The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Totally agree. PES6 – fast, frantic, and EASY – was where the rising curve of PES started to at least flatten out, and arguably go into decline.

PES6 was still a great game and one of the greats of the PES canon, but yes, in retrospect it could be seen as the beginning of the end. I preferred the Xbox360 version tbh and still do.

The 360 version was ok (probably better than PES 2012) but it was the start of seeing the same goals over and over just like Fifa, It just didnt have the variety of play of the PS2 and Xbox games.

Giving Pes 5 another go and am trying to find the least assisted way to play. What do you set your cursor on to be able to switch manually only? I am actually playing WE9 on the US PS2. Players still seem to get switched to whether I choose it or not.

There should be a manual cursor option. PES5 is probably the best video game I have ever played. I played it until PES2011 came out with a few little breaks while I was trying out PES6 & 2008. I had a week off work once and all I did was play PES5, I only stopped to eat, drink, toilet, sleep and answer the door or phone. The depth in the game was amazing to me, I only really mastered it in the last year I was playing it, 4 years after it came out!

There should be a manual cursor option. PES5 is probably the best video game I have ever played. I played it until PES2011 came out with a few little breaks while I was trying out PES6 & 2008. I had a week off work once and all I did was play PES5, I only stopped to eat, drink, toilet, sleep and answer the door or phone. The depth in the game was amazing to me, I only really mastered it in the last year I was playing it, 4 years after it came out!

On manual the CPU is still switching. Wish there was a full manual pass option on this game. That R3 thing is too much for me. Even with the dated graphics and on the rails feeling the game is still very good. Only game I prefer to it is the current version of FIFA. Really good though still after 5 years and dated graphics. Can't believe what these jags have done to this series.

Huge difference is on the PS2 it wasnt broke or tired and the game played very very well, Right now we have Konami trying to do far too much of what that engine can handle and it's breaking down.

If we got PES 5/6 in HD the engine would be doing what it was designed to do which would result in it not being tired or broken so in reality not that funny at all ;)

I don't believe PES5/6 weren't "broke". To me, PES has always felt incomplete. I always felt something missing and wanted more. Yes this-gen's versions aren't what we were expecting, but that doesn't make the older games any better to me. I can't even play them again. I've done that numerous times before but never lasted more than a few hours. They're outdated and we have to move on.

This the problem I see in PES fans, personally I think PES 11 was much better, it had its faults but the the main thing which drove me insane was the catch up bug, every thing else I could deal with. MLO was great, online was playable, Master LEague was good, BAL was good.

Now you get to PES 12 where the only things that have been improved are your players having better touches and AI, apart from that, I find everything got worse. Master LEague is dreadful and is a constant whine fest, online is filled with Speed Merchant abusers and playing realistic football is non existant and the scripting is unbearable. But the thing that turned me off the game nearly instantly was the passing and the shooting, PES 2011 had good shooting and great passing and completely destroyed that in PES 12. The ball feels weightless, almost none existant and scoring goals just doesn't give you that special feeling that PES, even in the crap next gen games always gave you.

So there seems to be a split in fans between 2011 and 2012 that could cause Konami trouble when it comes to feedback.

Although I agree on some, but since when has passing in 2011 become praised? I remember everyone complaining about pinball passing. They were too quick. I prefer 2012's tbh. Also 2012's shooting as well. I find much more variety in 2012 than in 2011. What I dislike though is the defensive line. I very rarely see any offsides too.

The problem with PES means F I F A ! When FIFA was release people in particular pes fans looked how technically fotball game can be in move. People want PES technically in the same level as FIFA. This is a true in opinion.

Maybe I'm the only one on these boards saying this, but I prefer PES's to Fifa. I think it needs more animations and polishing.

Is only my opinion.

FIFA is a better gaming experience for me because it isnt broke. There are things I dont like about but it does what it does well. That being said I played it for a month and havnt touched it since, once I had adjusted to the game there wasnt anything to keep me playing. Its a very shallow game.
I like what PES is trying to do, I love the passing, shooting, individuality, some of the stuff they do off the ball is great. The problem is the game is broke, players will run away from loose balls, run away from players they should be marking, when you are controlling them the CPU will take over, players will be dribbling and then run off without the ball, I could go on for ages about the problems in this game. Honestly I dont know how they could release it in the state it was and is in, how it got out of the testing stage like this is beyond me.

I don't believe PES5/6 weren't "broke". To me, PES has always felt incomplete. I always felt something missing and wanted more. Yes this-gen's versions aren't what we were expecting, but that doesn't make the older games any better to me. I can't even play them again. I've done that numerous times before but never lasted more than a few hours. They're outdated and we have to move on.

I have to be honest and say it's the first time i've ever heard of someone saying the PS2 games were broke, More than likely your not the only one as i have seen many PES fans say 2008 is the best game to date.

I've been reading these forums with interest this year because like most of you, I'm not that happy with PES this year (or this generation).

I'm made a series of vids (5) that show what my main beefs are.

YouTube - PES 2012 Single Player Issues Part 1

Apologize for the quality of the vids but I think you will have no problems understanding what's happening.

I couldn't agree more with trup2foryou.

I ve thrown my PES 2012 to garbage because of the same issues I can see in your video.
I am saying this since PES 2008 bullshit came out, but now I am serious , I am not gonna buy next PES 2013, I wanna see new engine and proper online modes, otherwise Konami go and f..k yourselfs !

I ve had enough of this Murphy or whoever it is, running around twitter and promising miracles and when game comes out it sucks as no tommorow.
I am gonna keep my word now, I am not gonna pay this japanese goddam cent of mine, no more !
Really if only I had the patience to record all this nonsenses I ve seen playing this game, I could make not 5 parts but 500, but I dont have strenght anymore to waste my time with this crap.

FIFA is a better gaming experience for me because it isnt broke. There are things I dont like about but it does what it does well. That being said I played it for a month and havnt touched it since, once I had adjusted to the game there wasnt anything to keep me playing. Its a very shallow game.
I like what PES is trying to do, I love the passing, shooting, individuality, some of the stuff they do off the ball is great. The problem is the game is broke, players will run away from loose balls, run away from players they should be marking, when you are controlling them the CPU will take over, players will be dribbling and then run off without the ball, I could go on for ages about the problems in this game. Honestly I dont know how they could release it in the state it was and is in, how it got out of the testing stage like this is beyond me.

For sure. FIFA is not broke game. You can like it or not but broke no exist in FIFA like in PES.

This is exactly my opinion and I also agree about FIFA being a "finished" product. I just can't enjoy it because FIFA lacks soul. Watch any of the numerous "top FIFA goals" compilations on YouTube. Everyone of these has guys making crazy moves, spins, flicks to rainbows and scissor kicks. I just can't play a soccer game that way. FIFA's target audience loves that shit, and they are smart to try and perfect their formula every year.

What angers me the most about PES is that the good moments, are REALLY GOOD!! There's a foundation there for quite a game. It's when all these little things happen that you describe and I show in my vids, that you get so mad! You wonder, did anybody test this game and not see this? I wonder about the WENB guys. Not to cast aspersions at them, but did they get a different copy of the game? If not, how about mentioning these issues that kill the experience for anyone who gives a rat's ass about a quality footy title? Or at least man up and say that you did see these things, but you were willing to overlook them before giving the final product such high praise (and review scores).

I couldn't agree more with trup2foryou.

I ve thrown my PES 2012 to garbage because of the same issues I can see in your video.
I am saying this since PES 2008 bullshit came out, but now I am serious , I am not gonna buy next PES 2013, I wanna see new engine and proper online modes, otherwise Konami go and f..k yourselfs !

I ve had enough of this Murphy or whoever it is, running around twitter and promising miracles and when game comes out it sucks as no tommorow.
I am gonna keep my word now, I am not gonna pay this japanese goddam cent of mine, no more !
Really if only I had the patience to record all this nonsenses I ve seen playing this game, I could make not 5 parts but 500, but I dont have strenght anymore to waste my time with this crap.

Thanks for the good feedback. Trust me, I have enough stuff for an additional 20 vids. I have one vid where I'm playing CL and late in the 2nd leg of the QF's, I'm up by one goal at home. My opponent has the ball on the right wing and I'm controlling the defender next to him. He whips in a cross to the far post where his teammate is standing completely alone. In the replay, you see his marker (CPU controlled) look up as the cross is coming in and then turns and sprints upfield for 20 yards. It was actually hilarious!

Next year, I will make the vids to coincide within a week of the game launch so there will be more interest in PES.

Although I agree on some, but since when has passing in 2011 become praised? I remember everyone complaining about pinball passing. They were too quick. I prefer 2012's tbh. Also 2012's shooting as well. I find much more variety in 2012 than in 2011. What I dislike though is the defensive line. I very rarely see any offsides too.

If you reduced the game speed the I never saw ping pong passing myself, if your good at passing then ping pong passing will exist no matter how much you try and cut it down, Barca can do it because they are that good at the game. I just don't like the weightless ball, it feels terrible and that you are kicking a balloon, has sucked all the fun for me when it comes to both shooting and passing. If they put proper weight on the ball then maybe I could have enjoyed this game but that was the first thing I noticed and instantly turned me off the game.

I got that all the time. A cross would come in and my defender would be five yards off the attacker and he'd have a free header. When I looked at the replay, way off the ball and off screen, the CPU is making my defender man mark the attacker pretty well until it randomly makes him stop and run the other way for a second then run back the way he was originally running, but now he's nowhere near the attacker. It happened so many times, and so far off the ball that i couldn't do anything about it.

I re-purchased pes a few weeks back and have become very bored 2nd time around. Gonna trade!

The game is just not for me, the shooting is terrible. It is so dis-satisfying. I never seem to hit those screamers, ever!
Their is zero zip and dip on any type of shooting within the game - it is just so floaty! It stops me playing the game.

I think I need a rest from Konami pro evo games, I feel knackered after following the game for 5 straight years in hope they would get it right eventually. I have been so disapointed with this company
I just want a good footy game to play.

What is your favorite footie game? I am a little surprised to hear you say that the PS2 games were broke. This gen yes but as far as the tech allowed the older versions were good for their time.

Haha. Sorry of some of you misunderstood me, or I may have put it in a wrong way. I didn't say or mean they were broke. I just said I don't believe they weren't broke, as in I believe they're not perfect like some like to imply and some things are broke, and it's an incomplete game, as always.

My best game, if I have to choose, then it must be WE8LE. That's the one I spent most time on I think, as I had to re-learn and master many things compared to other versions. It's learning curve was the steepest of all as far as I can remember. I remember hating it so much at first. Very frustrating. Of course I can be very wrong though, but that's what I remember.

I still remember using Palermo in ML in WE8LE too. Not easy at all, especially with sluggish Luca Toni. But with enough persistence I managed to use his weight as advantage and scored. Also I had to remember every player's strengths and weaknesses and play my formation/tactics according to that. I couldn't win any other way. My best player was Corini. He was the meastro.

Last edited:
Haha. Sorry of some of you misunderstood me, or I may have put it in a wrong way. I didn't say or mean they were broke. I just said I don't believe they weren't broke, as in I believe they're not perfect like some like to imply and some things are broke, and it's an incomplete game, as always.

My best game, if I have to choose, then it must be WE8LE. That's the one I spent most time on I think, as I had to re-learn and master many things compared to other versions. It's learning curve was the steepest of all as far as I can remember. I remember hating it so much at first. Very frustrating. Of course I can be very wrong though, but that's what I remember.

I still remember using Palermo in ML in WE8LE too. Not easy at all, especially with sluggish Luca Toni. But with enough persistence I managed to use his weight as advantage and score. Also I had to remember every player's strength's and weaknesses and play my formation/tactics according to that. I couldn't win any other way. My best player was Corini. He was the meastro.

Corini was great! He was Pirlo-lite and it is a travesty that he didn't get more call-ups to the Italy squad.

Thanks mate. I have a few more goals scored with the real players and teams that I'll compile into a video soon. Scored some well worked goals and a few long distance crackers, but no real cracker volleys yet. I have to keep working haha.

The huge worry now for PES 2013 is they have only started working on it in the past couple of weeks as they were working on the game with the brand new engine which means now it will only get what 6-7 months dev time compared to 12-18 months? That cannot bode well.

The huge worry now for PES 2013 is they have only started working on it in the past couple of weeks as they were working on the game with the brand new engine which means now it will only get what 6-7 months dev time compared to 12-18 months? That cannot bode well.

You seem to have had the same bad year with footy games as I have. I'm thinking of going back to PES 2011 or even PES6 on PS2!
Can I ask what you're playing now?

Back
Top Bottom