The Retro-PES Corner

If I understood correctly what you need is the PS2 SaveBuilder.

It allows you to open a MAX file and creating a folder with the name BESLES-54913P2K8OPT inserted inside the three files that will appear.

Yes thankyou. I have been googling and playing around this afternoon.
What I have found out is that I can use save builder to convert to maxz then edit then use another program called psv convertor to convert the max file back to standard ps2 format. It works really well and is easy enough once you figure it out. More importantly, it works in the game.

Thanks again, much appreciated

Hi any idea to fix fps drop for PES 2011 in Windows 10? If i play in Full HD High settings it lags so much so i must drop to 1600x900 Medium to get sooth gameplay now.

View attachment 52586

Which editor were you using? I know not of importing and exporting.

Found it!!

WEditor V1.2.0 by kmochida (it's part of The Wolf Tools & Utility pack).

You just need to navigate to the install folder and load that level without going down any other levels. Then you can right click on a team and export the lot, or open the team up and right click on a player to export them individually. You can open up another instance of the editor and load a second option file to import the exported players/teams too. That's what I did and it makes it easier to make sure that you import them with the correct player ID's as they can differ from option file to option file.

Sorry it took a while

Glorious.

Love some of the bios in there...

GIERSEN - Signed from Viborg FF in exchange for a bag of balls, some cones and a lingering sense of regret, Giersen combined moderate pace and adequate ability to absolutely middling effect. Was later signed by Harry Redknapp on no less then six occasions.

STEIN - a furiously short Irish maniac, often seen committing actual bodily harm just in front of the back four. Would slide tackle a puppy if his manager asked. Precisely zero goals and assists during his seven seasons at the club. Sturdy.

MACCO - product of the notorious Newport County academy, the tricksy winger hit the first man with 413 consecutive corners between 2003 and 2007. Like all Welsh men of his generation, he was capped by John Toshack, making 5 appearances (just under the national avarage of 7).

Great stuff :LOL:

Has anyone got a working WEditor for Windows 10?

Every version I have comes up with a prompt saying it needs to install something and then refuses to open. Is there a work around?

I've stalled a bit in my ML. Dropping points against little teams in the league, hindering me again. I lost to Fulham and Everton in my last two games, so I think I need a rest. It wasn't as if I was playing well and got unlucky, I could barely play at all and got more yellow cards than chances. Chelsea are 10 points clear with 8 games to go, and their record this season is: W 19 D 2 L 1. Uncatchable, even if I could get my focus back. Ordaz started this season with 4 goals in the first 3 games, but he has been stalled on 9 for ages. Orellano, my other first choice CF, has 13. I've played well with other forwards but none have the same attributes as this pair, and I have scored only a small handful. I did acquire a 17 year-old Batistuta at the Christmas break and he scored on his debut, but none since in his brief appearances (he is still very underdeveloped at this stage of course, and tires fast). As usual I am doing better in the cups, and have just knocked Chelsea out of the CL at the quarter-final stage, so at least they won't be winning it again! I am getting sick of meeting them to be honest, knocked them out of the D1 Cup for the second year running in the first round; it is nice that I usually beat them these days but variety in opponents is nice. I have a 1-0 deficit to overcome against Man Utd in the D1 Cup Semi-Final in a few games. Man Utd and Palermo were knocked out of our group, me and AC Milan progressed. I wonder if Man Utd will reach a fourth consecutive UEFA Cup final?

You know how a few of your players randomly get taken away for a couple of games each season for international duty, and come back so knackered they miss at least 5 games in total? Well, Minanda recently got his first call up to the Portuguese team in the eight seasons I've been playing, at the age of 41. Wonderful! :MAD: He'll barely get to play club football again in his final season.

So today I used a component cable with my PS2 for the first time and now I feel like a total knobhead for ever using anything else. I'm not one for hyperbole, but it's about 1,000,000,000,000 times better than composite.

Epic game I had:

pes3 2020-07-26 00-03-15-36.jpg

IDF/PSG was the only team at zero in the WEFA group. I had two draw and need to win this one.

It immediately felt really rough, by Mauro Silva being red carded and them scoring the 1-0.

Then I started to grind, and despite being in 10 I scored two goals with Sheringham-Baggio, which bring me on the 1-2, only for them to draw, and for Baggio to seal the final 2-3. Sensini earned another red card in the end of the game, but luckily it was ininfluential and I could grab the three fundamental points.

