The England Topic

Anyone else think it will be another awe inpsiring 1-0 win tonight or will we actually put on a show that gives us some hope for the future

CWright said:
Anyone else think it will be another awe inpsiring 1-0 win tonight or will we actually put on a show that gives us some hope for the future
it will be utter crap, england is so borring to watch, i cant beleive i paid $25 to watch that shit match against austria over the weekend

fd1972uk said:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?p=548747#post548747

Check that thread out and you'll see what National team I support, so don't be the typical English fan that assumes.

And you can't deny the two things though that happened at St James Park and Sweden, so I'm using facts, not assuming like you.

FD

p.s. Sorry, I can't be arsed with a tit for tat at the moment, just something that annoys me. All the best.

fair enough no need for that here i guess and i can see your a scotland fan, tbh no difference ;) but no ones fans are perfect its always a minority that can ruin it for everone else , tbf tho thomson was never really gonna get a game for england but i guess theres no need for that.with crouch i dont think its fair to take it out on the player with sven he deserves it its not crouches fault hes pish. But im sure this is true its not like a player at celtic has ever gotten boos by his fans at one point dotn say its never happend cause it has maybe not all the fans but enough .

Well thats crouch on and with some luck he can prove a point but i doubt it.

Last edited:
Cloud1863 said:
Well thats crouch on and with some luck he can prove a point but i doubt it.

Ironic jeers already. :(

I've heard a few jeers at celtic games before (diddier agathe for not going up the outside and berkovic for being a t*t) but I've never heard fans boo a player as he comes on and during his first few touches... I dont think the word 'support' is fully understood.

i think it is , but he is rubbish , has no reason to wear the england shirt. If u r ging to play anyone due to there size play Heskey and at that I wouldnt agree with him. U have to respect we are a very frustrated nation at the moment and a part of the croud showing there dissapointment is to be expected.When we bring him on it signals one thing long ball and thats the lst type of game we wanna b playin.At times tongith we played extreamly well should have won by a few goals.but alass we are at the world cup, we will b the only team again *sigh* representing the nation from these isles.:)

Great performance tonight....at last :D Ledly King was v.good, excellent decision to play him that way. Gave Lampard the opportunity to play like he does at Chelsea. A lot of positives tonight...just hope they can play with the same desire and skill in the WC :)

Cloud1863 said:
i think it is , but he is rubbish , has no reason to wear the england shirt. If u r ging to play anyone due to there size play Heskey and at that I wouldnt agree with him. U have to respect we are a very frustrated nation at the moment and a part of the croud showing there dissapointment is to be expected.When we bring him on it signals one thing long ball and thats the lst type of game we wanna b playin.At times tongith we played extreamly well should have won by a few goals.but alass we are at the world cup, we will b the only team again *sigh* representing the nation from these isles.:)

Heskey ahead of Crouch as at least Heskey is bloody scoring! Also bring in Scotty Parker and TELL Gerrard to SIT and be a playmaker or play 3-5-2!

Cloud1863 said:
U have to respect we are a very frustrated nation at the moment and a part of the croud showing there dissapointment is to be expected.When we bring him on it signals one thing long ball and thats the lst type of game we wanna b playin

Indeed, but it's not as if Peter Croutch hinself decides who is coming off to replace him and how England should play when he comes on. I'd understand if the fans vented their frustrations at the manager...

The Black Sheep said:
Indeed, but it's not as if Peter Croutch hinself decides who is coming off to replace him and how England should play when he comes on. I'd understand if the fans vented their frustrations at the manager...

Shouldnt be in the bloody squad if anyone should Heskey should be the one!

The Black Sheep said:

Most prolly didn't realise that SWP picked up a knock in the first half.Give Crouch time though....he gives an interesting option which is always useful. Although we played miles better tonight, we won't be able to play like that against all teams. Heskey is good...but in terms of link up play (what Sven wants), I'll say Crouch tips him a bit...

I think if England will not do much harm to itself as it was in the last championships it выйграет it, I shall experience very much for your combined team, for the lack of Russia!
Yes I and earlier always for England hurted....

England Champion!!!

By the way I shall tell, that many the Russian fans experience for England, especially it is visible on matches of СSKA when Army fans go in red-dark blue jackets Umbro, including I!

Stonking goal by Lamps and great build up. Did i really see England counter-attacking from their own box? :shock: :lol: :applause:
Much better balance tonight. Oh, and nice to see Terry wearing the armband. :)

CWright said:
No Beckham = Good team performance

Wright-Phillips done nothing as the team was still lop sided! Its more no Gerrard good performance as him and Lampard cant work together! Sad as you know hes back in the team no matter what King did last night!

People always blame Beckham when the whole team has played crap!

I think we were unlucky not to score a couple more. Young played ok against Austria but that mistake gifting Poland their goal was disappointing to say the least. I think when everyone's fit and Sven gets the balls to choose the best team we could do ok. As long as we have Rooney. He comes back into the squad and we finally get somebody running at their defence- it seemed contagious too, thankfully.

I predicted 2-1 before the match but i thought the Poles would win. Thank God i was wrong, let's hope we carry on like that.

p.s. I too would've liked to have seen Bent, but more so in Austria match but then when Becks was sent off wasn't really an option.

Dead Man said:
Wright-Phillips done nothing as the team was still lop sided! Its more no Gerrard good performance as him and Lampard cant work together! Sad as you know hes back in the team no matter what King did last night!

People always blame Beckham when the whole team has played crap!

i think SWP did exactly what his manager told him to do and that was to stay out wide and stretch the defence, not come inside trying to be the big hero ala beckham, SWP also had 2/3 defenders on him most of the time, therefore freeing up more time and space for the rest of the team, OK he may not have beckham's crossing ability but i think he offers a lot more overall

How good was that? No one played badly, first time I've said that for a while.

I think they benefitted from having a proper balance to the side with King as anchor man. He broke up a lot of plays and was there to distribute quickly to the forwards. The bottom line is that neither Lampard or Gerrard are prepared to take this ESSENTIAL role, so one of them (deep breath) should probably be benched.

You know deep down I'm right!

I must say i was quite impressed last night but Sven has some tough descisiond to make i think the need for a holding midfieler is plain now but who does he drop..?

Well, i am glad Ledly gotta chance to play DMF, like i been harping for since last year. I heard he filled in well. . . "Makaledley", i heard some peeps calling him on BBC's 606. :mrgreen:

Does anyone think Etherington (spelling?) could get a shot at playing on the left?

Is it just me or has the English media gone from WE SUCK to WE CAN WIN IT ALL in the space of 90 minutes??

The British press as a whole are terrible, there words usually have some power which is the worst. They give people not associated with England ideas that we agree wtih everything thats said which is not at all true. They build you up just to bring u back down and its a real spitefull way of selling papers which is why i refuse to buy any , but at the same time you miss out on important items of news/sport. The England haters out there use it against us as if everything in the paper is our own POV , its called propaganda and its been in our world throughout a very good part of it. I only wish people actually thought about what they are saying before it passes their lips.

Last edited:
Dont get too excited about Ledley King cuz apparently, Sven sees Alan Smith as the player to take that role.

Sven said we will have to see how he is in seven months, I think its was disgrace that he got in as a midfielder over some other players in the premiership!

Back
Top Bottom