Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - Fixtures Released!

Ancelotti and Galliani said that Ambrosini will play center back for us since Nesta's injured. This means Flamini and Gattuso will both play too.... hmmmm.... might work. Ambrosini is great at headers and quite a solid tackler, I'm only worried about his clumsy tackles... but I'll worry about Kaladze if I'm talking about clumsiness.

Flamini can also play wing back so i thought they might just shift Maldini to the middle and add Flamini.

But i think that is a waste of Flamini's talent. I mean i think he was bought as a replacement to Gattuso who's levels of energy were low throughout all of last season, and unforntuately that is the only brilliant quality Gattuso posseses.

I'm quite sure Flamini won't play on the flanks. We have plenty of players in that position, and Maldini will play a lot less this year. Nesta will be out for a while, so Ambrosini will play in the middle, opening up a slot in center mid for Flamini.

You think Gattuso would have been dropped for Flamini after he signed a new contract not so long ago? As a Rangers supporter, I'd love for Gatusso to become available but he's a player that Milan cannot afford to do without!

Impossibile![/italiano]

Last edited:

Well he kind of is to an extent i feel. I mean flamini is in a similar mould of Gattuso - obviously less tenacious - and Gattuso was clearly substandard less season whereas Flamini was brilliant, so i dont think its too hard to envisage Flamini replacing Gattuso.

I assume you have Sky Sports 1 Ben.... do you watch MondoGol? and the famous TOP 5 HORROR?

of course i do :DD
best football tv program ever (at least compared to the english, spanish and french football tv shows i watched).

it's like a footballing italian version of top gear. plus u can watch the higlights of all the matches played every week in premiership, scottish league, ligue un, la liga and bundesliga.

i never miss an episode (i've got a decoder\recorder with an hard disk, so i record it every week, just in case i can't watch it live).
------------------------------------------------------------

talking about flamini, he looks to me much more similar to zanetti (cristiano zanetti, i mean) than to gattuso.

ringhio has an unbelievable stamina and work-rate, and a very good tackling timing.
mathieu plays with his head up, checking the position of his teammates, and u can clearely see some geometry in his passing game, wich is also pretty good.

also their coverage style is pretty different. ringhio tends to go straight for the ball (like a train), while flamini usually tries some horizontal positioning adjustments (forcing the opponent to slow down, in order to see a "hole", and making easier for mathieu, or for one of his teammates, to perform the tackle)
....just as zanetti does.

right now milan's midfield is arguably the only sector wich doesn't need any improvements.
defence and attack should be galliani's biggests worries.... but apparently Galliani has no worries at all at the moment :SS
how in the earth, one of the greatests general managers in football, became such a clueless blind??!! :((

Prof said:
It's a shame there'll be no Parma in Serie A next season.
yep, it's crazy to think that a team wich can line up the likes of rossi, morrone, morfeo, gasbarroni, dessena, cigarini, lucarelli and budan wasn't good enough to avoid the relegation.....
but as soon as u take a look at cagliari's, siena's, torino's and catania's rosters and coaches, u realise it's not that crazy afterall.

nontheless it will be weird not to see parma in serie a table this season.
anyway next season they'll be back for sure :))

edit:
however both Corsi and Ghirardi have huge responsabilities talking about their own clubs (empoli and parma) relegations....
Corsi fired Cagni in the middle of the season and hired... Malesani :SS
Ghirardi fired Di carlo and hired.... Cuper :SS

serie a might have the best coaches, but we also have the stupidests chairmen.

Last edited:

The best thing Parma did this year was to sell their stars to teams that really needed them to aid their development. Cigarini to Atalanta and Dessena to Samp, great moves, especially since clubs like Juve and Roma were after them. They are ambitious clubs trying to make it big. I'm 100% Parma will get promoted by the end of the season. Their team now is so strong compared to many Serie B teams. Leon and Alessandro Lucarelli are good signings.

About Galliani, it was said today that they are seriously looking into signing another player(s). I really hope we loan Stendardo or Ivanovic like mentioned - big and strong, and a striker on loan, someone that can play back to goal and beat defenders with strength.

Last edited:

Manninger to Juventus. That's a good back up for Buffon. Shame he won't get many games though.

And when are Milan going to buy/loan a striker? Also, hide Kalac's gloves somewhere he won't find them ;)

I'm sure you can get someone other than Sheva. You've missed the boat on the big names though, but there are loads of strikers out there. Is Borriello injured?

Yep, for 2 months. he should be back for when the season starts, at most missing 1 or 2 games. But we cant expect him to perform as he will have missed important pre-season training and match fitness. Kaka's injury has now gotten worse, and Ronaldinho and Pato won't be back for a while..... dammit!

:) I'm happy about signing Manninger. And Milan are seriously unlucky this season, first they hear Boriello is injured, then Nesta, then Kaka, and Pato and Ronaldinho are out for the Olympics, However, now we will have to see who they sign.

Milan defo need a striker. They let 2 pure strikers go this summer and bought a second striker. A defender is needed also as you can'y rely on Maldini a lot now.

the thing is milan's transfer strategies are aimed to give a boost to the season tickets campaign, not to build up a better team.
that's why they spent 11 millions for zambrotta. and that's why they wasted 25 millions for ronaldinho.

it's not like they have a bad team. their starting 11 could smash any team in the world, no doubt about it.... but they badly lack of options.

their starting defensive line is world class
jankulovski-------nesta-------kaladze--------zambrotta

it's hard to find anything better in europe today. but still this defensive line has many issues.
jankulovski is a fantastic leftback..... but since he joined milan, people in san siro wasn't able to see the real marek, as he has been injured or in a poor form almost always. it's 2 years now, and marek still didn't perform as he used to do at udine. and considering he's already 31, it would have been wise if galliani would have provided another leftback, a potential starter (at least to put some pressure on marek). and that's not favalli, of course.

nesta is on a class of his own, when he's fit. but he's too fragile to be considered as a reliable starter. every season he misses at least 2 months coz of injuries. and of course this also has an impact on his performances (coz it takes time for a 32 years old player to fully recover from an injury).
inter too has a fragile world class player; When he's fit, Vieira is (together with de rossi) the best player in the world in his role...... the problem is vieira is almost never fit. But inter, unlike milan, provided some appropriate options (cambiasso and muntari).....

kaladze is a very, very good cb. but, for some reason i can't explain, he performs much better as a backup, than as a starter. when he plays on a regular basis he becomes pretty clumsy, while when he used to be a backup, he was great (and that's why, until 2 years ago, when he was a backup, many the top teams in europe did an offer to milan to get him).

zambrotta is a good buy. even if he's not really young, at 31 years, he's not even "old". he didn't perform at his "world class" standards at barcelona.... but he wasn't really bad (actually he was barca's best fullback in the last 2 seasons even with his "just decent" performances).
besides for 11 millions he wasn't even too expensive (especially if u consider he can play on both flanks).
but what milan really needs now is not another +30 years old world class player, who already won everything a football player can win in his carreer (as zambrotta).
Milan desperately needs a young, hungry, monster. a world class player who still has something to fight for, who still has something to win...... a dani alves, a de silvestri, not a zambrotta.

and what about the backup defensive line?
Favalli-------bonera-------simic------oddo

i won't even waste my time talking about favalli, as i can't even understand why galliani bought him.

bonera is a fantastic cb. suddenly Ancelotti persists in lining him up as a side back, wasting his talent.

simic is a good cb, but nothing special. he would still be a pretty good for a backup, if only he wouldn't be as injury prone as nesta. but then i wonder; what's the point in having an injury prone backup for an injury prone starter??? :SS
moreover in the last 2 years he constantly asked to be sold, so he can get more playtime.... galliani always replied no, coz milan's defensive line has always been threatened by injuries.... but what's the point in keeping a player with no more motivations? wouldn't be better to sell him and get a younger, more motivated and less injury-prone backup???

