The Master League adventures thread

I checked my old games and I have all the Pes titles but pes 2011 pes 4,5 6 are all on xbox 360 which I don't have anymore. Are you giving up Pes 2016?

Quick update I played 3 games tonight first up Livorno tough match . .they went 2 up in the first half. . . so in the second half I tinkered with the tactics and brought on Narverro . . he was brill on the ball he passed to Cavasa who placed one in from the edge of the box 1-2 . .then I witnessed absolute robbery by a bent as fuck ref . . .Narverro got through inside the box and got taken from behind blatant peno. . .ref didn't bat an eyelid. .I was really on top now and Narverro did a great move and flicked the ball over his head and sent a through ball in the air into my winger who shot .. . the keeper saved it and it went up against the Crossbar . .Cavasa shot on the rebound and the keeper parried it away. . frantic stuff. .soon after Cavasa scored the equaliser and then Narverro went on a run in injury time beat two players and was about to pull the trigger and got hacked down the same way again and it was ignored . . .Robbed. 2-2.

Second match was against latina a weak side who did a smash n grab 2-0 they won.

Third match was against Lanciano and was a corker they got two scripted goals to lead 0-2 at half time entertaining game. . .second half I changed my tactics to 4-3-3 and went for it I scored an easy goal through Casava 1-2 and had them on the backfoot or so I thought . .have to say they scored a great third goal. . well worked 1-3 so I brought on Narverro who did nothing and King on the left wing who was recommended by the scout .. .he kept drifting inside without my instructions. . so he picked it up in an Am position and was tapped from behind on the heels and stumbled but kept the ball and unleashed an amazing left foot shot which went high and then dipped into the top corner with the keeper in full flight . .wow 2-3. . .our tails are up now and attacking at every chance and our man King cuts in from the wing beats a player and drills the ball past the keeper absolute rocket 3-3 with a couple of mins left I kept trying for the winner but the ref blew the final whistle. .amazing match. Must use King some more.

Haven't gone away,messing around with 11 for a while,it will be my "project" kits logos and so on.
Still plays well,a fun game,but 16 is so good in comparison,like night and day.
That's getting my blood boiling,over at the 17 thread,comparing old games to this one,won't rant to much,but they are so far from reality there.

All stats are from in game,searching players manually,and always checking budget before the season.
And as I'm nerdy as fuck,writing stuff down,keeping notes,found old stat sheets from PES 6 the other day:)
PES will be my main game for a long time mate,loving it passionately,best footie game I've played,so won't be rushing/craving for 17

Blaming the ref for your tie vs Livorno are we?
Sounds like a real good game,even if you've got proper fucked
Yeah King seems to be working out fine for ya,smashing game mate,love those comebacks,even if they "only" results in a draw
Where are you in the table?

Played an away fixture vs Torino,always rough games vs them.
This time around,with my new players,all scouted to fit in to my system,it was a breeze.
1-0 after 9min,2-0 after 21.
They didn't stand a chance,kept possession,slow the game down,played the ball to my def,and then turned on the juice,and went for it,time after time,same procedure.
They just hoofed away first half.
Second they started to have more possession,and had two very good chances,1-1 with Lopez,he saved,and a crossed header that hit the post.
Finished them off in the 67th with 3-0.
They tried everything to equalise, no dice,just played the game off.

Funny thing with team spirit and playing after team instructionslus with very good players,it's all so smooth.
You win tackles,opponents are missing more,you come out of a tackle with the ball.
Haven't felt scripting,the way I felt it when my team was weaker,in a very long time.

And Insigne....omg baby,he's so fucking good.
Best Buy I've ever made,rips holes on the wings,goes through and around central MF/def like a hot knife through butter.
And he's so good defensively.
Like throwing in a bag of wasps into someone's living room "try defend now motherfucker"
Obviously I'm having the time of my life with these guys
Btw,since I got PS3 I'll add my psn in my bio/info,in case we play the odd old PES game in the future.
Forza.

Haven't gone away,messing around with 11 for a while,it will be my "project" kits logos and so on.
Still plays well,a fun game,but 16 is so good in comparison,like night and day.
That's getting my blood boiling,over at the 17 thread,comparing old games to this one,won't rant to much,but they are so far from reality there.

All stats are from in game,searching players manually,and always checking budget before the season.
And as I'm nerdy as fuck,writing stuff down,keeping notes,found old stat sheets from PES 6 the other day:)
PES will be my main game for a long time mate,loving it passionately,best footie game I've played,so won't be rushing/craving for 17

Blaming the ref for your tie vs Livorno are we?
Sounds like a real good game,even if you've got proper fucked
Yeah King seems to be working out fine for ya,smashing game mate,love those comebacks,even if they "only" results in a draw
Where are you in the table?

Played an away fixture vs Torino,always rough games vs them.
This time around,with my new players,all scouted to fit in to my system,it was a breeze.
1-0 after 9min,2-0 after 21.
They didn't stand a chance,kept possession,slow the game down,played the ball to my def,and then turned on the juice,and went for it,time after time,same procedure.
They just hoofed away first half.
Second they started to have more possession,and had two very good chances,1-1 with Lopez,he saved,and a crossed header that hit the post.
Finished them off in the 67th with 3-0.
They tried everything to equalise, no dice,just played the game off.

Funny thing with team spirit and playing after team instructionslus with very good players,it's all so smooth.
You win tackles,opponents are missing more,you come out of a tackle with the ball.
Haven't felt scripting,the way I felt it when my team was weaker,in a very long time.

And Insigne....omg baby,he's so fucking good.
Best Buy I've ever made,rips holes on the wings,goes through and around central MF/def like a hot knife through butter.
And he's so good defensively.
Like throwing in a bag of wasps into someone's living room "try defend now motherfucker"
Obviously I'm having the time of my life with these guys
Btw,since I got PS3 I'll add my psn in my bio/info,in case we play the odd old PES game in the future.
Forza.

You have stuff written down from pes 6? ha ha ha. Talking about blaming the ref I honestly never saw that happening before where the defender runs in from behind and chops his legs without even touching the ball and walks off .. .scripting but better than giving away a cheap shite goal. I'm 9th in the table and still in with a chance of a playoff but as I said Rock it's a different game when you use default it takes a long time to get to the top. . I know if I got promoted I'd go straight back down.

You're in a good spot now in Master league . .. I know Insigne and the Italians well as I use them as my International team all the time.

Don't laugh but I've never played online and I haven't played another human since 2000 . .I know I sound like Tom Hanks in Castaway. .When we're ready in the future I'll have a few matches with you . .btw people don't realise that there's scripting in human v human as well.

Okay, so...

I was planing on buying PES 16 when price drops low enough for my liking - since FIFA 16 offline is so bland for me. Initially I disliked it (1.03 patch...non-steam version) but you guys praise new one I so checked again. Cdkeys.com had it for 9€, that's as much as I was willing to pay for it. Downloaded license patch, started the same way I did last time - Belenenses, Professional, Full Manual. While first game (4-4 with Porto) didn't impress me at all - so many scripted goals conceded - next ones turned everything on its head.

Bear with me this post is long as shit please don't crucify me.

QKca0qo.jpg

Home League

My season here could be separated in three periods.
First - building up TS, where I would barely draw with last team Nacional, or beat Europa League contenders up to 5-1. I was conceding goals every single game. Always some dumb shit, couldn't stand it. But more often than not I would score more.
Second - after few devastating victories my TS skyrocketed into 80s when rest of the league (with exception of top three teams) remained in 50s. Belenenses went on a rampage. I've lost my first game on 16th Fixture (Pacos) but went back to winning afterwards. Shame Sporting was doing slightly better, always point ahead of me. They had the best defence and I had the best attack.
Third - when Belenenses was going ahead full speed, but I assume either scripts started coming into play, or AI teams got their TS up higher - both could be true. I was well in 90s, AI reached 85 at best. Games became much harder, but on the bright side, my TS finally affected my defending. Defenders were extremely responsive and well-positioned, even my average GK Ventura saved me quite a few times. Most of the time I would win 2-0, 2-1, with random 5-0 here and there, but also draws. Sporting was just point ahead of me, we would swap places sometimes but I couldn't hold advantage.

