The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

23396_10151312954314420_1523344956_n.jpg

Negueba(CR Flamengo)----> São Paulo FC(out on loan)
Aloísio (Tombense FC)----> São Paulo FC

http://www.saopaulofc.net/noticias/noticias/futebol/2013/1/4/ataque-reforcado/

Best buy of January!

And apparently it's only for 5 million! Bargain!

Well done again Newcastle! :WORSHIP:

What I don't understand is how a player of Debuchy's caliber - who was also one of the few French players to emerge with from Euro 2012 any credibility - only costs £5,000,000 when someone like Sturridge costs £12,000,000?! That makes absolutely no sense to me!

What I don't understand is how a player of Debuchy's caliber - who was also one of the few French players to emerge with from Euro 2012 any credibility - only costs £5,000,000 when someone like Sturridge costs £12,000,000?! That makes absolutely no sense to me!

Well because of the homegrown rule uefa introduced, it increases the value of homegrown players, if rule was never introduced, players like sturridge, carroll, phil jones etc. wouldn't quite be as high valued in price as they were.

Well because of the homegrown rule uefa introduced, it increases the value of homegrown players, if rule was never introduced, players like sturridge, carroll, phil jones etc. wouldn't quite be as high valued in price as they were.

How long ago did that go into effect? Did that happen before Carroll's transfer to Liverpool?

different position
different age
different sallary demands (Debuchy might cost less, but might be payed more)
different contract status at previous club
different selling posibility in future
etc

edit: and what aitken is saying, i like his posts ;)

Last edited:
It's not only what due to the homegrwon rule.
It's the English market. If Debuchy would have played for Doncaster Rovers, Newcastle would have paid more for him than now (from Lille).
The fact that wages and prizes are inflated make every domestic transfer a lot more expensive than foreign transfers. In the long term this is catastrophical for English football.

PS: but yes Aitken's posts are very good...

Plus one is a striker and the other a defender.

Plus one is a striker and the other a defender.

First, thank you aitken for the explanation.

Second, I understand the differences in position, but one is an inconsistent bench player who does not play for his country's national team, while the other is a proven starter for club and country in all major domestic and European competitions. I agree with gerd's suggestion that it has more to do with him being in an inflated English market than it has anything to do with him being worth the sale tag.

Nani was just visiting his old club i believe, he is still at MANU by their website and there is nothing on the internet about the transfer.

Last edited:
actually i wasnt sure about its LUIS Nani, strange photo , only his tattoo what i recognized for sure....but i did a 10 minutes research if that makes u happy :D

Back
Top Bottom