The Master League adventures thread

You're doing Milan again rock? I downloaded my patch today, so will start my ML now, just confused of what league I'm gonna do.

I agree with you about the 20 minutes match time. Last year playing 20 mins will be a goal fest, but this year the defending is so good.

My housemate and I started a co-op ML last night with Fulham and the default players. Looking forward to everything that comes with building a team from nothing. Already got Matt Taylor in on a free to captain the side haha.

First game we went 1-0 up early but the team started to get very tired. Last 20 mins was all wigan but we went full d-pad defence level and saw the game out. 2nd game our 442 tactics got destroyed by Rotherham and we lost 2-0. Gave away a pen last min too so our best player suspended and that game over. Today going to look at our tactics and try and get some players in before the window shuts.

Loving it so far though, the negotiations are great. We tried to reduce Matt Taylor's wages but talks broke down, when they came back wages were higher again but we managed to talk him down to around the original number.

I'm doing little half-saves at the minute with the PESHK file (which has quite a lot of data changes really), but before I start "properly" I'm waiting for an option file that fixes the fake players in Brazil and sorts all the duplicated players that exist in the national teams.

Nothing worse than seeing the fake top-quality German national team players snapped up by teams around you and thinking "he's not even real". Same applies with those fake European teams that bleed into the UEFA competitions (and their fake players).

Thank God things are easier this year...

Really enjoying my Middlesbrough save on Top Player, though. We're 13th in the league after a couple of wins, but the majority of games are a slog (in a really satisfying way).

If Cristiano releases his v3 tomorrow with Liga 2 and Serie B finished then I'll be kicking it off with a default team in Serie B. . .can't wait.

Nice. Im tempted to start on that myself.

Do you know (little off topic) but if I do start, should I get kits and team names for the Other European teams at a later date, will they overwrite the fake European teams that will exist in the save?

I know the players wont change, but I mean say I start the save and Gharnetova are in there... then 1 week later, im able to update Gharnetova in edit to say Rapid Vienna... will they become Rapid Vienna in the save? Or am I forever stuck with Gharnetova?

This is the one thing holding me back, not necessarily the players (as I can partly deal with that and am happy for them to evolve in the game world), but mainly the teams being fake with fake Konami kits.

You're doing Milan again rock? I downloaded my patch today, so will start my ML now, just confused of what league I'm gonna do.

I agree with you about the 20 minutes match time. Last year playing 20 mins will be a goal fest, but this year the defending is so good.
Good question mate,yeah I'm 4 games in with Milan,at the same time I have a Palermo save,and that's a bit more challenging,so think I'll go with that one

after the pes galaxy patch and i added lots of faces to the young players now i decided to start master league but which team to start with default/2nd div club..

Nice. Im tempted to start on that myself.

Do you know (little off topic) but if I do start, should I get kits and team names for the Other European teams at a later date, will they overwrite the fake European teams that will exist in the save?

I know the players wont change, but I mean say I start the save and Gharnetova are in there... then 1 week later, im able to update Gharnetova in edit to say Rapid Vienna... will they become Rapid Vienna in the save? Or am I forever stuck with Gharnetova?

This is the one thing holding me back, not necessarily the players (as I can partly deal with that and am happy for them to evolve in the game world), but mainly the teams being fake with fake Konami kits.

Yeh I'm quite sure that they do Mehuk . . .the players stats won't. What's off topic about that? You're talking about the Master League. Just wait for the patch tomorrow and you can fire it up.

4th leauge game.
Played Genoa away,always scrappy and brutal affairs.
Think it was the fourth straight night game.on my Palermo save I have three straight day games,go figure.

They played 4-5-1,no spaces to play the ball into.
First half very much a war on the midfield,tried to create,they shut me down.
5 mins into the 2nd half I got the ball just outside the box,turned around,took a touch and fired a quick shot,deflected on a knee and in.
So rewarding.
5 mins later I crossed the ball into the box,Bacca chested it and struck it on volley far post.
2-0!
In the 70th they got a penalty and scored on it.
The last 20 minutes they were ruthless,just kept coming,I kept hoofing.
Held on,with dumb luck I guess to get my first win.
Shit that felt good.

A few things,this game really requires tactical awareness,not just before the game,and a def/off change when needed.
Needs to be carefully watched all the time.
Example
1 when I couldn't get passes in between MF/DF,I should have changed my MF to get passes in there.
2 when they pressed me the last 20 min,I went down to a 4-4-2 (from 4-1-3-2) with two def MF
I should have spread my fw more,one on the left flank and one in the middle/right,cause I didn't have any options when clearing/hoofing/going long,they kept pressure on me,my fw were to tight together.
So tactical awareness is so important

Holy shit this game plays well

Next game
Juventus away (again....)
Always a breeze right?
I played so well in this one,Juve didnt press me that Much,on their half yes,but had plenty of time on my own.
Got 1-0 up on a shot tha Buffon had to parry,straight out to a def,who got trapped by Bacca,easy roll in.