and then there's oddo. quite a weird player. he's not world class (despite what many people think). he has just a great crossing ability, but talking about the rest, he's nothing more than "good".
so, buying oddo, milan spent a huge amount of money (7 millions plus Foggia co-ownership) to get one of the best crossers in the world......... but does milan needs oddo's crosses? who should be the target of those crosses??? inzaghi? of course not. Pato? no way. kaka or ronaldinho? absolutely not.
there are just 2 players who could really take advantage of oddo's crosses in milan's roster: borriello and ambrosini. definitely not enough to justify the huge price they paid to buy massimo.

all in all, as i said, milan's defensive line is still world class, and the lack of an appropriate backup defensive line might not be a big problem, considering they won't play in champions league....
but there are no doubts milan's defence was the sector wich needed most attention by galliani. So why wasting all those money to get ronaldinho (who is completely useless) instead of strengthening milan's real weak spots????

if nesta won't miss to many matches..
if kaladze will be more consistent...
if marek won't face another long injury....
if zambrotta will get back to his level...
if ancelotti will realise bonera is a cb....
then milan's defensive line will be the best in europe..... but honestly there are too many "ifs".:THINK:

Milan should get someone like Ivanovic in their squad. But I think Juve are after him.

Ben, I think Ronaldinho's signing has 2 main effects:

a) Help our financial situation (merchandising, tickets etc.), its poor at the moment, especially without CL
b) Motivational push to the players and fans

In terms of our other signings, imo Zambrotta was a waste of money. Ancelotti has always liked him, Oddo too, so he will probably use them like they are his children. I've never really liked Zambrotta that much, and I think he peaked 2-3 years ago.

I think Stendardo would be good at the moment, especially with our injuries. We need a big figure, like Stam back in the day, that can muscle out players and also be good at tackling. I don't trust the 43,000,000 rumors about these Brazilian defenders, because to be honest, I dont trust Brazilian defenders. Same goes for Argentines. They usually turn out to be crap and loaned out (aka Grimi). Coloccini was another flop for us, so was Ayala and Chamot.

We fucked up our goalie campaign by missing out on Lloris - imo a GREAT investment and a great goalkeeper - because we couldn't guarantee first team football. Although now, Abbiati might actually turn out to be good.

Now we brought Borriello back, unfortunately I dont think he will perform, because Ancelotti is very stubborn with tactics, and I think he will turn into Gilardino as he won't be played the way he should.

Our current squad lacks depth. Simic is made of glass and plays about 5 games every 5 centuries, and when he plays, we usually lose. Favalli, I actually think hes decent, but hes not what we need and not at the same standard as our starting defenders. Carlo is trying too hard to have a 'Pancaro' in our team. Bonera, hes the only sub I think can be solid for the first team. Hes quite versatile and solid, I hope to see him play more. Oddo, I think he will be a good sub, but Ben, I disagree about his crossing. Last season, his main problem was crossing. He always got into great positions and beat defenders very well, but would put in completely wrong or bad crosses that went flying out. This was one of the reasons why our counter attacks and attacks were so wasteful. I actually though Jankulovski was quite good for us, apart from his injury periods as he came on as a sub a lot.

I also have a bad feeling about Paloschi, I'm starting to think hes a one hit wonder. In his last few games, and last few friendlies, I've not seen anything in him. He just makes a few touches, but is unable to get into good positions or to beat a man. He's still young, but I think we're over-emphasizing his potential.

Our biggest mistake was to not sign any center backs, and it really PISSES ME OFF. Stendardo would be good cover, so would someone 'Gattusoish' in defense, like Heinze. Kaladze is careless in this department, and Nesta is always absent due to injuries.