Last few games I have lost my shit for a while. First came defeat with 6th Arouca (2-3), first time I was feeling scripted, but not all that much. Then a series of draws - Sporting secured the title - and last two games. Uniao Madeira was 15th, and scripts started working again. That was the worst game of the season for me :| Like my TS stopped making any difference. It ended with a draw (3:3), but Porto and Benfica got dangerously close and I could lose my CL spot. And my last game of the season was...Sporting. Another 3:3, I wasn't happy with my defenders but AI Sporting is a commendable foe, perfect organization in the back (they conceded 17 goals in 34 games) and even then I've pierced them three times. Really good game and praise the Lord - Benfica lost again and I've dropped to third place. Champions League saved, at least that.

4-3-3 formation with Miguel Rosa (LWF), Fabio Sturgeon (SS) and Fabio Martins (bought from Braga, RWF) could be mistaken for Wehrmacht charging through Soviet Union. They were fast, strong, and packed one hell of a punch. And they had great support in AMF behind them, Tiago Silva, with fantastic stats to begin with and potential to become one of the best. These four together got about 60 goals this season, with Fabio Sturgeon scoring 25 and being Liga NOS top scorer. Sadly, the same as Wehrmacht, their advance was brought to a halt at some point. Can AI change their tactics without changing manager? Because I swear they were parking the bus against me in the second half of season :D And it's great! Because I was in fact one of the best scoring teams in Europe. In the end I had 74 goals in 34 games, but also 35 conceded (more than one per game :/). But we'll get to our team later.

Taca do Portugal

Home cup. That's where Angelo Miuratti, Belenenses' manager born in San Marino, won his first trophy. There's only one game like in England so it was tense af. Went through Vitoria Setubal, then Sporting - but I won 1:0, then Arouca - right after our league game which I've lost - but I managed to stop them in penalties (5-4), and Porto at the end...I hate playing Porto - term "lucky bastards" sums them up. They aren't even that good ffs. Moment of anger came when they equalised in 120th minute because of bullshit, but konami knew who was the winner. Porto missed two pens, I scored 'em all, and with 4-2 result Belenenses won its first trophy since 1989 (also league cup and super cup too). Yaaay :)

Europa League

It was...different. I hated my group - two fake teams (Kholugavinsk(?) and Cherchizimija what the fuck!) and Liverpool. Fake teams weren't a problem, Liverpool was interesting. Home game - they've equalised in 95th minute damn bastards! Away game - they scored two early, and then gave two away in the span of three minutes. So two draws, and because I simulated the last game against fake I ended up second. But we thru!

Athletic Bilbao. 95 TS, I was still in 80s. Home game, easy 2:0 for Basques. Away game, Miguel Rosa bombs the goal quickly and the hope is back. But Athletic equalizes, dammit. Fabio Sturgeon responded instantly and then the race started...finally, in 82nd minute Fabio Martins luckily defeated Iraizoz and omg we thru again.

Lille was a waste of time. 3:2 away, 2:0 home, ez ez ez, Belenenses in the last Portuguese team in European competitions.

Inter...too strong for me, but they were lucky a bit. First game fell apart out of nowhere. 1:1 for most of the game, then two lucky goals for DRIVER guys. Away game was even worse, 0:3 and we ain't thru anymore :|

But surprisingly I wasn't angry all that much. Inter was way stronger than me, also they were competing for title in Serie A. In the end they won Europa League, beating Everton 1:0.

Fabio Sturgeon with ten goals in eleven games was top striker of the competition.

Transfers

There were plenty, because I had to replace my entire defensive line. I feel they are better than in 15 this year (no Real asking for my oldest worst defenders), most of the time it was teams of my level or slightly higher asking. Purchasing best guys from weaker Portuguese teams costed a bit but it was worth it. Also, did they fixed Free Agents? Up to PES 15 you used to be able to build amazing team right off the bat after first season, since many good players would just not get new contracts. Meanwhile in this ML I saw nobody worth hiring. A good change?

Player development

Definitely improved. I like new system, although it was weird to see my LB Luis Rocha "dramatically improve" for three months :D Some people went 5-6 OVR up, although it never tells full story - their individual stats skyrocketed. Rocha is the finest example, he had potential when I bought him, but after improving he became nimble navigator, fastest on the team, sometimes out of spite I would just run through entire pitch with him. But how can you not do that? This guy is pure gold. Joao Cancelo on the other side of the pitch still has some work to do. On the left side my R&R (Rosa & Rocha) is just too damn good.

Stamina and injuries

My #1 issue at the moment, which says something about scripting. There are still no injuries, I can use the same team every single game - because stamina means nothing. Or does it? Have you guys ever seen any effect of empty stamina bar during match? I don't. In older PES it would absolutely devastate me, but here, no problem. Maybe it's more realistic, these days footballers are playing games every three days and remain fresh through entire year, but I miss the challenge :( Does the form (arrows) really do anything? I know it did in PES 6, but now? Any experience? Guys?

Guuuuys?

TS & Scripting

Confusing. Because sometimes, when TS difference was huge game was literally forcing me to win. There were matches where I would grab the ball of defenders with my attackers and pack goals after goals.

Something's not right with this system. Can't really grasp it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe I need more time to understand it, but tbh I don't mind idea of clear scripting - at least you know whatchu can expect.

You guys said first season is the worst with scripts, and while I felt their presence, especially late in the season, they weren't as nerve-wrecking as in PES 15 for example. I still remember my ML with Go Ahead Eagles, Superstar, CL semifinal and Fellaini scoring volley from 45 meters in extra time or beating I was delivered in Eredivisie by way weaker teams...it wasn't as extreme. My league loss against Arouca angered me, but next game in cup convinced me it might be down to tactics - they were never easy for me. Only draw with Uniao Madeira mentioned earlier felt 100% scripted against me really. I was engaged in the game through entire season and while this kind of outcome would make me uninstall PES 15, here I was...okay with it. Fair game to Sporting, fair game to all teams who stopped me. It feels...unusual :D

Belenenses itself

I thought they were weaker! I wanted a team from Portugal, but couldn't pick anybody else. Beleneses, with their emblem resembling Crusader banners and beautiful shirts (amazingly blue <3) is irresistible for me. Speaking of squad itself, offensive power is immense - Tiago Silva and Fabio Sturgeon are both 21, bright future ahead. AI teams already offer 20M€ for Tiago :D

Miguel Rosa is another story. Educated in...Benfica, a talent wasted by them, ended up in Belenenses. He has really decent stats - slower than his partners, but great with passing and shooting - and also Captaincy trait(?). He became captain straight away and will remain so forever :D

Fabio Martins for long was behing the rest slightly, but when "dramatic development" thing started he went on a rampage. Scored so many important goals. Don't think I can replace him :D

It was defence that needed changes. And I replaced my entire defensive line. Goalkeeper was the last to change - Ventura was getting better with the season, but I've already bought Anthony Lopes from Lyon, stats difference is huge, but I bet it will take a few games to get my TS back to 99.

I try to buy Portuguese/Portuguese-speaking players for the most part. Although I consider grabbing Calhanoglu from...Braga :D Not sure how they got him.

Whatever the transfer policy will be, 16/17 season will be tough at the start. First supercup with Sporting. Then CL qualifiers with Valencia. I have to get to CL this year. If not, I'll end up in Europa League, and if I won't win it it'll be disappointing :/

Screenshots!

Teamlist, lineup, and manager himself :D Forgot to take results screenshots at the end of last season :(

S9vxzYd.jpg

yglOjl5.jpg

WWRPavG.jpg

wAhZ9xz.jpg

Longest. Post. Ever. Yet again on these forums.
Can I get a reward now? :D

Last edited:
Okay, so...

I was planing on buying PES 16 when price drops low enough for my liking - since FIFA 16 offline is so bland for me. Initially I disliked it (1.03 patch...non-steam version) but you guys praise new one I so checked again. Cdkeys.com had it for 9€, that's as much as I was willing to pay for it. Downloaded license patch, started the same way I did last time - Belenenses, Professional, Full Manual. While first game (4-4 with Porto) didn't impress me at all - so many scripted goals conceded - next ones turned everything on its head.

Bear with me this post is long as shit please don't crucify me.

QKca0qo.jpg

Home League

My season here could be separated in three periods.
First - building up TS, where I would barely draw with last team Nacional, or beat Europa League contenders up to 5-1. I was conceding goals every single game. Always some dumb shit, couldn't stand it. But more often than not I would score more.
Second - after few devastating victories my TS skyrocketed into 80s when rest of the league (with exception of top three teams) remained in 50s. Belenenses went on a rampage. I've lost my first game on 16th Fixture (Pacos) but went back to winning afterwards. Shame Sporting was doing slightly better, always point ahead of me. They had the best defence and I had the best attack.
Third - when Belenenses was going ahead full speed, but I assume either scripts started coming into play, or AI teams got their TS up higher - both could be true. I was well in 90s, AI reached 85 at best. Games became much harder, but on the bright side, my TS finally affected my defending. Defenders were extremely responsive and well-positioned, even my average GK Ventura saved me quite a few times. Most of the time I would win 2-0, 2-1, with random 5-0 here and there, but also draws. Sporting was just point ahead of me, we would swap places sometimes but I couldn't hold advantage.

Last few games I have lost my shit for a while. First came defeat with 6th Arouca (2-3), first time I was feeling scripted, but not all that much. Then a series of draws - Sporting secured the title - and last two games. Uniao Madeira was 15th, and scripts started working again. That was the worst game of the season for me :| Like my TS stopped making any difference. It ended with a draw (3:3), but Porto and Benfica got dangerously close and I could lose my CL spot. And my last game of the season was...Sporting. Another 3:3, I wasn't happy with my defenders but AI Sporting is a commendable foe, perfect organization in the back (they conceded 17 goals in 34 games) and even then I've pierced them three times. Really good game and praise the Lord - Benfica lost again and I've dropped to third place. Champions League saved, at least that.

4-3-3 formation with Miguel Rosa (LWF), Fabio Sturgeon (SS) and Fabio Martins (bought from Braga, RWF) could be mistaken for Wehrmacht charging through Soviet Union. They were fast, strong, and packed one hell of a punch. And they had great support in AMF behind them, Tiago Silva, with fantastic stats to begin with and potential to become one of the best. These four together got about 60 goals this season, with Fabio Sturgeon scoring 25 and being Liga NOS top scorer. Sadly, the same as Wehrmacht, their advance was brought to a halt at some point. Can AI change their tactics without changing manager? Because I swear they were parking the bus against me in the second half of season :D And it's great! Because I was in fact one of the best scoring teams in Europe. In the end I had 74 goals in 34 games, but also 35 conceded (more than one per game :/). But we'll get to our team later.

Taca do Portugal

Home cup. That's where Angelo Miuratti, Belenenses' manager born in San Marino, won his first trophy. There's only one game like in England so it was tense af. Went through Vitoria Setubal, then Sporting - but I won 1:0, then Arouca - right after our league game which I've lost - but I managed to stop them in penalties (5-4), and Porto at the end...I hate playing Porto - term "lucky bastards" sums them up. They aren't even that good ffs. Moment of anger came when they equalised in 120th minute because of bullshit, but konami knew who was the winner. Porto missed two pens, I scored 'em all, and with 4-2 result Belenenses won its first trophy since 1989 (also league cup and super cup too). Yaaay :)

Europa League

It was...different. I hated my group - two fake teams (Kholugavinsk(?) and Cherchizimija what the fuck!) and Liverpool. Fake teams weren't a problem, Liverpool was interesting. Home game - they've equalised in 95th minute damn bastards! Away game - they scored two early, and then gave two away in the span of three minutes. So two draws, and because I simulated the last game against fake I ended up second. But we thru!

Athletic Bilbao. 95 TS, I was still in 80s. Home game, easy 2:0 for Basques. Away game, Miguel Rosa bombs the goal quickly and the hope is back. But Athletic equalizes, dammit. Fabio Sturgeon responded instantly and then the race started...finally, in 82nd minute Fabio Martins luckily defeated Iraizoz and omg we thru again.

Lille was a waste of time. 3:2 away, 2:0 home, ez ez ez, Belenenses in the last Portuguese team in European competitions.

Inter...too strong for me, but they were lucky a bit. First game fell apart out of nowhere. 1:1 for most of the game, then two lucky goals for DRIVER guys. Away game was even worse, 0:3 and we ain't thru anymore :|

But surprisingly I wasn't angry all that much. Inter was way stronger than me, also they were competing for title in Serie A. In the end they won Europa League, beating Everton 1:0.

Fabio Sturgeon with ten goals in eleven games was top striker of the competition.

Transfers

There were plenty, because I had to replace my entire defensive line. I feel they are better than in 15 this year (no Real asking for my oldest worst defenders), most of the time it was teams of my level or slightly higher asking. Purchasing best guys from weaker Portuguese teams costed a bit but it was worth it. Also, did they fixed Free Agents? Up to PES 15 you used to be able to build amazing team right off the bat after first season, since many good players would just not get new contracts. Meanwhile in this ML I saw nobody worth hiring. A good change?

Player development

Definitely improved. I like new system, although it was weird to see my LB Luis Rocha "dramatically improve" for three months :D Some people went 5-6 OVR up, although it never tells full story - their individual stats skyrocketed. Rocha is the finest example, he had potential when I bought him, but after improving he became nimble navigator, fastest on the team, sometimes out of spite I would just run through entire pitch with him. But how can you not do that? This guy is pure gold. Joao Cancelo on the other side of the pitch still has some work to do. On the left side my R&R (Rosa & Rocha) is just too damn good.

Stamina and injuries

My #1 issue at the moment, which says something about scripting. There are still no injuries, I can use the same team every single game - because stamina means nothing. Or does it? Have you guys ever seen any effect of empty stamina bar during match? I don't. In older PES it would absolutely devastate me, but here, no problem. Maybe it's more realistic, these days footballers are playing games every three days and remain fresh through entire year, but I miss the challenge :( Does the form (arrows) really do anything? I know it did in PES 6, but now? Any experience? Guys?

Guuuuys?

TS & Scripting

Confusing. Because sometimes, when TS difference was huge game was literally forcing me to win. There were matches where I would grab the ball of defenders with my attackers and pack goals after goals.

Something's not right with this system. Can't really grasp it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe I need more time to understand it, but tbh I don't mind idea of clear scripting - at least you know whatchu can expect.

You guys said first season is the worst with scripts, and while I felt their presence, especially late in the season, they weren't as nerve-wrecking as in PES 15 for example. I still remember my ML with Go Ahead Eagles, Superstar, CL semifinal and Fellaini scoring volley from 45 meters in extra time or beating I was delivered in Eredivisie by way weaker teams...it wasn't as extreme. My league loss against Arouca angered me, but next game in cup convinced me it might be down to tactics - they were never easy for me. Only draw with Uniao Madeira mentioned earlier felt 100% scripted against me really. I was engaged in the game through entire season and while this kind of outcome would make me uninstall PES 15, here I was...okay with it. Fair game to Sporting, fair game to all teams who stopped me. It feels...unusual :D

Belenenses itself

I thought they were weaker! I wanted a team from Portugal, but couldn't pick anybody else. Beleneses, with their emblem resembling Crusader banners and beautiful shirts (amazingly blue <3) is irresistible for me. Speaking of squad itself, offensive power is immense - Tiago Silva and Fabio Sturgeon are both 21, bright future ahead. AI teams already offer 20M€ for Tiago :D

Miguel Rosa is another story. Educated in...Benfica, a talent wasted by them, ended up in Belenenses. He has really decent stats - slower than his partners, but great with passing and shooting - and also Captaincy trait(?). He became captain straight away and will remain so forever :D

Fabio Martins for long was behing the rest slightly, but when "dramatic development" thing started he went on a rampage. Scored so many important goals. Don't think I can replace him :D

It was defence that needed changes. And I replaced my entire defensive line. Goalkeeper was the last to change - Ventura was getting better with the season, but I've already bought Anthony Lopes from Lyon, stats difference is huge, but I bet it will take a few games to get my TS back to 99.