2nd half
Juve started to turn the pace up,moving more players into my half,but felt secure and played good defence.
Then out of the blue they shot from 25 m,Donnarumma got a hand on it,bounced of a defender to Alves who tapped it in on a leg.
Got a FK outside their box,struck it crossbar and out,ended up with my winger who crossed it to Bacca who headed it straight down tw the left post,Buffon made an insane save to keep it out
Juve kept crossing and I kept conceding corners and in the 90+2 on of those crosses went back and forth in my 6 yard box and Alves (bastard) slid it in for 2-1

Rough rough loss,never felt down and out,but didn't have luck on my side.
Bummer.
Made the same mistake as the first time vs Juve,to quick on the trigger selecting kits,and played white vs striped black/white.
Didn't help either.

Next game
Juventus away (again....)
Always a breeze right?
I played so well in this one,Juve didnt press me that Much,on their half yes,but had plenty of time on my own.
Got 1-0 up on a shot tha Buffon had to parry,straight out to a def,who got trapped by Bacca,easy roll in.

2nd half
Juve started to turn the pace up,moving more players into my half,but felt secure and played good defence.
Then out of the blue they shot from 25 m,Donnarumma got a hand on it,bounced of a defender to Alves who tapped it in on a leg.
Got a FK outside their box,struck it crossbar and out,ended up with my winger who crossed it to Bacca who headed it straight down tw the left post,Buffon made an insane save to keep it out
Juve kept crossing and I kept conceding corners and in the 90+2 on of those crosses went back and forth in my 6 yard box and Alves (bastard) slid it in for 2-1

Rough rough loss,never felt down and out,but didn't have luck on my side.
Bummer.
Made the same mistake as the first time vs Juve,to quick on the trigger selecting kits,and played white vs striped black/white.
Didn't help either.

Damn these updates are making me desperate for a complete European OF. Tough loss vs Juve, but the gameplay sounds so rewarding. Keep us posted.

It's been years since i've visited this thread, but i 'm tempted to write about my last ML because the game is ace once again.
I'm playing on top player and i must say i struggle.

Started a ML with Southampton.

Won the first match against Burnley (3-1).
Then i had to play Crystal Palace away and boy did i get a thrashing: lost 3-0 and Benteke was unstoppable.

Next match was against Hull. Southampton were the better team but i just couldn't score, it ended 0-0.

Then i won 1-2 against Utrecht in the Euro League.

Bought two players:

Striker Bakambu from Villareal
Christian Pulisic from Dortmund.

Also wanted to buy Sven Kums from Udines but they asked 26 million euro for a 28 hyear old player, that is too much.

I would like to read about the tactics of this game.

I let my team play gegenpress, but i'm not so sure if it is the best plan...

Next match is against Liverpool...

It's been years since i've visited this thread, but i 'm tempted to write about my last ML because the game is ace once again.

Then i had to play Crystal Palace away and boy did i get a thrashing: lost 3-0 and Benteke was unstoppable.

Next match was against Hull. Southampton were the better team but i just couldn't score, it ended 0-0.

Bought two players:

Also wanted to buy Sven Kums from Udines but they asked 26 million euro for a 28 hyear old player, that is too much.

It's a very tough game,almost gave up at first,but keep going.
Tactics is very dependent on hat sort of team your playing,also what team you have.
I'm playing with three different tactics,that suits my team,it took a while to find them,also needs to be changed constantly depending on opposition and how they play during games.

False nine is a good tactic i have,creates space.
So don't have a good answer for you mate,all depends on team/players you have
I also switch between top player/superstar/proffesional all the time
Good luck mate

Bought two players:

I'm pretty well acquainted with the tactics of the game, football tactics are a huge interest of mine. What's concerning you about the gegenpress? If it's stamina consumption, I would recommend lowering your defensive line in your defensive settings along with increasing your compactness. Thus, you press in numbers for a brief period after you lose the ball but then fall back into a deeper block and control space rather than hunting the opposition.

I'm pretty well acquainted with the tactics of the game, football tactics are a huge interest of mine. What's concerning you about the gegenpress? If it's stamina consumption, I would recommend lowering your defensive line in your defensive settings along with increasing your compactness. Thus, you press in numbers for a brief period after you lose the ball but then fall back into a deeper block and control space rather than hunting the opposition.
If you feel like it,and have the time,put up a guide here Kenpachi.
Think the community would love that

It's crossed my mind.