Loved it all as somehow they really felt like they deserved to be at zero in the group, but the game was also super fought and thrilling to the end.

Well, that's Pes 3 magic in a nutshell.

Epic game I had:

IDF/PSG was the only team at zero in the WEFA group. I had two draw and need to win this one.

It immediately felt really rough, by Mauro Silva being red carded and them scoring the 1-0.

Then I started to grind, and despite being in 10 I scored two goals with Sheringham-Baggio, which bring me on the 1-2, only for them to draw, and for Baggio to seal the final 2-3. Sensini earned another red card in the end of the game, but luckily it was ininfluential and I could grab the three fundamental points.

Loved it all as somehow they really felt like they deserved to be at zero in the group, but the game was also super fought and thrilling to the end.

Well, that's Pes 3 magic in a nutshell.

2 sendings off and you still win, well done! And you only did 4 fouls, the referee was tough! I've been having a hard time in my current ML in PES 5, and it feels like lots of little fouls on me are not even being acknowledged by the ref, even in the area (trips, pushes). Really wound me up, but I was already playing badly. Sounds like a very satisfying match to play.

Been playing a lot of PES 2013 this week and now I've had a solid shift with it, I know understand what people meant by their critique that it's a little more of an attack oriented game than 2012.

'12 definitely has a more simulation like pace about it and has better team positioning than 2013 too which is the worst thing I can say about the latter really, at times it kind resembles 2019 & 2020 in terms of gaps between midfield and defence and defenders that can't seem to chill.

Thankfully on the PC there's a gameplay tool to remedy some of this franticness and I'm having fun with it, Though swearing to myself a few times still whereas 2012 never once stressed me out, win or lose. The controls and contextuality of that game is so damn perfect, If I concede or lose, I take full agency for it. Sometimes I condede on 2013 and it feels like the game let me down more than anything because its literally handicapped my defence to do something that would burst the bloody vessels of Sir Alex or would make David Luiz look like Maldini.

Also going back to the '11 - '13 is always a little jarring because I forget at first this is the era where they intricuded the mechanic of holding :x: & the analogue stick AWAY from the attacker to jockey them, then releasing :x: to actually tackle.

Only problem with this is if you accidentally win the ball unexpectedly or because the attacker passes to you by accie, you can actually end up running back towards your goal or even powerfully passing it towards your keeper which obviously leads to less than ideal circumstances to say the least!

Random question but does anybody where the referee kits are stored in WE9LE? I have just started a new ML using my favourite 1974 patch but it's a bit jarring when the refs are all wearing 2005 Adidas gear. I'd like to change them to something more befitting to the era if I can.

Thanks in advance

Russ

rsl1, check files at "0_text.afs" from "_00388.bin" to "_00403.bin". Your task will be easier with kitserver.
I have kitserver installed but there isn't any referee folder or anything so I wasn't sure. I will have a dig around and see if I can locate them, cheers

That might be the most Portuguese thing I've seen today. It's a bit unrealistic though, Da Costa would never kick it to the box right away; instead he'd pass it short to the CB and forty-nine conservative short passes later, someone would have a shot on goal from afar that goes weak and straight to the keeper.

That might be the most Portuguese thing I've seen today. It's a bit unrealistic though, Da Costa would never kick it to the box right away; instead he'd pass it short to the CB and forty-nine conservative short passes later, someone would have a shot on goal from afar that goes weak and straight to the keeper.
Wish someone told Rui Costa that at Euro 2004...

Wish someone told Rui Costa that at Euro 2004...

And Figo four years earlier. Although I'm only half-English and the football half of me wasn't so gutted!

That Figo goal was odd in that no-one ever seems to pay attention to the massive deflection it took. I'm one of those who thinks a deflection makes any goal ordinary. Even a fingertip from the keeper spoils the fun.

Still playing the PES 6 WC 98 mod and to me it's the best feeling football game yet.
Absolutely love the global stat changes even if it reduces player individuality, most of it is retained, the differences are still palpable.
Finally no overpowered dribbling & short passing! Increased RES is great for interceptions in midfield, so I have to be really careful with pass selection. Low BB makes it really hard to keep the ball against pressure and better shooting clearly helps the AI in front of goal. This game is effing hard! :APPLAUD:

Have not won the thing yet. Got kicked out in the semis as both the Germans & the Dutch. That Netherlands vs Italy Semi Final was an absolute classic with both nations playing to their stereotypes perfectly. I controlled the ball all game long, knocked it about, chipped some through balls from Bergkamp to Kluivert and of course Italy were up 2-0 inside 20 mins. :LOL: To goals out of nothing but well taken and down to individual class, so kudos to them. The 1st was Di Biagio of all people marauding down the right flank, not minding Frank de Boer riding on his hips all the way. He got to the byline and crossed to (of course) Vieri who (of course) headed it home. In retrospect I should've slide tackled him, risked the card and be done with it...🙈

Considering how hard I found scoring so far, I absolutely this was it. 30 mins into the 1st half I subbed on playmaker Jonk for RB Reiziger and moved defensively oriented red-arrow Winter from CM to RB. I had planned to rest Jonk but at that point it was score goals or go home. I continued to create some chances and fluffed all of them, especially red-arrow Kluivert didn't have his best game shooting from the left side of the box where he got free a couple of times.

At about 60 mins I made one of my best tactical moves yet and switched the positions of CF Kluivert and RMF Ronald De Boer. De Boer was an immediate improved as a CF in terms of combination play and keeping the ball with agility & trickery, while Kluivert and his red-arrow-pimped physicals delivered some powerful running on the flank.

A few mins later Kluivert crossed the ball towards the far post where Davids wrestled with an Italian CB but they only had eyes for each other so neither got to the ball while sneaky Ronald de Boer ninja'ed in from the shadows just behind them and hammered a left-footed short range volley above the goalies head into the net.

I had more chances and didn't score until at about 85 mins, Jonk found himself on the ball in the right half space and slipped a prefectly weighted through ball to Kluivert who made a diagonal inside run behind LB Maldini. The goalie sprinted off his line but was too late as Kluivert the genius decided against taking a first touch but instead let the ball run across his body onto his right foot and blasted it past the onrushing goalie first time.

With the game level I exhaled.

Considering the looming extra time I made two more subs getting on some fresh legs for tired ones.

Neither team created much of anything during the last minutes and to extra time we went.

Each team had one big chance in extra time. For me it again was a right wing cross to the far post but unfortunately this time an onrushing Pitbull Davids (no way he'd get that racist nickname today) only hit the crossbar with a powerful header. With only a few mins to go and me already thinking about my list of PK takers, the Italians tried a cross from the right wing themselves. It was met by Vieri's head at the near post. His short range header was parried by Van der Sar.....but oh no! he punched it against the goalpost from where it sprang back onto Vieri's feet who slotted it home and sent Italy to the Stade de France.

Now excuse me while I go sit in this corner and cry...

rsl1, check files at "0_text.afs" from "_00388.bin" to "_00403.bin". Your task will be easier with kitserver.
I found the ref kits in those files thanks but I have no idea how to put them in kitserver like I would do with team kits. Are there specific numbers I need to use in the map file, if so what are they please?
I tried editing the bins using pic decoder but that ended up just making the ref kits invisible for some reason.
If the kitserver way is easy to setup and add the ref kits in that is probably the best way.

Still playing the PES 6 WC 98 mod and to me it's the best feeling football game yet.
Absolutely love the global stat changes even if it reduces player individuality, most of it is retained, the differences are still palpable.
Finally no overpowered dribbling & short passing! Increased RES is great for interceptions in midfield, so I have to be really careful with pass selection. Low BB makes it really hard to keep the ball against pressure and better shooting clearly helps the AI in front of goal. This game is effing hard! :APPLAUD:

Have not won the thing yet. Got kicked out in the semis as both the Germans & the Dutch. That Netherlands vs Italy Semi Final was an absolute classic with both nations playing to their stereotypes perfectly. I controlled the ball all game long, knocked it about, chipped some through balls from Bergkamp to Kluivert and of course Italy were up 2-0 inside 20 mins. :LOL: To goals out of nothing but well taken and down to individual class, so kudos to them. The 1st was Di Biagio of all people marauding down the right flank, not minding Frank de Boer riding on his hips all the way. He got to the byline and crossed to (of course) Vieri who (of course) headed it home. In retrospect I should've slide tackled him, risked the card and be done with it...🙈

Considering how hard I found scoring so far, I absolutely this was it. 30 mins into the 1st half I subbed on playmaker Jonk for RB Reiziger and moved defensively oriented red-arrow Winter from CM to RB. I had planned to rest Jonk but at that point it was score goals or go home. I continued to create some chances and fluffed all of them, especially red-arrow Kluivert didn't have his best game shooting from the left side of the box where he got free a couple of times.

