The Master League adventures thread

It's me again...oh my, I played a lot today :D

So I'm at the end of season! And I had easiest late season in my history of playing PES 2014-2016. No stupid scripts. None! There was only one aggravating game, against lucky bastards #1 FC Porto. Was leading 1-0 comfotably, then out of nowhere equaliser (lucky rebound), and then pass straight from middle of the park...my defenders were 20 meters away from their positions! Aboubakar lucky bastard got the ball, did what he had to, and I lost to Porto again, I hate them so badly :/

Other than that, Belenenses was crushing everyone. Sporting was scary af, but I won first game 3-1!!! So freaking happy! Lost the second leg 1-0, but Sporting needed two goals more. I could feel the unseen powers of konami, but prevailed. Excellent. In semifinal I faced some fake team - Marchigana or sth, these names are so dumb - easy 1:0 and 3:1 for me.

So, there are two finals ahead of me. First Portugal Cup, same as last season I'll face damn Porto! They always luck out so badly! Last final ended in penalties, hopefully this time they'll submit earlier. And few days later grand final of Europa League against Real Sociedad. Might not sound so impressive, but they've beaten Arsenal and Napoli on their way to final, might be tough game. Final league match with Rio Ave is meaningless - I have secured second place in league and CL group spot!

I am so damn happy now. Finally no stupid ass bullshit dragging me down, no unneccesary errors in the back, no "exciting" matches, pure skills. And when competition is fair, there is no stopping Belenenses. Just too stronk for poor Portuguese fellas, with exception of big three of lucky & annoying bastards.

But I'll get my title next year.

lIvpU98.jpg

Yooo it's time to get ready for work now, spent entire day playing damn PES :D It turned out to be real good stuff.

BTW I was thinking of recording both finals and uploading quick highlights for ya, whatchu think? :D
Think that's a splendid idea,and if you upload the whole games somewhere else,put a link up for that.
Great season for you pal,and of course you'll Nick the league next year.
Haven't played 16 today,yet,being on vacation ( at home) with girlfriend watching the olympics 24-7...
But will get some games going now,Chelsea up first,game one in CL

Hows the lads? A quick update I tried what you were saying Anjin about the heart I win one lose two so I'm not sure about it. Missed out on a playoff place by 3 points so delved into yhe market and bought two players so far and sold 3 players. Two midfielders that I bought were Tejeda who I have used before and Sanson an unknown quantity but looks a good passer. Hope to buy two more players.

Anyway I noticed I lose most of my matches with 3-5-2 probably defenders aren't good enough for the system so I'm gonna use a 4-3-3 customised. Played first game of the season against Brescia and easily won 5-2 very open game with great goals . .I gave Tejeda his debut and he can also slot in to right back position . .the last goal I scored was by Tejeda a high clearance from a corner and he did a side volley straight in the top corner even though he has lousy stats for finishing.

Anjin love to see your matches that would be cool .. and Rock stop watching that olympics shite.

Hows the lads? A quick update I tried what you were saying Anjin about the heart I win one lose two so I'm not sure about it. Missed out on a playoff place by 3 points so delved into yhe market and bought two players so far and sold 3 players. Two midfielders that I bought were Tejeda who I have used before and Sanson an unknown quantity but looks a good passer. Hope to buy two more players.

Anyway I noticed I lose most of my matches with 3-5-2 probably defenders aren't good enough for the system so I'm gonna use a 4-3-3 customised. Played first game of the season against Brescia and easily won 5-2 very open game with great goals . .I gave Tejeda his debut and he can also slot in to right back position . .the last goal I scored was by Tejeda a high clearance from a corner and he did a side volley straight in the top corner even though he has lousy stats for finishing.

Anjin love to see your matches that would be cool .. and Rock stop watching that olympics shite.
Yes sir!
Back in the mine again.
Bummer bout your missed playoff spot mate.
I rarely use 3-5-2, it happend,but not often
Probably a good idea to scrap it,takes very strong wingers,who also needs to defend/attack equally good.
4-3-3 is plan,three in a line up front,or on between MF and fw?
Nice start to your campaign.
Got two games to report next post

So Swedens hope for managerial success in Serie A is back!!!

First stop Stamford bridge aka "The library" for a game vs Chelsea in the Champions league.
Not my shiniest moment to be fair.
Started 4-2-3-1, could hardly touch the ball first 20, they had everything,my players were still running in mud,drunk as fuck,that's how it felt,no controll what so ever.
Chelsea scored in the 37th minute,my defenders took touches instead of clearing,and they scored easy.
2-0 in the 55th,pretty much the same way.
I changed formation to a 4-4-2 (4-1-3-2 really) and had my first shot on goal in the 60th...
In the 70th they went 3-0 up,before that I had a few ok chances,but for scored on.
Went ballistic and ,clipped Costa from behind,yellow card,clipped him again,with a different player,Costa out!
Had a red card (second YK) moments after,and got another one for clipping Van Persie,and Van Persie out.
Got a goal just after my second red card,and the game ended 3-1.
Felt shit from the get go,like someone else secretly controlling my hand controll.

Any way,second game,Carpi away,yeah I know,big suprise,an away game...how lovely.
And again,could get my players going,sluggish,in mud,being drunk,what ever.
Carpi scored in the 33rd,down the wing in between my CBs
Had a comeback moments after,and scored 1-1.
Early second half Carpi went 2-1 up,a pass+header+pass+tap in that I couldn't defend.
So frustrating,and I can't do shit to stop it either.
Anyway,tactics out the window,time to go all out offensively,played 2-4-4 and went for it.
Scored 2-2,-and soon after 3-2,both shots from Bacca.
In the 80th,after I've gone back to 4-2-3-1, they scored a goal on a deflection from my goalie,what pissed me of with that goal,none of my def reacted.
10 min + fergie time (5 this time) I went back to my 2-4-4, and....SCORED!!!! Bacca on a lofted pass in the overcrowded box.
Spent the last 7-8 hoofing balls left and right.

Horrible horrible game,even if I won.
I'm not supposed to concede 3 goals to Capri
Don't know what's going on?
My very good games early on,first two were fab,these utter rubbish.
Anyway,3 point in the bag.
Next Napoli at home,with recent history,I'd probably lose 17-0.
Reports and gaming out when I calm down boys!
Merda Napoli!!

Af few more games played
Right now this game is horrible,pure crap in my opinion
First up Napoli at home,didn't see the ball for 90 minutes,I sat back they tikid their way through me,I started pressing they tikid through me.
0-1 after 30 m,they played about 15 passes from their own box in to my.
Couldn't tackle,couldn't cover channels.
0-2 after 65, and by that point,could have been 0-7 easily.
Game ended 0-2, I had 2 shots, 1 on goal.
Think they had 92% in passing.
Couldn't win anything,throws,corners,tackles,my players were stuck deep in the pitch.

2nd game,B M Gladbach at home,same fucking story,had three shots,scored on one o them
Game ended 1-0 me, 0 corners,0 freekicks and 89% in passing their way.
Horrible again.

3rd game Roma away.
Sneaked in a 1-0 win by hoofing the ball for 90 min ,2-16 in shots.
Again...fucking horrible.
Can't really understand what's going on?
My team is better than the opponents I've played lately,but my players aren't responding at all.
Might go back to TP for a game to reset scripting and chock the system.
Gameplay is utter shit atm.
Feel like a FIFA fanboy complaining,and feels like I'm playing FIFA aswell.
If this continues its going in the bin

Last edited:
Last game of the very late night shift.
Novara in the cup,first leg away.
Thank god my PES gameplay came back.
Had to start a very strange lineup,out of my 31 player roster,I'd managed to scrape together 13 players that were in decent shape,the rest fatigued and in shit form.
Even though I felt straight away that the gameplay was back,the heavy shooting,passing that you could control,you know what I mean,PES Magic,the game became a really tough one,with h Novara creating good chances,and my GK Lopez was on fire,making one crazy double save early on.

1-0 my way in the 30th minute,outside curler that swept along the grass bottom corner.
2nd half and Novara kept trying,had a few good chances,but no dice!
70 minutes had passed when a ball got stuck between two Novara def and Niang poked it,gk tipped it post in.
They threw everything at me the rest of the game,but my CB's headed everything away.

Great feeling to be playing PES again,and not FIFA 14 on vanilla settings online.
Next game Novara at home.
Team is still in shit shape,have to play a few strange choices.

Last game of the very late night shift.
Novara in the cup,first leg away.
Thank god my PES gameplay came back.
Had to start a very strange lineup,out of my 31 player roster,I'd managed to scrape together 13 players that were in decent shape,the rest fatigued and in shit form.
Even though I felt straight away that the gameplay was back,the heavy shooting,passing that you could control,you know what I mean,PES Magic,the game became a really tough one,with h Novara creating good chances,and my GK Lopez was on fire,making one crazy double save early on.

1-0 my way in the 30th minute,outside curler that swept along the grass bottom corner.
2nd half and Novara kept trying,had a few good chances,but no dice!
70 minutes had passed when a ball got stuck between two Novara def and Niang poked it,gk tipped it post in.
They threw everything at me the rest of the game,but my CB's headed everything away.

Great feeling to be playing PES again,and not FIFA 14 on vanilla settings online.
Next game Novara at home.
Team is still in shit shape,have to play a few strange choices.

Rock you were on the verge of stopping because of a few bad results? No way man . .just as well you weren't me in the last season it was a nightmare . .. it's only the scripting making it difficult ...glad to see you back on track. Did you say you had all out attack 2-4-4 in one game . .never heard or tried that you got agood win from it.

Just stick with it man leave it on SS and take it as it comes .. it's all swings and roundabouts I hope my 4-3-3 will work better for me . .be great if Anjin puts up some videos.

Managed to fit some games in over the weekend in my Bolton save - half-way through the season now. 6th place, which I'm happy with, but the "team spirit" imbalances are causing some really silly results.

Of my last six games, four of them were 4-0s (two for me, two for the CPU), with two 2-2 draws (24 goals in 6 games)... The wins, I wasn't really trying - I was just mopping up possession in midfield, through-balling to a winger and creating a tap-in opportunity. No concentration required (and I remember the PS1 days of PES where if you weren't fully concentrating in every single game, you'd lose, and you'd know exactly why - which made the wins so sweet).

The losses felt like they were a direct cause of my team being crippled for those two games (against teams with higher "team spirits", of course) - three of the goals I conceded came from my defender's response times being shocking, rebounding an attempted pass off an opponent's leg, and setting up an easy one-on-one. Every forward pass was an interception, and every shot was either wide (my own fault) or a save I've never seen the likes of in PES 2016 before!

The draws felt about right - but it seems to me (and I'm not saying it's like this for everyone) that team spirit is deciding each game no matter what I do.

FIFA is just as guilty of this stuff, by the way - I got so frustrated I nipped back for a few games, and three games in a row, a goal for me was followed by a goal for the CPU within 10 minutes.

Speaking of which, it's funny how the games are polar opposites in terms of their experiences against the AI - PES at least provides variety, but it's so extreme (4-0 win or 4-0 loss), whereas FIFA provides none (Barça or Barnsley).

Anyway...

I've tried my first player "swap" - I have a centre-back whose OVR is 69, but his growth chart shows a downhill slope from now on. A Brazilian team put in an offer for him (?!) of £800,000 - which is pretty much his value - but I had a look at their youth players, and saw a guy who's predicted to be around a 72-74 in three years' time. Apparently there's a 49% chance of it going ahead...

This came from me examining my younger players properly, including the growth chart, and noticing (to my horror) that the guys I've been trying to give some playing time to have a maximum predicted OVR of about 62... The average player in the Championship has an OVR of about 70!

Looking forward to seeing if I can push for the play-offs, and the team spirit is rising all the time, but I'm having to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 depending on the opposition's formation (probably my favourite part of the whole game is actually having to pay attention to this), and the switch seems to have a detrimental effect on the "team spirit" overall.

(Which it should considering players are played in their least favourite positions - absolutely love "team spirit", and frankly I'm hoping FIFA rip it off... I just wish it wasn't so extreme.)

Last edited:
I totally agree with Chris about team spirit. It's a great thing added by konami but they just haven't quit nailed the implementation yet. That's why many people prefer the gameplay of exhibition or tournament modes that master league in pes 2016. Some games are just too easy, and it's not supposed to be that way, especially in a video game cause it could become quite boring. Hope they balance it more in PES 2017. That's why If I want a challenge I need to play full manuals in this game.

Anyway I started a new save after losing the previous ones. Playing championship again with Leeds United. Full manuals, 15 minutes. I've played about 5 games.. I'll post the full report later as I play more games.

Rock you were on the verge of stopping because of a few bad results? No way man . .just as well you weren't me in the last season it was a nightmare . .. it's only the scripting making it difficult ...glad to see you back on track. Did you say you had all out attack 2-4-4 in one game . .never heard or tried that you got agood win from it.

Just stick with it man leave it on SS and take it as it comes .. it's all swings and roundabouts I hope my 4-3-3 will work better for me . .be great if Anjin puts up some videos.
Yeah I know mate,sometimes you think strange shit at 2-3 am at night.
Held my ground and kept fighting.
Funny thing that my whole team suffers from fatigue,even though I haven't rotated that much.
Yeah Anjin should put up his final games here.
Saw a game last season were Bayern were trailing vs a bottom team,and last 15 minutes,they played 2 CB's and pretty much 4-4 up front or even 3-5.
Turned it around of course.
Confident in you getting a 4-3-3 working

Last edited:
Managed to fit some games in over the weekend in my Bolton save - half-way through the season now. 6th place, which I'm happy with, but the "team spirit" imbalances are causing some really silly results.

Of my last six games, four of them were 4-0s (two for me, two for the CPU), with two 2-2 draws (24 goals in 6 games)... The wins, I wasn't really trying - I was just mopping up possession in midfield, through-balling to a winger and creating a tap-in opportunity. No concentration required (and I remember the PS1 days of PES where if you weren't fully concentrating in every single game, you'd lose, and you'd know exactly why - which made the wins so sweet).

The losses felt like they were a direct cause of my team being crippled for those two games (against teams with higher "team spirits", of course) - three of the goals I conceded came from my defender's response times being shocking, rebounding an attempted pass off an opponent's leg, and setting up an easy one-on-one. Every forward pass was an interception, and every shot was either wide (my own fault) or a save I've never seen the likes of in PES 2016 before!

The draws felt about right - but it seems to me (and I'm not saying it's like this for everyone) that team spirit is deciding each game no matter what I do.

FIFA is just as guilty of this stuff, by the way - I got so frustrated I nipped back for a few games, and three games in a row, a goal for me was followed by a goal for the CPU within 10 minutes.

Speaking of which, it's funny how the games are polar opposites in terms of their experiences against the AI - PES at least provides variety, but it's so extreme (4-0 win or 4-0 loss), whereas FIFA provides none (Barça or Barnsley).

Anyway...

I've tried my first player "swap" - I have a centre-back whose OVR is 69, but his growth chart shows a downhill slope from now on. A Brazilian team put in an offer for him (?!) of £800,000 - which is pretty much his value - but I had a look at their youth players, and saw a guy who's predicted to be around a 72-74 in three years' time. Apparently there's a 49% chance of it going ahead...

This came from me examining my younger players properly, including the growth chart, and noticing (to my horror) that the guys I've been trying to give some playing time to have a maximum predicted OVR of about 62... The average player in the Championship has an OVR of about 70!

Looking forward to seeing if I can push for the play-offs, and the team spirit is rising all the time, but I'm having to switch between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 depending on the opposition's formation (probably my favourite part of the whole game is actually having to pay attention to this), and the switch seems to have a detrimental effect on the "team spirit" overall.

(Which it should considering players are played in their least favourite positions - absolutely love "team spirit", and frankly I'm hoping FIFA rip it off... I just wish it wasn't so extreme.)
Spot on with FIFA/PES there,I need to play longer games,I really believe that the CPU,especially the good teams "calms down" on longer games.
I play 15 min,I'm going for 20 the next games.
I played 2 games on my PES 11, 20 minutes and I like how that plays,more build up.

My breaking point with FIFA were when,as you described Barnsley/Barca pretty much plays the same.
Like the depth that this game have,the more I understand,the better it gets.

I totally agree with Chris about team spirit. It's a great thing added by konami but they just haven't quit nailed the implementation yet. That's why many people prefer the gameplay of exhibition or tournament modes that master league in pes 2016. Some games are just too easy, and it's not supposed to be that way, especially in a video game cause it could become quite boring. Hope they balance it more in PES 2017. That's why If I want a challenge I need to play full manuals in this game.

Anyway I started a new save after losing the previous ones. Playing championship again with Leeds United. Full manuals, 15 minutes. I've played about 5 games.. I'll post the full report later as I play more games.

Really like the team spirit aswell,and I like the fact that I can buy players that fit into my system and add to that team spirit.
Hope they nail it even better this time.
Will wait a month or two when 17 is released,just to be able to assess how and what the game is all about.
I did edit all my Serie A-B team tactics before starting this campaign,based on guys that I trust,who knows this game,and knows football

Really like the team spirit aswell,and I like the fact that I can buy players that fit into my system and add to that team spirit.
Hope they nail it even better this time.
Will wait a month or two when 17 is released,just to be able to assess how and what the game is all about.
I did edit all my Serie A-B team tactics before starting this campaign,based on guys that I trust,who knows this game,and knows football

Could you wait that long before you buy the new game? I'd have to have it the weekend of release, I didn't adjust any tactics in my Serie A or B Rock but as I got my option file from Pesfan.it I think. . . they seemed to have adjusted them and did great strips for the teams.

Played 2 matches this morning after my 5-2 win in the opener first one against Modena I totally dominated and went one up through Cavasa and really should have put them away but they got a great goal to level and ended 1-1. Next up was Spezia I decided to play my 6' 7" transfer listed centre forward Veerman in place of Cavasa .. he spurned a few absolute sitters in the first 20 mins but was laying off balls and winning headers I was switching between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 but made the breakthrough with a goal from Sanhoune and was dominating midfield but I noticed some scripting kicking in but I actually prevented some certain goals through luck and good defending. . .eventually they scored and I said . . not another draw please. But shortly after that my new signing Tejeda did a remarkable dribble and scored . .. 2-1 to me and they again pushed forward but as soon as I scored the third a super goal from the big fella Veerman they capitulated and I went on to score a fourth with another new signing Sanson and could have got more so 4-1 to me 2 wins and a draw from first three games . .I'll take that.

Could you wait that long before you buy the new game? I'd have to have it the weekend of release, I didn't adjust any tactics in my Serie A or B Rock but as I got my option file from Pesfan.it I think. . . they seemed to have adjusted them and did great strips for the teams.

Played 2 matches this morning after my 5-2 win in the opener first one against Modena I totally dominated and went one up through Cavasa and really should have put them away but they got a great goal to level and ended 1-1. Next up was Spezia I decided to play my 6' 7" transfer listed centre forward Veerman in place of Cavasa .. he spurned a few absolute sitters in the first 20 mins but was laying off balls and winning headers I was switching between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 but made the breakthrough with a goal from Sanhoune and was dominating midfield but I noticed some scripting kicking in but I actually prevented some certain goals through luck and good defending. . .eventually they scored and I said . . not another draw please. But shortly after that my new signing Tejeda did a remarkable dribble and scored . .. 2-1 to me and they again pushed forward but as soon as I scored the third a super goal from the big fella Veerman they capitulated and I went on to score a fourth with another new signing Sanson and could have got more so 4-1 to me 2 wins and a draw from first three games . .I'll take that.

Hope I can wait,think so,rarely buy games on release date,need the first window to close first,and usually game companies have an update early on.
Plus,option files etc,even though I'm on Xbox and gets fucked on those thing,bought 13 tday,will mess around a bit with that.
That's a good run,2 w 1 D.
You'll have succes with 4-3-3 if you have the right players for it,Veerman sounds like monster,can't remember the name,but wasn't there a Czech player,bald motherfucker,who was gigantic?

Got some nasty games coming up late Fiorentina and Inter,also Ado Haag (spelling) in the CL

Hope I can wait,think so,rarely buy games on release date,need the first window to close first,and usually game companies have an update early on.
Plus,option files etc,even though I'm on Xbox and gets fucked on those thing,bought 13 tday,will mess around a bit with that.
That's a good run,2 w 1 D.
You'll have succes with 4-3-3 if you have the right players for it,Veerman sounds like monster,can't remember the name,but wasn't there a Czech player,bald motherfucker,who was gigantic?

Got some nasty games coming up late Fiorentina and Inter,also Ado Haag (spelling) in the CL

Jan koller the big Czech. I always buy Veerman when I use default he's deceptivley fast and great in a tussle scores a few as well very cheap around 300,000 . .they look like tough matches coming up for you.

I had two more matches Ternana and Crotone .. .fairly easy game against Ternana scored a great half volley from thirty yards to lead 1-0 and then doubled it with Casava they pulled one back in the second half 2-1 but Casava finished them off with a second 3-1 final score.

Crotone were next and took the lead with a stupid rubbish goal which was like a pinball machine in my box bouncing around til they toe poked it in 0-1 .. did a great move for the equaliser Tejada made a run down the wing and feinted to cross but then quickly crossed with his other foot into Casava who cushioned a low header away from the keeper 1-1 halftime. Second half I brought on Narverro who made a big difference. Renan my midfielder made a darting run and found space to shoot just inside the box 2-1 to me. Then Crotone started to turn the screw and we looked flat and lifeless so I switched to 3-5-2 and we came to life . .. passing around the edge of the box Narverro picked it up and beat a defender and from outside the box hit a beauty with the outside of his boot which swerved outwards and in off the upright 3-1 .. .I finished them off with a corner, a header which beat the keeper hit the bar and left Casava an easy tap in 4-1 result. .. joint top of the table but for how long?

Jan koller the big Czech. I always buy Veerman when I use default he's deceptivley fast and great in a tussle scores a few as well very cheap around 300,000 . .they look like tough matches coming up for you.

I had two more matches Ternana and Crotone .. .fairly easy game against Ternana scored a great half volley from thirty yards to lead 1-0 and then doubled it with Casava they pulled one back in the second half 2-1 but Casava finished them off with a second 3-1 final score.

Crotone were next and took the lead with a stupid rubbish goal which was like a pinball machine in my box bouncing around til they toe poked it in 0-1 .. did a great move for the equaliser Tejada made a run down the wing and feinted to cross but then quickly crossed with his other foot into Casava who cushioned a low header away from the keeper 1-1 halftime. Second half I brought on Narverro who made a big difference. Renan my midfielder made a darting run and found space to shoot just inside the box 2-1 to me. Then Crotone started to turn the screw and we looked flat and lifeless so I switched to 3-5-2 and we came to life . .. passing around the edge of the box Narverro picked it up and beat a defender and from outside the box hit a beauty with the outside of his boot which swerved outwards and in off the upright 3-1 .. .I finished them off with a corner, a header which beat the keeper hit the bar and left Casava an easy tap in 4-1 result. .. joint top of the table but for how long?
Great start,naah you'll hold on for a while up there,until Konami decides otherwise:)
Do you usually play Italian teams?

Played 3 matches tonight Bari who were recently relegated and I expected them to be strong and I was right . ..a comprehensive 3-0 win for them 3 great goals .. . one was a crossfield pass in midfield and the receiver then crossed it on a half volley to a runner who dinked it over my keeper.

Second up was Frosinone who usually piss all over me . .. it was a close game great football by both of us .. . they went ahead through a silly penalty that I gave away 1-0 . .second half they scored again 2-0 the same old story I thought . . so I changed to a 3-5-2 and brought on Rozzi for Cavasa and we started to rally. . the chances were coming and I scored but it was offside . . .so I kept plugging away and Tejeda my master stroke signing picked it up and was just keeping off a challenge. . when he hit the ball and it went over the keeper hit the crossbar bounced on the line and trickled in .. looked great 2-1. . .time was rapidly running out when I hopefully hit it to Rozzi outside the box with 4 defenders around him. . . .King made a run into space in the box but I held onto it and turned and ran for goal with them all snapping at my ankles .. . and buried it 2-2. . 93 mins on the clock .. 1 min left when my left full appeared upfront somehow and found himself inside the box with the keeper to beat . .. and nearly hit the linesman with his shot . . .what an anti climax, so a draw it is. I'm down to fourth in the table now forgot to say.

Next was the Tim cup first round against Sampdoria. . good god was I out of my depth ..the gulf in class I couldn't even hold onto the ball . .they'd swarm around me. .their defence was rock solid although I managed to breach it a couple of times . .their keeper kept doing one-handed saves . .the pressure they were putting on me when I had the
ball. . it ended 6-0 to Sampdoria no complaints . .if that's what's facing me in Serie A I think it will be a short stay if I get there.

Last edited:
Played 3 matches tonight Bari who were recently relegated and I expected them to be strong and I was right . ..a comprehensive 3-0 win for them 3 great goals .. . one was a crossfield pass in midfield and the receiver then crossed it on a half volley to a runner who dinked it over my keeper.

Second up was Frosinone who usually piss all over me . .. it was a close game great football by both of us .. . they went ahead through a silly penalty that I gave away 1-0 . .second half they scored again 2-0 the same old story I thought . . so I changed to a 3-5-2 and brought on Rozzi for Cavasa and we started to rally. . the chances were coming and I scored but it was offside . . .so I kept plugging away and Tejeda my master stroke signing picked it up and was just keeping off a challenge. . when he hit the ball and it went over the keeper hit the crossbar bounced on the line and trickled in .. looked great 2-1. . .time was rapidly running out when I hopefully hit it to Rozzi outside the box with 4 defenders around him. . . .King made a run into space in the box but I held onto it and turned and ran for goal with them all snapping at my ankles .. . and buried it 2-2. . 93 mins on the clock .. 1 min left when my left full appeared upfront somehow and found himself inside the box with the keeper to beat . .. and nearly hit the linesman with his shot . . .what an anti climax, so a draw it is. I'm down to fourth in the table now forgot to say.

Next was the Tim cup first round against Sampdoria. . good god was I out of my depth ..the gulf in class I couldn't even hold onto the ball . .they'd swarm around me. .their defence was rock solid although I managed to breach it a couple of times . .their keeper kept doing one-handed saves . .the pressure they were putting on me when I had the
ball. . it ended 6-0 to Sampdoria no complaints . .if that's what's facing me in Serie A I think it will be a short stay if I get there.

Yeah can imagine the step up from Serie B might be rough as hell if not prepared.
Rough league games there,even though a comeback vs Frosinone is a great effort.
Getting ready to play my 2-3 games soon,it's a bummer not being able to play early evening,but gotta keep the peace at home.
First up,Novara 2nd leg in the first round of the cup

2nd leg in Coppa italia,won the first away with 2-0.
Rainy,afternoon,and all my players on blue arrows,and those were my reserves.
Novara went for it straight away,pressing my high up,when I attacked they defended well.
Not a whole lot to write home about,squeezed in the winner late second,shot that hit the post,straight out to my fw,1-0.
My boys underachieved,but being on blue arrows and fatigued,ok in the end.
Through to the next round.

2nd game.
My third group game in the CL ,home vs Ado Den Haag.
Needed a win,only one point from my first two games.
1-0 on my first attack,Nico Gaitan,shot that the goalie couldn't hold.
2-0 9th minute,Gaitan again.
Felt really smooth,first time in a long time my players felt that way.
3-0 by the man of the match ,Insigne outside foot,post in from 25 m,beauty.
ADO had zilch,niente,nothing.
Went both 4 and 5-0 up mid second half,only bad focus for a second let them back in again,making it 5-1.
Game ended that way,third in my CL group,looks like a tough one,but will rest players for important games here.

Next stop Fiorentina.
Boring as fuck,both teams played cattenacci defence,didn't commit to attacking at all.
As was happy with a 0-0 draw.

Next game Atalanta at home.
Being in 8th place,even though it's tight,Cagliari top of the league( wuuut?" needed three points here.
Started fab,short passing outside the box left Insigne with a few meters of space,a bullet that bounced just in front of the GK
1-0
In the 12th after applying pressure and havoc in their def,I threaded the ball between two def and placed left corner for 2-0.
Started the game with my defence very high up,to apply pressure,and that tactic kept giving in the second.
All they had was long balls,and my def cleared and headed them easily away.
3-0 came on a through ball after switching the ball left then right and left again,their def broke down like a used Russian car.
The last 30 m I became a bit sloppy,changed to a more def lineup,mistake I think,should have kept them whipped.
Cross into my box,Zouma,my CB slipped and they headed in 3-1 easy.
85th my left def Hysaj made a mistake,instead of clearing a cross,decided to take it in,lost it and 3-2.

Game ended with that score,3-2 me
Good solid win despite a few errors that could have cost me the game.
Started the game pretty much with my strongest lineup.
Insigne,Chamberlain,Salvio are deadly on my MF
Gave my backup keeper a go though
Next up Udinese away

Last edited:
2nd leg in Coppa italia,won the first away with 2-0.
Rainy,afternoon,and all my players on blue arrows,and those were my reserves.
Novara went for it straight away,pressing my high up,when I attacked they defended well.
Not a whole lot to write home about,squeezed in the winner late second,shot that hit the post,straight out to my fw,1-0.
My boys underachieved,but being on blue arrows and fatigued,ok in the end.
Through to the next round.

2nd game.
My third group game in the CL ,home vs Ado Den Haag.
Needed a win,only one point from my first two games.
1-0 on my first attack,Nico Gaitan,shot that the goalie couldn't hold.
2-0 9th minute,Gaitan again.
Felt really smooth,first time in a long time my players felt that way.
3-0 by the man of the match ,Insigne outside foot,post in from 25 m,beauty.
ADO had zilch,niente,nothing.
Went both 4 and 5-0 up mid second half,only bad focus for a second let them back in again,making it 5-1.
Game ended that way,third in my CL group,looks like a tough one,but will rest players for important games here.

Next stop Fiorentina.
Boring as fuck,both teams played cattenacci defence,didn't commit to attacking at all.
As was happy with a 0-0 draw.

Next game Atalanta at home.
Being in 8th place,even though it's tight,Cagliari top of the league( wuuut?" needed three points here.
Started fab,short passing outside the box left Insigne with a few meters of space,a bullet that bounced just in front of the GK
1-0
In the 12th after applying pressure and havoc in their def,I threaded the ball between two def and placed left corner for 2-0.
Started the game with my defence very high up,to apply pressure,and that tactic kept giving in the second.
All they had was long balls,and my def cleared and headed them easily away.
3-0 came on a through ball after switching the ball left then right and left again,their def broke down like a used Russian car.
The last 30 m I became a bit sloppy,changed to a more def lineup,mistake I think,should have kept them whipped.
Cross into my box,Zouma,my CB slipped and they headed in 3-1 easy.
85th my left def Hysaj made a mistake,instead of clearing a cross,decided to take it in,lost it and 3-2.

Game ended with that score,3-2 me
Good solid win despite a few errors that could have cost me the game.
Started the game pretty much with my strongest lineup.
Insigne,Chamberlain,Salvio are deadly on my MF
Gave my backup keeper a go though
Next up Udinese away

Udinese? My team . .go easy on them. I forgot to answer your question Rock. . I usually play either the Italian Leagues or the Spanish but I normally play as Italy in International comps.

Good wins for you that's a good draw against Fiorentina. . . they can be tricky. . love F.matias. Good win in champions League with blue arrows. . . I think you just took your foot off the pedal aginst Atlanta . . .you'll start motoring up that table soon.

Quick update had two matches first was Ascoli where I lost 1-2 very frustrating game where nothing would come good for me although they're defence was really strong.

Next up Vercelli . .a complete stalemate 0-0 at halftime very evenly balanced though they were dangerous. . .second half decided to bring on the big lad Veerman he was on a red arrow . .wow changed eveything he scored straight away 0-1 but they were well in the game. .. .I pulled off a clever 1-2 on the right wing to Veerman and he chested and did a half volley to the roof of the net 0-2 .. . .he had another chance straight after that and shot against the underside of the crossbar down on the line and bounced out. . . .they then had chance after chance to score and if I'm honest they should have won on chances alone .. .so 0-2 to me and I'm third in the table.

Udinese? My team . .go easy on them. I forgot to answer your question Rock. . I usually play either the Italian Leagues or the Spanish but I normally play as Italy in International comps.

Good wins for you that's a good draw against Fiorentina. . . they can be tricky. . love F.matias. Good win in champions League with blue arrows. . . I think you just took your foot off the pedal aginst Atlanta . . .you'll start motoring up that table soon.
Yupp,went from 8th to first after my win vs Atalanta.
Tight affair,5pts between 1st and 9th now

Quick update had two matches first was Ascoli where I lost 1-2 very frustrating game where nothing would come good for me although they're defence was really strong.

Next up Vercelli . .a complete stalemate 0-0 at halftime very evenly balanced though they were dangerous. . .second half decided to bring on the big lad Veerman he was on a red arrow . .wow changed eveything he scored straight away 0-1 but they were well in the game. .. .I pulled off a clever 1-2 on the right wing to Veerman and he chested and did a half volley to the roof of the net 0-2 .. . .he had another chance straight after that and shot against the underside of the crossbar down on the line and bounced out. . . .they then had chance after chance to score and if I'm honest they should have won on chances alone .. .so 0-2 to me and I'm third in the table.
Massive win there,better start to figure out how to survive in Serie A next season.
This has to be one of your best starts?
Still starting 4-3-3?

Massive win there,better start to figure out how to survive in Serie A next season.
This has to be one of your best starts?
Still starting 4-3-3?

Yeh still playing 4-3-3 Rock but if it's not working I switch to 3-5-2 . .it works sometimes . .doubt very much if I'll be in Serie A next year. It is my best start though I remember winning 6 wins in a row mid season one time.

5 points between 1st and 9th in your campaign? That's very tight indeed.

Had two more games played Novara and romped to an easy 4-1 win . .I was allowed play without restraint and was 2-0 up in the first 10 mins easy game. Next was Terana and what a game this was. . had to fight tooth and nail for every inch on the pitch . ..I began to assert my superiority or so I was led to believe and was coming close on a number of occassions but wouldn't you know it . .they score a goal out of the blue in the second half .. . a knockdown and volley sucker punch. I tried everything brought on subs ,changed tactics and then changed them back but they got their toes to everything first. . .I had one decent chance late in the half and thought it was in. . I tried a quick low pass from the wing in front of the box and Tutinho slid as he hit it first time. .it went like a bullet . .had the keeper beaten but crashed against the crossbar and was cleared, then they started timewasting. So a 1-0 defeat. . should have been a draw . .fourth in the table now

Had two more games played Novara and romped to an easy 4-1 win . .I was allowed play without restraint and was 2-0 up in the first 10 mins easy game. Next was Terana and what a game this was. . had to fight tooth and nail for every inch on the pitch . ..I began to assert my superiority or so I was led to believe and was coming close on a number of occassions but wouldn't you know it . .they score a goal out of the blue in the second half .. . a knockdown and volley sucker punch. I tried everything brought on subs ,changed tactics and then changed them back but they got their toes to everything first. . .I had one decent chance late in the half and thought it was in. . I tried a quick low pass from the wing in front of the box and Tutinho slid as he hit it first time. .it went like a bullet . .had the keeper beaten but crashed against the crossbar and was cleared, then they started timewasting. So a 1-0 defeat. . should have been a draw . .fourth in the table now
Bummer man!
Good win in the first one.
Sometimes the score,even if it stings,is not always important,have had games were I'd lose or had a draw,but felt great afterwards.
That magic that comes around every once in a while,that magic that I've never had with FIFA,had good games there,but the magic,not really there.

Yes sir very tight indeed,gets tighter and tighter every season,only 7-8 games in yet,but last season was a race to the finish line.
Had a quick peak in the 17 thread,big mistake,looks like some people are sharpening their knives in there.

Bummer man!
Good win in the first one.
Sometimes the score,even if it stings,is not always important,have had games were I'd lose or had a draw,but felt great afterwards.
That magic that comes around every once in a while,that magic that I've never had with FIFA,had good games there,but the magic,not really there.

Yes sir very tight indeed,gets tighter and tighter every season,only 7-8 games in yet,but last season was a race to the finish line.
Had a quick peak in the 17 thread,big mistake,looks like some people are sharpening their knives in there.

Tell me about it. ..not gonna name names I wonder about some of them are they really Pes fans. Some of them still insisting the game that we are playing is shite .. .. I don't think they can see the changes. I'm not saying anymore about it.

Tell me about it. ..not gonna name names I wonder about some of them are they really Pes fans. Some of them still insisting the game that we are playing is shite .. .. I don't think they can see the changes. I'm not saying anymore about it.
Got ya!
Fired up my Fifa an hour ago,just so id know what i was talking about.
I understand why some play it,good for them,dont understand why they dont understand why we play Pes?
Anyway,dabbing around with my 11,like it,and got a copy of 13 coming in next few days.
Said it before,but haven't done it on 16, 20 m games,It's amazing on 11.
Must give it a go,saw a clip from Ron Mexico,notorious PES player on operation sport,he plays/played 16 on 20 min.
Trying it against you/Udinese later on

Yeh geeeeeee on Ps3 but got a ps4 last week for new pes. . .my files are from Pesfan.it Italian stuff.

Thanks Deco, I actually bought a hard copy for my PS3 because I have digital copy and it's difficult to find option files. I found one on pesgaming that's really good. Hoping to give my brother a game tomorrow to see if I can twist his arm away from PES5 that will save me doing more editing. :COOL:

I'm also playing the game on PS4 and be just knocked it up to top player, really enjoying it at the moment. I like the simple quick menu's top scorer, assist, and stuff. Liking the game still a lot although one thing that I have noticed is that if a team is set up not to cross they don't cross at all. Which can make it a bit predictable when the CPU is on the wing. It would be nice if there was an option for crosses 'occasionally' not 'never' , I think it has something to do with teams set up with long passing.

But as I said I am still enjoying it and actually look forward to playing it every day. Something that hasn't happened for me for quite a while. I also quite like the commentating which is a first for me. Normally I turn it off straight away but Peter Drury stays quiet enough to sound interesting if that makes sense. The commentating on FIFA is non stop and they start rambling on about nothing.

Sorry I'm not giving much of an update regarding my ML, haven't got as much time as you guys it seems. Especially Anjin! Heh good to see you here too. :))

Also I just pre ordered PES2017, one copy for PS4 and two for PS3 :BRMM:

Thanks Deco, I actually bought a hard copy for my PS3 because I have digital copy and it's difficult to find option files. I found one on pesgaming that's really good. Hoping to give my brother a game tomorrow to see if I can twist his arm away from PES5 that will save me doing more editing. :COOL:

I'm also playing the game on PS4 and be just knocked it up to top player, really enjoying it at the moment. I like the simple quick menu's top scorer, assist, and stuff. Liking the game still a lot although one thing that I have noticed is that if a team is set up not to cross they don't cross at all. Which can make it a bit predictable when the CPU is on the wing. It would be nice if there was an option for crosses 'occasionally' not 'never' , I think it has something to do with teams set up with long passing.

But as I said I am still enjoying it and actually look forward to playing it every day. Something that hasn't happened for me for quite a while. I also quite like the commentating which is a first for me. Normally I turn it off straight away but Peter Drury stays quiet enough to sound interesting if that makes sense. The commentating on FIFA is non stop and they start rambling on about nothing.

Sorry I'm not giving much of an update regarding my ML, haven't got as much time as you guys it seems. Especially Anjin! Heh good to see you here too. :))

Also I just pre ordered PES2017, one copy for PS4 and two for PS3 :BRMM:

What do you mean set up to not cross? If the cpu is set up to attack wide they should cross . .I take it that's why they're out on the wing . .to cross into the box.

Back
Top Bottom