Our center midfield is packed with talent and quality, but we need to change the way we play. Players are standing around too much, so they all need to be more dynamic and moving around more. With so much quality, we should take advantage over this. Ambrosini, Flamini, Gattuso are great at movement, but it seems like theyre not playing the way they should, especially Ringhio... hes been off lately. Pirlo's use needs a change. Its become too predictable and teams know how to mark him. Our team relies too much on his long balls, which is not what we need. Last season Pato played wide and Pirlo crossed to him, which imo was a waste. Pato needs to run towards goal rather than away. He's got loads of skill and can hold the ball very well, and can shoot well, so let him run towards goal!!!!!

Seedorf/Kaka have been carrying the team on their backs and need to have more choices to make passes. We rely on their flair to score goals, hence Kaka scoring all our goals last year. Gourcuff was completely wasted last year by stupid subs such as Brocchi when we needed flair. Gourcuff was determined and has something to prove. But Ancelotti's stubborness with trying new things always fucks us up. Its like our tactics havent evolved after 3 years. The 2004 Milan was one of the best I ever watched, everyone was moving, everyone was finding space... what happened?

Unfortunately, I feel that if our team plays like shit this year again, I want Ancelotti out. I've supported him until now, and was against the stupid Rijkaard, Lippi and Mourinho comments in the past, But I hate this boring Milan style that we've been seeing in the last 2 years. I'm worried that the players might be 'bored' of him and are harder to motivate now.

Last edited:

bonera is a fantastic cb. suddenly Ancelotti persists in lining him up as a side back, wasting his talent.

Bonera is pretty good from what i've seen at SB like Wes Brown(but a better defender).

Milan should be looking at Christian Zapata before he gets snapped up by another big club like Inter(it wouldn't suprise me if they signed him), Felipe is another good CB but not as good as Zapata.

I like Zapata a lot, but one thing worries me about him - his defensive intelligence. At times, he does a "Kaladze", or what Dom likes to call - a "Zebina". Lapse of concentration that leads to fragile mistakes.

Well going into the transfer market again is out of the question for Galliani as he is suggesting Ambrosini to play a defensive role which I have my doubts about.
As for a striker I think Milan would have been better signing a pure striker like Adebayor then they could go back to the traditional 4-4-2 formation they used to play. It would go something like this

--------------Abbiati---------------
-Zambrotta-Kaladze-Nesta-Jankulovski-
-------------Pirlo-------------------
--Gattuso/Flamini-Ambrosini----
-------------Kaka-----------
--------Adebayor-Pato------------

I think it would have been a much better formation for Pato to have another striker and Kaka as well as he has done great in it 3-4 years ago and now that he has developed I think he would have done better.

Now Ronnie is here so we have to stick to the X-mas tree formation, but let's not judge him until we see what he is capable of doing.

@ lo zio
you totally missed out on Maldini there :)

I totaly agree with Milanista about Milan, Ronaldinho, Oddo and Carlitto's tactics! But about Paloschi, I have to disagree! He just played Euro U-19's which he was so great in! And right after that, he played friendly games with Milan! I mean the boy played 5 games in 15 days... you do the math!

And for Oddo, he is great, can do everything on the side... but he can't cross! last year, he always sent the ball way wide when he crossed! Zambrotta may add something in Milan, but I can't see what is it really!? Maybe better crosses, but we will have to wait and see.

For the golies, agree that Milan should have went for Lloris! He is highly rated and Milan were stupid to miss on him! But I admired Abbiati in the friendlies till now! He is doing so good! And we yet to see Dida... Let's give him a chance.

For the center backs, we need one... someone strong like Stef said, someone like Stam! Stendardo seems good to me, also people say Ivanovic is good, but I can't judge him, never saw him play!! Nesta getting back isn't the solution for Milan back problems. He is back now, but everybody knows he might get injured again and again, like last year! Maldini too, he can't play full season. And sorry to say it, I don't trust Kaladze in the back! Bonera is so good, but I'm not sure if he can act as a first team player... maybe good as a cover only!

For Milan type of play, I agree that we are being sooo predictable! And I still can't figure why Milan don't play wide! Milan don't have players like Figo, Camoranesi, C.Ronaldo, Mancini and many wingers! Milan always go through center, which last year made Pato act as a winger and started playing on the side more than as a center forward! I admire Pato, but he needs to play as a center forward not anything else! Milan need a winger, some one who can help the two side backs and the center players, and add more width in Milan team on the field! Someone who can help Kaka and Seedorf!! Ronaldinho may be good for Milan and be back as he was.. who knows? But can he add more width on the pitch?? Or just another center player?? I hope you get what I mean.. someone to add width and help those center players... Like Camoranesi with Juve.. Figo with Inter.. and many other wingers! Just look at most of the teams who play nice football, they all have players who play on the wings!
Seringho was Milan's only winger, but we all know that he was only threw in the game when we are losing and only in the last few minutes! And many time he came in and changed the whole face of the game and turned Milan to win! I ask again, why not try wide play more often!? But now Serginho is gone, I guess it's a late call from me!
Antonini is a winger, Milan just brought him back from Empoli. But from the games I saw, is he really up to play as a regular in Milan? I'd like him to stay, Milan must give him a chance, but he needs to play more... more to be truly good!

And last but not least, Milanista is right about Carlo, If this turns another bad year, I would like to see him leaving... as an act of change!

All I'm saying here, is that we need a strong center back the most, then we need to a winger to help those who carried the team on thier backs! ;)

lots of good stuff going on from milan fans here :))

Ronaldinho
u're right about ronaldinho's signing being a good move marketing-wise, stef,..... but honestly, it's milan we're talking about, one of the most supported football clubs in the world, the most winning club in the world in the last 20 years, the club which won most trophies in football history, a club which can line up the likes of maldini, nesta, pirlo, kaka, seedorf.... i can't believe milan needs a marketing boost... and if kaka isn't enough to give a boost to milan's image, well i can't see how ronaldinho could do better.
and however, if i remember well, milan left to ronaldinho all the marketing incomes linked to his name and image.
besides, talking about milan's financial situation, well milan's president is one of the richests men on the planet... he's the one who should take care of milan financial situation... actually he used to do it, until 3\4 years ago.... i wonder why did he become so parsimonious.

talking about the player, i'm pretty confident he can get back to his world class standards... and, for 25 millions, it's a bargain.
the thing is milan already has 2 world class player in that role, hence those money could have been spent better.

Zambrotta
i think saying he's a waste of money it's unfair. if by saying that, u mean that those 11 millions could have been spent better (adding other 20 millions to get dani alves, for example) then u're definitely right...... but it's still gianluca zambrotta we're talking about.
he might not be the world class player he was 2 years ago, he probably already reached his peak....but a 50% zambrotta it's still better than most of the fullbacks in europe today.
just consider panucci. most of the people used to consider him as an "old glory" till 3 years ago.... but surprisingly his last 2 seasons were nothing less than STUNNING.
i don't think it was a good move signing zambrotta, as i said earlier i think milan needs somehing different, but still i wouldn't say he's a waste of money.

Goalkeeper
Lloris is a very promising goalkeeper, and as i said before, i think milan needs young, hungry players, but the gk role, well, that's a different story. after all the troubles milan faced in the last 2 seasons with this role, the last thing the rossoneri need now is a young, unexperienced foreign gk (and it doesn't matter how promising he is).
milan needs a gk who already speaks italian, who already knows this league, who already knows serie a fowards, a goalkeeper with the experience and the charisma to lead the defensive line, someone who can call the positioning adjustments.
that's not lloris. that's abbiati. he has all the features i mentioned. he doesn't need time to adapt himself to the league, he already knows the players, he already knows the language, and he already knows his teammates and milan's gk trainers staff.
he's a very good gk who collected good performances everywhere he went (and i think our juve fans here will agree with me). he can give coolness to milan's cbs, giving them the guarrantee that there's somebody they can count on, right behind their backs (and i'm pretty confident this will have an effect on kaladze's clumsyness).
so milan needs young hungry players, but not a young hungry gk. they need someone who can make kaladze feel "untroubled", they need someone who can make the defensive line feel unhurried. and that's abbiati.