At about 60 mins I made one of my best tactical moves yet and switched the positions of CF Kluivert and RMF Ronald De Boer. De Boer was an immediate improved as a CF in terms of combination play and keeping the ball with agility & trickery, while Kluivert and his red-arrow-pimped physicals delivered some powerful running on the flank.

A few mins later Kluivert crossed the ball towards the far post where Davids wrestled with an Italian CB but they only had eyes for each other so neither got to the ball while sneaky Ronald de Boer ninja'ed in from the shadows just behind them and hammered a left-footed short range volley above the goalies head into the net.

I had more chances and didn't score until at about 85 mins, Jonk found himself on the ball in the right half space and slipped a prefectly weighted through ball to Kluivert who made a diagonal inside run behind LB Maldini. The goalie sprinted off his line but was too late as Kluivert the genius decided against taking a first touch but instead let the ball run across his body onto his right foot and blasted it past the onrushing goalie first time.

With the game level I exhaled.

Considering the looming extra time I made two more subs getting on some fresh legs for tired ones.

Neither team created much of anything during the last minutes and to extra time we went.

Each team had one big chance in extra time. For me it again was a right wing cross to the far post but unfortunately this time an onrushing Pitbull Davids (no way he'd get that racist nickname today) only hit the crossbar with a powerful header. With only a few mins to go and me already thinking about my list of PK takers, the Italians tried a cross from the right wing themselves. It was met by Vieri's head at the near post. His short range header was parried by Van der Sar.....but oh no! he punched it against the goalpost from where it sprang back onto Vieri's feet who slotted it home and sent Italy to the Stade de France.

Now excuse me while I go sit in this corner and cry...

Happy to hear this (don't mean your loss, of course but that you're enjoying this patch and OF).

The cool thing is that it is relatively easy to apply that Alex gameplay formula to any PES6 OF. And as you perfectly know there are plenty of great patches for that game. In theory every major tournament from Euro96 to WC2014 (that one still in development) has been authentically reproduced by Shahrudeen plus there are these CL playoff patches from 99 to 2003, so there is just too much to play.

Myself in the meantime I am slowly shifting to WE9, with the latest gameplay-improved exe by Kingsley ( https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes5-we9-we9-le-v5-1-improved-gameplay-beta-for-we9-pes5.76214/ ). Plays some really nice football and is quite an improvement from the original - this in case you'd like to consider returning to your great WE9 OF, that I'm by the way still playing, with tactics :))

Downloaded pes 3 and winning eleven 10 for the pcsx2(ps2 emullator) but unfortunately there is alot of stuttering. I have a asus i7 core 8th generation laptop with 8gb ram and a nvidia geforce mx1102gb graphics card.... How does one lower the graphics settings(dont know if that will help).

Quick one, PC players who are on PES 3...

I've downloaded Sany's installer for both the Wendetta patch and another one (World Club I think it's called), and they both come with Italian commentary only - despite the options being set to English commentary.

Is there any way around this? Can I simply download PES 3 English commentary from somewhere and overwrite the Italian one?

Thanks in advance for any help whatsoever on this one...

The cool thing is that it is relatively easy to apply that Alex gameplay formula to any PES6 OF. And as you perfectly know there are plenty of great patches for that game. In theory every major tournament from Euro96 to WC2014 (that one still in development) has been authentically reproduced by Shahrudeen plus there are these CL playoff patches from 99 to 2003, so there is just too much to play.

Myself in the meantime I am slowly shifting to WE9, with the latest gameplay-improved exe by Kingsley ( https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes5-we9-we9-le-v5-1-improved-gameplay-beta-for-we9-pes5.76214/ ). Plays some really nice football and is quite an improvement from the original - this in case you'd like to consider returning to your great WE9 OF, that I'm by the way still playing, with tactics :))

Holy moly I didn't know about this gameplay patch, I am going to try it on my PES 5 installation in Windows 7 (I have it on a separate hard drive to this, my Win 10 one because I couldn't get the PS2 pad working properly in Win 10). Thanks a lot for that link!

