The Master League adventures thread

So most of us are doing Serie A and B
I know that me and Deco is keeping it real with Italian commentary
How about you lot?
Keeping it real boys?

Damn this game is hard.. haven't started a proper ML because I'm still waiting for a patch that I usually use, but I tried doing Bari in Serie B. Played professional difficulty, 15 minutes match, full manuals. Played 5 matches, won the first two games (thought it would be easy), but then lost the rest 3 games. I also tried Top Player, in one half the cpu got about 12 shots and I got none. Looks like it'a gonna be a rough year but really fun. Only gripe is that the 5 games I played were all night games, didn't konami say thay fixed that?
Yeah,they said they did,but not really believing that,also should be a winter break in Italy as well

Anyone have the issue with game crashing on first day of transfer period(01.01.2017) ???

edit: I'm using PesGalaxy patch.

So just beat Juventus 2-0,their second loss of the season.
My January transfer window has just closed,so a summary is in place.

I'm in 7th place on 45 pts,5pts behind Inter in third,and,13 behind leaders Juventus
I'll be facing AS Roma in the TIM cup qtrs.
Liverpool will be my last 32 opponents in EL
Top scorer for me is C Bacca on 8 (two inj,so we'll done)
Team spirit at 85 and team strength at 81,will rise,since I have a few new signings.

Transfers
Out:Zapata,Lazio €11,5 m,Fernandez,Feyenoord €13,5m
Abbiati,free West Ham,Kucka Deportivo €10,7m
In:Matip Liverpool,€18,7 m Jesé PSG €17,3 m,Gomis Bologna €3 m
Masauko West Ham €10,2 m
Spent €49,2 m
Earned €35,7 m

Good position in the league,in the cups,money well spent on transfers,had a good solid bundle to spend since I hardly spent any in August,plus got rid of a few high salary posts

Last edited:
I feel the responsiveness as I sign better players,but most def when team spirit is high.
I'm between 75-85 depending on which eleven I set up

Played Roma at home,first leg TIM cup.
Rested a few players,lost 1-0.

2nd leg I put out my strongest side.
Great game by me,feel that my players are so fast responding and passing,and also my own manual passing has improved a lot.
1-0 up,long shot GK got a hand to it,rebound in
2-0 a long shot from 20 m top right corner,stunner.
By now they had to put pressure on me,and boy did they,had absolutely no time to pass or turn around,good thing my passin has improved,got myself out of most situations
Last goal was a long ball up to my striker who did the def and got himself 1vs1 with the keeper,rolled it in easily.
3-1 and I'm through to the semis vs Fiorentina

My 4-3-3 with false nine works like a charm,since 2 MF is AMF in attack,and my CF takes a step down when in poss on the flank,tons of spaces there.
They have a hard time marking the three of us in there.
So much fun
Next stop Liverpool in the EL and then merdalazio

So just beat Juventus 2-0,their second loss of the season.
My January transfer window has just closed,so a summary is in place.

I'm in 7th place on 45 pts,5pts behind Inter in third,and,13 behind leaders Juventus
I'll be facing AS Roma in the TIM cup qtrs.
Liverpool will be my last 32 opponents in EL
Top scorer for me is C Bacca on 8 (two inj,so we'll done)
Team spirit at 85 and team strength at 81,will rise,since I have a few new signings.

Transfers
Out:Zapata,Lazio €11,5 m,Fernandez,Feyenoord €13,5m
Abbiati,free West Ham,Kucka Deportivo €10,7m
In:Matip Liverpool,€18,7 m Jesé PSG €17,3 m,Gomis Bologna €3 m
Masauko West Ham €10,2 m
Spent €49,2 m
Earned €35,7 m

Good position in the league,in the cups,money well spent on transfers,had a good solid bundle to spend since I hardly spent any in January,plus got rid of a few high salary posts

It's well for you with all that money. . .I was given three million to spend and I have to be careful with the new system. . .even with the right price for a player I can't buy them cos my wage allowance is 2 or 3 hundred thousand . . .I have my work cut out with buying players .. .I'm not complaining though. .that's what I signed up for. Good win over Juve for you.

It's well for you with all that money. . .I was given three million to spend and I have to be careful with the new system. . .even with the right price for a player I can't buy them cos my wage allowance is 2 or 3 hundred thousand . . .I have my work cut out with buying players .. .I'm not complaining though. .that's what I signed up for. Good win over Juve for you.
cheers Dec,yes I know different leagues,think I had around 20 to begin with,sold a few players in August got some cash,and you also get rewarded for getting through in the cups.
This year,no matter how much you have to spend,it's always the salary budget to consider.
Think that's a good thing
Still going with 4-3-3?

cheers Dec,yes I know different leagues,think I had around 20 to begin with,sold a few players in August got some cash,and you also get rewarded for getting through in the cups.
This year,no matter how much you have to spend,it's always the salary budget to consider.
Think that's a good thing
Still going with 4-3-3?

