Tennis Games - General Discussion

He clearly meant that if they're financially supporting the product, the devs may support it for a bit longer, responding to your point about their previous record of support (creating new games rather than fixing issues in order to sustain their business). I understand you (strongly) dislike this game/dev but it's starting to cross the line a little bit into bashing at every opportunity.
I'm not bashing the game specifically. I'm bashing BigAnt for their proven tactics regarding all their games as I do with 2K. So what will happen if they support it a bit longer? Will they improve it? Nope. If Saturator is having fun with the game I'm not the one to judge. The fact is he's also disappointed because he knows the very good foundation of licences and modes is not supported by good gameplay and the devs clearly aren't making enough steps to make it happen. Why is this happening? Because they don't have a clue how to make a good tennis game.
Do you think Hangar 13's game would have good gameplay if they didn't use TS4 engine? Hangar 13 can't produce a tennis game from scratch unless they bring on all former 2K Czech devs.
Simple facts. I'm not here to argue with anyone. We all want quality products.

A new patch comes today, it's small but damned, the gameplay is so much better now, and the CPU too.
Enjoy

Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Zverev and Hurkacz Expert

Stefanos Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Tommy Paul Expert

A new patch comes today, it's small but damned, the gameplay is so much better now, and the CPU too.
Enjoy

Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Zverev and Hurkacz Expert

Stefanos Tsitsipas Rotterdam Rio Vs Tommy Paul Expert
I think, these posts are nothing but spam for Tiebreak

So I bought Tennis Elbow 4 for Xbox Series S, the game is ok but I fancied all the ‘bells and whistles’

So after much asking and thinking and watching youtube videos, I finally bought Tie Break but the story doesn't end there :D

First of all here are the reasons that I bought Tie Break:
  • Like I said I wanted all the graphics and stuff which Tennis Elbow 4 does not have.
  • TopSpin 2K25 for me is too expensive, if it was on a discount then maybe. Also I don‘t have an Xbox game pass and I did not want to pay for that too.
  • Full Ace Tennis is not available on Xbox
So after spending around £50 and playing Tie Break (don’t ask me why I decided to put all titles in bold :P ) The game is ok but feels like something missing. In the career mode it has a story mode, which I don’t like in sports games, it reminds me too much of FIFA.
Then I had a break and started watching a Beginner’s Guide to Tennis Elbow 4 on youtube. Then I went back to it and practised practised practised, and suddenly it all clicked even though I am still pretty poor. The feeling of hitting good shots is really good.

So in conclusion, Tennis Elbow 4 is the game for me, the graphics are not all that but the game play and the learning curve is really satisfying, plus there are mods out there that edit all the players new and classic.

It actually reminds me of why I still prefer retro PES over the new games. It is actually an excellent simulation. And after having so many years of no good Tennis games on console, Tennis Elbow 4 has come along and is really excellent. For anyone interested it will be coming out on Playstation soon. Also the developer is fully active and answers questions and implements suggestions on updates.

Finally here is the youtube video that helped me to see how good this game is:

So I bought Tennis Elbow 4 for Xbox Series S, the game is ok but I fancied all the ‘bells and whistles’

So after much asking and thinking and watching youtube videos, I finally bought Tie Break but the story doesn't end there :D

First of all here are the reasons that I bought Tie Break:
  • Like I said I wanted all the graphics and stuff which Tennis Elbow 4 does not have.
  • TopSpin 2K25 for me is too expensive, if it was on a discount then maybe. Also I don‘t have an Xbox game pass and I did not want to pay for that too.
  • Full Ace Tennis is not available on Xbox
So after spending around £50 and playing Tie Break (don’t ask me why I decided to put all titles in bold :P ) The game is ok but feels like something missing. In the career mode it has a story mode, which I don’t like in sports games, it reminds me too much of FIFA.
Then I had a break and started watching a Beginner’s Guide to Tennis Elbow 4 on youtube. Then I went back to it and practised practised practised, and suddenly it all clicked even though I am still pretty poor. The feeling of hitting good shots is really good.

So in conclusion, Tennis Elbow 4 is the game for me, the graphics are not all that but the game play and the learning curve is really satisfying, plus there are mods out there that edit all the players new and classic.

It actually reminds me of why I still prefer retro PES over the new games. It is actually an excellent simulation. And after having so many years of no good Tennis games on console, Tennis Elbow 4 has come along and is really excellent. For anyone interested it will be coming out on Playstation soon. Also the developer is fully active and answers questions and implements suggestions on updates.

Finally here is the youtube video that helped me to see how good this game is:

Same for me. Tennis Elbow on Xbox is my favourite Tennis game. Thanks to mods you have players and tournaments of all Eras (I am playing in the 90s) and even though animations aren't perfect I just love the flow and think it beats Top Spin in Ball exchanges

After watching Saturator's videos, I decided to buy Tie Break. Although the game isn't perfect and has its flaws, I'm having a great time playing it. The developer's constant updates have significantly improved the experience. With my limited gaming time each week (about 1 to 2 hours), I'm glad I'm enjoying Tie Break.

I purchased Top Spin (TS) at release, and while I believe it’s a good game with some superior aspects compared to Tie Break, I quickly got bored. For some reason, TS feels much more repetitive. It seems like every opponent plays the same, and the serving mechanic doesn't vary between players. In contrast, Tie Break bases its serving mechanics on how players serve in real life (e.g., Alcaraz has a short ball toss, while Zverev has a high toss, requiring you to time it correctly for a good serve).

Moreover, the official ATP roster in Tie Break adds a lot of individuality and variety. Players seem to play to their strengths—Alcaraz is quick, Shelton is powerful, Zverev has a great serve, and Wawrinka has a killer backhand. Being able to play with the big three is also priceless. On the other hand, the lack of players in Top Spin is a letdown.

In summary, Tie Break isn't perfect, but it’s enjoyable for casual players like me. I just wish I could find this kind of enjoyment in a football game.

Thanks my friend. I'm glad you're enjoy the game. Everything is not perfect but it geeks more like a sim game than an arcade game. It's a great mix on arcade and sim.

You can control all your shots, and since the last update, AI brings so much variety. I didn't think they can do it because a week before, AI was so easy to beat, so dumb. There sliders are very powerful to change the way we are playing. Having Prime Nadal,Djoko, Murray and Federer without micro-transaction for free, it's a dream in 2024.

And the game can be even better. In 3 mouths it could be a really good tennis game with a deep career mode with a virtual or real player.

Back
Top Bottom