All these great tournament patches that have been done for PES6- I don't suppose they will work with PES 5, will they? I would love to do France 98.

My 2012 ML season ended with no trophies for me- a strong league season for the most part, but I slipped down to third with Man Utd taking second late on, behind Chelsea. I was actually not far behind them this time despite a shaky end to the season, because they suffered a draw and a defeat too. Man Utd knocked me out of the D1 Cup semi-final in extra time in the second leg, with Rooney tapping in a saved shot. They went on to lose against Arsenal in the final. In the CL, I quickly went behind to AC Milan, tournament top scorer Gilardino netting his seventh of the competition. I equalised on 11 minutes through Gazza, and the rest of the half was very open and end to end. The second half got a bit more scrappy from both sides, and still at 1-1 it went to extra time. Despite forcing a couple of saves from corners, I was unable to break through, and it went to penalties. I actually saved their first shot, gambling on it going straight down the middle which it did. Unfortunately that was the last one I saved, and my crucial fifth penalty was stopped. After about three sudden death penalties, I lost.

Milan did the treble, though domestically they weren't so strong as usual and lost quite a few. Palermo and Livorno were surprise strong performers, grabbing each a CL place for 2013. I think Real Madrid won the Spanish league, with Barca second, though the latter won their domestic cup. Bayern won the fourth league, with PSV second. Man Utd again reached the Uefa Cup final, and actually won it this time, against Newcastle.

The top scorer in the league was Henry, with about 20. For a long time it looked as though it would be one of my strikers, Ordaz or Orellano, but Orellano finished on 18 and the Spaniard with 15. A strong season nevertheless, and my total scored in the league was 58, my best yet. Orellano was voted the best player of the league, and Castolo got the most assists in the D1 cup (Two!). Unfortunately I was generally less prolific in the league with my midfielders, with the surprising exception of the man who is still my first choice right winger, Burchet. He scored 5! Easily his best season yet; even as he slows, his shooting skills reach the giddy heights of the high sixties. Gazza only got one in the league, though he fared better in the cups.

It was the last season for Minanda and Castolo. The Portuguese playmaker scored 35 times in 178 appearances, with 16 assists. I haven't been scoring nearly as many from corners in this playthrough, and many of my assists come from one of the front three to one another. The brilliant Brazilian made 170 appearances for me, scoring 47 goals and making 14 assists. His last two seasons saw less playing time for him, and his output was very modest, but he made himself useful.

So, two players retired, and I decided not to renew Giersen's contract either. I decided not to buy any new players this season, and instead to allow more playing time to the large squad I already had. I have a lot of youngsters now. Having almost reached Christmas though, I am considering getting another player or two though- Gazza has had to wait until now to be the first choice AMF, and he cannot last a full game these days, and of course Burchet always gets exhausted around the 60 minute mark, so I am typically replacing one or both of them every match. Ximilez is barely more durable.

I began well this season, beating newly promoted RBC Roosendal 3-1. I was determined to make a strong scoring start to the year, especially against these Dutch minnows who had never before scraped their way into the top flight, and all my goals came in the first half. The second half was rather flat, enlivened only by a rather bizarre own goal scored by O'Brien, my aging Irish CB who I plucked from Portsmouth in 2006. He passed it- quite gently- back to Shilton from outside the box, and it rolled past the goalie who seemed quite perplexed by it. Still, I continued to be quite handy in terms of goal scoring, and Gazza is having a much better season in that respect- he already has 5 in 11 league games, my top scorer. Chelsea are scoring ridiculous amounts, having won two matches 6-0, but they've also lost twice already which is heartening. I myself slipped to a 2-0 defeat to Arsenal, one of the sides that beat Chelsea. I was a bit complacent perhaps as the Gunners have had a mixed start to the season and are about 7th. In any case, at the moment I am a point clear of Chelsea, with Man Utd close behind them. I qualified quite comfortably for the CL, and have won my first game.

I feel like I could actually win the league this season. My front two, Orellano and Ordaz, are pretty potent, and I have a number of overly fast wingers to help service them (I mentioned before how I feel it is silly that so many players develop high 90s stats, especially in speed). Chelsea might just be usurped!

What are the gameplay adjustments you're making? I love these tournament patches and am looking forward to the 2014 one when it's released.

Back
Top Bottom