Tennis Games - General Discussion

He clearly meant that if they're financially supporting the product, the devs may support it for a bit longer, responding to your point about their previous record of support (creating new games rather than fixing issues in order to sustain their business). I understand you (strongly) dislike this game/dev but it's starting to cross the line a little bit into bashing at every opportunity.
I'm not bashing the game specifically. I'm bashing BigAnt for their proven tactics regarding all their games as I do with 2K. So what will happen if they support it a bit longer? Will they improve it? Nope. If Saturator is having fun with the game I'm not the one to judge. The fact is he's also disappointed because he knows the very good foundation of licences and modes is not supported by good gameplay and the devs clearly aren't making enough steps to make it happen. Why is this happening? Because they don't have a clue how to make a good tennis game.
Do you think Hangar 13's game would have good gameplay if they didn't use TS4 engine? Hangar 13 can't produce a tennis game from scratch unless they bring on all former 2K Czech devs.
Simple facts. I'm not here to argue with anyone. We all want quality products.

A new patch comes today, it's small but damned, the gameplay is so much better now, and the CPU too.
Enjoy

Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Zverev and Hurkacz Expert

Stefanos Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Tommy Paul Expert

A new patch comes today, it's small but damned, the gameplay is so much better now, and the CPU too.
Enjoy

Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Zverev and Hurkacz Expert

Stefanos Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Tommy Paul Expert
I think, these posts are nothing but spam for Tiebreak

So I bought Tennis Elbow 4 for Xbox Series S, the game is ok but I fancied all the ‘bells and whistles’

So after much asking and thinking and watching youtube videos, I finally bought Tie Break but the story doesn't end there :D

First of all here are the reasons that I bought Tie Break:
  • Like I said I wanted all the graphics and stuff which Tennis Elbow 4 does not have.
  • TopSpin 2K25 for me is too expensive, if it was on a discount then maybe. Also I don‘t have an Xbox game pass and I did not want to pay for that too.
  • Full Ace Tennis is not available on Xbox
So after spending around £50 and playing Tie Break (don’t ask me why I decided to put all titles in bold :P ) The game is ok but feels like something missing. In the career mode it has a story mode, which I don’t like in sports games, it reminds me too much of FIFA.
Then I had a break and started watching a Beginner’s Guide to Tennis Elbow 4 on youtube. Then I went back to it and practised practised practised, and suddenly it all clicked even though I am still pretty poor. The feeling of hitting good shots is really good.

So in conclusion, Tennis Elbow 4 is the game for me, the graphics are not all that but the game play and the learning curve is really satisfying, plus there are mods out there that edit all the players new and classic.

It actually reminds me of why I still prefer retro PES over the new games. It is actually an excellent simulation. And after having so many years of no good Tennis games on console, Tennis Elbow 4 has come along and is really excellent. For anyone interested it will be coming out on Playstation soon. Also the developer is fully active and answers questions and implements suggestions on updates.

Finally here is the youtube video that helped me to see how good this game is:

So I bought Tennis Elbow 4 for Xbox Series S, the game is ok but I fancied all the ‘bells and whistles’

So after much asking and thinking and watching youtube videos, I finally bought Tie Break but the story doesn't end there :D

First of all here are the reasons that I bought Tie Break:
  • Like I said I wanted all the graphics and stuff which Tennis Elbow 4 does not have.
  • TopSpin 2K25 for me is too expensive, if it was on a discount then maybe. Also I don‘t have an Xbox game pass and I did not want to pay for that too.
  • Full Ace Tennis is not available on Xbox
So after spending around £50 and playing Tie Break (don’t ask me why I decided to put all titles in bold :P ) The game is ok but feels like something missing. In the career mode it has a story mode, which I don’t like in sports games, it reminds me too much of FIFA.
Then I had a break and started watching a Beginner’s Guide to Tennis Elbow 4 on youtube. Then I went back to it and practised practised practised, and suddenly it all clicked even though I am still pretty poor. The feeling of hitting good shots is really good.

So in conclusion, Tennis Elbow 4 is the game for me, the graphics are not all that but the game play and the learning curve is really satisfying, plus there are mods out there that edit all the players new and classic.