Well at the moment Rock I have to use 4-5-1 or it will lower my team spirit but I have one of them at 4-3-3. . although for the Italian feel it has to be 3-5-2 for me . . I only played 2 games today so tomorrow I'll put a shift in. . .to be honest I'm not expecting much the first season but I'll post up whats happening .. .it won't get good til season 2 from past experience. . but I'm sticking with it whatever happens.

That's good to hear,best thing so far,played half a season on top player and a few professional in the beginning,no scripting,not noticeable anyway.

Like I said before,not sure if I'll keep my Milan ML,might just be a season to play through,to see what happends,still got the Palermo one waiting,and that will be a different journey

How did you know that i'm using Italian commentary?. .. . Rock you know me well.

Now that scares me a bit lol..

What difficulty level are you guys on? I can't go above professional atm, the thing is although I never dominate a match sometimes I feel like the AI is not pressuring me too much. I tried bumping up to top player once but I was pretty much defending the whole match, I'm not sure if it's just that type of match where the cpu is that good. I should test more matches.

What difficulty level are you guys on? I can't go above professional atm, the thing is although I never dominate a match sometimes I feel like the AI is not pressuring me too much. I tried bumping up to top player once but I was pretty much defending the whole match, I'm not sure if it's just that type of match where the cpu is that good. I should test more matches.
I started on Superstar,felt great,a few games in not so great,went TP,struggled,went down to proffesional,after a while back to Top player.
Still think proffesional is the best level,CPU plays so good there,still a challenge with a weaker or middle of the pack team.
Might go back to it if I play with Palermo

Top Player for me Elja . ..I actually haven't tried professional.

I started on Superstar,felt great,a few games in not so great,went TP,struggled,went down to proffesional,after a while back to Top player.
Still think proffesional is the best level,CPU plays so good there,still a challenge with a weaker or middle of the pack team.
Might go back to it if I play with Palermo

Yes rock, it is quit a challenge when I tried with Bari. At times it feels easy, as in I'm not too pressured when I have the ball, bet when I see the stats at the end of the game the matches I play were pretty much even. I also tried matt's 5 second fix tweak and it makes it even tighter I felt, or maybe I was just tired because it was about 2am, gonna test more tonight.

Top Player for me Elja . ..I actually haven't tried professional.

I tried top player once and I got battered. I should have tried to play more games to see the variations. But last night, I played 5 ML matches on professional won 2 and lost 3, so I'm probably not ready for TP

Even though i still play a bit of Fifa 16,and still find that a very good game,it still amazes me how good this plays when I play ML.
looking fw to if the games has some good updates in the future,besides the stadiums.
Still feel cheated on the "real kick off times" though,and that pretty much all presentation is PES 15-16.
But I'll live with that since it's so amazing.
And we've had this discussion before,manual ( or pass a 0)can't believe that people aren't playing on that?
Seems like a bunch of us is,but really recommend all to do it,game is so much better on it,even on proffesional,the challenge is bigger,more fun than PA1 on SS.

Yes rock, it is quit a challenge when I tried with Bari. At times it feels easy, as in I'm not too pressured when I have the ball, bet when I see the stats at the end of the game the matches I play were pretty much even. I also tried matt's 5 second fix tweak and it makes it even tighter I felt, or maybe I was just tired because it was about 2am, gonna test more tonight.

I tried top player once and I got battered. I should have tried to play more games to see the variations. But last night, I played 5 ML matches on professional won 2 and lost 3, so I'm probably not ready for TP
Hope you never get ready Elja;)
It's so good on proffesional,absolutely the right balance,good players= good,great=great.
Think on TP and especially SS,good players =great.

Even though i still play a bit of Fifa 16,and still find that a very good game,it still amazes me how good this plays when I play ML.
looking fw to if the games has some good updates in the future,besides the stadiums.
Still feel cheated on the "real kick off times" though,and that pretty much all presentation is PES 15-16.
But I'll live with that since it's so amazing.
And we've had this discussion before,manual ( or pass a 0)can't believe that people aren't playing on that?
Seems like a bunch of us is,but really recommend all to do it,game is so much better on it,even on proffesional,the challenge is bigger,more fun than PA1 on SS.

Looks like Italian commentary, replicating Sacchi and 0 pass assist are on the agenda for the days play then. Only thing that worries me is that my passing will be horrendous. Plus, doesn't it render player passing attributes kind of worthless? I really enjoy using the gifted passers and don't want to lose that feeling that they can open the defence up at will.

Think the main thing on manual is that the game gets looser,and if the game gets looser,more room for 50-50 chances,and you can pull off moves that you can't on A1.
Like passing into spaces where your players aren't,but will get to,if you switch your players right,and that confuses the CPU big time,they have to break formation and so on,and you can pressure them.
Just feels looser.
And besides,proffesional on PA0 is still tough as hell
Still think you can open up def,once you get good at it.
But,not saying all should,but to me,it's so good,game feels so good on it

Sounds tempting, I like the idea of more freedom with the passing. Just don't want to waste the player stats and have Iniesta passing the ball with the same quality as Robert Huth.

IMO the impact of Team Spirit is too big.
I'm playing two ML: one with Southampton (team spirit of 71) and one with Argentinian club Belgrana (team spirit 54).

I'm really strugling with Belgrano.
Won 1 match (against River Plate!), lost 1 (Newell's Old Boys, one of the better teams) and drew 6 in a row.

Yesterday i play Defansa Y Justicia (that is a team's name). They had a team spirit of 72, against my poor 54. At halftime i was leading 1-0, but i knew i had to score at least one other goal. The second half was the best half i played in PES2017 ML. Totally dominated them, but missed chance after chance (their GK was fantastic).

In injury time they had a corner and of course they scored, a ball that got stuck between two players and the attacker had the quickest reaction, the ball went in via the shoulder of one of my players.

This was a hugely entertaining match, but the result is frustrating. This was the 6 consecutive draw in a row and with Southampton i have had 4 in a row (one grat match against West Ham were they were 2-0 up at half time, but iscored 2 in the second half).

Great gameplay, but the influence of team spirit is exagerated...

Last rant about manual,promise.
Played three games on PA1 hen I was struggling in my ML,had lost 4 games in a row on TP.
I can only compare it to online vs ML or exhibition vs ML.
That's the only comparison I can think of,the "feel" of the game changes so much between pa1 and pa0.
You know the "feeling" we always try to shove down FIFA players throats.

Sounds tempting, I like the idea of more freedom with the passing. Just don't want to waste the player stats and have Iniesta passing the ball with the same quality as Robert Huth.
Ha ha that would be bad.
Naah,all to their own mate,if you love it on pa1,keep going.
But it's deffo something to think about,but it t will be a nightmare for a long time

I'm playing two ML: one with Southampton (team spirit of 71) and one with Argentinian club Belgrana (team spirit 54).

Won 1 match (against River Plate!), lost 1 (Newell's Old Boys, one of the better teams) and drew 6 in a row.

Yesterday i play Defansa Y Justicia (that is a team's name). They had a team spirit of 72, against my poor 54. At halftime i was leading 1-0, but i knew i had to score at least one other goal. The second half was the best half i played in PES2017 ML. Totally dominated them, but missed chance after chance (their GK was fantastic).

In injury time they had a corner and of course they scored, a ball that got stuck between two players and the attacker had the quickest reaction, the ball went in via the shoulder of one of my players.

This was a hugely entertaining match, but the result is frustrating. This was the 6 consecutive draw in a row and with Southampton i have had 4 in a row (one grat match against West Ham were they were 2-0 up at half time, but iscored 2 in the second half).

I found out the hard way,that you have change tactics a great deal during the game.
Especially if your ahead the last 15-20 minutes,that's when they start to press you,and you have no time on the ball in your on half,that's when you have to set up your team for either clearing the ball,or keep possesion.
Corners and defending them are tough,really have to pick out a strong defender fast and controll him and letting no him head or clear it.
It will get better mate,trust me,I had a nightmare before

Gerd I had to play with 33 team spirit the other day and like you created chances but couldn't score . . .all part of the fun.

I took over Ipswich and transfer listed the whole team on day one. I have since signed Lucas Anderson, Fred (DMF), Maher, Bruma, Lucas Silva and Quintero for free. I also have deals going through for Rashford and Angel Correa and I'm picking up a few more squad players on free transfers too. It'll take about 10 games to gel but when they do that's a team for the foreseeable future. The only issue is that I've raised over £30m selling players (to clear the wage bill) but unfortunately I can not reallocate my transfer kitty for salaries. I know this tact probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if the game allows for such ridiculous mechanics then so be it. :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom