The Master League adventures thread

A bunch of stinkers for my Roma, gambled with my b squad vs Salernitana in the cup, got smashed 5-2 over two games and I'm out.
Next up after that was Torino, a game that didn't go my at all, not one single touch, passes passing my players by etc and I lost 1-0
IMG_20240625_234245.jpg
Turned things around by beating Atalanta 3-1 away and my next game is Sampdoria at home, a must win.

Santos - Season 2 Summary (PES2021)

I have finally finished season 2 of my Santos save and it was a very successful season as we looked to adapt back to life in Serie A.

I mentioned in my last update that we crashed out of the Copa do Brasil which takes place before the league season starts. This meant that we only had the league season and Copa Libertadores campaign to focus on.

We started the season really well and found ourselves within touching distance of the top of the table at the midway point. Unfortunately, as we progressed further in the Copa Libertadores and the matches piled up we did not have the squad depth to continue our form. As a result the second half of the season was pretty inconsistent, with a few winning streaks accompanied by frustrating draws and losses. We just did not have the depth to compete on two fronts with games coming every 2-3 days. Despite a short period in the second half of the season where it looked like we may unexpectedly challenge for the title, we finished in 2nd place and runners up to Flamengo. In truth, Flamengo were the team to beat again and never really looked like slipping up as they claimed a second consecutive Serie A title.

IMG_3157.jpeg

The relegation scrap was an interesting one and we had a massive say in it as we played 3 of the teams fighting for survival in our last 3 games. In the end, it was Goiás who make an immediate return to Serie B alongside Vitoria, Coritiba and Botafogo.

Ponte Preta claimed the Serie B title to gain promotion to the top flight and Vasco Da Gama make an immediate return following their relegation the season before. Chapecoense and CRB made up the other two promoted teams.

IMG_3158.jpeg

We had a fantastic run in the Copa Libertadores. We managed to beat Flamengo in an epic all Brazilian Quarter Final, comfortably beating them over two legs. We were drawn against Palmeiras in another all Brazilian tie but unfortunately we could not repeat our heroics and we bowed out in the semi final.

It was Argentina vs Brazil in the final as River Plate defeated Palmeiras on penalties to bring the title back to Argentina.

IMG_3159.jpeg

All in all, a fantastic season for us - Comfortably establishing ourselves back in Serie A coupled with a solid run in the Copa Libertadores.

Ahead of season 3, we have already started a bit of a rebuild with 7 new signings. We’ve not strengthened too much in the last couple of seasons but a good run in the Copa Libertadores and a high finish in the league gave us the funds to make some key signings.

Igor Jesus and Clayson look like really exciting signings for us. Jesus joins from relegated Coritiba, but at 21 he has lots of room to develop. Clayson is a ready made player who joins from divisional rivals Bahia and will hopefully add some real quality. We’ve added depth and strengthened across the whole squad to hopefully help us avoid the fatigue/rotation issues that cost us at times last season.

IMG_3163.jpeg

Here’s hoping we can challenge for some trophies and enjoy a successful 3rd season!

Back
Top Bottom