It actually reminds me of why I still prefer retro PES over the new games. It is actually an excellent simulation. And after having so many years of no good Tennis games on console, Tennis Elbow 4 has come along and is really excellent. For anyone interested it will be coming out on Playstation soon. Also the developer is fully active and answers questions and implements suggestions on updates.

Finally here is the youtube video that helped me to see how good this game is:

Same for me. Tennis Elbow on Xbox is my favourite Tennis game. Thanks to mods you have players and tournaments of all Eras (I am playing in the 90s) and even though animations aren't perfect I just love the flow and think it beats Top Spin in Ball exchanges

After watching Saturator's videos, I decided to buy Tie Break. Although the game isn't perfect and has its flaws, I'm having a great time playing it. The developer's constant updates have significantly improved the experience. With my limited gaming time each week (about 1 to 2 hours), I'm glad I'm enjoying Tie Break.

I purchased Top Spin (TS) at release, and while I believe it’s a good game with some superior aspects compared to Tie Break, I quickly got bored. For some reason, TS feels much more repetitive. It seems like every opponent plays the same, and the serving mechanic doesn't vary between players. In contrast, Tie Break bases its serving mechanics on how players serve in real life (e.g., Alcaraz has a short ball toss, while Zverev has a high toss, requiring you to time it correctly for a good serve).

Moreover, the official ATP roster in Tie Break adds a lot of individuality and variety. Players seem to play to their strengths—Alcaraz is quick, Shelton is powerful, Zverev has a great serve, and Wawrinka has a killer backhand. Being able to play with the big three is also priceless. On the other hand, the lack of players in Top Spin is a letdown.

In summary, Tie Break isn't perfect, but it’s enjoyable for casual players like me. I just wish I could find this kind of enjoyment in a football game.

Thanks my friend. I'm glad you're enjoy the game. Everything is not perfect but it geeks more like a sim game than an arcade game. It's a great mix on arcade and sim.

You can control all your shots, and since the last update, AI brings so much variety. I didn't think they can do it because a week before, AI was so easy to beat, so dumb. There sliders are very powerful to change the way we are playing. Having Prime Nadal,Djoko, Murray and Federer without micro-transaction for free, it's a dream in 2024.

And the game can be even better. In 3 mouths it could be a really good tennis game with a deep career mode with a virtual or real player.

Nice. When you have time post a video please. Last patch improved gameplay, still I don't like this weird backhand sliding animation and how AI doesn't take advantage of open court but they seem to improve the game and it might be a good alternative to Top Spin eventually.
Some new footage with last patch on PS5
Nice patch except for the stability on PS5 : some freezes in game, worst textures, no more footsteps on clay.
I don't know why!
But gameplay is nice, but less harder than friday.

Rafael Nadal Prime 2019 vs Andy Murray Monte Carlo Prime 2011 Expert

Taylor Fritz Vs Frances Tiafoe Cincinnatti Expert Difficulty

Caroline Garcia Vs Maria Sharapova Ryhiad Expert

Xbox Series videos

Daniil Medvedev Vs Jannik Sinner Monte Carlo Expert Difficulty

Anna Kalinskaya Vs Paula Badosa US Open Expert Difficulty

Last edited:
Just a little update.
The last patch was really great : better AI, no more freeze and stuttering on PC and PS5, ranking is now ok, footsteps on clay are great. Big Ants have made a great job. It's now an nice alternative to TopSpin 2K25.

After a mounth a patch, the game is now very nice. Not perfect but the gameplay is far better. Volley are now great, CPU on expert made less unforced errors.

Some videos on PC with the last patch

Maria Sharapova Vs Eugénie Bouchard WTA 1000 Rome Expert difficulty

Alexander Zverev Vs Carlos Alcaraz ATP Finals Turin Expert difficulty

Elena Rybakina Vs Coco Gauff WTA 1000 Monte Carlo Expert difficulty

Karolina Muchova Vs Aryna Sabalenka WTA Finals Riyadh Expert difficulty

Iga Swiatek Vs Jessica Pegula WTA Beijing Expert difficulty

Last edited:
After a mounth a patch, the game is now very nice. Not perfect but the gameplay is far better. Volley are now great, CPU on expert made less unforced errors.

Some videos on PC with the last patch

Maria Sharapova Vs Eugénie Bouchard WTA 1000 Rome Expert difficulty

Alexander Zverev Vs Carlos Alcaraz ATP Finals Turin Expert difficulty

Elena Rybakina Vs Coco Gauff WTA 1000 Monte Carlo Expert difficulty

Karolina Muchova Vs Aryna Sabalenka WTA Finals Riyadh Expert difficulty

Iga Swiatek Vs Jessica Pegula WTA Beijing Expert difficulty

I play full Ace with mods and it's brilliant, but I also miss the graphics etc sometimes.

This game looks very good to watch. Top Spin 2k5 looks how it plays...slow and repetitive with endless rallies.

So my question is...does tiebreak play as well as it looks?
There is genuine pace to the shots and the rallies seem to last the right length of time.

And also: how is feeling of actually hitting the ball? Does it feel satisfying?

I play full Ace with mods and it's brilliant, but I also miss the graphics etc sometimes.

This game looks very good to watch. Top Spin 2k5 looks how it plays...slow and repetitive with endless rallies.

So my question is...does tiebreak play as well as it looks?
There is genuine pace to the shots and the rallies seem to last the right length of time.

And also: how is feeling of actually hitting the ball? Does it feel satisfying?
Wow it's the first time I read than TieBreak looks great on video.😅 I always read it's bad😅

So yes, I love playing TieBreak, I have more than 330 hours on pc.

When you will master all the controls, you will put the ball where you want on the court.

When you hit the ball, you feel the power if you have a Dualsense. I love smashing the ball
I have no sensation when I played TopSpin 2K25. After all the patch, this game is really nice to play !

Wow it's the first time I read than TieBreak looks great on video.😅 I always read it's bad😅

So yes, I love playing TieBreak, I have more than 330 hours on pc.

When you will master all the controls, you will put the ball where you want on the court.

When you hit the ball, you feel the power if you have a Dualsense. I love smashing the ball
I have no sensation when I played TopSpin 2K25. After all the patch, this game is really nice to play !

Thank you!

It doesn't look perfect, but the shot animations are convincing and the ball travels pretty well...maybe a bit too floaty...but it looks compelling. That's more important than perfection, I think.

Is it hard to play? Full ace is fantastic because it is easy to mistime shots and hit the ball out. Some people describe it as the 'full manual' of tennis games.

How is tiebreak? Like full ace, or more like top spin where it's almost impossible to hit the ball out..

This game needs time to be mastered. The tutorial is good and you need to do it to understand the gameplay, with the triggers.

After 2-3 hours, you will master the basic. But when you can made power flat shots paiting the line, you will have a smile on your face. Making the shot you want, with the right angle and power, it's a nice feeling. There is no limit, it's only your skills. I don't feel any script.

TieBreak is less full manuel than Full Ace but has more freedom than Top Spin 2K25.

Novak Djokovic Vs Jannik Sinner ATP 1000 Toronto Expert difficulty

Casper Ruud Vs Holger Rune ATP 1000 Paris Bercy Expert difficulty

Thank you!

It doesn't look perfect, but the shot animations are convincing and the ball travels pretty well...maybe a bit too floaty...but it looks compelling. That's more important than perfection, I think.

Is it hard to play? Full ace is fantastic because it is easy to mistime shots and hit the ball out. Some people describe it as the 'full manual' of tennis games.

How is tiebreak? Like full ace, or more like top spin where it's almost impossible to hit the ball out..

This is the reason why I love Full Ace, it feels full manual with everything you do so important.
I hit the net and ball out all the time when in rallies and you get massive satisfaction when you win a big rally.
Just wish the graphics and atmosphere was better in the game - It is just so flat with the crowd never cheering or points seeming meaningful.

I have not played Tiebreak - Sceptical of the game given how bad the AO games were and the high price of the game.

TopSpin I just felt it was like playing a tennis game from the naughties and it felt dated - Also no matter how hard I tried I couldn't hit the net or hit shots out and I was really trying - You just hit a crap shot which made you lose the point, but never hit it out.
Topspin was just a simcade game IMO and I couldn't get even a bit of enjoyment out of it.

This is the reason why I love Full Ace, it feels full manual with everything you do so important.
I hit the net and ball out all the time when in rallies and you get massive satisfaction when you win a big rally.
Just wish the graphics and atmosphere was better in the game - It is just so flat with the crowd never cheering or points seeming meaningful.

I have not played Tiebreak - Sceptical of the game given how bad the AO games were and the high price of the game.

TopSpin I just felt it was like playing a tennis game from the naughties and it felt dated - Also no matter how hard I tried I couldn't hit the net or hit shots out and I was really trying - You just hit a crap shot which made you lose the point, but never hit it out.
Topspin was just a simcade game IMO and I couldn't get even a bit of enjoyment out of it.
If you turn off the visual aids and play on the last 2 difficulties in Top Spin there's no way you'll hit perfect shots all the time. You'll hit a lot out of court especially in rallies. Even if you're so good and you've mastered everything you can then implement your own house rules and just don't level up in attributes your player. Or just play like I do sometimes the other 2 indie tennis games. These big companies will never make a fully sim game.
The only sports videogame which is almost a full sim is The Show but the nature of the sport helps better to create a videogame. Next one is NBA 2K25 if you play offline strictly on Real Player % on a clear screen in broadcast camera.

Some matches

Danielle Collins Vs Caroline Garcia Halle Expert Difficulty

Rafael Nadal Prime 2010 Vs Roger Federer Prime 2015 Indian Wells Expert Difficulty

Daniil Medvedev Vs Stefano Tsitsipas Monte Carlo Expert Difficulty

If you turn off the visual aids and play on the last 2 difficulties in Top Spin there's no way you'll hit perfect shots all the time. You'll hit a lot out of court especially in rallies. Even if you're so good and you've mastered everything you can then implement your own house rules and just don't level up in attributes your player. Or just play like I do sometimes the other 2 indie tennis games. These big companies will never make a fully sim game.
The only sports videogame which is almost a full sim is The Show but the nature of the sport helps better to create a videogame. Next one is NBA 2K25 if you play offline strictly on Real Player % on a clear screen in broadcast camera.

I didn't turn off visual aids as after playing it, I always wanted to play a bad shot to see what happens.
Played on the hardest skill level which was available.

You won't be able to convince me that there is a good game in there somewhere as it completely wasn't for me.
Just found it completely boring and personally I won't play it again unless they do another free weekend and even then I probably still won't.

However I do really thank you for getting me to play Full Ace as completely love that game despite it having a number of short comings.
Absolutely hands down the best tennis game, just has a severe lack of atmosphere.

Last edited:
Hello
This week, two big updates were out. It's better and better,
The serve is harder but nice, going to the net is good too

Enjoy!

Dominic Thiem Vs Nick Kyrgios ATP 1000 Roma Expert difficulty

Grigor Dimitrov Vs Stan Wawrinka ATP 1000 Miami Expert Difficulty

Anna Kalinskaya Bianca Andreescu WTA 500 Hambourg Expert Difficulty

Liudmila Samsonova Vs Leyla Fernandez WTA 500 Guadalajara expert Difficulty

Hello
This week, two big updates were out. It's better and better,
The serve is harder but nice, going to the net is good too

Enjoy!

Dominic Thiem Vs Nick Kyrgios ATP 1000 Roma Expert difficulty

Grigor Dimitrov Vs Stan Wawrinka ATP 1000 Miami Expert Difficulty

Anna Kalinskaya Bianca Andreescu WTA 500 Hambourg Expert Difficulty

Liudmila Samsonova Vs Leyla Fernandez WTA 500 Guadalajara expert Difficulty

Thanks for the videos. they are so useful for those of us wondering whether to buy. Another great service on top of your ea fc 25 videos!

Is the cpu now hitting shots into the open court to win points or still hitting shots straight at you?

Back
Top Bottom