The Master League adventures thread

lol good post ..great when you get some decent games I'm having great ones at the moment in my fourth season .. .I always wonder if some people trying Pes out come across a few consecutive scripted games and pack it in cos they think that's the way it always plays . . ..prediction for you Glaadbach to get a draw and Chelsea to win if I know Pes.
Thats probably it,packs it in after a few bad games,and returns to the cozy FIFA blanket.
Hopefully I'll go through by snatching a point or three vs Glaadbach

Whoaa geeee.. I thought you were done with PES, what happened to FIFA 16?

I'm loving my master league with Leeds, but a bit struggling at the moment. I'm currently in 11th place after 11 matches. Also got knocked out in the 2nd round of the FA cup by Chelsea. Really want to finish this one season so I can get my TS up and have great following seasons like deco and rock.

After reading about 10 pages of positive posts from these two tag team wrestlers 'Deco & Rock' :P (only joking guys) I just had to give it another go. And I am so pleased I did. I'm just playing with a different mindset now and accepting the faults. I think the matches themselves play out so well, I would just like a bit more variety in shooting like FIFA. I have enjoyed FIFA this year but I think PES has scored an injury time winner for me.

I think the problem with FIFA is the sliders mess with my mind. I change them but then I feel that I'm cheating because I've reduced the CPU speed or keeper skill. I love the shooting on it though, it reminds me a bit of PES 2013.

Don't worry Elja .. Geeeee will go crawling back to Fifa when the going gets tough .. . lol only joking Geeee. Elja you could always skip your way through the matches in the first season cos the scripting will drive you mad and you will lose a hell of a lot of games . .I did it a few times last year in Master league . .I don't see it as cheating cos there's no advantage in doing it.

Lol very funny Deco. I've actually just pre-ordered FIFA 17 so you may be right :)

Had a good game against Hull even though I lost 2-1. Noone is my best player at the moment, he whacked the woodwork twice. I was hoping to record it on the highlights and upload it but they didn't show it at the end :BRICK: It's funny because during the match I was thinking how good Noone is and then the commentator mentions that the big teams are looking at him. But then after the match it said he got injured and is out for 9 weeks :(

I'm not experiencing the scripting in my first season like you say Deco and I'm now on Superstar. If my players miss an easy ball I put it down to them having a bad game.

Glad you like it mate.
Tried FIFA after last slider set,can't do it,but then never been my "game" even though I play it every now and then,played FIFA 15 a great deal.
Shooting has changed a bit,needs to change more.
I tried 20 min games the other night,didn't work out well,but here's the thing,played one of those on -2 game speed.
The variation in shooting is so much better there,deflections,poorly hit shoots etc,you have to press longer to get power shooting on -2.
Might be a tip for you?

After reading about 10 pages of positive posts from these two tag team wrestlers 'Deco & Rock' :P (only joking guys) I just had to give it another go. And I am so pleased I did. I'm just playing with a different mindset now and accepting the faults. I think the matches themselves play out so well, I would just like a bit more variety in shooting like FIFA. I have enjoyed FIFA this year but I think PES has scored an injury time winner for me.

I think the problem with FIFA is the sliders mess with my mind. I change them but then I feel that I'm cheating because I've reduced the CPU speed or keeper skill. I love the shooting on it though, it reminds me a bit of PES 2013.

Lol very funny Deco. I've actually just pre-ordered FIFA 17 so you may be right :)

Had a good game against Hull even though I lost 2-1. Noone is my best player at the moment, he whacked the woodwork twice. I was hoping to record it on the highlights and upload it but they didn't show it at the end :BRICK: It's funny because during the match I was thinking how good Noone is and then the commentator mentions that the big teams are looking at him. But then after the match it said he got injured and is out for 9 weeks :(

I'm not experiencing the scripting in my first season like you say Deco and I'm now on Superstar. If my players miss an easy ball I put it down to them having a bad game.

Good to hear from you Geeeee. .there's lots of A.i variety of shots when I'm playing . .the one that comes up the most is the cross to a man in the box or going into the box who traps it and puts in it with nobody there to challenge him . . .are you using manual Geeeee and are you on ps3 or ps4?. Rephrase that Geeee 'I'm not experiencing the scripting in the first season . .yet' . ..You're only a few matches in takes a while. . .. I knew you'd blame me on something lol. Noone getting injured might be the start of the A.i trying to fuck you over and make it difficult .. .why did you pick Cardiff. . are you Welsh?

As regards Fifa and Pes . .play whichever you fancy or the two of them .. I just can't take to Fifa unfortunately. Just as well me and Rock post a lot. . .you and Elja stick your heads in once every two weeks lol.

Good to hear from you Geeeee. .there's lots of A.i variety of shots when I'm playing . .the one that comes up the most is the cross to a man in the box or going into the box who traps it and puts in it with nobody there to challenge him . . .are you using manual Geeeee and are you on ps3 or ps4?. Rephrase that Geeee 'I'm not experiencing the scripting in the first season . .yet' . ..You're only a few matches in takes a while. . .. I knew you'd blame me on something lol. Noone getting injured might be the start of the A.i trying to fuck you over and make it difficult .. .why did you pick Cardiff. . are you Welsh?

As regards Fifa and Pes . .play whichever you fancy or the two of them .. I just can't take to Fifa unfortunately. Just as well me and Rock post a lot. . .you and Elja stick your heads in once every two weeks lol.
I finally,since I didn't play it as much then as now,learned to shoot properly,lots of hard shots top shelf,but also very lose,but perfectly placed shots,the old toe poke

I finally,since I didn't play it as much then as now,learned to shoot properly,lots of hard shots top shelf,but also very lose,but perfectly placed shots,the old toe poke

Did you play the CL games yet? I had three games tonight I'll keep it brief. . .played Brescia in the first match and they parked the bus for the whole match it ended 1-1 don't know fuckin how but it did. Second match against I can't remember . . they did a smash n' grab . . 1-0 win to them and the last match was against Modena and I won 6-1 biggest scorline in this Master League for me .. I was given total freedom. I'm down to fifth but still only 5 points off the top.

Did you play the CL games yet? I had three games tonight I'll keep it brief. . .played Brescia in the first match and they parked the bus for the whole match it ended 1-1 don't know fuckin how but it did. Second match against I can't remember . . they did a smash n' grab . . 1-0 win to them and the last match was against Modena and I won 6-1 biggest scorline in this Master League for me .. I was given total freedom. I'm down to fifth but still only 5 points off the top.
Aah sweet games for you,always nice with a blowout every now and then.
Fifth? Nice position,a few more wins and you're top of the league mate.

Yes,played two games,I was supposed to play 4 tnite,but I'm complety drained.
1 st game,Fucking Inter...
Haven't beaten them for 2 and a half seasons.
They came out pressing me like a motherfucker,felt like a pub owner in Londons east end,and in walked the
Krays
Did set up a beutiful play,on the wing 10 meters on their side,in back in to the middle,through ball on a perfect timed run,1-0!
Early on aswell,10 min later,managed to get the ball central outside the box,Insigne,slippery as a prison soap,got it,sidesteps,pass def,boom 2-0.
They came back with a goal late first.
Second half,kept pressing me,I countered on a few slick passes 2vs2,slowed down,let the defender attack me,side pass to Insigne,tap in,3-1.
Amazing game,they were a handful,but I stood my ground,played well,had a few more chances,woodwork twice.
Game ended 3-1.
Could hardly stand up after that one.
Yeah played Glaadbach,won 2-1, and Romans boys took care of Haag,so I'm through:)
Got PSG (again) in the last 32.

Next two games Juve and Lazio,playing them tomorrow I think.
Knackered but happy

Got two more games in.
You better step now boys...
Juve away,frenzy game,they had everything,played me inside out,managed to get a few good attacks on them late in the game.
They scored on me after 25 min,give and go and they were through.
Snatched an equaliser late in the game,and it ended 1-1.
Good result.
I man marked their striker,and it worked well,so happy with that.

Next game Lazio away.
A proper fucking snooze fest,hardly saw the ball all game long,a parody of a football game,sideways for moist of the game by them.
They scored on a corner mid game,I scored on a corner late to make it one all.
Lazio had 94% in passing,worst game I've ever played,not Konamis finest moment.,felt I was back in "goliaths" usual 87-95% passing party.
But one point,I'm 2 p clear of Napoli,still top of the table hombres

Next up was Perugia recently relegated but now 2nd in the table and I have to say it was one of the best matches I've ever played on Pes . .exhilarating . .A tight tactical game with brilliant movement and passing .. clever runs off the ball the lot but I have to say Perugia's defence was magnificent .. best performance I've seen in Pes2016 wow. .. .They went ahead with a superb move and finished with a great header 1-0. ..I came at them and had my new young striker Sanabria playing and had a decent debut. . I liked his awareness and movement . .I eventually equalised through an o.g but I wasn't complaining 1-1. After a few mins they tore my defence to shreds and went ahead again 2-1. .after that I threw everything at them . ..1-2's flicks, chips through balls they stopped eveything . .brought on three subs and put heavy pressure on them. .all the time they were hitting me on the break. . .could'nt let them sneak in the backdoor. Right up to the final whistle they defended magnificently. . so a 2-1 loss and I'm in fourth place . ..even though I got beaten I haven't enjoyed a match as much as this.

I really want all match to be like this.. hard fought battle. In the end it doesn't matter if we win or lose. And thankfully I've been having these type of games a lot lately.

Great to hear you finally enjoying the game Geeee. Yeah some poeple quit playing the game because of one or two things they just did not give the game a chance. But I must admit the latest patch did improve many things and made the game more enjoyable.

Talking of FIFA, I think FIFA 16 is a great game, probably the best football sim ever created. But it's just not for me, I don't really get excited and easily gets bored playing it. I understand what Adam Bhatti saying it's hard to get the right balance between simulation and keeping it still fun as a video game.

Just as well me and Rock post a lot. . .you and Elja stick your heads in once every two weeks lol.

Lol, yeah mate you guys are season ticket holders, I just come for the big games.

Will be posting reports more often after season 1. Hopefully I get promoted this season.

Got two more games in.
Juve away,frenzy game,they had everything,played me inside out,managed to get a few good attacks on them late in the game.
Good result.

Next game Lazio away.
A proper fucking snooze fest,hardly saw the ball all game long,a parody of a football game,sideways for moist of the game by them.
Lazio had 94% in passing,worst game I've ever played,not Konamis finest moment.,felt I was back in "goliaths" usual 87-95% passing party.

Man marking I think is a big thing in pes 2016, really helps out to prevent those long through balls that you can't see coming. I love using it against stronger opponents.

Nice to see you doing well in you're master league Rock

I finally got my TS to 90. Now my team is playing a lot better, my defender reacts better to dangerous situations, passing feels better, and banging in great goals. Still not a walk in the park, but starting to get resaults and pushing for top 3.

Here is how the league table looks at the moment:

bds37m.jpg

How does the promotion-relegation system works in PES 2016? I see the top 2 getting automatic promotion, is there a playoff or something like that?

I finally got my TS to 90. Now my team is playing a lot better, my defender reacts better to dangerous situations, passing feels better, and banging in great goals. Still not a walk in the park, but starting to get resaults and pushing for top 3.

bds37m.jpg

How does the promotion-relegation system works in PES 2016? I see the top 2 getting automatic promotion, is there a playoff or something like that?

Elja good to hear from you bud .. .in my league Serie B first two automatic promotion . now this is the tricky bit. .if the third placed team has a 10 point gap or more to the fourth placed team then the third place goes up automatically . .however if there's less than ten points gap the 3rd team and up to 6 teams below them go into a playoff but you have to be within 14 points of the third. I think it's under comp info go into your league and look at regulations. keep posting buddy.

Got two more games in.
Good result.

Next game Lazio away.

Nice one Rock you finally beat Inter and you're through in the CL well done. Great result against Juve and good result against Napoli .. .they're all top teams . ..wahat were you saying about the shooting that you're only learning it now?

Nice one Rock you finally beat Inter and you're through in the CL well done. Great result against Juve and good result against Napoli .. .they're all top teams . ..wahat were you saying about the shooting that you're only learning it now?
Thanx pal.
Think ive learned to shot more varied,loser shots,quicker shots,instead of cranking up the power bar,I take faster shots in crowded situations,makes for a lot of good goals,or rebounds

bds37m.jpg

You've got a good thing going there Elja.
And nice to see your results.
Yes,using the man marking,especially with strong defenders,who can mark,is a thing of beauty.
Might look for that stat in my future player recruitment

Keep going for that PL spot

I played two games this morning Ternana great game I only drew 2-2 and I was lucky I went 1 up but they hit back over the course of the match and led 2-1 until the last 10 mins when they cleared a long to the wing and my left back Tarek ran and jumped in the air to challenge with his leg raised and won the ball and did a lovely piece of control. . .they were caught pushing up a bit and he charged through a gap in midfield and hit an unstoppable right foot shot top corner 2-2. Next was Crotone who scored against the run of play 0-1 I equalised but they struck again 2-1 and I huffed and puffed for the rest of the match without a chance on goal. Down to fifth and the top two are pulling away .. .. bugger.

I played two games this morning Ternana great game I only drew 2-2 and I was lucky I went 1 up but they hit back over the course of the match and led 2-1 until the last 10 mins when they cleared a long to the wing and my left back Tarek ran and jumped in the air to challenge with his leg raised and won the ball and did a lovely piece of control. . .they were caught pushing up a bit and he charged through a gap in midfield and hit an unstoppable right foot shot top corner 2-2. Next was Crotone who scored against the run of play 0-1 I equalised but they struck again 2-1 and I huffed and puffed for the rest of the match without a chance on goal. Down to fifth and the top two are pulling away .. .. bugger.
You gotta get shit sorted Dec,not another year in Serie B,your Ultras will burn your car at the training ground soon:)
Bummer man.
Those perfectly timed headers/tackles are a feast for your soul.
I've been very meticulous in placing my CB's or DMF perfect when it comes to heading ,makes a big difference when you're winning everything in the box and central MF.
The more you play this game the more you learn,amazing depth

You gotta get shit sorted Dec,not another year in Serie B,your Ultras will burn your car at the training ground soon:)
Bummer man.
Those perfectly timed headers/tackles are a feast for your soul.
I've been very meticulous in placing my CB's or DMF perfect when it comes to heading ,makes a big difference when you're winning everything in the box and central MF.
The more you play this game the more you learn,amazing depth

Ha ha ha I'm still building . .I sound like LVG. . .I'm a good defender and have most shots per game . .I think the scripting is trying to put me in a playoff situation which would be cool. The goals that I concede some of them are great but some are just horrible scripted crap that you can't do anything about.. . You and Elja or Geeeee were talking about man marking . .I won't use it because it pulls your defence apart . . .I put it on there in the last match but had to turn it off my centre back was following their centre forward across to the wing and leaving big gaps.

I'm seeing new stuff as well. . .I tested something out yesterday and ran my centre half up to their box and lost the ball deliberately cos I was well ahead on the score. . .I wanted to see would the A.i exploit the situation or not notice it . ..well I got my answer they immediately went for the gap which he left behind . .which is good and adds realism.

Ha ha ha I'm still building . .I sound like LVG. . .I'm a good defender and have most shots per game . .I think the scripting is trying to put me in a playoff situation which would be cool. The goals that I concede some of them are great but some are just horrible scripted crap that you can't do anything about.. . You and Elja or Geeeee were talking about man marking . .I won't use it because it pulls your defence apart . . .I put it on there in the last match but had to turn it off my centre back was following their centre forward across to the wing and leaving big gaps.

I'm seeing new stuff as well. . .I tested something out yesterday and ran my centre half up to their box and lost the ball deliberately cos I was well ahead on the score. . .I wanted to see would the A.i exploit the situation or not notice it . ..well I got my answer they immediately went for the gap which he left behind . .which is good and adds realism.
Good finding there Dec.
I usually play with man marking if the opp play a single striker.
And I'm not pressing aggressive anymore,playing a all out defence,which keeps my def more in place,and being able to controll them better.
It's nice that this game surprises you with its depth and smartness,contrary to what people think

Good finding there Dec.
I usually play with man marking if the opp play a single striker.
And I'm not pressing aggressive anymore,playing a all out defence,which keeps my def more in place,and being able to controll them better.
It's nice that this game surprises you with its depth and smartness,contrary to what people think

I was originally conservative and went to aggressive .think I'll go back to conservative .. I'll post up some reports later . ..I'm sure you're thrilled about that lol.

I was originally conservative and went to aggressive .think I'll go back to conservative .. I'll post up some reports later . ..I'm sure you're thrilled about that lol.

Course I am.
Won't be playing tonight,wanna go to bed and sleep already,plus was up until 5,am playing.
But post your stuff mate,I'll read em.
I played one more game late last night
Can't remember who I played,won 5-1,scored my last 2 goals because they really tried to comeback into the game.
Insigne is killing def MF and CB's right now,a proper David killing goliaths 24/7, if you know what I mean...

Course I am.
Won't be playing tonight,wanna go to bed and sleep already,plus was up until 5,am playing.
But post your stuff mate,I'll read em.
I played one more game late last night
Can't remember who I played,won 5-1,scored my last 2 goals because they really tried to comeback into the game.
Insigne is killing def MF and CB's right now,a proper David killing goliaths 24/7, if you know what I mean...

lol sure do.

Good lord you guys are on fire :D

Haven't had much time (or will) to play PES and write replies, had a rough week at work. There's no point playing ML when you're not at your best, which is a good thing.

But this weekend, Belenenses is back in the game to #SlayThemAll :PIRATE:

@rockstrongo

Congratz on beating Inter, they seemed to be a pain in the arse and there's not better feeling than overcoming your worst nemesis. Good to see things are moving forward.

Is man-marking really working? I have never tried it, but it could be effective against Porto - their CF Aboubakar always scores shitty rebounds against me, maybe with someone covering him that wouldn't happen anymore.

@Deco

Rough stuff. Just can't catch a break :( Not sure what could be it, but seeing (in earlier posts) how you're bouncing between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2, maybe 4-5-1 could do the trick? Feels like something in-between, although tbh I never liked it.

5th place isn't bad - there are play-offs for 3rd-6th team right? I remmember playing with default team Milan in PES 2015 and got promoted in the first season after playoffs. But I wasn't happy about it, scripts were running rampant and I stopped playing right after winning promotion :|

Whatever will happen best of luck, you've earned it :D I'm fairly certain first season in Serie A will be way easier than Serie B. I always had it in PES 6 - barely getting promoted from Div 2, then fighting for Top 6 in Div 1 right after promotion.

@Elja

40-33 goal balance after 19 games :D That's quite a lot of goals :D :D Yes, when you reach high TS levels game becomes fantastic - goalkeepers pull out a lot of great saves and everyone is more responsive in general. That's when the fun begins :D

You'd have to check the rules in Competition Info -> Championship -> Regulations, but I'm fairly certain there are playoffs for 3rd to 6th teams.

@geeeeee

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I feel exactly the same about sliders, I want to play the game the way it was intended to be played. Besides, AI almost always plays exactly the same so what's the goddamn point of playing anyway :D

Although I like training system in FIFA CM, hopefully PES 2017 will get a better training system too.

@Everyone

Geez this thread is alive and stronk like never before. I used to be one of the very few posting PES 6 MLs year(s) ago, there used to be one new post per month :(

Once 2017 comes out, if nothing goes horribly wrong, Master League will be BACK :D I'm already planning to take a week off from work when the game launches :D It was the same when PES 2015 came out, and while it was great for a first few weeks, then...well, the magic burnt out :(

But this time it might be different :D

I'm planning to play two MLs already: edit mode created AC Parma (wrecked by debt, currently in Serie C or something) and around-the-world manager career - one season per league, goal is to check them all out and win as much trophies as possible.

Do you guys have any plans for PES 2017 MLs? :D

Good lord you guys are on fire :D

Haven't had much time (or will) to play PES and write replies, had a rough week at work. There's no point playing ML when you're not at your best, which is a good thing.

But this weekend, Belenenses is back in the game to #SlayThemAll :PIRATE:

@rockstrongo

Congratz on beating Inter, they seemed to be a pain in the arse and there's not better feeling than overcoming your worst nemesis. Good to see things are moving forward.

Is man-marking really working? I have never tried it, but it could be effective against Porto - their CF Aboubakar always scores shitty rebounds against me, maybe with someone covering him that wouldn't happen anymore.

@Deco

Rough stuff. Just can't catch a break :( Not sure what could be it, but seeing (in earlier posts) how you're bouncing between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2, maybe 4-5-1 could do the trick? Feels like something in-between, although tbh I never liked it.

5th place isn't bad - there are play-offs for 3rd-6th team right? I remmember playing with default team Milan in PES 2015 and got promoted in the first season after playoffs. But I wasn't happy about it, scripts were running rampant and I stopped playing right after winning promotion :|

Whatever will happen best of luck, you've earned it :D I'm fairly certain first season in Serie A will be way easier than Serie B. I always had it in PES 6 - barely getting promoted from Div 2, then fighting for Top 6 in Div 1 right after promotion.

@Elja

40-33 goal balance after 19 games :D That's quite a lot of goals :D :D Yes, when you reach high TS levels game becomes fantastic - goalkeepers pull out a lot of great saves and everyone is more responsive in general. That's when the fun begins :D

You'd have to check the rules in Competition Info -> Championship -> Regulations, but I'm fairly certain there are playoffs for 3rd to 6th teams.

@geeeeee

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I feel exactly the same about sliders, I want to play the game the way it was intended to be played. Besides, AI almost always plays exactly the same so what's the goddamn point of playing anyway :D

Although I like training system in FIFA CM, hopefully PES 2017 will get a better training system too.

@Everyone

Geez this thread is alive and stronk like never before. I used to be one of the very few posting PES 6 MLs year(s) ago, there used to be one new post per month :(

Once 2017 comes out, if nothing goes horribly wrong, Master League will be BACK :D I'm already planning to take a week off from work when the game launches :D It was the same when PES 2015 came out, and while it was great for a first few weeks, then...well, the magic burnt out :(

But this time it might be different :D

I'm planning to play two MLs already: edit mode created AC Parma (wrecked by debt, currently in Serie C or something) and around-the-world manager career - one season per league, goal is to check them all out and win as much trophies as possible.

Do you guys have any plans for PES 2017 MLs? :D

I couldn't stand idly by and let the Pes 2016 Master League die Anjin. . lol. . .I don't know why everyone is surprised that I'm still in Serie B. . . I'm using default players with Udinese and was given 6 million to buy players . . it's difficult to build from there and you have to buy bargains . .and to acquire more transfer money you have to sell your best default players. .I use 4-5-1 as my third option. I also use manual. My goal for Pes 2017 Mls?. . . . . .to get out of Serie B probably lol.

If you get time Anjin some footage of your games would be great I don't have the equipment to put mine up.

Thank you Anjin.
Yes sir,first win in five.
Could hardly stand up after that game.
I think man marking works,if you have a good marker,and playing vs just one striker,might work if you man mark two with two of yours.
Interesting idea,might try it,see how the other def plays.

Will dig into 17 like a hungry wolf,but I'm patient,might hold on for a week or so,let transfer window close,and adjustments settle in from DLC,if it turns up early.

What I won't do is spend time on the 17 thread reading about it,perhaps from trustworthy players,not the Goliath fan boys.
Also,just got PES 13 tday,will play that one along side my 16.

Cool idea going for trophies worldwide,go for it.
And Parma is moving on up,think they'll go through Primavera this season,proud club,now supporter owned.
Good luck Anjin

I couldn't stand idly by and let the Pes 2016 Master League die Anjin. . lol. . .I don't know why everyone is surprised that I'm still in Serie B. . . I'm using default players with Udinese and was given 6 million to buy players . . it's difficult to build from there and you have to buy bargains . .and to acquire more transfer money you have to sell your best default players. .I use 4-5-1 as my third option. I also use manual. My goal for Pes 2017 Mls?. . . . . .to get out of Serie B probably lol.

If you get time Anjin some footage of your games would be great I don't have the equipment to put mine up.
You're doomed to eternally wandering the halls of Serie B Dec....kidding you'll be in Serie B about a 1000 posts from now,pretty good huh:BRMM:

Same team in 17?

You're doomed to eternally wandering the halls of Serie B Dec....kidding you'll be in Serie B about a 1000 posts from now,pretty good huh:BRMM:

Same team in 17?

Well it's not looking good bad night not even going to describe it 3 defeats and 1 win and I'm pissed off even though I'm still in fifth place. Need a break.

Well it's not looking good bad night not even going to describe it 3 defeats and 1 win and I'm pissed off even though I'm still in fifth place. Need a break.
Take a breather mate,needs to be done every now and then.
Might not play much this weekend,got a friends 40th tmw,beer and punk rock,so I'll be off my managerial duties.
Could be one of those Christmas parties the old Div 1 players used to do.
You'll bounce back

Haven't had time to post any replies on here.

But like Deco, I had a bad night tonight. My worst on this game. I've gone up to Superstar and suddenly I have forgotten how to pass, how to dribble with the stick, how to score. I think I am experiencing the scripting now. I played BRIGHTON and got hammered 5-1 my biggest defeat. It seemed that every ball was dropping to them. My players could not control the ball. At first I put this down to a bad game. The next game against Burnley was worse, I lost 3-0 I think. My players felt as if they were running in treacle or fudge or mud etc. They felt slow compared to the CPU. The CPU kept spamming through balls which is faire enough because it shows teams play differently.

Afterwards I put it down to Top Player against Charlton. I hammered them 3-1. Now here is my problem. On this level I can dispossess the CPU at will and dribble at will. I find it too easy and not enjoyable. I think I am going to have to go back up to Superstar and change formation or something. Maybe it is the first season script.

On another note, Deco, you asked if I'm on full manual. Yes I am. I do find the shooting a little overpowered compared to FIFA where you can have all sorts of shots depending on body position. For example I have had shots where I have completely shinned it and it has gone in row Z. That is only a little complaint about PES. I hope that is improved in the new game. Also, I am on PS4 but also have it on PS3.

Elja, how do you manage to get those pictures uploaded. For me videos is easy through YouTube but pictures I have to take with my camera and then upload it somewhere else first which takes time. Also, in the Championship if it's the same as real life. The top 2 get promoted then the next 4 have a play off.

Did some catching up in here.
The ML must have been dead between PES 10-14,very few post in that era.
Fun to read though,don't think I wrote anything in here wile I was playing ML on 6.
Must have had 15-20 season on PES 6.
Didn't play 7-8-9-10 a bit on 11 on PC.
Had a magic first season on it,managed to survive The premier Leauge by one point,in the final game with Blackpool.

Played 2 different campaigns on 13 ,4 with Boro,and 3 with Roma
Never bought 14
Had 4 seasons on 15, then 3 on PES 16

Then I went Goliath on my Xbox one.
Bought 15 again,had one season,before my 2 and half on 16 again.

That makes it 35 and half to 40 and a half seasons.
Can't remember, but I guess I had at least 4-5 on PES 5

So 40-45 seasons.
Shit....

Sounds like some interesting games there, heading to 5th year in serie B are you mate? :D

@Elja

I know right.. The combination of 15 minutes matches, manual controls, and low team spirit results in high scores like 3-3, 4-3, even got a 7-6 win against Fulham in the FA Cup.

Haven't had time to post any replies on here.

But like Deco, I had a bad night tonight. My worst on this game. I've gone up to Superstar and suddenly I have forgotten how to pass, how to dribble with the stick, how to score. I think I am experiencing the scripting now. I played BRIGHTON and got hammered 5-1 my biggest defeat. It seemed that every ball was dropping to them. My players could not control the ball. At first I put this down to a bad game. The next game against Burnley was worse, I lost 3-0 I think. My players felt as if they were running in treacle or fudge or mud etc. They felt slow compared to the CPU. The CPU kept spamming through balls which is faire enough because it shows teams play differently.

Afterwards I put it down to Top Player against Charlton. I hammered them 3-1. Now here is my problem. On this level I can dispossess the CPU at will and dribble at will. I find it too easy and not enjoyable. I think I am going to have to go back up to Superstar and change formation or something. Maybe it is the first season script.

On another note, Deco, you asked if I'm on full manual. Yes I am. I do find the shooting a little overpowered compared to FIFA where you can have all sorts of shots depending on body position. For example I have had shots where I have completely shinned it and it has gone in row Z. That is only a little complaint about PES. I hope that is improved in the new game. Also, I am on PS4 but also have it on PS3.

Elja, how do you manage to get those pictures uploaded. For me videos is easy through YouTube but pictures I have to take with my camera and then upload it somewhere else first which takes time. Also, in the Championship if it's the same as real life. The top 2 get promoted then the next 4 have a play off.

I agree shooting is overpowered in this game. They need to tone it down and let players make mistakes.

At the moment I changed my shooting settings to 'Advanced' this makes me really struggle to score.. Try it out if you think scoring is too easy.

I don't have a console, but isn't there button on your controller to take screenshots? I'm on PC geeee, there are many software to capture in game pictures.

Did some catching up in here.
The ML must have been dead between PES 10-14,very few post in that era.
Fun to read though,don't think I wrote anything in here wile I was playing ML on 6.
Must have had 15-20 season on PES 6.
Didn't play 7-8-9-10 a bit on 11 on PC.
Had a magic first season on it,managed to survive The premier Leauge by one point,in the final game with Blackpool.

Played 2 different campaigns on 13 ,4 with Boro,and 3 with Roma
Never bought 14
Had 4 seasons on 15, then 3 on PES 16

Then I went Goliath on my Xbox one.
Bought 15 again,had one season,before my 2 and half on 16 again.

That makes it 35 and half to 40 and a half seasons.
Can't remember, but I guess I had at least 4-5 on PES 5

So 40-45 seasons.
Shit....

Back in the day I really never played master league.. whenever i play pes it was with my mates. But I do remember there were many scripting in the PS1 versions.

Back
Top Bottom