Oddo
i have to admit i'm surprised by what i read. aren't we talking about the player who was named best crosser in serie a from 2001 to 2005???
most of the players today take easy, "confortable" crosses, with an high-arched trajectory. those crosses are slow and extremely predictable. the arched trajectory gives more time to the foward\teammate to adjust his position in order to hit the ball..... but they also give time to the defenders\opponents. time to adjust their position, time to shorten the distance between themselves and the target-player, time to nullify the cross.
Oddo's crosses are exactly the opposite of this. they're extremely powerful and with a tight angle. they're like bulletts and they don't lift up too much, making the job extremely hard for the defenders. it's almost impossible to intercept them and they are too quick to allow the defender adjusting his position.
the foward doesn't have to take care of "protecting his position" in order to avoid the defender to get the ball (coz the pass is too quick to allow the defender to turn his back to the goal), and he doesn't even have to take care of giving a boost to the ball.
he just has to intercept the trajectory and change the spin of the ball with his head.
this is the state of the art of crosses.
of course it isn't easy for the foward to intercept the ball (aswell as it isn't for the defender), but hey, that's up to the foward!
a good crosser MUST throw a bullet with a slightly-arched trajectory in order to give an advantage to his teammate.
this kind of cross will he harder to intercept for both players (the foward and the defender)...... but it will be much harder for the defender than the foward, because to nullify a cross, a defender needs more time than the foward needs to hit the ball with his head.
the defender has to look at the ball's trajectory, AND to look at the foward-target position (and usually he has to turn his back in order to look at both of em, wich of course takes time). the defender has to adjust his position accordingly to the ball trajectory AND to the target-foward. then he has to pick the right timing to jump, in order to intercept the cross.
the foward, instead, when the cross is well-performed, just needs to pick the right timing to get the ball. he doesn't have to turn his back, the ball is the only thing he has to take care of, the only thing he has to look at.
that's why the foward needs less time. and that's why a bullett-cross is a better cross.
so, if many oddo's crosses flew out last season, then that's not oddo's fault. and that's the real issue i mentioned in my previous post. milan doesn't have many players good to cross at. last season milan's only good target was ambrosini.... now u have borriello, and i'm pretty confident that with marco upfront, oddo's crosses will come handy.

Ancelotti
i really don't understand why u guys blame carletto for milan's issues.
u're all tired of milan's xmas tree formation.... and u're right.
u all would like to see milan playing more wide, to open the defences and leave some spaces to kaka and the fowards....... and u're right.
but is that ancelotti's fault??? I mean, take a look at the roster. u don't play wide on the flanks coz u don't have the players to do it. milan has no camoranesi, no di natale, no figo, no mancini, no maggio.... u have only players who work on the centre. even your advanced midfielders tend to cut in the centre.
and it doesn't matter wich tactical directives ancelotti gives to kaka or seedorf or ronaldinho. he can even fetter them to the corner flag, they will still tend to cut on the centre as soon as they get the ball, because that's what they are; central players, not side players.
Galliani is the only one to blame for milan's football. it doesn't matter if u change coach, if u get lippi or zaccheroni or prandelli or spalletti or mourinho, coz they would all stick to that predictable formation, until Galliani will start buying some players milan actually needs!!!!
nothing will change until galliani will stop thinking about marketing strategies, or about pleasing the fans with big stars, nothing will change until he will have a serious chat with ancelotti and ask him "ok carletto, what does this team needs?"

actually if there's something i blame ancelotti for, is that. he has been too condescending with Galliani. he never had the guts to have a frank chat with galliani about milan's players-signing policies.

oh, and talking about Paloschi, he's still so young and unexperienced. u can't expect this young kid to solve milan's problems. he cannot carry such a responsability. he should be sent somewhere in loan, to get more playtime, coz if he'll stay in milano, the pressure might compromise his growth.

