The Random Crap Thread

Man completes odyssey through every European capital - without spending a penny
A traveller has completed a tour of 26 European capitals without as much as a penny in his pocket - and in the process raised £1,600 for cancer patients.

Kris+Mole.jpg

Kris Mole relied on nothing but the milk of human kindness in his quest to visit the cities without paying. The 24-year-old spent 165 days being thrown off trains for having no ticket, begging lifts from passing motorists, hiking alongside motorways and living rough.

He set out on his 9,763-mile odyssey to raise money for Cancer Research UK after his aunt, Susan Proto, 56, was admitted to hospital with the illness.

She died a week into his travels, making Mr Mole, of Southwick, West Sussex, all the more determined to achieve his goal.

Man completes odyssey through every European capital - without spending a penny
A traveller has completed a tour of 26 European capitals without as much as a penny in his pocket - and in the process raised £1,600 for cancer patients.

Kris+Mole.jpg

Kris Mole relied on nothing but the milk of human kindness in his quest to visit the cities without paying. The 24-year-old spent 165 days being thrown off trains for having no ticket, begging lifts from passing motorists, hiking alongside motorways and living rough.

He set out on his 9,763-mile odyssey to raise money for Cancer Research UK after his aunt, Susan Proto, 56, was admitted to hospital with the illness.

She died a week into his travels, making Mr Mole, of Southwick, West Sussex, all the more determined to achieve his goal.

all of that for £1600!!

That is some story.

The fact he got through so many cities and made a PROFIT is just remarkable! Not so much profit but the fact he didn't spend anything and actually came away with money (and a fair bit at that) is just :shock:

The fact he got through so many cities and made a PROFIT is just remarkable! Not so much profit but the fact he didn't spend anything and actually came away with money (and a fair bit at that) is just :shock:

It is unbelievable - I thought he got sponsered to do it? I didn't know it was money he actually made while travelling.

Either way it is brilliant.

Anyone doing charity work has to be praised in my eyes, but this is a weird way to do it and impossible to police? The guy sounds like he had a great adventure more than an arduous task for charity?

Would have been a great adventure - But I wouldn't want to travel about hitchiking and sleeping rough in foreign countries where I don't speak the lingo!! etc etc

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

Oh yeah, I forgot. Duh.

I said I'd go to bed about an hour ago, but I get distracted by COD. I felt I had to go on it because I was neglecting it.

I've noticed some strange similarities in the characters in GTA and real life people.

Brucie's mechanic is a double of Alessandro Del Piero.
Niko looks a bit like Jase from Eastenders.
Dimitri occasionally looks like Ade Edmondson (Bottom/Young Ones etc)

And there's more but like a twat I've forgotten now.:blush::LOL:

Nazi Ben?! :LOL: Love it.

I proper need the shopping to hurry up and arrive, I need my two tubs of Ben & Jerry's I've been craving it reet bad for about 3 days now. God it's so nice, Half Baked and Chocolate Fudge Brownie FTW.

Yes Yana, there was a Star Wars exhibition or something on while me and the missus where up in town having a look round. I thought that made a great picture :)).

Is that as big as it looks though?! Or is it just because of the camera? To me it looks as big as the Statue of Liberty!!

Back
Top Bottom