I try to buy Portuguese/Portuguese-speaking players for the most part. Although I consider grabbing Calhanoglu from...Braga :D Not sure how they got him.

Whatever the transfer policy will be, 16/17 season will be tough at the start. First supercup with Sporting. Then CL qualifiers with Valencia. I have to get to CL this year. If not, I'll end up in Europa League, and if I won't win it it'll be disappointing :/

Screenshots!

Teamlist, lineup, and manager himself :D Forgot to take results screenshots at the end of last season :(

S9vxzYd.jpg

yglOjl5.jpg

WWRPavG.jpg

wAhZ9xz.jpg

Longest. Post. Ever. Yet again on these forums.
Can I get a reward now? :D

Great stuff Anjin. . .I did apologise to you the last time. What settings are you using? I'm on manual Superstar -1 speed 15min matches. I use the default players and try build from there it takes time and patience. I looked at your team and they are very strong with high ratings. The second and third seasons the scripting is not as bad and you should enjoy it better. Keep posting your progress. Well done.

I did apologise to you the last time.

Yoo, nothing to talk about. I guess we were all kinda growing up with PES, and while I'm not as much of a veteran (started with PES 3, but first game I could play daily at home was PES5 on PS2) PES played huge part at that time and had a huge impact on all of us. We all just care about it, and whether we have good or bad opinions, in the end intention is the same - to see a fine PES at last.

This one (PES 16) is so dangerously close. In one sentence, I just want it to be more consistent and less awkward at times. What surprised me the most in the last games were goalkeepers. Finally they had no slow-mo effect and played key part. Rui Patricio from Sporting was nearly unbeatable for me, but my Ventura had a great time too. Let's hope Anthony Lopes will become #1 in Portugal now that I got him.

Funny thing, I have two Portuguese players of non-Portuguese descent(??). Anthony is Portuguese-French, Fabio Sturgeon is Portuguese-English. I always suspected Fabio, but Anthony caught me off guard :D

What settings are you using? I'm on manual Superstar -1 speed 15min matches. I use the default players and try build from there it takes time and patience.

Started with Professional / 10 minutes / Full Manual / Speed 0. After the winning streak moved to Top Player. Thinking about Superstar but I'm scared of horrors from the past related to scripts. Have to check speed -1, maybe it will help me in defence, sometimes when AI is in the box you are defenseless. On the other hand I don't mind fast, even slightly arcade game. I mean, it's game after all :D As long as it's challenging my thinking and playing abilities and is fair I'm 100% fine with it.

Default team, decided against it. PES 2017 comes out in six weeks, I plan on following it closely. Just won't have time to build a new team. And Belenenses has some amazing players that I already know I will remember forever. Miguel Rosa especially, magnificient captain, has a Star Player role, wonder if he'll become Bandiera or Grand Master or sth after few seasons.

It went so far that I consider buying Belenenses shirt now, this team is so cool :D Design, climate, epic!

I will save default team for PES 17. If I won't find any cool teams in Serie B I'll create AC Parma in Edit Mode. They have collapsed recently and it's a shame, restoring them to former glory and even further is a task for a man like me :D :D

I looked at your team and they are very strong with high ratings. The second and third seasons the scripting is not as bad and you should enjoy it better. Keep posting your progress. Well done.

Everyone was developing steadily, especially attacking formation. Tiago, Fabio S. and Fabio M. went by 4-5 OVR up. Same with Rocha. With top class GK now I can attempt winning Liga NOS again.

I will keep posting now definitely. Hope both you and rockstrongo will keep too as I'm following this thread ever since you two started posting. I hope things will go your way as well :D

Here goes the hope ML in PES 2017 will be even better. This one already sucked me in, if they won't mess anything up then we're in for a rather good time :D

Holy fuck Anjin,great post,you've set the bar on proper posting mate.
And welcome aboard.
Yeah,you can swear in here,nobody's monitoring us.
And when it comes to difficulty level,I stepped down from SS to TP,my last 4-5 games season one.
But that difficulty is very weird,all it does,if you have a decent or good side,is even the teams out.
Your good players become a bit worse,when I switched back to SS,my fast players were fast again.

Think if you have a weaker side (which you don't have) TP is a good level,my suggestion is Superstar it feels more fair and less scripted,even though it could be horrible playing a very good side on it.
And again welcome

Yoo, nothing to talk about. I guess we were all kinda growing up with PES, and while I'm not as much of a veteran (started with PES 3, but first game I could play daily at home was PES5 on PS2) PES played huge part at that time and had a huge impact on all of us. We all just care about it, and whether we have good or bad opinions, in the end intention is the same - to see a fine PES at last.

This one (PES 16) is so dangerously close. In one sentence, I just want it to be more consistent and less awkward at times. What surprised me the most in the last games were goalkeepers. Finally they had no slow-mo effect and played key part. Rui Patricio from Sporting was nearly unbeatable for me, but my Ventura had a great time too. Let's hope Anthony Lopes will become #1 in Portugal now that I got him.

Funny thing, I have two Portuguese players of non-Portuguese descent(??). Anthony is Portuguese-French, Fabio Sturgeon is Portuguese-English. I always suspected Fabio, but Anthony caught me off guard :D

Started with Professional / 10 minutes / Full Manual / Speed 0. After the winning streak moved to Top Player. Thinking about Superstar but I'm scared of horrors from the past related to scripts. Have to check speed -1, maybe it will help me in defence, sometimes when AI is in the box you are defenseless. On the other hand I don't mind fast, even slightly arcade game. I mean, it's game after all :D As long as it's challenging my thinking and playing abilities and is fair I'm 100% fine with it.

Default team, decided against it. PES 2017 comes out in six weeks, I plan on following it closely. Just won't have time to build a new team. And Belenenses has some amazing players that I already know I will remember forever. Miguel Rosa especially, magnificient captain, has a Star Player role, wonder if he'll become Bandiera or Grand Master or sth after few seasons.

It went so far that I consider buying Belenenses shirt now, this team is so cool :D Design, climate, epic!

I will save default team for PES 17. If I won't find any cool teams in Serie B I'll create AC Parma in Edit Mode. They have collapsed recently and it's a shame, restoring them to former glory and even further is a task for a man like me :D :D

Everyone was developing steadily, especially attacking formation. Tiago, Fabio S. and Fabio M. went by 4-5 OVR up. Same with Rocha. With top class GK now I can attempt winning Liga NOS again.

I will keep posting now definitely. Hope both you and rockstrongo will keep too as I'm following this thread ever since you two started posting. I hope things will go your way as well :D

Here goes the hope ML in PES 2017 will be even better. This one already sucked me in, if they won't mess anything up then we're in for a rather good time :D

Anjin the matches might not be as high scoring if you put it down to -1 . .I find Superstar ok. . more challenging and as we said the scripting ain't as bad especially from second season onwards . . .I'm looking forward to the new game . .I think it will be better than this one . .I'll post as regularly as I can . .. take it easy.

You have stuff written down from pes 6? ha ha ha. Talking about blaming the ref I honestly never saw that happening before where the defender runs in from behind and chops his legs without even touching the ball and walks off .. .scripting but better than giving away a cheap shite goal. I'm 9th in the table and still in with a chance of a playoff but as I said Rock it's a different game when you use default it takes a long time to get to the top. . I know if I got promoted I'd go straight back down.

You're in a good spot now in Master league . .. I know Insigne and the Italians well as I use them as my International team all the time.

Don't laugh but I've never played online and I haven't played another human since 2000 . .I know I sound like Tom Hanks in Castaway. .When we're ready in the future I'll have a few matches with you . .btw people don't realise that there's scripting in human v human as well.
Never play online either,the Internet is just a hype mate:)
Yeah always save notes from my gaming,call me Mr Robot
I'm editing and importing all sorts of shite on my PS3 ,just so I can start a default ML save going there.
Might go with a lower Serie B team just for fun

With your luck the past seasons,you'd probably reach the playoff,and then the league discovers that your chairman has paid off referees.
That would be a cool feature " the league has informed us that we've been relegated because of irregularities in finances"

Never play online either,the Internet is just a hype mate:)
Yeah always save notes from my gaming,call me Mr Robot
I'm editing and importing all sorts of shite on my PS3 ,just so I can start a default ML save going there.
Might go with a lower Serie B team just for fun

With your luck the past seasons,you'd probably reach the playoff,and then the league discovers that your chairman has paid off referees.
That would be a cool feature " the league has informed us that we've been relegated because of irregularities in finances"

Don't talk to me about luck .. I'm worse than that guy Eddie Mush from 'A Bronx tale' . ..go on give the default a go see how you get on.I don't think you can save your user team from Master league.

Don't talk to me about luck .. I'm worse than that guy Eddie Mush from 'A Bronx tale' . ..go on give the default a go see how you get on.I don't think you can save your user team from Master league.
My editing will only be the right badges and so on,found the Pesmaster site,they have a ranking over all leagues,so will be editing the D2 league into Serie B,don't know which team I'll go for though.
Still, 16 will be bread and butter for me

Next game for me will be Sassuolo away,another bogey team.
Will play it later on.

My transfers have been with a plan,done buying/selling this window,but first season,mainly loans,second season all in on a strong defensive CB/DM.
This season,fast,skilled wingers,both in def and in MF,plus a playmaker centrally.
Next season I'd go for a very good keeper,since Lopez probably retire in 1-2 seasons

Graet fucking fun.
Sassuolo away,played great first half,couldn't score though,my players felt sluggish and hard to controll.
Nope not going down the scripting road.
They scored 1-0 on a mistake by me,couldn't clear the ball around the box,def took a touch instead,they pinched it,and shot low,post in.
Not gonna blame sluggish controll.
2-0 came ten minutes later,pretty much the same way,couldn't clear,commotion and the scored of a leg.
Went 4-3-3 after that,and had pressure the rest of the game,but they kept getting stops in the game so I couldn't apply pressure for any longer time.
Managed to score in the 72nd,Gabbiadini curled it in low post.
And last 10 min I had tons of chances,all missed.
2-1 Sassuolo,
Had 21-5 in shots.
Had 8 on target,they had 3.
Not gonna go down the scripting road
Horrible loss

And two days later Gaitan got injured in training.
So now I have Salvio 9 weeks,and Gaitan 3 weeks, just 3 games in

Last edited:
Next game boys.
Frosinone at home,newly promoted,after being relegated in my first season.
They came in with two straight losses.
Started the game 4-1-3-2.
Very slow pace to the game,mainly because frosinone kept possession and tried to build up via their MF.
New that this game would depend on a individual effort,cause they were hard to break down.
12th minute,Menez went between two MF outside the box and banged it far corner for 1-0
Felt like smooth sailing when I scored 2-0 in the 19th minute on a header.

They were getting more and more possession,not really attacking full on though,more slow build up,couple of half chances by them,and 1sr half ended.

2nd half same story,possession by them,I had to sit back and defend,not really threatened by their attacks.
Very weird game,I play with very little pressure up fron,so they could do what ever they felt in their on half,fine by me.

72nd minute,and by then I had played my def 4-2-3-1 the whole half,they trapped me outside their box,switched over to their offensive strategy,and went for it,long ball down the left channel,cross tap in.
A beautiful goal,had no chance,felt fair.
Managed to pick me up,and started counter attacking their counter attack,banged in 3-1 7 min later.
Finished the game off in injury time,Gabbiadini struck a 30 m rocket post in.

Strange game,good win though, they had 92% pass accuracy,haven't seen that before,but without pressure from me,guess that's ok
Next up game one in the CL.

Next game boys.
Frosinone at home,newly promoted,after being relegated in my first season.
They came in with two straight losses.
Started the game 4-1-3-2.
Very slow pace to the game,mainly because frosinone kept possession and tried to build up via their MF.
New that this game would depend on a individual effort,cause they were hard to break down.
12th minute,Menez went between two MF outside the box and banged it far corner for 1-0
Felt like smooth sailing when I scored 2-0 in the 19th minute on a header.

They were getting more and more possession,not really attacking full on though,more slow build up,couple of half chances by them,and 1sr half ended.

2nd half same story,possession by them,I had to sit back and defend,not really threatened by their attacks.
Very weird game,I play with very little pressure up fron,so they could do what ever they felt in their on half,fine by me.

72nd minute,and by then I had played my def 4-2-3-1 the whole half,they trapped me outside their box,switched over to their offensive strategy,and went for it,long ball down the left channel,cross tap in.
A beautiful goal,had no chance,felt fair.
Managed to pick me up,and started counter attacking their counter attack,banged in 3-1 7 min later.
Finished the game off in injury time,Gabbiadini struck a 30 m rocket post in.

Strange game,good win though, they had 92% pass accuracy,haven't seen that before,but without pressure from me,guess that's ok
Next up game one in the CL.

Sounds great I'm a big fan of Gabbiadini I thought you were going concede again, great win . .as regards your other post. .don't start me on scripting . .ffs. .I had nine draws in a row .. NINE. . . mostly me coming back to snatch the draw. Also a couple of defeats. .basically I'm screwed. .. you mentioned a figure of 21-5 in your favour shots wise that's the exact amount I had in 4 matches. .I wonder .. but you know it was still enjoyable some great football on show and no two games were alike. I actually scored a wonderful goal in the last match against Avellino to come back to 3-2 but ran out of time for the equaliser. I broke down their attack and I was 4-3-3 and passed along the ground out to the left wing as I was playing left to right and their defence was charging back and my sub Rozzi was behind the defence but out on the right. So I curled a chest height ball in front of the defence across the goalmouth . .just too far for the keeper to try reach it and it was going slightly past Rozzi but he slid and hit a volley through the keepers hands and into the roof of the net. .magic it's moments like that which makes it worthwhile.

I've nine games left. . .. looks like I'm condemned to Serie b again I'll play a few games today and post a report.

Posting in ML thread, it never ends with you two :D

@Deco

Yoo, have the same problem with draws. Always some shitty goal in the back, you block them nine times and on tenth defender doesn't block, react, clear, whatever, so annoying! :D

Another season in second division doesn't look so good. Hard to decide course of action now - buying new guys means they need time to become part of the team (get TS back up), not buying them means no improvements...and it seems stats are at least slightly more important than in 2015, missing key players can be hurtful.

I wanted to recommend looking through free agents, but it seems this strategy won't work anymore. Don't see anybody worth signing there at all.

@rockstrongo

Damn Sassuolo, I recall having huge trouble with Lille in PES 2015 as Auxerre. I could win 10 games in a row, demolish PSG, but these guys were just unbeatable. Sounds like the same case.

Season 16/17 started for me at last. I expected to finally challenge everybody and everything but...:/ Mixed feelings. Opened up with 0-3 against Sporting in Super Cup (just can't touch these guys), then started league with...7-0 against Estoril Praia. Both on Top Player. Wat. Couldn't stabilise my team for shit - new CB and GK messed up my TS (although it still was 90+) and AI teams seem to be around 90s now too. Almost every game is demanding and requires full focus. It's tough, but I'm slowly getting back into it.

Champions League was a lost case from the beginning. Valencia in qualifiers was too much, although all their goals were kind of lucky :/ 1-2 and 0-1, Europa League for me again. Group rivals - again Liverpool (lost twice), Twente (won twice) and some fake PEU team - draw and 4-3 victory in last game. Last 32 will start soon enough, and obviously I got Malaga. Just no luck in Europe for me, on the other hand at this point I should be strong enough to aim high really.

League was absurdly hard at some points. Of course Sporting had no troubles beating me again (why would they :/), there were plenty of draws - for real, AI parks the bus against me so often. I decided to drop back to Professional - which sounds bad, but I start thinking that it's not difficulty level that dictates difficulty - but Team Spirit and other unseen factors. Games on Prof are now way harder than on Top Player last season. But worse results are also mine fault, I've got too confident after scoring so often in first season. I use Short-Pass & Possession but my game-style is really between Possession and Counter-Attack. Should I make two separate tactics and swap them during the game? Defence would stay the same, I could just adjust the way I attack. Times of playing my own game have ended, so many teams are solid in the back (or just defend with everyone) and it doesn't work as often as it used to.

This season race for title is way more interesting. It's not just me and Sporting running away, five teams are in the game at all times - Arouca fell behind in recent games. Anything can happen really.

I need to buy another CMF. Dias and Joao Mario had injuries (during training, shame not during the match) and I need quality replacement. Luis Alberto is a regen (never had one) but I need dedicated CMF as well. Also T.Pereira is trash :/ Not sure why, technically he beats Fabio Sturgeon in almost every stats, but I can't do a thing with him, while Fabio is leading striker again with 12 goals.

It's January, opened second round with easy 3-0 against Estoril, and now my favourite...Sporting :/

Screenshoties:

8RKbcN7.jpg

ZoAS5Ft.jpg

Posting in ML thread, it never ends with you two :D

@Deco

Yoo, have the same problem with draws. Always some shitty goal in the back, you block them nine times and on tenth defender doesn't block, react, clear, whatever, so annoying! :D

Another season in second division doesn't look so good. Hard to decide course of action now - buying new guys means they need time to become part of the team (get TS back up), not buying them means no improvements...and it seems stats are at least slightly more important than in 2015, missing key players can be hurtful.

I wanted to recommend looking through free agents, but it seems this strategy won't work anymore. Don't see anybody worth signing there at all.

@rockstrongo

Damn Sassuolo, I recall having huge trouble with Lille in PES 2015 as Auxerre. I could win 10 games in a row, demolish PSG, but these guys were just unbeatable. Sounds like the same case.

Season 16/17 started for me at last. I expected to finally challenge everybody and everything but...:/ Mixed feelings. Opened up with 0-3 against Sporting in Super Cup (just can't touch these guys), then started league with...7-0 against Estoril Praia. Both on Top Player. Wat. Couldn't stabilise my team for shit - new CB and GK messed up my TS (although it still was 90+) and AI teams seem to be around 90s now too. Almost every game is demanding and requires full focus. It's tough, but I'm slowly getting back into it.

Champions League was a lost case from the beginning. Valencia in qualifiers was too much, although all their goals were kind of lucky :/ 1-2 and 0-1, Europa League for me again. Group rivals - again Liverpool (lost twice), Twente (won twice) and some fake PEU team - draw and 4-3 victory in last game. Last 32 will start soon enough, and obviously I got Malaga. Just no luck in Europe for me, on the other hand at this point I should be strong enough to aim high really.

League was absurdly hard at some points. Of course Sporting had no troubles beating me again (why would they :/), there were plenty of draws - for real, AI parks the bus against me so often. I decided to drop back to Professional - which sounds bad, but I start thinking that it's not difficulty level that dictates difficulty - but Team Spirit and other unseen factors. Games on Prof are now way harder than on Top Player last season. But worse results are also mine fault, I've got too confident after scoring so often in first season. I use Short-Pass & Possession but my game-style is really between Possession and Counter-Attack. Should I make two separate tactics and swap them during the game? Defence would stay the same, I could just adjust the way I attack. Times of playing my own game have ended, so many teams are solid in the back (or just defend with everyone) and it doesn't work as often as it used to.

This season race for title is way more interesting. It's not just me and Sporting running away, five teams are in the game at all times - Arouca fell behind in recent games. Anything can happen really.

I need to buy another CMF. Dias and Joao Mario had injuries (during training, shame not during the match) and I need quality replacement. Luis Alberto is a regen (never had one) but I need dedicated CMF as well. Also T.Pereira is trash :/ Not sure why, technically he beats Fabio Sturgeon in almost every stats, but I can't do a thing with him, while Fabio is leading striker again with 12 goals.

It's January, opened second round with easy 3-0 against Estoril, and now my favourite...Sporting :/

Screenshoties:

8RKbcN7.jpg

ZoAS5Ft.jpg

Anjin, the next season will be my fourth in Serie B but that's the way it should be. . it's impossible to win promotion and win the league with default players on Superstar manual in one or two seasons. I'm ok with it I have bought decent young signings and am happy with them.

You are still doing very well with your team .. you are second in the League and hope you're still enjoying it. As regards tactics I try to be as 'Italian' as I can and usually play 3-5-2 which can leave me exposed to attacks from the wings. I then use a 4-5-1 defensive formation and for all out attack or just another attacking option I use 4-3-3 which can turn a game for me. You're right about using new signings . .it's a gamble because it lowers your team spirit and can upset the rhythm of the team.

I don't have much transfer money to spend and have to choose wisely but it's all part of the fun. . .look forward to seeing more reports and posts from you.

Last edited:
Great post Anjin,looks like your doing alright.
Yes sir, we all have our bogey teams.
Think your difficulty level should feel right,i dont have any problems changing my if needed.
Remember my first season with Torino on 15, were i managed to stay in serie A with 3 points.
Rough season,i had to change from SS to TP halfway into that one.

Good idea to get a few different tactics.
I have three different tactics saved,the last one is a tactic that I rarely use,cause it's so far from what I usually play,but good to have,cause it every once in a while you'll need it.
I either play 4-3-1-2, or if I play away,bit more def,with a 4-2-3-1, the last one often works best.
And my final one being pretty much like Decos, 3-5-2.

I try to play exactly the way my tactic is set up,and sticking to it works.
Just like you,had rough injuries straight away,I was happy and satisfied before my Supercup game vs Juve,but Salvio got injured for 9weeks,so had to get a replacement in.

Hope you get success in your next games mate.
Very enjoyable to read your posts

Sounds great I'm a big fan of Gabbiadini I thought you were going concede again, great win . .as regards your other post. .don't start me on scripting . .ffs. .I had nine draws in a row .. NINE. . . mostly me coming back to snatch the draw. Also a couple of defeats. .basically I'm screwed. .. you mentioned a figure of 21-5 in your favour shots wise that's the exact amount I had in 4 matches. .I wonder .. but you know it was still enjoyable some great football on show and no two games were alike. I actually scored a wonderful goal in the last match against Avellino to come back to 3-2 but ran out of time for the equaliser. I broke down their attack and I was 4-3-3 and passed along the ground out to the left wing as I was playing left to right and their defence was charging back and my sub Rozzi was behind the defence but out on the right. So I curled a chest height ball in front of the defence across the goalmouth . .just too far for the keeper to try reach it and it was going slightly past Rozzi but he slid and hit a volley through the keepers hands and into the roof of the net. .magic it's moments like that which makes it worthwhile.

I've nine games left. . .. looks like I'm condemned to Serie b again I'll play a few games today and post a report.
Aaah,that last goal by Rozzi,pure magic mate.
Totally agree,we can have a few shit games,CPU cheats like a three card monty player,but stuff like that...magic
9 draws in row...jebus,that's rough,must have felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog day after a while?
Yeah keep them post coming mate,will play a few rough ones later on aswell.
Got Chelski away and Fiorentina my next games should be clean wholesome fun right

Fourth o_O That's quite some patience I would ragequit already :D That's nearly two hundred matches played already. Hopefully your players will develop and at some point there will be no one to stop you in Serie B.

I always used 3-5-2 in PES 6, side backs are useless there and it's better to have more midfielders. Neither 3-5-2 nor 4-5-1 work for me since PES 14. I guess I'm just playing total football, regardless of tactics I mix everything up every game - possession game is a good base, but there are so many agile and responsive players in my team that starting counter-attacks is not a problem at all.

In a way I like how transfers can destabilize your team for a while. Only after few weeks Lopes catched up and started doing wonders. The further I go, the more reliable he becomes, made some crucial saves, hell he even got Grand Master team role.

There's only one better GK in this league and that's Rui Patricio. He's impossible. Reminds me of PES 6 goalkeepers. I was dominating Sporting in our last game but he stopped so many 100% attempts. I can't help but actually be happy about this, goes to show that when konami wants to do something right they can.

Actually now that I think about it you could try out regens, or sign them and instantly sell to make some monies :D Bit of a hax, but if cash is tight it might work. I have two regens from Brazil, generic enough to pass as talents brought from local league (LB Maxwell, DMF Luis Alberto), they might be the future.

I've played few more games since last post. Far away from dominating like I used to, but I keep on winning crucial games against uneasy rivals. Also 1-0 with Malaga in first EL game. Only failure was loss to Uniao Madeira 1-2...they are not good at all. Shitiest goals ever. Defenders doing nothing. Even if I'm at TS99 and they're at 91, there's like two stars of difference between us. But they always bend the rules of the game somehow and I end up heartbroken :( I hate them, I hate Arouca (won 3-2 recently), I hate Pacos Ferreira (long ball bastards, won 2-1 both in league and cup), cheating bastards :x .

Today I was talking about ML on another PES forum and one guy pointed out one important thing that might help understand the scripting stuff.

Remember the HEART system from PES 2014?

It disappeared out of sight mysteriously after PES 2014. There were "Emotions" mentioned in PES 15 but that was all. He told me about "Form" stat, it goes from 1 to 8. Guess it's Consistency from older PES games. Anyway...

...apparently HEART, or its leftovers still might be there. He told me he had similar issues in his first ML season, but then started rotating players (using ones with best arrows) and had nearly no problems whatsoever. While it sounds like a normal thing to do, could there still be hidden heart/morale value that decides when players perform well? I'm inclined to believe Form stat is working as intended. For example, AMF Tiago Silva has 8, and indeed he's at his best most of the time. I could especially see it early in the season, when rest of my team was doing average and only Tiago was performing as usual.

My defenders have Form between 3 and 6, which could explain random awful defending.

Noticed how terrible games come so suddenly? And difference is massive? Don't think it's a massive discovery, but maybe a good hint for the future. Maybe a team of 7-8 Form players would be extremely consistent?

Here's the article I found on the internets about PES 2014 Form & Heart. It got me thinking.

Here's the question, do you guys rotate squad depending on arrows? Maybe there is some hidden heart modifier, or maybe even fatigue? Maybe Form works separately from arrows? There's theory that arrows only indicate stamina depletion on that match day. Notice how heart indicator is gone after PES 2014. Is it still there?

That's some conspiracy theory shit right there, but it might be worth digging, maybe some questions will be answered, and maybe we'll know more about preventing scripts and stuff. Maybe acquiring weaker players with great Form stat and developing them is better long-term solution.

Have to test all of this!

Fourth o_O That's quite some patience I would ragequit already :D That's nearly two hundred matches played already. Hopefully your players will develop and at some point there will be no one to stop you in Serie B.

I always used 3-5-2 in PES 6, side backs are useless there and it's better to have more midfielders. Neither 3-5-2 nor 4-5-1 work for me since PES 14. I guess I'm just playing total football, regardless of tactics I mix everything up every game - possession game is a good base, but there are so many agile and responsive players in my team that starting counter-attacks is not a problem at all.

In a way I like how transfers can destabilize your team for a while. Only after few weeks Lopes catched up and started doing wonders. The further I go, the more reliable he becomes, made some crucial saves, hell he even got Grand Master team role.

There's only one better GK in this league and that's Rui Patricio. He's impossible. Reminds me of PES 6 goalkeepers. I was dominating Sporting in our last game but he stopped so many 100% attempts. I can't help but actually be happy about this, goes to show that when konami wants to do something right they can.

Actually now that I think about it you could try out regens, or sign them and instantly sell to make some monies :D Bit of a hax, but if cash is tight it might work. I have two regens from Brazil, generic enough to pass as talents brought from local league (LB Maxwell, DMF Luis Alberto), they might be the future.

I've played few more games since last post. Far away from dominating like I used to, but I keep on winning crucial games against uneasy rivals. Also 1-0 with Malaga in first EL game. Only failure was loss to Uniao Madeira 1-2...they are not good at all. Shitiest goals ever. Defenders doing nothing. Even if I'm at TS99 and they're at 91, there's like two stars of difference between us. But they always bend the rules of the game somehow and I end up heartbroken :( I hate them, I hate Arouca (won 3-2 recently), I hate Pacos Ferreira (long ball bastards, won 2-1 both in league and cup), cheating bastards :x .

Today I was talking about ML on another PES forum and one guy pointed out one important thing that might help understand the scripting stuff.

It disappeared out of sight mysteriously after PES 2014. There were "Emotions" mentioned in PES 15 but that was all. He told me about "Form" stat, it goes from 1 to 8. Guess it's Consistency from older PES games. Anyway...

...apparently HEART, or its leftovers still might be there. He told me he had similar issues in his first ML season, but then started rotating players (using ones with best arrows) and had nearly no problems whatsoever. While it sounds like a normal thing to do, could there still be hidden heart/morale value that decides when players perform well? I'm inclined to believe Form stat is working as intended. For example, AMF Tiago Silva has 8, and indeed he's at his best most of the time. I could especially see it early in the season, when rest of my team was doing average and only Tiago was performing as usual.

My defenders have Form between 3 and 6, which could explain random awful defending.

Noticed how terrible games come so suddenly? And difference is massive? Don't think it's a massive discovery, but maybe a good hint for the future. Maybe a team of 7-8 Form players would be extremely consistent?

Here's the article I found on the internets about PES 2014 Form & Heart. It got me thinking.

Here's the question, do you guys rotate squad depending on arrows? Maybe there is some hidden heart modifier, or maybe even fatigue? Maybe Form works separately from arrows? There's theory that arrows only indicate stamina depletion on that match day. Notice how heart indicator is gone after PES 2014. Is it still there?

That's some conspiracy theory shit right there, but it might be worth digging, maybe some questions will be answered, and maybe we'll know more about preventing scripts and stuff. Maybe acquiring weaker players with great Form stat and developing them is better long-term solution.

Great finding Anjin,will look into that aswell,haven't really dug into player form etc,but will deffo be more aware and look before games.
Also like the fact that new players mess your TS up a bit,just like I believe dynamics in teams goes up when a good playe arrives,or a very liked departs.
Good digging Anjin

I tried players with the best arrows . .it lowers team spirit if you don't stick to regular players, might try again. .and I wouldn't use regens it feels like cheating and is not realistic . . .thanks for the tips though. I'm happy letting things progress naturally.

rockstrongo said:
Also like the fact that new players mess your TS up a bit,just like I believe dynamics in teams goes up when a good playe arrives,or a very liked departs.

Actually, a cool addition would be stats for us, the manager in next ML. Skills that would make players adapt faster to our tactics, make training more effective, etc.

Wait, isn't there Adaptability stats for managers in myClub?

Deco said:
I tried players with the best arrows . .it lowers team spirit if you don't stick to regular players, might try again.

True. But think about it this way - if we start rotating from very beginning, and use bench players against weaker rivals they adapt to our tactics and then boom, Team Spirit for everybody.

If all these things are honestly true, that could actually give a new, strong reason to rotate our squads, meaning Master League would be...pretty damn good! But I need sources, I have to search for stuff, find some PES 2014 discussions, people talking about HEART, maybe that'll be the key.

Dammit, I'm now inclined to start new ML just to test all this stuff out, but I don't have time for that :D

Actually, a cool addition would be stats for us, the manager in next ML. Skills that would make players adapt faster to our tactics, make training more effective, etc.

Wait, isn't there Adaptability stats for managers in myClub?

True. But think about it this way - if we start rotating from very beginning, and use bench players against weaker rivals they adapt to our tactics and then boom, Team Spirit for everybody.

If all these things are honestly true, that could actually give a new, strong reason to rotate our squads, meaning Master League would be...pretty damn good! But I need sources, I have to search for stuff, find some PES 2014 discussions, people talking about HEART, maybe that'll be the key.

Dammit, I'm now inclined to start new ML just to test all this stuff out, but I don't have time for that :D
Ha ha,yeah time is always an issue,i bought a used PS3 friday,just so I can mess around with older games.
Currently playing ML on 16,with my xb1, and editing PES 11 from scratch on my PS3
We got to do what we gotta do

Just had a ML on PES 11, fun acctually.
Don't think I'll be happy after 20 games though,player movements are shit compared to 16,thin I'll/you/people forget how long this series has come on those things.
But fun game,tight game.
Playing on manual=nightmare,you have to push two buttons at the same time.
Have Novara as my team,and I play 20 minutes,which is brilliant.
Might have a few more games
Had a 1-1 draw vs Albinoleffe

Yo, this one goes to my man geeeeee cmon m8 check this out

WnjpGuu.jpg

So much for centuries old Anglo-Portuguese Alliance :LMAO:

It works! :OOOH:

After lost game to Uniao Madeira and reading all of that form and rotation stuff, I started picking line-ups based on their arrows disregarding Team Spirit. Every single game won, Malaga in EL was lucky to only lose 1-0 and 2-1, although I really had 3-4 main squad guys on the bench in these games.

We will draw some conclusions after season's finish, but so far I can see the difference. Most of the season many of my players felt kind of tired (although stamina/fatigue wouldn't indicate that), and now with the changes (rotation + 3 subs every game) that certain kind of freshness from 1st season is back. Not only that, now that I started winning (won five in a row by now) arrows in the team seem to be above green rather than below it.

So rotation (regardless of TS) might be the thing! In PES 6, if I recall correctly, blue arrow down was about -6 to every stat, and purple up to -12. If it's the same here, difference would be huuge. I need to test this for longer, maybe it will all fall apart again, but so far I have a great feeling. Playing is a joy again, everyone seems to be at their full potential. Just like at the start of first season. And before the cataclysm seen on the screenshot I've smashed Moreirense 5-0.

It might very well be a placebo, but here's the thing - I tried changing line-up, formation, instructions earlier on but didn't work at all. And now that rotation came into play suddenly I have great games again.

I won't change any settings until end of the season (TP atm). From next season I'll move to Superstar, permamently. If rotation effects will be confirmed, that will be huge plus when PES 17 comes out - I'll know what to do to just start off well.

So happy now, seems things are changing for the better now. Porto is only five points ahead of me, and it looks like they might be in trouble :D

@rockstrongo

I've tried PES 11 out few months ago for a first time. It has so much potential, I believe they honestly tried to break the game away from rails, but in the end it wasn't worth the hassle for me. But I can see why people could enjoy it.

EDIT

Z4ddeQf.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE SPORTING I HATE SPORTING OMG SPORTING NOOOOO

Last edited:
Yo, this one goes to my man geeeeee cmon m8 check this out

WnjpGuu.jpg

So much for centuries old Anglo-Portuguese Alliance :LMAO:

It works! :OOOH:

After lost game to Uniao Madeira and reading all of that form and rotation stuff, I started picking line-ups based on their arrows disregarding Team Spirit. Every single game won, Malaga in EL was lucky to only lose 1-0 and 2-1, although I really had 3-4 main squad guys on the bench in these games.

We will draw some conclusions after season's finish, but so far I can see the difference. Most of the season many of my players felt kind of tired (although stamina/fatigue wouldn't indicate that), and now with the changes (rotation + 3 subs every game) that certain kind of freshness from 1st season is back. Not only that, now that I started winning (won five in a row by now) arrows in the team seem to be above green rather than below it.

So rotation (regardless of TS) might be the thing! In PES 6, if I recall correctly, blue arrow down was about -6 to every stat, and purple up to -12. If it's the same here, difference would be huuge. I need to test this for longer, maybe it will all fall apart again, but so far I have a great feeling. Playing is a joy again, everyone seems to be at their full potential. Just like at the start of first season. And before the cataclysm seen on the screenshot I've smashed Moreirense 5-0.

It might very well be a placebo, but here's the thing - I tried changing line-up, formation, instructions earlier on but didn't work at all. And now that rotation came into play suddenly I have great games again.

I won't change any settings until end of the season (TP atm). From next season I'll move to Superstar, permamently. If rotation effects will be confirmed, that will be huge plus when PES 17 comes out - I'll know what to do to just start off well.

So happy now, seems things are changing for the better now. Porto is only five points ahead of me, and it looks like they might be in trouble :D

@rockstrongo

I've tried PES 11 out few months ago for a first time. It has so much potential, I believe they honestly tried to break the game away from rails, but in the end it wasn't worth the hassle for me. But I can see why people could enjoy it.

EDIT

Z4ddeQf.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE SPORTING I HATE SPORTING OMG SPORTING NOOOOO
I'm gonna try it later on with 16, I usually play players that are in form contra good players not in shape.
But choosing a 77 ovr with red arrow over a 80 with green might be a big difference.
Good finding.
Yup,played one more game on 11, won vs Livorno at home,3-1, and yes it's fun as hell,and I might have to stop playing,otherwise my 16 career will go down the tube

It's me again...oh my, I played a lot today :D

So I'm at the end of season! And I had easiest late season in my history of playing PES 2014-2016. No stupid scripts. None! There was only one aggravating game, against lucky bastards #1 FC Porto. Was leading 1-0 comfotably, then out of nowhere equaliser (lucky rebound), and then pass straight from middle of the park...my defenders were 20 meters away from their positions! Aboubakar lucky bastard got the ball, did what he had to, and I lost to Porto again, I hate them so badly :/

Other than that, Belenenses was crushing everyone. Sporting was scary af, but I won first game 3-1!!! So freaking happy! Lost the second leg 1-0, but Sporting needed two goals more. I could feel the unseen powers of konami, but prevailed. Excellent. In semifinal I faced some fake team - Marchigana or sth, these names are so dumb - easy 1:0 and 3:1 for me.

So, there are two finals ahead of me. First Portugal Cup, same as last season I'll face damn Porto! They always luck out so badly! Last final ended in penalties, hopefully this time they'll submit earlier. And few days later grand final of Europa League against Real Sociedad. Might not sound so impressive, but they've beaten Arsenal and Napoli on their way to final, might be tough game. Final league match with Rio Ave is meaningless - I have secured second place in league and CL group spot!

I am so damn happy now. Finally no stupid ass bullshit dragging me down, no unneccesary errors in the back, no "exciting" matches, pure skills. And when competition is fair, there is no stopping Belenenses. Just too stronk for poor Portuguese fellas, with exception of big three of lucky & annoying bastards.

But I'll get my title next year.

lIvpU98.jpg

Yooo it's time to get ready for work now, spent entire day playing damn PES :D It turned out to be real good stuff.

BTW I was thinking of recording both finals and uploading quick highlights for ya, whatchu think? :D

Back
Top Bottom