Sabac red said:
Bonera is pretty good from what i've seen at SB like Wes Brown(but a better defender).
he's not bad as a sideback. but he's sooo much better as a cb :))

Zeem said:
@ lo zio
you totally missed out on Maldini there
:DD
i know this is almost a blasphemy, mate. but i can't see Paolo getting much playtime this season :))
respect for the legend, however:WORSHIP:

Last edited:

The problem with Berlusca and his money is that he can't give us money because he's prime minister. He also seems to be focusing less on Milan due to his other commitments.

About Ancelotti and Galliani, I think there is a lot more to it than you say. I think Ancelotti has a huge say, but we just dont see it. I'm quite sure Berlusconi and Galliani wanted Shevchenko, but Ancelotti was the one that pushed to say no. I think he has a little more say than we all think.

About Ronaldinho - Galliani a few months ago spoke about how we are in the red, and that Kaka and Pirlo leaving would fix it. Ronaldinho gets a high share of marketing rights, but season tickets? shirt sales? and the money coming from photoshoots with the Milan shirt? I think we will get a lot of good money. And wasnt the transfer around 20 million?? I think thats a bargain too:D

Since the last few years, Ancelotti has this obsession with using wingbacks as width - but I dont think it works. It worked in the first year, but now its just no good. We can't expect our wingbacks to go up and down the pitch and provide good crosses, as it leaves the defense exposed.

The reason I feel Ancelotti is slowly losing it is mainly based on social factors rather than technical - I feel that, like I said, the team is losing faith in him, or he has problem motivating them. We look lazy, sluggish and lack creativity (except Kaka and Seedorf). Hopefully I'm wrong and Milan will explode this year.

Ben, I think you are a little harsh on Favalli. He's old, and we got him for free, but I don't think he was THAT bad last year. He provided cover when needed, and always did a decent job. I certainly think hes better than Simic, and at times Maldini. He has stamina and is usually injury free, so it does the trick. But to be a first choice cover for Milan, I dont agree, we need something better.

Last edited:

Goalkeeper
Lloris is a very promising goalkeeper, and as i said before, i think milan needs young, hungry players, but the gk role, well, that's a different story. after all the troubles milan faced in the last 2 seasons with this role, the last thing the rossoneri need now is a young, unexperienced foreign gk (and it doesn't matter how promising he is).
milan needs a gk who already speaks italian, who already knows this league, who already knows serie a fowards, a goalkeeper with the experience and the charisma to lead the defensive line, someone who can call the positioning adjustments.
that's not lloris. that's abbiati. he has all the features i mentioned. he doesn't need time to adapt himself to the league, he already knows the players, he already knows the language, and he already knows his teammates and milan's gk trainers staff.
he's a very good gk who collected good performances everywhere he went (and i think our juve fans here will agree with me). he can give coolness to milan's cbs, giving them the guarrantee that there's somebody they can count on, right behind their backs (and i'm pretty confident this will have an effect on kaladze's clumsyness).
so milan needs young hungry players, but not a young hungry gk. they need someone who can make kaladze feel "untroubled", they need someone who can make the defensive line feel unhurried. and that's abbiati.

Has all the gossip linking Artur Boruc to Milan stopped, I know we were quoting £10million for him.

Al lthe gossip has died down this side was just wondering if they still continued in Milan.

I think he could easily fill the role at the San Siro, wonderful keeper who rises to the big ocassion.

He was on the Italian media for quite a bit, but when Lloris was close to signing, it kinda died down, then Frey came into the picture. Now it seems for certain that we will NOT be looking for a keeper, and Abbiati is favourite to be starter.

