Speculation Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation Transfer 06/07 Thread

Just read on the site of the Jupiler League that Onyewu will stay with Standard at least until New Year.

PLF said:
Yaya Toure (Olympiakos) ---> AS Monaco

:thumbup:

This would be great. :D
And he wants to play with his brother at Arsenal, right? If you want to play for Arsenal, go to France. :p

Lyon scouts were at the Amsterdam Tournament to see Huntelaar and Manucharyan. Hands off, Lyon!!! (This are all rumours)

robin_007 said:
Lyon scouts were at the Amsterdam Tournament to see Huntelaar and Manucharyan. Hands off, Lyon!!! (This are all rumours)
Robin you are ok for a trade Huntelaar vs Carew ? ^^
who is Manucharyan and witch position please ?

ThomasGOAL said:
Robin you are ok for a trade Huntelaar vs Carew ? ^^
who is Manucharyan and witch position please ?

No, hands off Huntelaar. Maybe for Juninho and Fred. :p
Manucharyan is a 18 year old talent from Armenia. He can play at both wings, as striker and as attacking midfielder. He's very injury prone though. Here are some movies of him.

robin_007 said:
No, hands off Huntelaar. Maybe for Juninho and Fred. :p
Manucharyan is a 18 year old talent from Armenia. He can play at both wings, as striker and as attacking midfielder. He's very injury prone though. Here are some movies of him.
look interesting, remember a bit Ben Arfa, Lyon see him maybe because Ribery go to Arsenal or Real...
and because Govou leave
Thanks alot Robin

villarreal president José Manuel Llaneza has just accepted the offer from man utd for senna. he also said that sorin is in his way out of villarreal; his most problaby destiny is a premier league club(bolton has been mentioned).

Yeah I'm disappointed in Villarreal and their president's actions regarding both cases but especially Marcos Senna's.

Sure they're getting a good amount of money from Man Utd for him especially considering he's now turned 30-years old. But he was a KEY key player for them in past 2 years and absolutely awesome! He was just as important to Villarreal's success as Riquelme. The only difference is one was the footballing genius/flair and main creativity of the team in a more attacking position while the other one did all the work in the world required to let the talented Riquelme do what he does best and did even more nice work on top of that with creating good chances or good long-distance powerful shots himself!

But as usual, the more attacking player got what he deserved which was to be in the spot-light and praised continuously while Marcos Senna although appreciated by most true and hardcore footie fans (And even many casual fans recently in past year or so), he still probably did not get as much credit/hype as he deserved in the media and now he's being let go of quite easily it seems by Villarreal.

The saddest part is Marcos Senna has been linked to Man Utd for a fair few weeks now and some other big clubs as well but even 3-4 days ago, he said himself that while he's flattered, he would like to REMAIN with Villarreal now that he's at this almost late stage of his career and prefers stability more than a move away.

But no... Villarreal went in and accepted the offer anyway :| and now the player is likely to move in next few days.

In other news:

Freddy Guarin (Colombian talented youngster) ----> St. Etienne

Andreas Isaksson (Rennes) ---> Charlton and maybe Man City if they make a bid and give James to Portsmouth....

Seems like he's leaving for certain though :| as he said he already has some sorta agreement with the Addicks.

How many more years do you think he has left in him, PLF?

4-5 more but at the highest level like EPL and La Liga for teams with big ambitions like Man Utd and Villarreal, I anticipate two more good years from him since he is somewhat of a late-peaker.

If that is true (and who will doubt PLF's knowledge) not the best transfer for Man Utd...

Why not? It's a good transfer.

You're not always building for the future. This is a guy whom you don't need to wait to get fit enough/strong enough or good enough to play for your team like you would with buying 'future prospects' that are young! He'll come in all prepared and ready to help Man Utd from the min he joins!

It's a bad move for Villarreal by letting him go especially without putting up a fight! :|

If they don't sign a quality player to replace him, you will see it INSTANTLY affect Riquelme and the whole team's effectiness/smoothness and transition from defence to attack next year!

I think big teams like Man Utd should buy young players....
But of course this is a bad move for Villareal...

I don't understand that way of thinking though Stan. Sure it applies to some situations but it shouldn't be a general rule or something like that because sometimes you don't need youngsters with potential to fulfill LATER, you need established experienced players NOW! :)

If your team is in some sorta midfield crisis or needs more depth and quality NOW for example, you better get yourself a READY-to-go player like Man Utd are doing with Senna and Tottenham did in great fashion with capturing Zokora and Real Madrid now wants to do with M. Diarra.

You don't want to sign a young promising player who may or may not depending on a million factors one day turn out to be the player you want and need now!

Don't get me wrong, youngsters have their own place and are great for future but sometimes you can't wait.. you need quality right away and those are the times you want to get an already established experienced player whose chances of performing under pressure and consistently on a regular basis is often more than a young kid with potential to become a very good player in future.

PLF said:
Yeah I'm disappointed in Villarreal and their president's actions regarding both cases but especially Marcos Senna's.

Sure they're getting a good amount of money from Man Utd for him especially considering he's now turned 30-years old. But he was a KEY key player for them in past 2 years and absolutely awesome! He was just as important to Villarreal's success as Riquelme. The only difference is one was the footballing genius/flair and main creativity of the team in a more attacking position while the other one did all the work in the world required to let the talented Riquelme do what he does best and did even more nice work on top of that with creating good chances or good long-distance powerful shots himself!

But as usual, the more attacking player got what he deserved which was to be in the spot-light and praised continuously while Marcos Senna although appreciated by most true and hardcore footie fans (And even many casual fans recently in past year or so), he still probably did not get as much credit/hype as he deserved in the media and now he's being let go of quite easily it seems by Villarreal.

The saddest part is Marcos Senna has been linked to Man Utd for a fair few weeks now and some other big clubs as well but even 3-4 days ago, he said himself that while he's flattered, he would like to REMAIN with Villarreal now that he's at this almost late stage of his career and prefers stability more than a move away.

The guys who often do the dirty work don't get enough credit.

Last edited:

Stan said:
I think big teams like Man Utd should buy young players....
But of course this is a bad move for Villareal...

I understand where you are coming from, but ateam like Man U does try and do this if it cant produce them. Every single year they have one, two or even three young players that they are ready to give a try. Ok not all of them make the grade but this is a team that try and go down that line.

T R A I T O R !!!! :lol:

Nah... seriously, I don't think too many Lyon fans will be mad at him! :p

Zlatan Ljubijankic (Domzale) --> Atalanta/Real Sociedad
Djimi Traore (Liverpool) --> Charlton
Jared Borgetti (Bolton) --> Al Ittihad

PLF, i don't think you can compare Zokora with Senna. Zokora must be something like 25 years old (well 27 at most). Senna has passed 30 years...

But I can Stan.

Because I wasn't comparing their age or quality. I was talking about how at times clubs need 'ready-made' players and not some youngster who may or may not become what they need in future and these are both ready-made players, that's why I compared them.

Zokora is 25 and Marcos Senna just turned 30 last month by the way.

But Senna is a late peaker (his best years came from 28 years until now), Zokora is a different case and more standard in terms of peak in my opinion.

Andre Ooijer (PSV) ---> Blackburn (ooijer said he wants to go, now depending on the offer)

Obafemi Martins (Inter) ---> ManU, Spurs, Newcastle, Portsmouth

Zlatan (Juve) ---> AC Milan

Ribery (Marseille) ---> Real Madrid

PLF said:

But no... Villarreal went in and accepted the offer anyway :| and now the player is likely to move in next few days.

In other news:

Freddy Guarin (Colombian talented youngster) ----> St. Etienne

Andreas Isaksson (Rennes) ---> Charlton and maybe Man City if they make a bid and give James to Portsmouth....

Seems like he's leaving for certain though :| as he said he already has some sorta agreement with the Addicks.

Sina, i agree with every word you said there... but the thing is that Pellegrini is betting all his chips in newcomer Somoza, wich is a great player, but i still a question mark weather he will or not succed in europe.
Also you gotta think that for a player is a great promotion to go from Villarreal to a worldwide size club as Man.Utd, thats something Pellegrini said, so i woundt blame Senna for taking this transfer. i hope things can be sorted out in the best way, either Senna staying or Somoza showing his real football.

Also about Sorin, iam convinced there was some kind of fight/discussion between him and pellegrini...i just find too strange that they(Pellegrini and Villarreal board) want him out so bad, specially with the kind of friendship he has with other players like Roman(not mentioning his great football offcourse).

Yes I think same about Sorin.

But regarding this....
brunnoce said:
Sina, i agree with every word you said there... but the thing is that Pellegrini is betting all his chips in newcomer Somoza, wich is a great player, but i still a question mark weather he will or not succed in europe.
Also you gotta think that for a player is a great promotion to go from Villarreal to a worldwide size club as Man.Utd, thats something Pellegrini said, so i woundt blame Senna for taking this transfer. i hope things can be sorted out in the best way, either Senna staying or Somoza showing his real football.
Maybe you missed this part:

So this is not a transfer about player wanting to move to bigger club mate.

Marcos Senna knows and is confident about his own ability and also knew that some bigger clubs are after him like Man Utd and Real and few others but he himself several times said that while he's happy he's being linked, if it is his choice, he'd LIKE TO STAY!!!!!!

So it's the CLUB that has decided to sell him for the offer made! Player wants to stay but now will have to move....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom