The Master League adventures thread

And approaching to the Ultimate Battle,

Matchday 28 | Leeds United VS BURTON ALBION

Critical match, we must keep contanct with the 1st Leeds and with the 2nd team of the table, to be relative for direct promotion...
Instead of this, we opened the score and then $hite things all over again....

Final result:
szsKmcE.jpg

The match video:

And the League table, after 28 games. We are still relative for Play-Offs, but there is not any excuse, despite our squad is a new-built team, cause we have the best roster in the division, and went all-in, in both summer and winter transfers.

reJCuyd.jpg

Everything open again, to any possible outcome.... Difficult to promote directly and 5 teams below are threatening us.

18 more games to go... Let's hope, we will build some consistency!!!
Some bad luck Vs Leeds there pal.
Nice to see you have old Zlatko up front

I've had a great start on my Torino ML (PES 19).
First three games all away (thanks Konami) and have resulted in 2 wins and 1 draw.

Next up was Sassuolo at home.
Outplayed them totally in the first half but couldn't score.
Late first half Berardi got the ball outside the box making it 1-0 Sassuolo.
Like a cold shower that was.

Second half I regained control even though Sassuolo has dangerous counter attacks ,and Ansaldi scored on a corner making it 1-1.
Shortly after Falque headed in my 2-1 goal.
Sassuolo went all out attack on me from the 70th minute and forward ,i missed a cross and it dropped in front of my goal and Duncan slides in 2-2.

Sassuolo kept chasing the winner after that and I managed to counter a few times and making it a great finish to this game.
Not often YOU get to score a 90+ winner.
Great game ,loved it.
5f2198f8-8d79-40f8-9220-c16e3321fb9f.jpg

Last minute joy.

Top of the league ,and next game is Roma at home.
Expect it to be tough.

Been on a ML bonanza today.
First a great game on Pes 19 (Torino) then I played a game on my old Pes 18 (Roma) save.

A few weeks ago I started playing Pes 20 ,I liked it ,but it felt less free and much more cheaty than both 18 and 19.
I left my Salernitana ML after 8 games (one test ML before that) so I decided to give it a go again.

Maybe it's because I've re learned how to play Pes again ,but this was so good.
Really surprised on how much I enjoyed it.
Still think 19 (and somewhat 18 are "better") but once you get used to the slower gameplay ,more build up/a lot harder since reaction time/responsiveness is far from 19 ,it feels quite realistic.

This game Vs Juventus was so good ,A Cerci with two great setups for both my goals , obviously man of the match (with one more year added to his contract).
But the biggest surprise was how good and fun the CPU played.
Their goal...wasn't expecting that to be honest!
Great fun.
I'm in 3rd after 9 games (5W 4D)
224f6ddb-b3c4-4ded-8596-f0224d9fb825.jpg

Derby Della Campania.
Salernitana Vs Napoli.
A very disciplined Salernitana played tough defence and a very direct counter attacking football Vs a frustrated Napoli.
1-0 saw a high class defender like Kalidou Koulibaly turned inside out.
Same thing in the second half when I counter attacked a very frustrated Napoli and made it 2-0.

Easy to say that Napoli's Allan had a bad day on the job ,seeing his team mate Mertens being nutmegged then launching an assault that had him sent off with a straight red.
Great game ,really clicking right now.
f785f878-8c77-4049-98d3-03fdd48e0f41.jpg

Derby Della Campania.
Salernitana Vs Napoli.
A very disciplined Salernitana played tough defence and a very direct counter attacking football Vs a frustrated Napoli.
1-0 saw a high class defender like Kalidou Koulibaly turned inside out.
Same thing in the second half when I counter attacked a very frustrated Napoli and made it 2-0.

Easy to say that Napoli's Allan had a bad day on the job ,seeing his team mate Mertens being nutmegged then launching an assault that had him sent off with a straight red.
Great game ,really clicking right now.
View attachment 140522

Great game, nice balance in stats. The greater passing succesion of Napoli reflecting their in paper superiority. Awesome results! Oh and a straight red card? Someone managed to piss off the CPU :)

Great game, nice balance in stats. The greater passing succesion of Napoli reflecting their in paper superiority. Awesome results! Oh and a straight red card? Someone managed to piss off the CPU :)
Ha ha yes.
I'm not using sprint that much but trying to slow it down and dribble when close to CPU and they usually bite

Ha ha yes.
I'm not using sprint that much but trying to slow it down and dribble when close to CPU and they usually bite
What PES 2020 does good, IMHO, that it makes me love every PES that has this feature, is making your moves without SPRINT having real meaning and impact. Maybe here it is more due to bad general response, but it really matters when you move without the sprint button. Like in 2015, 2018. IMHO always. It is not that in the other games, i spam all time R1 (sprint), but i just feel you are more vulnerable when just walking with the ball in 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021.

What PES 2020 does good, IMHO, that it makes me love every PES that has this feature, is making your moves without SPRINT having real meaning and impact. Maybe here it is more due to bad general response, but it really matters when you move without the sprint button. Like in 2015, 2018. IMHO always. It is not that in the other games, i spam all time R1 (sprint), but i just feel you are more vulnerable when just walking with the ball in 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021.
I think you can shield the ball pretty damn good in this game.
To me in Pes 18+19 you can quick burst tapping RT (my sprint button) and move away from defenders ,doesn't really work on Pes 20 ,so I don't use that in tight spaces ,if I need to use it ,I need to plan it ,before I get the ball ,quick burst then shield it/push away defenders.

This game is growing a lot on me ,really liking it.
The slow pace and being a bit unresponsive makes it a lot of fun ,I need to think/plan every move.
Plus I think the CPU team mates makes great off ball movement

I think you can shield the ball pretty damn good in this game.
To me in Pes 18+19 you can quick burst tapping RT (my sprint button) and move away from defenders ,doesn't really work on Pes 20 ,so I don't use that in tight spaces ,if I need to use it ,I need to plan it ,before I get the ball ,quick burst then shield it/push away defenders.

This game is growing a lot on me ,really liking it.
The slow pace and being a bit unresponsive makes it a lot of fun ,I need to think/plan every move.
Plus I think the CPU team mates makes great off ball movement
You are right, speed bursts dont work so good. By tapping sprint x2times, it triggers a wierd animation, the ball knocks in front and then it is anchored by an animation that traps you in glue. While it is like a yo-yo, you are often practically faked up, cause the CPU sticks the leg and you can;t do anything, cause your player is trapped in the animation.

Another strange thing that stayed since the DEMO. If you run with normal R1 (sprint), no double taps and you get out of the zone that the CPU defender is responding, and your player is a fast one, you can outrun the player without the ball, cause he is like in the middle of chase you or either collapse to he all out defense position.

With super fast players, this can result near to exploit. Not always but happens. Similar triggered exploit is while walking and not running, cause the CPU priority seems to be, 1) read your inputs 2) press down whoever runs fast. If you walk away, like sneaking in a stealth game, you can trigger the CPU defender collapse to his fall back position and you walk away in the park...

To be honest i don't use it all the time, cause then instead of football , i become a ridiculous human that exploits the AI! :)

You are right, speed bursts dont work so good. By tapping sprint x2times, it triggers a wierd animation, the ball knocks in front and then it is anchored by an animation that traps you in glue. While it is like a yo-yo, you are often practically faked up, cause the CPU sticks the leg and you can;t do anything, cause your player is trapped in the animation.

Another strange thing that stayed since the DEMO. If you run with normal R1 (sprint), no double taps and you get out of the zone that the CPU defender is responding, and your player is a fast one, you can outrun the player without the ball, cause he is like in the middle of chase you or either collapse to he all out defense position.

With super fast players, this can result near to exploit. Not always but happens. Similar triggered exploit is while walking and not running, cause the CPU priority seems to be, 1) read your inputs 2) press down whoever runs fast. If you walk away, like sneaking in a stealth game, you can trigger the CPU defender collapse to his fall back position and you walk away in the park...

To be honest i don't use it all the time, cause then instead of football , i become a ridiculous human that exploits the AI! :)
If I find an exploit ,I'm also the same ,trying not to use it.
Vs other Pes games (17+18+19) I think a lot of stats feels correct.
Trying to contain a strong attacker or trying to pass a strong CPU defender needs a bit of smartness.
Since those three games I mentioned are responsive ,you can always catch them if you got some speed ,here positioning is key ,if out of position or trying to challenge in the wrong moment ,you're done!

Really like my Salernitana ML ,very low funds and a crap squad with hardly any new players in

Another tough but fun game in my Pes 20 ML.
Udinese away ,scored in the 60th minute in a cross ,then spent the remainder of the game all out def and hoofed it.
5599872b-6e82-4790-b37f-150326624f67.jpg

I upped the difficulty for my last game (Udinese PAO TP) and hated it , especially on low TS (65) because I felt it was a bit easy at times ,I can pick pocket CPU attackers pretty easily.
But instead of doing that I've decided to not exploit that by play a more passive defending , covering runs etc and really try to pick pocket if needed ,and it works pretty good ,very tight games both my last and this one.

Hellas Verona ,i was lucky with a draw here ,they had a shot hitting the post ,a 1v1 saved by my GK,so luckily I got a draw out of it.
Had a double injury ,same position ,not sure I've seen that before.
Great game.
4d8bcd8e-9a2c-48d2-b08c-58b69ba0e8e6.jpg70f47854-eb8a-46d6-8d39-1e86b0d096d3.jpgf0932dda-8284-4118-a5ae-81ccb9230a02.jpg

Those two players will sit out my game vs Cagliari (A) and Parma (H)

Two more games.
Udinese away ,were I had to fight really hard with 5/11 starting players out.
1-0 down 50th minute ,then a sub that scored on a cross making it 1-1.
Pretty decent result

e02fd30c-65dc-4d1a-a820-366803bbc0a3.jpg

Parma at home was a nail biter ,they played great ,Cornelius up on top created havoc constantly Vs me ,so did Gervinho on the wing.
A poorly cleared ball bounced my way late in the second and I could break free and make it 1-0.
Final result.
6c4660fb-c93a-4666-b260-4dcd7038d672.jpg
Next up is Roma away ,expect a tough game.
Btw can't decide whether to keep 15min or go 20.
Think fatigue and stats are pretty good at 15 ,let's see.

First loss ,away to Roma in a game that was really something else.
Good goalkeeping from Roma and a pesky Dzeko saw Roma bagging all points.
ba611149-044c-4ee2-8152-3216094129c6.jpg

The first goal is a beautiful setup by Mkhitaryan ,too aggressive in defense and he did me totally ,hats off.
A bit unlucky from us this game.
But really a strong game by our side.

Next game is as tough with Milan visiting.

First loss ,away to Roma in a game that was really something else.
Good goalkeeping from Roma and a pesky Dzeko saw Roma bagging all points.
View attachment 140825

The first goal is a beautiful setup by Mkhitaryan ,too aggressive in defense and he did me totally ,hats off.
A bit unlucky from us this game.
But really a strong game by our side.

Next game is as tough with Milan visiting.
How is the league table? 1st goal of Roma, nice fake by the CPU winger, before the cross.

Don't you have Ribery in your Salernitana?

In an Italian forum i watch ML stories, they're a lot active regarding ML stories,at least 9~10 active users with their separate stories, so I've seen a lot workarounds on how to play an ML, from playing the games in exhibition, simulating the rest to Single Competition mode, and keeping everything on paper/Excel, which is of course a hell lot of work, to more simple tricks.

One of them, i think you've suggested the same in the past,is changing the Difficulty level in relation ot the opponent, can't recall the exact formula now.

It goes like, playing against the last team, difficulty Professional,playing against the Top, Superstar, playing near team, TopPlayer, playing in CL, legend, etc, etc.

At general they use the Difficulty level as a slider for CPU team.

How is the league table? 1st goal of Roma, nice fake by the CPU winger, before the cross.

Don't you have Ribery in your Salernitana?

In an Italian forum i watch ML stories, they're a lot active regarding ML stories,at least 9~10 active users with their separate stories, so I've seen a lot workarounds on how to play an ML, from playing the games in exhibition, simulating the rest to Single Competition mode, and keeping everything on paper/Excel, which is of course a hell lot of work, to more simple tricks.

One of them, i think you've suggested the same in the past,is changing the Difficulty level in relation ot the opponent, can't recall the exact formula now.

It goes like, playing against the last team, difficulty Professional,playing against the Top, Superstar, playing near team, TopPlayer, playing in CL, legend, etc, etc.

At general they use the Difficulty level as a slider for CPU team.
That's a smart idea using different difficulties ,I've done that to in the past ,TP for all but playing Juventus SS.
Nope Ribery isn't in my squad ,forgot him when doing transfers ,I realised it when starting my ML:(

Two more games last night.
Milan at home ,I couldn't get any pressure on them at all , Rebic made it 1-0 late.
dfa54671-b48f-4ae5-8edb-e0a2fea2b6f1.jpg

Really bummed over my loss Vs Milan and was looking for a result in my next game Bologna away.
Tight game ,created a few chances ,but since my top trio is out of shape ,very fatigued i couldn't really get that last push for a goal ,plus my Def midfielder took a crazy straight red card late first ,which meant playing a 4-4-1 for the 2nd half.
Tough loss ,Bologna scored late in the game making this my 3rd straight loss.
Also my 3rd straight game without scoring.
Last 6 games reads 1W 2D 3L
40cba47e-0d66-426c-9e48-4fdfab180389.jpg

One game left before the transfer window opens and I need 3-4 players in ,I'm using players out of position a lot due to injuries/suspensions and bad form.
3.3 million in budget and 1.4 in salary budget.
It will be tough.

Last edited:
Well until i put together the content for my PES 2021 save, here are some moments from my PES 2018. Like a filler episode :D

Well, 18, superstar level, try-hard mode, 2 Wins and 5 Looses until now, always conceading if not super focused..A lot of pain , blah blah blah blah blah blah............ But when some highlights are produced, it is like a pay off..

Well until i put together the content for my PES 2021 save, here are some moments from my PES 2018. Like a filler episode :D

Well, 18, superstar level, try-hard mode, 2 Wins and 5 Looses until now, always conceading if not super focused..A lot of pain , blah blah blah blah blah blah............ But when some highlights are produced, it is like a pay off..

Got confused when the FIFA 22 ad came on:)

Still alive and kicking with Salernitana.
Spezia away was a must win game (after 3 losses).
Scrappy ,all players fatigued and out of shape ,but managed to win it with a late corner and some scramble
Relief!
d8cc0b81-0a29-4073-982c-77828e775051.jpg

Next game was Inter away ,and I felt I had to rotate the whole team for this one ,so I did (and skipped match) ended up losing 4-1.

Transfer window open ,got two unknown 72/73 overall RB and a very fast LWF in ,plus my go to guy Ignazio Abate (free agent but former AC Milan).
I buy him quite a lot in my ML's ,mainly because of a few things , leader/box to box/offensive fullback etc ,plus very useful ,can play LB/RB/RM/RWF.

All new players on the pitch Vs Lazio ,a game things clicked fully ,was 2-0 up late in the game until Immobile scored a beauty ,rest of the game was all out defence and I came away with 3 points.
d78aec2e-8c2e-4462-a99d-bb944ca49a39.jpg

Next game will be a tough game Vs Atalanta and hopefully another signing in (LM/RM).
Having a great time.

A last filler, before the proper post. A nice goal by Balogun, not a long ranger, but given the difficulty to score screamers, and the little rising in the trajectory, were loveable. Always love the woodwork screamer!!! :)

Well except for the above, i mostly loved the physicallity in the battle against the defender, before taking the shot. :)

On the cons, the net physics were a little bit anti-climatic... 2018 has more "alive" nets while scoring!!!

So keeping up.... Last time we were in matchday 28, 4th place in the EFL table. Since then....

Well Matchday 29, a strange match. In real time, i played it once, i was winning 4-1 until 85'. Burton Albion VS QPR. But then i fall asleep and i lost the progress, when the console went in REST MODE.... :(

But then i noticed i had left capture to ON. Review the video, this is just for the history, as match never saved, while i was asleep, QPR did it 4-4!!! Scoring 2 of 3 identical goals, while i was idle...

So i had to replay the match, and obviously to win it again, i assume i would win from 4-1 in 85' either way!! :)

I replay matches ONLY when something out of my powers happens, in a non-testing run, like electricity down, etc... But i hate when i replay, especially when i won in first play, and then i have to repeat win!

So i was lucky and won again, more difficult this time, as i played more carefully... Final result

BURTON ALBION 1 - 0 QPR

Matchday 30

Birmingham 0 - 2 BURTON ALBION

So, it is 2 wins for 2 matches! :)
MATCH VIDEOS

MATCHDAY 31

BURTON ALBION 1 -
1 Nottingham Forest

Went in this match unprepared, without study my lessons. I though it would be the Mother Of All Battles, but did not noticed that Nottingham fell from over us in a previous matchday. We remain in the Play-Off zone, but far from the gracefull 2nd position.

The match was a total mess, only after an individual attempt by old man Ibrahimovic we achieved to take the 1-point for draw! As Fernando Santos says, when you can't win, at least don't loose. ;)

MATCHDAY 32

Visiting the beloved and mighty Tranmere. Here's is a Master League quiz:

Guess who is the last team in the table, who is the team that is in hot stakes for the +3pts win, in the top of the table!

Then guess who scored 2 goals easily and who needed a titan effort to turn tables down, and escape with another draw!!! :)

Finally guess what most of the other of my competitors did in this day....YES, most of them brought also a DRAW!!! :)

Just another day in ML!!!

B01MNGp.jpg

We needed a mastecalls effort by Joaquin (regen) and Yusuf Demir (not-regen) in order to bring back the balance in 3 minutes! Until 25' we're tailling 2-0. From 30' to 33' we equalised. Then they packed their defense, and nothing more happened!

Good job Tranmere!!! :) Back to 4th place again.. Norwich is 3rd now, Fulham in 2nd place is at +7pts now... :(

And approaching to the end of this week's progress..

MATCHDAY 33

BURTON ALBION 0 - 0 Derby County

Another team low in the table, another compact match. In most cases it was Aubameyang for me alone, among 5 or 9 CPU defenders. It felt like a concrete wall....

And finally, until last night, Matchday 34 , an "easy?" visit to PRESTON NORTH END. Thankfully the match was a personall fest for Aubameyang and Balogun, the first with 2 tap-ins, Balogun with the lovely goal i posted above in a previoys post.

FINAL RESULT of MATCHDAY 34
zMzwR29.jpg

MATCH VIDEO RECAP, Matchdays 33 & 34

LEAGUE TABLE

qmHOK3i.jpg

We are again in 3rd position, +3 from the danger NON-PLAY-OFF-zone, but still -7 from the 2nd position of FFC.

If i can make a realistic prediction, given our form after 34 matches, we will possibly play in promotion-PLAY-OFFS, but with this teamshape, we will possibly not succeed the promotion this season... Let's find out ;)

And approaching to the end of this week's progress..

MATCHDAY 33

BURTON ALBION 0 - 0 Derby County

Another team low in the table, another compact match. In most cases it was Aubameyang for me alone, among 5 or 9 CPU defenders. It felt like a concrete wall....

And finally, until last night, Matchday 34 , an "easy?" visit to PRESTON NORTH END. Thankfully the match was a personall fest for Aubameyang and Balogun, the first with 2 tap-ins, Balogun with the lovely goal i posted above in a previoys post.

FINAL RESULT of MATCHDAY 34
zMzwR29.jpg

MATCH VIDEO RECAP, Matchdays 33 & 34

LEAGUE TABLE

qmHOK3i.jpg

We are again in 3rd position, +3 from the danger NON-PLAY-OFF-zone, but still -7 from the 2nd position of FFC.

If i can make a realistic prediction, given our form after 34 matches, we will possibly play in promotion-PLAY-OFFS, but with this teamshape, we will possibly not succeed the promotion this season... Let's find out ;)
Tight tight table ,one slip up and your down 3-4 places.
You gotta keep winning mate

Back
Top Bottom