The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

we have a long summer ahead. chelsea can use ivanovic, cahill, terry at centre back and they have two youngsters in zouma and kalas. not such a big loss imo, given the money they will get and spend it for the much needed transfers.

terry's best days are behind him (he's 35 next season), ivanović is also 30 and playing mostly right back, those youngsters didn't impress me. only cahill left as good CB.

still don't understand that move.

They can buy Benatia for less and he's better than Luiz. PSG are mental to pay such a high price, especially since they already have Marquinhos.

Zouma has the potential to become the best CB in the world.

They can buy Benatia for less and he's better than Luiz. PSG are mental to pay such a high price, especially since they already have Marquinhos.

Zouma has the potential to become the best CB in the world.

benatia from roma? i don't think he's available since he signed 5y deal last summer.

I never rated David Luiz , I think he's not good enough, great move from Chelsea now with those money they can get Shaw + one other quality CB

:CONFUSE: this morning i heard on tv david luiz is moving to psg for 50 million euros...... is that sum accurate or is it just wild speculation? coz if it is, then this move is gonna go down in history as one of the most ridiculous transfers of all times (right up there with cannavaro-juve deal, the cambiasso-inter deal, the carroll-liverpool deal and the pirlo-juve deal).

didn't psg buy thiago silva for around 40 millions just a couple of years ago? this is just hilarious!! i realise players' pricetags have absolutely nothing to do with their actual ability in today's market, and it's silly to compare different deals, as each one has its own context, but this is just too ridiculous to ignore! 50 millions € for a cb who's not even half the player marquinos is (nevermind thiago silva)!! infact, i wonder how marquinos is feeling right now
btw kudos to chelsea.... they must be feeling like they just won the lottery!:P

Last edited:
It seems that sum is accurate Ben.
50 million euro for a player that wasn't even a first team regular.
Just like Beach, i wonder what is behind that transfer.

I have a (perhaps silly) gut feeling that this has something to do with financial fair play...but not for PSG, rather for Chelsea.

But why would PSG help Chelsea, it just doesn't make no sense.

If you look at the football side of all this. Perhaps PSG will play Luiz as a LB or as a DMF (imo he played well as DMF under Benitez). But they have other players who can play DMF, haven't they ?

It's silly that a player as Cabaye is a bench warmer with PSG.

PSG are ruïning Ligue 1. The difference between them and Monaco is big. The difference between them and the rest of the Ligue is huge...this is not good for football.

Chelsea and City, i could understand (not that it's something i really liked), but with what happens at PSG, i can't agree...

Various media outlets are reporting a transfer fee somewhere between 64 and 87 million Euros. What in the actual fuck is going on here?

David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Alex and Marquinhos. Nice Brazil central back connection.
with Maxwell on the left side and maybe D.Alves joining for the right side!

It seems that sum is accurate Ben.
50 million euro for a player that wasn't even a first team regular.
Just like Beach, i wonder what is behind that transfer.

I have a (perhaps silly) gut feeling that this has something to do with financial fair play...but not for PSG, rather for Chelsea.

But why would PSG help Chelsea, it just doesn't make no sense.

maybe Hazard will follow for (only) 10 million?

Like you I don't really get this transfer for both side PSG and Chelsea... A few days after receiving the FPF sanctions PSG is spending 50 million for a position that was not really required with Alex doing a good job and Marquinhos is there too...

Or maybe it is just dedicated to Platini:

get

(translation: And this is when I told him: "yes, yes, promised, we will spend less")

He's back! Glad to see him playing for a prem team again, but he's going to be a bit though to handle just like Ravel, hope it works out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom