The Random Crap Thread

The first car I ever owned was an old Vauxhall it committed suicide by dumping all its oil on the A1 and seizing the engine.

The only other one I have been in was some hire car that was a folding tin top, looked quite sporty but had no guts and the inside was very dull and plastic.

The hire guy loved it and was astounded when I asked if there was another car I could have, anyone would think he was selling the damn things, the new Insignia looks nice though ...

Most unfortunate names revealed:
What do you call some of the most unlucky people in Britain?

Justin Case, Barb Dwyer and Stan Still.

It sounds like a bad joke, but a study has revealed that there really are unfortunate people with those names in the UK.

Joining them on the list are Terry Bull, Paige Turner, Mary Christmas and Anna Sasin.

And just imagine having to introduce yourself to a crowd as Doug Hole or Hazel Nutt.

The names were uncovered by researchers from parenting group TheBabyWebsite.com after trawling through online telephone records.

Retired airman Stan Still, 76, from Cirencester, Gloucestershire, said his name had been "a blooming millstone around my neck my entire life".

"When I was in the RAF my commanding officer used to shout, 'Stan Still, get a move on' and roll about laughing," he said.

"It got hugely boring after a while."

But 51-year-old Rose Bush, from Coventry, West Midlands, said she loved her name. MORE UNFORTUNATE NAMES
Pearl Button
Jo King
Barry Cade
Carrie Oakey
Priti Manek
Tim Burr

"I always get comments about it but they are always very positive," she said.

Implications

Researchers also scoured phone records in the US and found some unlikely names there too.

Spare a thought for Anna Prentice, Annette Curtain and Bill Board the next time you sign your name.

A string of Americans also have very job-specific names, including Dr Leslie Doctor, Dr Thoulton Surgeon and Les Plack - a dentist in San Francisco.

A spokesman for TheBabyWebsite.com said: "When the parents of some of those people mentioned named their children, many probably didn't even realise the implications at the time.

"Parents really do need to think carefully though when choosing names for their children.

"Their name will be with them for life and what may be quirky and fun for a toddler might be regretted terribly when that person becomes older or even a grandparent perhaps."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7909561.stm

This is your hour of glory,
and you're chickening out.

To a New Yorker like you,
a hero is some type of weird sandwich.

Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

No body's asking you to be a hero.

No?

Then you sit up in that turret, baby.

No. 'Cause you'll be up there, baby.

And I'll be right outside
showing you which way to go.

Yeah?

Yeah!

Crazy. I mean, so many positive waves,
maybe we can't lose. You're on...

The first thing I learned on the job,
know what it was? How to spot a murderer.
Let's say you arrest three guys for the
same killing. Put them all in jail
overnight. The next morning, whoever is
sleeping is your man. If you're guilty,
you know you're caught, you get some rest
- let your guard down, you follow?

No.

I'11 get right to the point. I'm smarter
than you. I'11 find out what I want to
know and I'11 get it from you whether you
like it or not.

I'm not a rat.