The Master League adventures thread

Going on to 3rd season, our 2nd in Ligue 1 and for the first time in Paris FC modern history (did not study the old one :P ) in Champions League groups.

First of all, this is our current season roster, the main core:
PFC.jpg

In Ligue 1, started we a crappy win 1-0 and a crappy (also) defeat 0-1, after a total rotation.

In Champions League, after a comic press conference, where it was presented as given that we will get past the Group stage! and the only question is if we will finish 1st or 2nd!!!! , we won Shakhtar Donetsk in an easy win, i would dare to say. Problem is we are in the same Group with Inter Milan, Celtic and Shakhtar! I would say 3rd or 2nd in the most optimistic scenario!

And a BONUS EPISODE from my PES 2020 save with HSV. As i have said again in the past, lacking a 2nd division , removes the most drama of a HSV story, but at least we fight for a European Position. After a terrible start and about 4 losses and 1 draw, we started coming back. Let's see if i can avoid been sacked by manager's position until Christmas! :)

Last edited:
This week i did not a lot progress in my "current" saves. But i did some digging in two old abandoned saves.

In the first one, after i went deep in studying a lot books of secret arts and ancient relics and artifacts, like another Dr. Strange, i finally found the gate to the sacred World Selection Challenge, a special match that is like an urban legend, and we only know about it from folklore tradition and from YouTube.

It is there, it must be since PES 2017,eho knows for sure, KONAMI has never ever not mentioned anything about this match, hence the ML mode, which is ghosted and haunted for years.

So ladys and gentlemen, here is the World Selection Match, it is real!!! :)

Summurizing thing up. We had a terrible period of a 10-matches losing streak. Our first season in Ligue 1 we were constantly 2nd chasing PSG. In this season we struggled to keep up in the first 10. The first round concluded as below.
LigueROund1table.jpg

After the Winter transfer window of January 2023, we signed 3 key players, Camavinga, Dagba and Pellegi. We came back to senses and we are now 3rd , chasing the 2nd team of the league AS MONACO. A very strange league table, a lot good teams are struggling this season, 2022-2023
Ligue1-28MD.jpg

Our best moments! The win against Marseille in Velodrome with 1-6!!!

And our final good streak that lead us to 3rd position

Last edited:
The main reason for our bad streak, was our inaugural season in UEFA Champions League. We could not handle 2 big competitions with our small roster. But as long as we were sacking hard in Ligue 1, we had some great nights in UEFA Champions League.

CL Matchday 2, conquest of Celtic Park
Celtic 0 - 3 Paris FC
CL2.jpg
Results of 2nd matchday
results2.jpg

Then the great pair of matches against the Group's strongest INTER MILAN.

Matchday 3 in Giuseppe Meazza

INTER 1 - 1 Paris FC

Alexis Sanchez opens the score in 68'
sanchezGOAL.jpg

Koyalipou equalised in 72' to keep us alive!
Koyalipou vsINTERequal.jpg

INTPFC1-1.jpg
Matchday 4 Revanche in Paris.

Paris FC 1 - 0 INTER MILAN
Rakitic scored the sole goal in 28'
RAkiticVSINTER.jpg

Final result
PFC_INT.jpg

Group after CL matchday 4
md4.jpg

Matchdays 5 and 6, the bad form in Ligue 1 , started to affect our CL nights.

Matchday 5
Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - 2 Paris FC
MD5.jpg

Group table

GROUPmd5.jpg

Matchday 6
Paris FC 0 - 1 Celtic
MD6.jpg

Final CL group
GROUPOfinale.jpg

Thankfully our recent bad streak, affected our performance, but not as much , to fail in CL. We achieved to qualify to knock-out stage as 1st in a tough Group, having the same points as INTER MILAN. Now we face SL BENFICA in the Round of 16, on February of 2023.
benfiPFC.jpg

Spoiler below, with every CL match.

Matchday 2

Matchday 3

Matchday 4

Matchday 5

Matchday 6

Ok Master League people. I need some help, as you know we can't changed licensed kits, so in order to keep things "fresh" , i am editing the 3rd and 4th custom kits. My previous 3rd kit was this.
PFCold.jpg

Now due to some inaccuracies, like i don't want the "FLY EMIRATES" sponsor anymore, and the Eiffel Tower scetch sometimes looks like a dick , cause i aligned it in the middle :) :D , i created some more fresh kits, in order to use one of them as my 3rd PFC kit. Basically it is similar colour combination, some different pallete of red and light blue and i redisigned the Eiffel Tower scetch.

So option A) is :

PFC_3rd_2022_JPEG.jpg

Option B) is similar with some scratch effects inside and a little bit different Eiffet tower scecth, as i was idiot enough to close Paint.net before i save the image!! :P :D So Eiffel Tower is a little bit larger! :) No Eiffel Tower dick anymore! ;) :D
PFC_3rd_2022_effects_JPG.jpg

Which one dudes? A) or B) ??

I like B! I like the background pattern, and good job putting the tower on the side and not in the middle! :LOL:
Thanx for vote mate. I tried B, but unfortunatelly the backgorund scratch effects, cannot be depicted properly in PS4, it is displayed like red glaring-oversaturated red scratches in red background.

Basically there is a theory by "philips_99" of PESGAMING, that kits imported in PS4 , have a better convertion by the system of PES, when they are in ".dds" format.

http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?threads/importing-kits-in-dds-format.105598/

Going on. First comes first, i tried both the new created kits, finally kept the clear one. The other with the more details, was not depicted properly in PES. It was like glaring.

So, Champions League, knock-out stage, round of 16, 1st leg.

We travelled to Lisbon ( Capital of Greece, as we used to say back in the EURO 2004 days :) )

Benfica started very very strong, putting a lot pressure on Paris FC, and in 22' , Darwin Nunez opened the celebration.
dawin 22 gol.jpg

Second half, and we came back to senses, equalising in 51' with Isaac Lihadji!
lihadji_52 gol.jpg

Benfica now is in the ropes, and Paris is the One dominating the field. Our passion leaded us to some "too much" fouls like this kick in the face of Cervi!

head_kick.jpg

In 82' our young talent Uruguayan Brian Rodriguez made it 1-2 and setting da Luz on ice!

2o goal mas.jpg

Unfortunatelly our lack of experience, costed us in the end, as Benfica equalised again, making it 2-2 on 89', Gedson removes some stardust from our dream. :(
gedosn_2-2-gol.jpg

Final result, SL Benfica 2 - 2 PARIS FC
final result.jpg

Benfica was the strongest side and we were the underdogs, but 1-2 would be much better than 2-2. Now we are in the "pole position", for the rematch in Paris, but Benfica during the first and last minutes of the match proved that they are too tough and whenever they like, they can put a lot more pressure than we can handle!

Match stats
The possesion was same as final result, 50%-50%, we had more shoots on goal, Benfica was more deadly of course (Superstar difficulty).
match_stats.jpg

The only good part, the formation Benfica manager picked for this match, 3-2-2-3, basically a 3-4-3 with flat 4 MDFs, helped a lot us, cause we are usually stronger when we face teams with 3 in defence, plus their best players Everton and Pizzi were much less dangerous in the roles of Side Full-Backs. We hope for a similar formation in the rematch!
benficasquad.jpg
The Match Video

Played the rematch against Benfica. We had the 2-2 advantage from Lisbon, but we totally screwed things up.

A bad pass in the beginning and a terrible pass in the end, and the game finished 3-3.

The round of 16 was the end of the line for us.. Not bad for an inaugural time in CL, but it was unfair as it concluded.. :(

On top of this, in 89' when game was 3-3, Koyalipou taps in after a decent combination, only to miss the target for a few cms. :(
Screenshot_2021-12-21-16-07-29-246_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Last edited:
Our third season concluded. After a decent winning streak, we did a "traditional defeat" against our bad demon Nantes

Then in the final turn, with 3 matches remaining, we lost to Saint-Etiene, and won PSG and AS Monaco. Combining with other results that were favouring us, we finished again 2nd.

The 3 final games

In Paris derby, PSG vs PFC, our captain Rakitic scored a nice dipping and turned the tables, 2-1 for us!

Final Ligue 1 table
λιγκουε1φιναλ.jpg

Getting closer and closer to de-throning PSG! With Rakitic "The Croatian Sensation", I believe you can do it.. Allez Paris!!!!!
Thanks for good words mate. Rakitic was our captain for 2 complete seasons in Ligue 1 and for sure our team's MVP. A true leader..Now on news, i will now go, a little bit written stories!!! :)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Carlos Tanaka, manager of PARIS FC for the last 3 seasons, requested a Press Conference and proceeded in shocking announcements!
pressconf_PFC.png

In a pretty intense atmosphere, coach summarized his 3 years in PARIS FC and revealed about his future! He talked about everything, the Ligue 2 , Ligue 1 , the Champions League, finances, club management, board requests.

pressconf_PFC2.jpg

He explained that, when he agreed to manage PARIS FC, the club was in Ligue 2, without any great future prospects. His plan was staright and clear from the beginning. Grab some smart loan transfers and build a good core of young French players around them, in order to win the promotion , but maintaining the club's ID aka DNA, given the possibilities the budget allows.

First season was a success. Paris FC achieved the promotion, winning the Ligue 2 title in the same time.

Second season started in the big French league, Ligue 1, and coach Carlos was straight again. There were two ways.

Either throw bunch of money, and spend all the budget to fill the roster with academy youths and foreign star players, or keep the same model, a core o talented French youths and tiny investmens in veterans like Rakitic and Tevez, decent players in average age like Marcelo Saracchi and Dagba, while in the same time signing some future worldclass players, but with need of time investment and patience. The team should be patient and wait for the future investments to pay off.

That season's objectice was to stay in the category, which was a very realistic objective. The season was ultra successfull, and PFC not only stayed in Ligue 1, but also finished 2nd behind the dominant PSG.

And then, something started to go really wrong! Coach Carlos, who had to design the team for a season with Champions League in the calendar, made again some smart and value for money signings, in order to be able to compete, while keeping the team's "LOW PROFILE" ID, low cost, low team OPR, great potential for the future.

But the Club owner and club Board had very different plans. Coach explained them, that teams position was to fight for salvation. Any other possible success like Cup or Ligue 1 good positioning, or Champions League participation was just the extra mile and not the absolute objective by itself.

What was he requested as season objective? Win the Ligue1 or finish in the CL/EL qualifing positions.

In the beginning of the season, things went 50-50... In CL the team performed even better than a dream, by winning the CL group first position, in a CL group with Inter included. But in the Ligue 1, the given roster could not handle the pressure of multiple competitions, costing them with a bad streak. In that critical moment, the Club Board, instead of give vote of confidence to the Coach, prefered to give unreasonable demands and stupid ultimatums.

Even after winning the CL group, which was a dream inside a dream by itself and finding good shape with winning streaks in Ligue 1 again, the Board ignored them, and decided to focus in the unfortunate defeat in hands of Benfica, in CL round of 16, after 2 draw results and a very unlucky performance in the second match, cause of the inexperience.

Coach explained to Club Directors, that this was an overkill success, and if they keep being patient, only better things will the future bring for PFC. The directors instead demanded to overcome PSG with the billions of money, in just 2 seasons.

The last part in the late June of 3rd season. Coach had some requests, from clubs like Arsenal, which is always a dream job for the manager, an Arsenal that finishes below top-7 recenlty, LEEDS UNITED which was relegated to EFL this season, etc.

Τhe coup de grâce came when Club Directors, did not offer to Coach Carlos a renew proposal, not until the final day of the season.

After that, Coach, with cold heart, decided to change path in his career and abondon his project in PFC, and go for new adventures.

The bad side was, Arsenal and Leeds withdrew their interest in coach, stating that despite his very good season runs in the last 3 years, he lacked the prestige those clubs need, despite Arsenal goes from bad to worse and Leeds relegated from EPL to EFL.

So coach decided to go for another project, and agreed with Burton Albion (Brewers) , who are freshmen in EFL. Although , everyone knows by now, that Burton is just a step for his future, he wants to build a competitive roster, promote to EPL if possible and deliver a good legacy for club's future, if and whenever he will leave for the next destination..

Coach Carlos Tanaka, goodbye Paris, welcome to Burton Albion!
BrewersPRCONF.jpg

In a classic Master League consensus, the begin in EFL with low TS, is extremelly difficult, as usual. Players in mud, players that can't run, players that run away from action, defense lines that open big gaps by themselves, and all those magical staff, i've forgotten , after 3 seasons with the same team. :)

Last edited:
@slamsoze I think it turned out for the best bro! Coach Tanaka sticking to his guns. Even though it's sad that the PFC management lacked long term vision and was so impatient, I guess they wanted to overtake PSG at all costs.

It seems ungrateful for them to not re-hire Tanaka, after promotion in the first season, WINNING THE CL GROUP, and not only fighting off relegation, but finishing second in the league after PSG! I mean what did they want, to win Champions League, Masters of the Universe, spend billions of euros with no building for the future? Absurd.

If you ask me bro, it's all for the best. Now Coach Tanaka has complete reigns over at Burton Albion, without the pressure of a big city or an impatient management, and the clay to build the team little by little, with a long term plan!

Can't wait to see where this goes bro, I'll follow this story! :TU:

Last edited:
Thanks for good words mate. Rakitic was our captain for 2 complete seasons in Ligue 1 and for sure our team's MVP. A true leader..Now on news, i will now go, a little bit written stories!!! :)

BREAKING NEWS!!! Carlos Tanaka, manager of PARIS FC for the last 3 seasons, requested a Press Conference and proceeded in shocking announcements!
View attachment 137991

In a pretty intense atmosphere, coach summarized his 3 years in PARIS FC and revealed about his future! He talked about everything, the Ligue 2 , Ligue 1 , the Champions League, finances, club management, board requests.

View attachment 137992

He explained that, when he agreed to manage PARIS FC, the club was in Ligue 2, without any great future prospects. His plan was staright and clear from the beginning. Grab some smart loan transfers and build a good core of young French players around them, in order to win the promotion , but maintaining the club's ID aka DNA, given the possibilities the budget allows.

First season was a success. Paris FC achieved the promotion, winning the Ligue 2 title in the same time.

Second season started in the big French league, Ligue 1, and coach Carlos was straight again. There were two ways.

Either throw bunch of money, and spend all the budget to fill the roster with academy youths and foreign star players, or keep the same model, a core o talented French youths and tiny investmens in veterans like Rakitic and Tevez, decent players in average age like Marcelo Saracchi and Dagba, while in the same time signing some future worldclass players, but with need of time investment and patience. The team should be patient and wait for the future investments to pay off.

That season's objectice was to stay in the category, which was a very realistic objective. The season was ultra successfull, and PFC not only stayed in Ligue 1, but also finished 2nd behind the dominant PSG.

And then, something started to go really wrong! Coach Carlos, who had to design the team for a season with Champions League in the calendar, made again some smart and value for money signings, in order to be able to compete, while keeping the team's "LOW PROFILE" ID, low cost, low team OPR, great potential for the future.

But the Club owner and club Board had very different plans. Coach explained them, that teams position was to fight for salvation. Any other possible success like Cup or Ligue 1 good positioning, or Champions League participation was just the extra mile and not the absolute objective by itself.

What was he requested as season objective? Win the Ligue1 or finish in the CL/EL qualifing positions.

In the beginning of the season, things went 50-50... In CL the team performed even better than a dream, by winning the CL group first position, in a CL group with Inter included. But in the Ligue 1, the given roster could not handle the pressure of multiple competitions, costing them with a bad streak. In that critical moment, the Club Board, instead of give vote of confidence to the Coach, prefered to give unreasonable demands and stupid ultimatums.

Even after winning the CL group, which was a dream inside a dream by itself and finding good shape with winning streaks in Ligue 1 again, the Board ignored them, and decided to focus in the unfortunate defeat in hands of Benfica, in CL round of 16, after 2 draw results and a very unlucky performance in the second match, cause of the inexperience.

Coach explained to Club Directors, that this was an overkill success, and if they keep being patient, only better things will the future bring for PFC. The directors instead demanded to overcome PSG with the billions of money, in just 2 seasons.

The last part in the late June of 3rd season. Coach had some requests, from clubs like Arsenal, which is always a dream job for the manager, an Arsenal that finishes below top-7 recenlty, LEEDS UNITED which was relegated to EFL this season, etc.

Τhe coup de grâce came when Club Directors, did not offer to Coach Carlos a renew proposal, not until the final day of the season.

After that, Coach, with cold heart, decided to change path in his career and abondon his project in PFC, and go for new adventures.

The bad side was, Arsenal and Leeds withdrew their interest in coach, stating that despite his very good season runs in the last 3 years, he lacked the prestige those clubs need, despite Arsenal goes from bad to worse and Leeds relegated from EPL to EFL.

So coach decided to go for another project, and agreed with Burton Albion (Brewers) , who are freshmen in EFL. Although , everyone knows by now, that Burton is just a step for his future, he wants to build a competitive roster, promote to EPL if possible and deliver a good legacy for club's future, if and whenever he will leave for the next destination..

Coach Carlos Tanaka, goodbye Paris, welcome to Burton Albion!
View attachment 137993

In a classic Master League consensus, the begin in EFL with low TS, is extremelly difficult, as usual. Players in mud, players that can't run, players that run away from action, defense lines that open big gaps by themselves, and all those magical staff, i've forgotten , after 3 seasons with the same team. :)

I'm really got the Pes itch again.
Are you using any mods playing this?
If you would chose between Pes 20 and 21 ,is 21 better?
I haven't played Pes 20 or 21 in ages.
Edit ,saw that you're on PS4 so i guess no mods

I'm really got the Pes itch again.
Are you using any mods playing this?
If you would chose between Pes 20 and 21 ,is 21 better?
I haven't played Pes 20 or 21 in ages.
Edit ,saw that you're on PS4 so i guess no mods
No mods.

Gameplay-wise, i prefer 2020 over 2021, but don't pay attention on this, cause i am the sole person in the globe that finds 2020 better than 2021. :)

I would say go with the flow and pick 21 over 20.

As of me personally: 2020 for gameplay, 2021 for the more editing possibilities (more fake clubs to edit)

No mods.

Gameplay-wise, i prefer 2020 over 2021, but don't pay attention on this, cause i am the sole person in the globe that finds 2020 better than 2021. :)

I would say go with the flow and pick 21 over 20.
Hmm ,i think I'll go with your suggestion and pick Pes 20 ,mainly because I own it and Pes 21 is getting removed from game pass.
Feels like I haven't played Pes in years ,always preferred it to FIFA.
A few questions mate.

Did you do any tactics change for teams (not the one you controll yourself) to make the CPU play differently?

Fluid formation or not?
(Think I played without it last time)

Any player editing?

Hmm ,i think I'll go with your suggestion and pick Pes 20 ,mainly because I own it and Pes 21 is getting removed from game pass.
Feels like I haven't played Pes in years ,always preferred it to FIFA.
A few questions mate.

Did you do any tactics change for teams (not the one you controll yourself) to make the CPU play differently?

Fluid formation or not?
(Think I played without it last time)

Any player editing?
I don't want to take you down with me dude, so i repeat once more, everyone other prefers 2021, so be careful!

As for formations, editing them makes some better sense, fluid i personally avoid it, as i feel depletes the stamina faster, but it still makes some change, for the way cpu plays

But here again, i never bother to edit every team tactics, cause after 2 seasons, most CPU managers ,revert to one of their 2~3 default formations-tactics. Only some key managers-clubs and only for as pong as it lasts.

I don't want to take you down with me dude, so i repeat once more, everyone other prefers 2021, so be careful!

As for formations, editing them makes some better sense, fluid i personally avoid it, as i feel depletes the stamina faster, but it still makes some change, for the way cpu plays

But here again, i never bother to edit every team tactics, cause after 2 seasons, most CPU managers ,revert to one of their 2~3 default formations-tactics.
Yeah it's probably stupid changing tactics for other teams ,I usually do it for the leagues I'm playing (Serie A+B)

Yes fluid formations is very weird I think staying true to one with attack/Def levels being what you need for the moment is the way to go.
I usually have one or two special tactics set though like gegen press (turned off but having it turned on when needed)

Think I'll pick up one of my old saves to see how it plays.
Most likely playing a lower league team if restarting.
Still considering 20 ,don't think I'll buy 21 just for this.
Probably end up playing 17 or 18:)

Speaking of 2020, here's a finesse of my latest ML save.
It's more difficult to do this move on 2021, due to "increased responsiveness".

Weirdly enough ,no saves left on my Xbox Pes 20.
Anyway played a few quick games.
First off all ,not playing this in 4k but on a gaming monitor =no yellow pitches ,they look pretty good.
And so far quite fun ,but then again ,ML could be a beast...

Back
Top Bottom