The Master League adventures thread

I love Cerci. I had signed him in my very first ML save. Despite his age and his declining stats, he added a lot of quality in my play.
Finally found the perfect position for him as well ,he played a lot of RM/LM my first season ,much better to have him up front on the wing ,plus he can go for goal with his left foot from that position

A thing that i have said again in the past. Some times, big clubs after some seasons, start to play shite, despite they have a World-Class roster. In my saves 99% of time, the algorythm after some point, seems to "wake up" and starts to "help" them in order to not get relegated.

In this case, although i just moved to Brewers, i was monitoring AC MILAN, as it seems they had some real issues in season 2023-2024. They started in the bottom of Serie A. Despite i very rare manage big clubs, for sure if they were to get relegated i would move to them anyway, it is a "big dream" of mine, to manage a current BIG CLUB, relegated in ML.

In the beginning they had 0 Win ,1 Draw and 7 Losses.
FIPSK_lXwAIO1Wz

Unfortunatelly for me, the algorythm wake up and started to boost them, reaching the point being 17 in goal difference with Monza, but i am sure they will keep up now with the wins. I will keep an eye on them either way.

Their recent record is 3W-2D-1L :(
FIPR9CIXMAMAPy1
I did a few quick transfers and stat changes before my last season ,and a couple effected Juventus (CR7 Pjanic Higuain out) they ended up 5th :)
Plus Pes has always been better on CPU Vs CPU games (the one you don't play yourself) and how they play out/how the league ends.
Fifa had issues with not playing top players and having very low points total for winning teams.
And on Fifa 20/21 the winning team in the league you play hardly loses a game ,so they've screwed it up there too.
If I lost 2-3 games in a season I had no chance on the title.
Stupid!

Last edited:
Pisa at Home ,pretty easy win 3-1.
But a lot of good stuff in this game ,had a few chances when the ball bounced of a defender and landed on my feet.
Never saw that on higher difficulty ,this plays fantastic for me right now.

Nothing else to report ,but a special shout out video to @slamsoze with this little beauty from Cerci (who was outstanding in this game)

I'm starting a 2nd ML with edits to the teams in Serie A+B who plays all out def and long ball as tactics.
This 2nd ML will have Salernitana back in Serie A ,and if it sucks ,I'll just pick up my first save.

I did a Superleague on Pes 19 ,all the best teams divided in to two divisions ,great fun (though I despise a Superleague in real life)
I also did the same with FIFA 17 (four divisions, thanks EA for adding Football League One and Two to the game) made of the best European teams divided by nation (to allow also small nations like Finland to have at least one team) and strength.
Yeah, it was fun... Even if I ditched FIFA 17 halfway that season for PES 2017.

I also did the same with FIFA 17 (four divisions, thanks EA for adding Football League One and Two to the game) made of the best European teams divided by nation (to allow also small nations like Finland to have at least one team) and strength.
Yeah, it was fun... Even if I ditched FIFA 17 halfway that season for PES 2017.
I'd play Pes 17 24/7 if it had the 4k update PS4 had.
Love FIFA 17 ,but I think the main reason I'm back with Pes is the movement and heavy feel when controlling players ,plus the pace.
Fifa have never nailed that.
But it's fun experimenting with different leagues/setups

And regarding how the "totally reworked ML" regresses over time, here is the TEAM STATUS screen from PES 2018. What a nice screen with very compact and usefull info about your team and your manager status. It only needed some info to be added in the latter versions. In contrast the "new reworked ML" removed it completelly! :(
FIPQLIbXEAIAcvP

Wow, this is pretty cool. :) Wish other PES Master Leagues had this.. Pretty useful to track a lot of good info in one go. I especially like the overall team strength and the strength polygon!

Restarting my ML with Salernitana in Serie A.
Did loads of tactics editing ,mainly getting rid of all out defence as a tactic for the CPU teams.

Started off with a 32 team squad but sold/loaned out 6 players.
Having 400k left of my salary budget and 1.7m left on transfer budget

Aya (CB 66 ovr) Perugia €223k
Maistro (CM 68) Albacete 95k
Matteis (GK 57) loan to J Stabia
Vannucchi (GK 64) Esbjerg 58k
Bondo (CF 63) Spezia 173k
Russo (GK 63) Celuvaris 13k

This took my salary budget up to 900k.
Decided to bring in a experienced GK on free transfer (400k salary) Fabiano (73 ovr)
Still looking to ship two players before the window closes.
Cicerelli (RMF 66)
Duric (CF 68)
Not bringing in any more players this window.

Squad is now 25 players (4 loan players)
Karo CB Lazio 67
Billong CB Benevento 67
Lombardi RWF Lazio 71
Kiyine LMF Lazio 71
Dziczek DMF Lazio 72
Capezzi DMF Sampdoria 73

First game was Inter at home ,this game was very tough ,needed to defend properly and attack patiently.
Lautaro Martinez was a nightmare controlling ,great player so much fun to see his bag of tricks.

Players of the game obviously Lautaro and A Cerci ,both brilliant.
Could have scored at the end when inter pushed up for a winner.
d887e031-d53a-44d7-8094-e40cc6d0758b.jpg
Amazing how much fun it was.
Next , Lazio!

Transfer window shut for this year.
Didn't manage to sell Cicerelli or Duric but sold a pretty decent striker.
Calaio (CF 72) Mallorca 3.6 m

Since I had a bunch of contract extensions my salary budget was on minus therefore the sale.

Second game Lazio away.
Brick wall defence and a very powerful offense ,I created two chances all game really.
My Lazio loan Lombardi scored his 2nd in two games.
L Alberto missed a pen but scored on a free kick instead.
But lovely to sneak in a draw late game.
Next up Trapani( Serie B) x2 in the cup.
21483af7-26e7-4e9d-bbb2-07553f124eeb.jpg

Cup time.
A double header vs Trapani Calcio.
First game was tight boring game that ended 1-1 away to Trapani.
Only sliver lining was I came back from 0-1.

b1edf6f5-a853-422f-baad-339bc00ab4d7.jpg

The home fixture looked like I had it locked up winning 1-0 when Trapani scored out of the blue from a deflected corner.
To make things worse they scored 2-1 in the 69th minute making our cup run a short one this year.
Horrible performance
64610cb2-d1a5-4349-ba01-1be03106288a.jpg

3rd game of the Serie A campaign saw me hosting another top 5 team Atalanta.
Zapata/Papu/Ilicic ran figures around my defence first half and eventually 1-0 Atalanta.
I responded with a 1-1 goal just before the break.
2nd half saw me scoring twice and Atalanta couldn't really threaten me with both Ilicic and Papu Gomez already being subbed out.
Great win and also , first win!
7e637325-cd38-4c82-b126-ce50c3bd9890.jpg

Cup time.
A double header vs Trapani Calcio.
First game was tight boring game that ended 1-1 away to Trapani.
Only sliver lining was I came back from 0-1.

View attachment 138872

The home fixture looked like I had it locked up winning 1-0 when Trapani scored out of the blue from a deflected corner.
To make things worse they scored 2-1 in the 69th minute making our cup run a short one this year.
Horrible performance
View attachment 138873

3rd game of the Serie A campaign saw me hosting another top 5 team Atalanta.
Zapata/Papu/Ilicic ran figures around my defence first half and eventually 1-0 Atalanta.
I responded with a 1-1 goal just before the break.
2nd half saw me scoring twice and Atalanta couldn't really threaten me with both Ilicic and Papu Gomez already being subbed out.
Great win and also , first win!
View attachment 138875
The 1st Cup match is something else in both 2020 and 2021. For every one single win, i don't even count how many defeats i have ,by the shittiest bottom teams. It may be 1 win to 10 losses. :)

The 1st Cup match is something else in both 2020 and 2021. For every one single win, i don't even count how many defeats i have ,by the shittiest bottom teams. It may be 1 win to 10 losses. :)
Always hated ML cup games ,plays (to me) very different from ML league games.
Trapani felt like prime Barca at times

Restarting my ML with Salernitana in Serie A.
Did loads of tactics editing ,mainly getting rid of all out defence as a tactic for the CPU teams.

Started off with a 32 team squad but sold/loaned out 6 players.
Having 400k left of my salary budget and 1.7m left on transfer budget

Aya (CB 66 ovr) Perugia €223k
Maistro (CM 68) Albacete 95k
Matteis (GK 57) loan to J Stabia
Vannucchi (GK 64) Esbjerg 58k
Bondo (CF 63) Spezia 173k
Russo (GK 63) Celuvaris 13k

This took my salary budget up to 900k.
Decided to bring in a experienced GK on free transfer (400k salary) Fabiano (73 ovr)
Still looking to ship two players before the window closes.
Cicerelli (RMF 66)
Duric (CF 68)
Not bringing in any more players this window.

Squad is now 25 players (4 loan players)
Karo CB Lazio 67
Billong CB Benevento 67
Lombardi RWF Lazio 71
Kiyine LMF Lazio 71
Dziczek DMF Lazio 72
Capezzi DMF Sampdoria 73

First game was Inter at home ,this game was very tough ,needed to defend properly and attack patiently.
Lautaro Martinez was a nightmare controlling ,great player so much fun to see his bag of tricks.

Players of the game obviously Lautaro and A Cerci ,both brilliant.
Could have scored at the end when inter pushed up for a winner.
View attachment 138846
Amazing how much fun it was.
Next , Lazio!
I wonder if regular is any good on PES 21? I’ve never really gone below professional difficulty wise

I wonder if regular is any good on PES 21? I’ve never really gone below professional difficulty wise
The difference between prof/reg is that your players doesn't feel like they're running in mud constantly ,all players feeling they are equally good/bad.
Regular feels more like a easier TP , your good players stand out from your bad.
I really like it.
If you combine it with PAO and a crap team ,you'll still get a challenge.
PA1-3 with Barcelona will obviously be way to easy.

Once my team and team spirit is good/high I can always go up to TP if easy

The difference between prof/reg is that your players doesn't feel like they're running in mud constantly ,all players feeling they are equally good/bad.
Regular feels more like a easier TP , your good players stand out from your bad.
I really like it.
If you combine it with PAO and a crap team ,you'll still get a challenge.
PA1-3 with Barcelona will obviously be way to easy.

Once my team and team spirit is good/high I can always go up to TP if easy

I'll give it a go!
PES is so redundant if played on anything other than PA0 imo.

I'll give it a go!
PES is so redundant if played on anything other than PA0 imo.
It truly is ,I love how free it feels when on PA0.
One thing about difficulties ,my passing is always worse on Reg/professional than on TP/SS.
Don't know if they handicap you on lower difficulty?

Game 4 Sassuolo away.
Sassuolo is one of those teams not being good enough for a top 5 ,but way better than most top 6-10 teams.

I figured I was in for a long night when Berardi hit both the post and crossbar before the 9 min mark.

I got lucky on two occasions ,a cutback pass inside the box and I made it 1-0 plus a nice little move inside the box making it 2-0 (28+44th min)
Sassuolo scored on me in the 65th minute and the rest of the game I just hoofed it.
A bit scary defending and trying to pass your way out of pressure when being on PA0 ,we who know knows!

Great win.
0c7021db-1f48-4003-8c15-f01817880a21.jpg

Next two games are Sampdoria (H) and Torino (A) both teams pretty strong and I'll guess it will be a battle.
Really looking forward to it

cec61099-79e8-4155-99f7-4d040f6427f4.jpg

Last edited:
Btw this is why PA0 is so much fun ,not only the pass ,but how you control and set yourself up for a pass and shot.
Still love these passes.
Nice to see you’re having fun with PES again man. Even when shooting and goalkeepers can feel underwhelming, PA0 and the ability to create nice random bits of play definitely makes up for it!
I myself had a good go on PES 17 last night, great fun, closest game in feeling to the golden generation PS2 days. Just trying to find the sweet spot in difficulty.

Nice to see you’re having fun with PES again man. Even when shooting and goalkeepers can feel underwhelming, PA0 and the ability to create nice random bits of play definitely makes up for it!
I myself had a good go on PES 17 last night, great fun, closest game in feeling to the golden generation PS2 days. Just trying to find the sweet spot in difficulty.
Love Pes 17 ,that's my most played Pes (except Pes 6)
Think I mainly played TP on that game.
It's a brilliant game ,best Pes AI in a modern game for sure

Salernitana Vs Sampdoria.
Trailing 0-2 after 30 mins ,Quagliarella was really lighting up my defence today.
Scored 3 goals in the 2nd half making it 3-2 until the 93rd minute ,then Quagliarella popped up in my box and made it 3-3
Bummer ,but probably fair in the end.
89df03c4-3df9-4b13-bc22-f2aa29a40704.jpg

Next game was Vs Torino (A) a team I always struggle against no matter which Pes it is.
1-0 up after 6 min from Kiynie ,Belotti scored a 1-1 equaliser at the start of the 2nd half.
Before Akpro headed in the winner in the 72nd min
Great win!
Next up Fiorentina at home.
5d41b695-b1d9-40b4-ac0a-d67b84513dbf.jpg

Btw I played this game 4 times just to test out difficulties.

Professional PA0+1
Horrible ,no difference between good or bad players , everyone feels the same.

TP PA0 (and PA1)
Feels very solid ,a bit cheaty when trying to dribble defenders ,CPU AI in attack feels good but not superhuman.

Superstar (PA0+PA1)
On the ball and Vs the CPU defense ,really good ,I feel my players that has pace/strength stands out Vs weaker defenders.
But CPU attackers are brutally OP when getting a chance ,everything goes in.

Regular (PA0)
The difficulty I play 99% of the time.
Feels very fair ,only downside is that your players feels a bit sleepy when trying to control the ball ,passing needs to be very precise ,more so here than on TP/SS otherwise passes doesn't reach or misses.
CPU AI attacking feels very solid and non cheaty

Worst game so far ,Fiorentina H.
I couldn't defend tws the end of the game and went from 4-2 to 4-4 the last 7 minutes.
Attackers just bounced off me ,were impossible to contain.
But I got a penalty (my first).
Seriously thinking on lower game time to 15 min ,feels like there's way to many goals scored in this one.
And seriously thinking about a return to Pes 17 too.
Or just be patient to see if TS will kick in later on (62 now)
cf712576-5b2a-4f5d-9a08-7faed11842cb.jpg

Next game is Genoa away.

Last edited:
First the PES 2020 ML. Matchday 27 , match against ORANJE FC, Utrecht FC based rip-off the oficial dutch club.

Match taking place in Volksparkstadion.

Final result HSV 2 - 0 Oranje FC
Scorers:
- Anderson Silva 59'
- Pepê 84'

League table after 27 games:

PEUtable.jpg

Things could be better, but could be worse too. We are now established in the top-7 of the league, +7 points from the 8th. But we are -4pts behind the 6th team and -7pts byt RB Leipzig in 5th, that is the last EL spot.

In other news, the balance in the league was re-established, as Bayern passed in the 1st place. If St. Pauli manage to surpass Piemonte Calcio in 10th place, it will be a total balance league, the first 50% aparted of BL+BL2 teams and the rest 50% of Rest of Europe and fantasy teams!

Last edited:
In the PES 2021 ML save

It seems this season will go like an elevator. A lot of teams, the one close to the other, nothing seems clear by now. The most significant event, Leeds United ha recovered, and it seems it will be the leader of the league from now on.

Fore some damn reason, games i pick to record are usually a disaster, while most wins are done in the background!

Key moments:

Matchday 8: Nottingham Forest 3 - 1 BURTON ALBION
Bad match, bad performance, we opened the score in 12', then between 17'~21' we conceded two stupid goals. Final blow came in 80' for 3-1.

Matchday 9: BURTON ALBION 3 - 0 Tranmere Rovers

Much respect and love to my beloved Tranmere, but if we were to loose this much (*Tranmere still fake roster, didn't finish when i started my save), then only the worst was possible.
Scorers:
Aubameyang 36'
L. Sibley 49'
Aubameyang 58'

Good part is that, Aubameyang started to getting familiar with the team instructions, so he is no playing a little bit better, given his OPR, let's not ignore that he is 34yo , to become 35yo this season! He has past far of his prime!

Matchday 13: Goaless draw against Fulham. The performance was terrible, but a goaless draw is always welcome, cause it is a good sign, for me! :)
BURTON ALBION 0 - 0 Fulham FC

Taking a huge leap, Matchday 19, end of 1st round of EFL Championship
BURTON ALBION 1 - 0 Exeter City FC
Aubameyang 25'

Another beloved opponent, another mediocre performance. In the point we are now, winning every single match is more important than playing beautifull football, so purpose over Joga Bonito! :) :(

The league table after 19 matchdays

EFLtable.jpg

After many Ups and Downs, we are now in 6th position, the last position of promotion Play-offs IIRC, but things are more than unclear. It is us, Norwich and Fulham, all with 34pts. Winter transfer window is here, and if we are to live another day, we must do some good and accurate moves. Budget is at its lowest for the record.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom