The Master League adventures thread

Yeah, I think I might join you all in Italy and get a Serie B save going with whoever has that most attractive jerseys.

My option file has the BPL, Championship, LaLiga, LaLiga 2, Serie A, Serie B, Liga NOS, Bundesliga in full. Do I need to do anything before I start in terms of setting up UCL and Europa League participants?

EDIT: Also, what game settings i.e full manual or not, difficulty and game speed are you guys using. The base game is fantastic, but I want to experiment a little and see what else it offers.

Yeah, I think I might join you all in Italy and get a Serie B save going with whoever has that most attractive jerseys.

My option file has the BPL, Championship, LaLiga, LaLiga 2, Serie A, Serie B, Liga NOS, Bundesliga in full. Do I need to do anything before I start in terms of setting up UCL and Europa League participants?

EDIT: Also, what game settings i.e full manual or not, difficulty and game speed are you guys using. The base game is fantastic, but I want to experiment a little and see what else it offers.

It's the amount of slots available that's the problem unless I'm doing something wrong. . .. . I use manual, top player -1 speed .. 15 mins matches.

Hm, I'm not sure what's causing that. Might it be the size of the kit files? I think people have been saying 1024x1024 are better as there are more slots available for that size.

I'll try -1 speed and see if that feels any better to me. I'll eventually migrate to manual... providing I don't have as rough a time as you guys are having in your ML.

I'm playing -1, 15 mins matches (PC), but I'm not sure about manual. Through pass can only be basic / advanced, right? :/ The 'manual' passing is when you activate PA0, maybe. Not sure how to set up the full manual thing, and not even sure if that will be nice... ML + Top player is scary.

in master league players feel like unresposive and slow with low team spirit is this normal or input lag? i am playing it on pc.. using fruit's mods and playing it on high 1080p..

I'm playing -1, 15 mins matches (PC), but I'm not sure about manual. Through pass can only be basic / advanced, right? :/ The 'manual' passing is when you activate PA0, maybe. Not sure how to set up the full manual thing, and not even sure if that will be nice... ML + Top player is scary.

I don't use advanced through ball but the rest is manual.

I don't use advanced through ball but the rest is manual.

So PA0 + basic through ball + manual shooting?

EDIT: I've read that with manual you see less animations than in advanced. Is that true? :( I really like advanced shooting and the different types of through pass...

Last edited:
So PA0 + basic through ball + manual shooting?

EDIT: I've read that with manual you see less animations than in advanced. Is that true? :( I really like advanced shooting and the different types of through pass...

I haven't a clue I didn't use it long enough to notice .. . .I realise that the purists say that for full manual you must use advanced through ball .. . . . .why not advanced shooting then ? I'll stick to what I know. On another note I'm getting murdered In Ml default. . . my team spirit is 33 . ..I haven' t a hope for this season.

I haven't a clue I didn't use it long enough to notice .. . .I realise that the purists say that for full manual you must use advanced through ball .. . . . .why not advanced shooting then ? I'll stick to what I know. On another note I'm getting murdered In Ml default. . . my team spirit is 33 . ..I haven' t a hope for this season.
Its fun isn't it...
So hard.
Can't remember how many times I've told my controller to fuck off.
Character building?

Hey folks! Just signed up to the the forum after spending the last couple of years regularly visiting to read up on the latest game (s). Figured I would sign up myself and get in on the ML discussion!

Anyway, now that I have my option file stuff all set up, I've settled on Pisa in Serie B. I'll be playing on superstar, using the default players. PA1 and basic shooting for me though I'm afraid. Can never seem to get into manual play and I much prefer playing to relax rather than stressing myself out on manual!

Using the default players with a twist though - in that I'm only going to allow myself to use default/youth players I haven't used in previous PES games. So no Coutinho, Neillender, Nouhei, Aartmen, Arcas etc etc. Meaning I'll be starting with the even-more-crap-than-usual defaults! No transfers in the first window either, as always. Should be fun - looking forward to getting it going later on!

Its fun isn't it...
So hard.
Can't remember how many times I've told my controller to fuck off.
Character building?

I made a balls of it Rock by changing too much. . started again same setup only bought 3 players and left the default formation alone or the team spirit is fucked and guess what I still got beaten ha ha.

Hey folks! Just signed up to the the forum after spending the last couple of years regularly visiting to read up on the latest game (s). Figured I would sign up myself and get in on the ML discussion!

Anyway, now that I have my option file stuff all set up, I've settled on Pisa in Serie B. I'll be playing on superstar, using the default players. PA1 and basic shooting for me though I'm afraid. Can never seem to get into manual play and I much prefer playing to relax rather than stressing myself out on manual!

Using the default players with a twist though - in that I'm only going to allow myself to use default/youth players I haven't used in previous PES games. So no Coutinho, Neillender, Nouhei, Aartmen, Arcas etc etc. Meaning I'll be starting with the even-more-crap-than-usual defaults! No transfers in the first window either, as always. Should be fun - looking forward to getting it going later on!
Ballsy move mate,and welcome

I made a balls of it Rock by changing too much. . started again same setup only bought 3 players and left the default formation alone or the team spirit is fucked and guess what I still got beaten ha ha.
It's going to be a long season Dec,I restarted my ML 3 times,now I'm pleased with it,still get bet all the time though,might go with my Palermo save simultaneously.
You default guys are nuts

I'd argue manual is way harder than just playing with the defaults. Anyone doing both must hate themselves! :p

Cant play with defaults partly due to being crap but also I like having the real team players. Going to probably going to start up tonight though as im 9 teams away from having a full set of Other Europeans... based on me importing 5 teams that I cant have real players on because they are 'created' over created teams. Possibly going to hang on for a rumoured Zenit.

Not sure where to start though, thinking Serie B... though the challenge of La Liga 2 and usurping Real and Barcelona appeals as well. Choices :BEER:

Cant play with defaults partly due to being crap but also I like having the real team players. Going to probably going to start up tonight though as im 9 teams away from having a full set of Other Europeans... based on me importing 5 teams that I cant have real players on because they are 'created' over created teams. Possibly going to hang on for a rumoured Zenit.

Not sure where to start though, thinking Serie B... though the challenge of La Liga 2 and usurping Real and Barcelona appeals as well. Choices :BEER:

Be a man and tackle those defaults.

It's going to be a long season Dec,I restarted my ML 3 times,now I'm pleased with it,still get bet all the time though,might go with my Palermo save simultaneously.
You default guys are nuts

Rock I started again but this time I kept the formation that is originally there because if you alter it you lose your team spirit by about 20 points ... anyway I only had 2 matches and lost the first but won the next game 1-0 and will only gradually add players or fuck with the formation. . .actually seems more balanced. I'm still laughing at your comment of "fun isn't it" lol.

Holy shit this game surprises you.
Had Fiorentina at home,tough enough boys,especially since my latest games have been a struggle.

Pouring rain,a fast pitch and floodlights.
Fiorentina played very fast and direct straight from kick off,had a tough time keeping them out.
My side was set very defensively,4-3-3, a formation a like.
In the 22nd minute they hit me with a counter attack and Kalinic toe poked in 1-0.
Pretty much thought that was it,that early on,since I didn't create anything at all.
Thes defences are so hard to break down.

2nd half,and what surprised me,was the weather,the pitch became so slow due to the rain,first time I've experienced that,brilliant stuff Konami
You had to apply much more power to all your passes (go manual kids) and that really benefited me,since Fiorentina had to play slower.

Tackles were flying in,and in the 64th minute Badelj in Fiorentina got his marching orders,2nd yellow,my player out with an injury.
Made a triple sub,and pushed up my team even more,and had three good chances the last 25.
Thought it would end 1-0, when Bacca had a great chance,but saved.
Then in the 94th minute my precious Bacca struck a screamer post in and made it 1-1.
94th baby,last fucking kick of the game,justice at last,praise the Lord.
God damn this game is good,absolutely amazing
Here's a recap gents

Rock I started again but this time I kept the formation that is originally there because if you alter it you lose your team spirit by about 20 points ... anyway I only had 2 matches and lost the first but won the next game 1-0 and will only gradually add players or fuck with the formation. . .actually seems more balanced. I'm still laughing at your comment of "fun isn't it" lol.
It's an evil comment right:)
Yeah you're right about team spirits,changes a lot if you add to much players,haven't seen in any drop in spirit due to my change in tactics.
A good thing is that you can use players on different positions,they'll gradually grow into their new position
One thing,do you know if you can change kit numbers during the season?
My "change number" is blurred and you can't click on it,guess only at the start of the season right?
I'm starting to feel comfy now,still so hard but not impossible,a change to 4-3-3 made it better for me
Good luck son

It's an evil comment right:)
Yeah you're right about team spirits,changes a lot if you add to much players,haven't seen in any drop in spirit due to my change in tactics.
A good thing is that you can use players on different positions,they'll gradually grow into their new position
One thing,do you know if you can change kit numbers during the season?
My "change number" is blurred and you can't click on it,guess only at the start of the season right?
I'm starting to feel comfy now,still so hard but not impossible,a change to 4-3-3 made it better for me
Good luck son

I was referring to using default players . . .btw I wasn't slagging your comment off I actually found it really funny because I was going through crap when I changed formations and immediately dropping down to 33 team spirit from 55 . . no offence intended.

hello everyone, after pes galaxy patch,adding some faces to young players,fruits patch i decided to start ML with derby country, i am playing on super star difficulty.. bought bruma,donash,poko so basicaly new team with 51ts played 20 games last 18 games were like most of the game 1-0,1-1,0-1 and tried formations tactics all that but still hard to score goals and unresposive slow start because of teamspirit.
Then in january sold few players and trade odegard for ings+2mil also bought embolo 10mil, o.dembele 8mil
now my team spirit is 70 from 73 and i switched formation 4-3-3 tikitaka+wing rotation and deep defensive+counter target
last two game probably my best game in pes 2017 in master league so far.. 1st game 4-0 hatrick embolo, 2nd game 4-0 hatrick embolo suddenly the game has changed and i am in 5th place really enjoying the gameplay my team spirit is improving right now is 74 embolo is beast.. the best thing i like how players adapt your style of play also u can change players style thats really now i am gonna change hughes playing style to creative midfielder from hole player.. playing on pc still after 2013 best footballgame.

I was referring to using default players . . .btw I wasn't slagging your comment off I actually found it really funny because I was going through crap when I changed formations and immediately dropping down to 33 team spirit from 55 . . no offence intended.
Of course not mate,non intended or even noticed.
Yeah it drops fast when you mess around.
I was going insane Thursday -Tuesday with this game,I thought I'm never ever gonna enjoy it,just hard work and every single bad luck thrown at you.
Pretty much gave up,but then 5-6 into my career (my third I think) it got manageable and even very enjoyable.
So things will improve,think team spirit is even more important this time,plus team strength
A tip,if you don't have,let's say a left winger,but to many AMF,get one in that position,they'll grow into it rather fast

So I finally got going on my tester ML today. I'm in Serie B (copycat, I know) with Spezia Calcio using their real squad, the defaults would kind of halt the immersion for me I think. But the main thing I've learned is that holy cow ML is insanely tense and competitive. Quite staggering compared to the tempo of exhibition mode.

I began with a simple 4-3-3 and got a simple position structure in place, trying to not to be too elaborate whilst the players and team spirit adjust to my tactics. Roll on the first game against FC Carpi and I'm 2-0 down at half time and stunned. My midfield was wide open and every time I tried to play through them the ball kept coming back and coming back fast. They were slicing me open repeatedly and I was lucky to only be 2 down. I made a change at half time adding the advanced instruction "Attacking Full Backs" as I was only using the gegenpressing option. Instantly I was at least a bit more secure and less susceptible to the counter, although I was still struggling. I decided to bring Nenê off the bench, he's not my kind of player but he hit a quick fire double and I was content. Until the same issues from the first half flared up and I was down 3-2 as quickly as I'd levelled it. Fortunately a late scramble in the box fell to my RWF Piccolo who shifted to his left and fired in low to rescue a point.

An exciting game but I was left disappointed with how my team performed tactically so I decided to opt for a change after the game. Taking inspiration from Guardiola at City I added the false full back instruction and pushed my midfielders forward to become AMFs with a DMF in front of the defence and asked my wingers to stay as wide as they could (though I did not add hug the touchline instruction). I felt I needed more bodies centrally plus the false full backs would be in better positions to cover should play break down in midfield. On to the next game against Citadella to see how it fared.

The first half was perfect, they had only one half chance from a cross and we went in sporting a 1-0 lead after dominating play. We pressed heavily to force a long ball and my centre half recovered the ball and split the midfield with a fast pass into my CF who had dropped off slightly. My AMF Sciandone made a run into the vacated space and the CF picked him out with a nice lofted pass, one touch and a cool low finish to round the move off.

The second half started off horrendously with some terrible defending by me in a wide area leading to them pulling the ball back to a forward just inside the penalty area to level the score. Despite the set back our domination continued and a one two between RWF Piccolo and substitute CF Piu on the edge of the area put Piccolo through and he sealed the win with his second goal of the season.

Much happier with the possession play and structure of the side in the second game. The false full backs worked perfectly and their positioning was much nicer now that I was using less able full backs without the offensive full back playing style. One other change I made was altering my DMF to a CMF although I didn't change his physical position on the game plan. This was due to him constantly dropping into the defensive line against my wishes and I wanted him to be available on the second line of play, rather than the first.

Only one transfer, I sold a striker called Granoche for £1,723,400 to S.P.A.L as I deemed him to be of no use when I had more promising younger forwards I could mould to my liking. Apologies for the wall of text but I had such a blast and considering this is my first PES game and first ML I had a baptism of fire

So I finally got going on my tester ML today. I'm in Serie B (copycat, I know) with Spezia Calcio using their real squad, the defaults would kind of halt the immersion for me I think. But the main thing I've learned is that holy cow ML is insanely tense and competitive. Quite staggering compared to the tempo of exhibition mode.

I began with a simple 4-3-3 and got a simple position structure in place, trying to not to be too elaborate whilst the players and team spirit adjust to my tactics. Roll on the first game against FC Carpi and I'm 2-0 down at half time and stunned. My midfield was wide open and every time I tried to play through them the ball kept coming back and coming back fast. They were slicing me open repeatedly and I was lucky to only be 2 down. I made a change at half time adding the advanced instruction "Attacking Full Backs" as I was only using the gegenpressing option. Instantly I was at least a bit more secure and less susceptible to the counter, although I was still struggling. I decided to bring Nenê off the bench, he's not my kind of player but he hit a quick fire double and I was content. Until the same issues from the first half flared up and I was down 3-2 as quickly as I'd levelled it. Fortunately a late scramble in the box fell to my RWF Piccolo who shifted to his left and fired in low to rescue a point.

An exciting game but I was left disappointed with how my team performed tactically so I decided to opt for a change after the game. Taking inspiration from Guardiola at City I added the false full back instruction and pushed my midfielders forward to become AMFs with a DMF in front of the defence and asked my wingers to stay as wide as they could (though I did not add hug the touchline instruction). I felt I needed more bodies centrally plus the false full backs would be in better positions to cover should play break down in midfield. On to the next game against Citadella to see how it fared.

The first half was perfect, they had only one half chance from a cross and we went in sporting a 1-0 lead after dominating play. We pressed heavily to force a long ball and my centre half recovered the ball and split the midfield with a fast pass into my CF who had dropped off slightly. My AMF Sciandone made a run into the vacated space and the CF picked him out with a nice lofted pass, one touch and a cool low finish to round the move off.

The second half started off horrendously with some terrible defending by me in a wide area leading to them pulling the ball back to a forward just inside the penalty area to level the score. Despite the set back our domination continued and a one two between RWF Piccolo and substitute CF Piu on the edge of the area put Piccolo through and he sealed the win with his second goal of the season.

Much happier with the possession play and structure of the side in the second game. The false full backs worked perfectly and their positioning was much nicer now that I was using less able full backs without the offensive full back playing style. One other change I made was altering my DMF to a CMF although I didn't change his physical position on the game plan. This was due to him constantly dropping into the defensive line against my wishes and I wanted him to be available on the second line of play, rather than the first.

Only one transfer, I sold a striker called Granoche for £1,723,400 to S.P.A.L as I deemed him to be of no use when I had more promising younger forwards I could mould to my liking. Apologies for the wall of text but I had such a blast and considering this is my first PES game and first ML I had a baptism of fire
It's so different to all the other modes,I started playing my ML same day the game came out,on Xbox one,so no option file for me,and I read here,and also elsewhere "how easy PES is" especially from people who hadn't started an ML.
Just sitting back and looking like Mr Burns now "excellent"
Glad you like it

Definitely a stark difference, a refreshing one though. The gratification of tactical trouble shooting is something I've never had a chance to experience with the FIFA series.

Managed to make a start on the Sacchi tactics as well, he's fairly simple to nail down. Just got some positional tweaks to make.

Definitely a stark difference, a refreshing one though. The gratification of tactical trouble shooting is something I've never had a chance to experience with the FIFA series.

Managed to make a start on the Sacchi tactics as well, he's fairly simple to nail down. Just got some positional tweaks to make.
Lovely!

Damn this game is hard.. haven't started a proper ML because I'm still waiting for a patch that I usually use, but I tried doing Bari in Serie B. Played professional difficulty, 15 minutes match, full manuals. Played 5 matches, won the first two games (thought it would be easy), but then lost the rest 3 games. I also tried Top Player, in one half the cpu got about 12 shots and I got none. Looks like it'a gonna be a rough year but really fun. Only gripe is that the 5 games I played were all night games, didn't konami say thay fixed that?

Back
Top Bottom