved as the season progressed), Roma 4th and Parma 5th (a big improvement for them). I think Anderlecht might be in 6th, edging Inter out of the European spots though it is very close between 5th and 8th places. AC won the Coppa Italia for the second year running, beating Roma, and I also face AC next in the European Cup final, so I am all that stands between AC and a treble. Having lost last year's Euro final in a flat performance against Newcastle (pah!), and failing to beat AC in the Coppa Italia last year too, I am especially keen to get some silverware and stymie AC's ambitions. Udinese face Alfredo Di Stefano's formidable Wolfsburg in the UEFA Cup final. It will be tough; Udinese were a surprise qualifier for Europe this year, and are currently in the lower half of the table, whereas the Germans are second in their domestic league and have knocked out Chelsea and Inter in their path to the UEFA Cup final.

My own journey in the Coppa Italia ended at the first stage this year. After an assured 2-0 win over Roma at home in the first leg, in which they barely registered a shot at goal, I felt confident of progressing, but Roma made things hard for me in the second leg and were threatening all the way through, and indeed struck twice to take it to extra time. I scored the first goal and was greatly relieved, but then they struck back and it went to penalties, which I lost (apparently away goals don't count in extra time, I had no idea!). In contrast, I actually won against Juve on penalties in the European Cup quarter final, before going on to beat Liverpool in a fairly close semi. Liverpool were a bit harder to conquer than on previous meetings, they are currently at the top of the Premier League.

AC Milan have scored loads of goals and dominate scoring charts. In the European Cup Vieri is joint top on 6 with a couple of other players, while in the Coppa Italia Gilardino was the leading scorer with 6 as well. In the league Gilardino is on about 14 or 15, and Shevchenko has 16, behind only Robert Mancini who recently scored a hat-trick against Inter to reach 17, his highest ever tally for me in the league. He has just crept onto the bottom of the total goals chart. Vialli is only on 5 for this season, having been injured for about half of it in various stages. Ordaz has been a bit less prolific than in previous years, particularly in the league, though in the Euro semi-final he did score a nice brace in the first leg against Liverpool, with the last one coming right at the end of the game. Their CB passed it back to the goalkeeper with Ordaz in hot pursuit, and as soon as the keeper passed it the Spaniard slid in, knocking the ball into the corner.

I recently scored a pleasing goal with Gullit, a free pass lob from just inside the area, landing it on the far post and it crossed the line (barely). I often find this method more reliable than doing a lob shot, as I find the variation in how much power to apply to the lob shot hard to predict based on the direction that the player is facing in relation to goal, if the ball is bouncing etc. The Dutchman has scored more often this year, partly from playing better and being more adventurous, but also because in the occasional abscence of Cerezo (my main penalty man) I have let Gullit take them and he has done a good job.

Ceciu is retiring at the end of the season at the age of 37. Never a player with impressive stats, he does nevertheless have decent pace for a CB (still around 70) which might partly explain why he performs rather well for me. I have relied on him as a replacement defender in this playthrough, as I often do.

Finally, I would just like to express my sadness that Miguel, the creator of this thread and whose enthusiasm for the game was infectious, had to leave the forum. I mean no disrespect to the admins and don't wish to perpetuate discussion of the matter, and from what I gather his leaving was inevitable given the way things escalated, I just wanted Miguel to know he will be missed. Good luck in your future PES playing and all other aspects of life, Miguel!

Last edited:
Hi mate, I'm afraid I can't track down where I downloaded that mod from- I have a vague memory that I first read about it in this very thread, but having scanned back tens of pages I still can't find whereabouts it was mentioned. There may even have been a link, but I think the poster talked about it as so-and-so's mod rather than it's actual official name, so that might explain why neither of us have been able to find it searching under the name PES 5 Gameplay Improvement, which is what is on my hard drive. As far as a team name goes, how about...Wetwang Athletic, for an English club? Wetwang is a real village!

I've almost finished 2011 in my PES 5 ML with Sampdoria. Again Lo Scudetto eludes me, but it is little wonder since AC Milan have won it for a second year running, and did so with four games left. They now have just three games to go, and they have won all but two, which they drew with me and Udinese. 2nd place should be secure for me though, for the first time in this playthrough. Juve are in 3rd, Roma 4th and Parma 5th (a big improvement for them). I think Anderlecht might be in 6th, edging Inter out of the European spots though it is very close between 5th and 8th places. AC won the Coppa Italia for the second year running, beating Roma, and I also face AC next in the European Cup final, so I am all that stands between AC and a treble. Inter face Alfredo Di Stefano's formidable Wolfsburg in the UEFA Cup final. Juve, title winners two years ago, struggled at the beginning of this campaign as they did last year, but this time they have improved as the season progressed. My last league game was a difficult goalless draw against them.

My own journey in the Coppa Italia ended at the first stage this year. After an assured 2-0 win over Roma at home in the first leg, in which they barely registered a shot at goal, I felt confident of progressing, but Roma made things hard for me in the second leg and were threatening all the way through, and indeed struck twice to take it to extra time. I scored the first goal and was greatly relieved, but then they struck back and it went to penalties, which I lost (apparently away goals don't count in extra time, I had no idea!). In contrast, I actually won against Juve on penalties in the European Cup quarter final, before going on to beat Liverpool in a fairly close semi. Liverpool were a bit harder to conquer than on previous meetings, they are currently at the top of the Premier League.

AC Milan have scored loads of goals and dominate scoring charts. In the European Cup Vieri is joint top on 6 with a couple of other players, while in the Coppa Italia Gilardino was the leading scorer with 6 as well. In the league Gilardino is on about 14 or 15, and Shevchenko has 16, behind only Robert Mancini who recently scored a hat-trick against Inter to reach 17, his highest ever tally for me in the league. He has just crept onto the bottom of the top scorer chart, which tallies all a player's goals. Vialli is only on 5 for this season, having been injured for about half of it in various stages. Ordaz has been a bit less prolific than in previous years, particularly in the league, though in the Euro semi-final he did score a nice brace in the first leg against Liverpool, with the last one coming right at the end of the game. Their CB passed it back to the goalkeeper with Ordaz in hot pursuit, and as soon as the keeper passed it the Spaniard slid in, knocking the ball into the corner.

I recently scored a pleasing goal with Gullit, a free pass lob from just inside the area, landing it on the far post and it crossed the line (barely). I often find this method more reliable than doing a lob shot, as I find the variation in how much power to apply to the lob shot hard to predict based on the direction that the player is facing in relation to goal, if the ball is bouncing etc. The Dutchman has scored more often this year, partly from playing better and being more adventurous, but also because in the occasional abscence of Cerezo (my main penalty man) I have let Gullit take them and he has done a good job.

Don't worry dude! You see, you do a great job with your updates, you like tell them like if you were telling a story and it really catches my interest, so sometimes I like to read your updates in previous MLs like if I was reading a book, and well in one of those I actually found the link to the mod lol. I tried it, and well it's good, but it makes my pc lag too much because it gives the game HD graphics and my pc can't handle those so I'll have to settle for the original version.

Regarding the name, it's really cool, I think I'll use it. My team will have a Newell's inspired home kit, and at the moment idk about the away kit but oh well.

And good luck on your Euro final against Milan, let's hope there's not another heartbreak like in the previous season against Newcastle. By the way, how does your starting XI look rn? And btw I'm kinda curious, you play in 5 stars or 6 stars?

Aha! Glad you found it :)) I didn't think to check my own posts! It's a shame it's a bit too much for your PC (though doesn't it give you the option to have a lower level of detail? I can't remember).

My current playing level is 6 stars; once you've gotten used to the AI pressing you more quickly, it's not too demanding. I find my performances depend more upon how relaxed and immersed in the game I am than on the difficulty level, i.e. I can have a really poor, frustrating experience on 3 stars as much as on 6 if I am not in the right frame of mind. My first choice starting eleven is as follows;

GK: Ivarov
CB: Valeny
Sweeper: Di Tomasso
CB: Jaric
DMF (roving forward): Dodo
CMF: David Platt
CMF (more defensive than other one): Toninho Cerezo
LMF (light defence): Ximelez
RMF (medium defence, roving forward and outside): Gullit
SS (roves side to side from a fairly central position): Mancini
CF: Vialli

Valeny is to the right of Di Tomasso, Jaric to the left with the Di Tomasso set slightly behind them. Jaric is set to run slightly backwards when we have possession, while Valeny goes forwards, which is great because as a fast player with modest attacking qualities (for a CB), he is useful when I need an extra man to stretch the opposition's defence. Dodo is set quite deep, but with his instruction to go straight forwards when we have the ball, he often moves up to prove helpful in attack. So too Cerezo, despite the fact that his attack arrow actually goes backwards, I suppose because his CMF his role prompts him to be quite close behind the attacking line. If you were to splash out on Vialli or Gullit at some point in a playthrough, I would caution you that you will need an extra back up player because both get injured easily.

Aha! Glad you found it :)) I didn't think to check my own posts! It's a shame it's a bit too much for your PC (though doesn't it give you the option to have a lower level of detail? I can't remember).

My current playing level is 6 stars; once you've gotten used to the AI pressing you more quickly, it's not too demanding. I find my performances depend more upon how relaxed and immersed in the game I am than on the difficulty level, i.e. I can have a really poor, frustrating experience on 3 stars as much as on 6 if I am not in the right frame of mind. My first choice starting eleven is as follows;

GK: Ivarov
CB: Valeny
Sweeper: Di Tomasso
CB: Jaric
DMF (roving forward): Dodo
CMF: David Platt
CMF (more defensive than other one): Toninho Cerezo
LMF (light defence): Ximelez
RMF (medium defence, roving forward and outside): Gullit
SS (roves side to side from a fairly central position): Mancini
CF: Vialli

Valeny is to the right of Di Tomasso, Jaric to the left with the Di Tomasso set slightly behind them. Jaric is set to run slightly backwards when we have possession, while Valeny goes forwards, which is great because as a fast player with modest attacking qualities (for a CB), he is useful when I need an extra man to stretch the opposition's defence. Dodo is set quite deep, but with his instruction to go straight forwards when we have the ball, he often moves up to prove helpful in attack. So too Cerezo, despite the fact that his attack arrow actually goes backwards, I suppose because his CMF his role prompts him to be quite close behind the attacking line. If you were to splash out on Vialli or Gullit at some point in a playthrough, I would caution you that you will need an extra back up player because both get injured easily.

That's a great team! And by the way, what are your plans for this Samp ML? Do you plan on playing more seasons or maybe a little less and then start a new one?

These emulators are moving on so fast that unless you regularly watch videos on channels like the one above, the official RPCS3 channel etc. the performance/compatibility are likely to be way ahead of your expectations, it is seriously impressive what they have managed to do recently. Even games like RDR1 are playable from start to finish.

Obviously PS4/XB1 emulation is likely to be many, many years away, but the first stages are being made on the PS4 with Orbital/Spine (PCSX4 is a total fake, but comes up as the top Google result).

As someone who's dived into the PS3 PESes in the last year - most of them for the first time - I've found this to be a royal pain in the hole.

Game updates - no bother. Data packs - absolute lottery. All the servers are down, some are easy to find online (albeit behind myriad walls of spam links), others are nowhere to be found or the links are dead. Really frustrating.

More frustrating still when option files only work with data packs you cannot find. Thankfully, because I'm new to the games, I'm totally ignorant to the changes game updates and data packs make, for better or worse.

----------

My first ML season comes to a close. A win or even a draw needed for promotion...

Back
Top Bottom