I was thinking I may just create some certain style templates for people if they wanted them. An Atletico Madrid counter attacking set up, Guardiola possession game etc. If the demand is there then I'd definitely consider it.

It's crossed my mind.

I was thinking I may just create some certain style templates for people if they wanted them. An Atletico Madrid counter attacking set up, Guardiola possession game etc. If the demand is there then I'd definitely consider it.
Think here's a huge demand for it,tricky game and people need certain things explained.
Example : you're playing a 442,one strong fw,one fast,very good passing CB (Hummels)
Best tactics,long ball,counter attack,hugging sideline,and all out defence
Think you should go for it mate.
Takes time,but would be appriciated

So after the Juventus loss I had a string of very tough and bad losses.
Felt the wolves at my door for sure.
And Bacca out for three weeks with an injury

AC Milan 0-0 Fsv Mainz 05 (Europa league)
AC Milan 0-1 Torino FC (Serie A)
AC Milan 0-1 Trapani Calcio (Tim Cup)

Three games without scoring,and only a draw in the Europa League.
By now I'm heading out of the cup,dead last on 1p in my EL group.
Not looking good boys,next two games were against Trapani and Hibernian,both needs to be won.

Trapani Calcio 0-2 AC Milan
A wet foggy day game,and I went for the win straight away,setting my team up very defensively
4-1-2-3, with only one "midfielder" three fw and 2 attacking MF=2 SS
Grinded them down by hitting them with attack after attack,they had a few good chances but Donnarumma and my defenders played well.
Good win,and I'm through to round two.

Next one being Hiberinian in the EL
Played a 4-4-2,played a quick counter game vs them and got the job done.
AC Milan 2-0 Hibernian FC

Next up is Sampdoria in the league.
Current standings
Tim cup: 2nd round
EL : 2nd place on 4pts,the rest 7-4-1
Serie A : 12th place 2W 1D 3L 6-7 in goals 7pts

@Kenpachi TBD
@klashman69

Any joy with the false fullback tactic? I've only used it a couple of times, and online, so not nearly enough of a controlled environment to really understand how it'd be useful. I get the principle of it but I'm not sure when I'd look at an opposition side pre-match or at half time and think, "right, I need to use false fullbacks here", and I'm not sure how it might combine with other advanced tactics for me to get the best use out of it.

@Kenpachi TBD
@klashman69

Any joy with the false fullback tactic? I've only used it a couple of times, and online, so not nearly enough of a controlled environment to really understand how it'd be useful. I get the principle of it but I'm not sure when I'd look at an opposition side pre-match or at half time and think, "right, I need to use false fullbacks here", and I'm not sure how it might combine with other advanced tactics for me to get the best use out of it.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with any full back with the "Offensive Full Back" player trait. They just bomb through the middle and kind of ruin the structure of my team when in possession. If you combine it with the Hug The Touchline option you could get a Bielsa style aggressive underlap from your full backs whilst your wingers stretch the defense.

I've settled on using fluid formations and positioning my full backs as DMFs in order to replicate how Guardiola has his full backs playing the season. It's about as close to authentic as you can get I think. Again, it's all dependent on the actual full backs you have available. Hope this helps!

I'll probably get working on a classic Barça possession game plan first then. I think more people would be interested in that one initially, then get some feedback and see what else people want to see.

Y E S, please. Every year I search for custom tactics from, I'd say, modders (I'm spanish, I don't know how can I name you exactly, sorry). Because I love tactics and teams playind differently, I always try to replicate a positional play ('juego posicional', not 'tiki-taka'; Guardiola hates that name), and I use False Fullbacks and I think they do a good job. Sometimes they get in like some RMF / LMF, and the wingers being wide, you can outnumber your opponent in the centre of the pitch.

But again, I'd love some custom tactics from guys who knows much more than me, of course. Thanks in advance if you make them :D

Working on a Barça set at the moment, that 2010/11 team is probably the best I've ever seen. Yes! Juego De Posicion - it seems we think alike haha. I agree the false full backs can do a job, just their positioning is a bit erratic for my taste.

Should have the game plan ready at some point this evening, just have to get Rakitic to behave himself. I'll share here and in the main thread. I'll stop derailing the thread now!

Admittedly I haven't got round to throwing that in yet. Been getting to grips with all of the tactical instructions and their knock on effects. The general response seems to be very positive to me.

Anybody try Matt 10's 5 second thingy? And if so did it improve the game for you?
Yep,keeps your MF more offensive on "in possesion" and the other way around when "out of poss"
Discovered that on my 4-4-2 and 4-1-3-2 my cm were set to DM in "when in possesion"
Feel that I have more players in attack now,kinda the old "numbers on attack"

Back
Top Bottom