Lo zio, I agree with you about Zambrotta thing... He might add something, but I'm not sure what is it, and Milan may needed something diffrent, but he is not a waste of money.

On Oddo, as if you actully saw last year he always crossed wide out of the field, not even in an area with players.. can't be the forwards problems!

Galliani, true, I blame him for some stupid transfers that happened! But I can't forget that he broght good players as well! ;)

Favalli, I like the lad. Whenever he is needed, he is there. And I can't remember a huge mistake he did, he barely do a mistake on the field! Not the best I say, but not bad at all!! He is not bad, imo!

But I still think Milan need to have a strong center back, and some width in thier overall gameplay!

Stendardo; He is being linked with a move to Napoli now! Domizzi may head to Lazio if that happened!

Milanista said:
About Ancelotti and Galliani, I think there is a lot more to it than you say. I think Ancelotti has a huge say, but we just dont see it. I'm quite sure Berlusconi and Galliani wanted Shevchenko, but Ancelotti was the one that pushed to say no. I think he has a little more say than we all think.

i dunno, mate. for the whole last season he ponted out how milan didn't need a player like ronaldinho, but galliani didn't care...... he badly wanted maggio, but galliani didn't care (about maggio, did u see what an AWESOME goal he scored yesterday? i saw the whole match and he was great! that's what milan need!)
i have the strong feeling galliani and braida don't involve him enough in the market strategies.
But of course i might be wrong :))

I feel that, like I said, the team is losing faith in him, or he has problem motivating them. We look lazy, sluggish and lack creativity (except Kaka and Seedorf). Hopefully I'm wrong and Milan will explode this year.
once Simoni said in an interview something really interesting. he said a coach shouldn't stay in the same club for too many years coz the players become too "familiar" with him, and this usually decrease their nervous tension (wich is a very important factor).
i kinda agree with this, and we have to consider that there is a great coach as donadoni available on the market right now....
....but still i can't help thinking that milan's main issue at the moment is the roster rather than the "tactical governance".

Since the last few years, Ancelotti has this obsession with using wingbacks as width - but I dont think it works. It worked in the first year, but now its just no good. We can't expect our wingbacks to go up and down the pitch and provide good crosses, as it leaves the defense exposed.
the thing is he has no choice. there are no side midfielders at milan, so there's no other way to open up the defences.

the reason why this system used to work till a couple of years ago, is because because those days, u had an IMMENSE cb couple (a fit nesta and stam) and some great sidebacks (like serginho and cafu).

today your defense is weaker and your sidebacks aren't performing as serginho and cafu used to in the old days.
some world class players went away or retired, and galliani didn't provide some appropriate replacements.

Ben, I think you are a little harsh on Favalli. He's old, and we got him for free, but I don't think he was THAT bad last year. He provided cover when needed, and always did a decent job. I certainly think hes better than Simic, and at times Maldini. He has stamina and is usually injury free, so it does the trick. But to be a first choice cover for Milan, I dont agree, we need something better.
that's the point. i'm not saying he's rubbish.... but milan deserves something better... a lot better.

gib2504 said:
Has all the gossip linking Artur Boruc to Milan stopped, I know we were quoting £10million for him.

got to say i was skeptical about boruc's skills till last year. but after watching him playing constantly, i changed my mind :DD
i would love to see him in serie a..... but for the reasons i explained before, i think abbiati is the best choice for milan at the moment.

Derfil said:
On Oddo, as if you actully saw last year he always crossed wide out of the field, not even in an area with players.. can't be the forwards problems!
well u definitely watched more milan matches than i did, mate, so i believe u and stef....however..
Sinisa didn't score on free kicks for about 2 years (can't remember the period, but it was in the middle of his carreer).....
but still i guess we all agree he has been one of the greatests free kick performers in history (if not THE best). :));))

EDIT:
Giovinco against honduras (olimpic games)
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=swbblEIQ98M

:SHOCK:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom