Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

For anyone in the UK wanting to watch Juve-Inter... register on bet365.com ... its free and you dont have to use any money to watch a live stream. (Thanks Dom)

What is going on with Lazio, last season after New Year they were the form team, now they are hopeless and will get relegated !!

They are plagued with injuries and they failed to sign a solid keeper this summer. I still think they can revive themselves.

Anyway... great game by Buffon and Chiellini tonight! Chiellini kept Zlatan quiet most of the game.

For all the talk of Roma's improved squad this year they still have nothing like an adequate replacement for Totti.

Vucinic was very poor both in terms of finishing and playing people in today and it cost Roma big time.

They need a forward or two, they are pretty short
with only esposito on the bench and he hasn't looked
the player that he was at calgairi.

Plus they got rid of Tavano who is finding his form again.

RIP Nils Liedholm.... Milan legend... passed away today at the age of 85.

Famously, it took two years playing for Milan until Liedholm misplaced even one pass. The rarity of this event apparently prompted an ovation that lasted five minutes.
Liedholm was also one of the first players to realise the importance of fitness to a good performance. Consequently, he put in many more hours of training than other players, saying himself that he did the 100 metres, 3000 metres, javelin, shot put and high jump twice a week. His club career would continue until he was almost 40.

He was part of Milan's famous GreNoLi with Nordahl and Gren.

Last edited:

What is going on with Lazio, last season after New Year they were the form team, now they are hopeless and will get relegated !!
No one can understand what is happening to Lazio... They have almost the same team as last year!
They are just missing their old keeper and as they've started the trainings in july for the Champions League preliminary match something is going wrong with the players' energy...
Anyway I don't think Lazio will get relegated :p

It's true, a big gang of Juventus fans attacked a couple of Lazio fans at Motorway services. A Lazio fan (26 year) was shot and he was killed either by police or the big gang of Juventus fans.

Damn.

Whats going on at Atalanta?

Last edited:

A police man misfired his gun and hit a Lazio fan. Milan game cancelled because Atalanta fans wanted the game to be suspended as a result of what happened with that Lazio fan.

absolutely terrible performance by Juventus.. :(

... but it gets only better and better :)

Last edited:

A police man misfired his gun and hit a Lazio fan. Milan game cancelled because Atalanta fans wanted the game to be suspended as a result of what happened with that Lazio fan.

Violence isn't the way to get people's attention.

absolutely terrible performance by Juventus.. :(

... but it gets only better and better :)

Have you even seen the game?? We were robbed blind FFS! First half was terrible, but when Salihamidzic and Tiago came on, I saw a passionate and fighting Juve.

It's really bad, the guy was just a kid and driving to see the match with his 3 friends... It's really sad that the Juventus fans attacked him and then the police shot him. Sometimes I want to turn my back on this game.

He wasn't really a kid, he was 28. The police man says he honestly didnt mean it. Apparently there was no violence between the Juve and Lazio fans, just chants.

The police man says he honestly didnt mean it.

I don't think it honestly matters whether he meant it or not, the fact is it is another death in football and it is a week where the football loses its relevance.

This should not be happening in football.

At least we can look to future violence free football and to good football in the coming weeks, something one unfortunate fan cannot do.

hi everybody guys, i hadn't much free time lately so i didn't come here...... many interesting things happened in the past few weeks.... many great matches it would be nice to talk about... from the roma derby to fiorentina - napoli, from inter - genoa to empoli - roma.... also the last 2 palermo matches were absolutely great to watch. genoa - palermo and palermo - napoli were maybe the 2 most entertaining matches this season offered so far and it would be nice to talk about them.......

but i guess what happened this sunday should come first of all so...

first of all some facts.

sunday some guys (6, maybe 7) moved with a minivan from roma to reach milan. they weren't ultras, just 6 simple guys who wanted to have a trip in milan to support their team.
when they reached Arezzo (a town near firenze) they decided to have a break in one of those service areas that u can find along the highway... just a little break to refuel the car and take a croissant at the bar. in this service area they met some guys who where headed to parma to watch the juventus match. those guys too weren't ultras. just 4 friend, 4 simple juve supporters...

now, we still don't know why but theese guys started arguing. at the moment it seems that this "dispute" didn't concern football at all. besides juve and lazio supporters are "friends" and even their ultras groups are "allied". Probably it was just a silly dispute....maybe the drivers parked their vehicles to close each others and they scratched their cars.... we don't know.
anyway the situation degenerated in a fight.... nothing serious btw.

on the other side of the highway, about 200 meters far from the guys, 2 policemen noticed the fight. they didn't realized soon what was happening but they saw those 5 guys fighting each others (just 5 of the were fighting... the others were sitting in their own cars) so one of them decided to "fire a warning shot" in the air.

as soon as the policeman shoot, the guys ran into their own cars to run away. probably they were afraid of missing the match, and they decided to run away to avoid the policemen keeping them stuck in that service area for too much time (asking them their id cards and their documents...). but of course this was a big mistake. when a policeman asks u to stop u just have to stop and let him check u out. if u run away, then the policeman will think u have something to hide. and actually running away from a policeman who is warning u to stop is already a crime.

so those 2 policemen started running towards those guys cars one of them didn't put his gun in the holster before starting to run....... A TERRIFIC MISTAKE! When he was starting to get across the highway (the guys were on the other side), he stumbled and accidentally pulled the trigger.... the bullet flied across 2 iron framings (which delimit the borders of the highway), passed through the entire highway (skirting all the cars on the highway :shock:) and reached the minivan, breaking the back window and hitting one of the guys neck.

as u will easily realise what happened was a tragic accident. and most important, it has anything to do with football. people dies everyday... and here in italy almost everybody support a football team. so if this should be called a "football death", then every death in italy should be called a "football death".
so the statement..
Vanzandt said:
it is another death in football
is quite unappropriate.... but i can undestand why u wrote it, Vanzandt, as the foreign newspapers i read theese days are quite misinformed ;)
Buffon said something pretty reasonable yesterday.." last week an old lady died in torino. she was a nice person and a juventus fan..... should we stop football matches for her too? has her death anything to do with football? of course not. it has anything to do with football, like that poor guy's death."

nontheless as soon as the news reached the stadia, many ultras groups decided this was the perfect pretext to unleash their fury and anger.
attention! i'm not talking about fans or supporters... i'm just talking about some ultras groups (milan, inter, atalanta, roma and lazio).

those thugs, those animals who live in our "curve" (the "curva" is the stadium end, the ultras turf) showing their ACAB banners (All Cops Are Bastards) went out of their mind when they knew a bastard policeman killed a guy. And when they knew that guy was a football fan (what a pathetic pretext!) they decided to do anything they could to stop the matches.
they started singing their disgusting slogans, like "policemen murderers". and when they realized the matches wouldn't have been stopped, they decided to break the stadia protection glasses to get inside the pitch and force us to stop the match.

and that's exactly what happened. when the atalanta match was suspended the whole stadium started yelling at the ultras, singing "scemi, scemi, scemi" (which could sound like "bastards" in english). everybody wanted to see the match, and everybody in the atalanta stadium was quite frustrated about the match suspension.
JUST 20 ULTRAS WERE ABLE TO PUT AN END TO A FOOTBALL MATCH. the fans, the police, the stewards, the players, nobody was able to stop them..... an entire stadium against 20 idiots..... but still those 20 idiots won.
the ultras said they were mad because they thought it wasn't fair to continue the match, they said they did that disgusting mess just to force the italian autorithies to stop the match to "respect" the dead guy's memory.......

but of course this was just a ridiculous pretext. infact the most terrible things happened a couple of hours later, in roma, where lazio and roma ultras (about 200 people) started some sort of an urban guerrilla destroing cars, shops, bus, the italian olimpic committee, and many police stations.

but then i wonder, if those beasts just wanted to stop the matches, why roma and lazio supporters unleashed their fury upon the city? I mean, roma and lazio matches were already suspended since hours, so what was the point in that mess???

those bastards didn't really care about suspending the matches, they didn't really care about that poor guy. they just wanted to unleash their anger...........

and the most disgusting thing is that we allowed them to do it! they weren't 2000, 1000 guys in bergamo stadium, trying to break that glass.... they were just 20! How can we define italy a civilised country if just 20 idiots can do such a mess!! how can we define italy a civilised country if a bunch of ultras can start a guerrilla in one of the most important cities in the world?. what the hell they're not an army! they're not terrorists. they're just a bunch of silly ignorant kids! can't we handle such a ridiculous threat??

today all the most important europeans newspapers are of course generalising, referring what happened sunday to the whole italian fans community... but that's pretty normal. people doesn't know the ultras are above the 2% of the italian football fans community... and they don't even know that not every ultras group is composed by bad apples....

just to make an example, palermo's stadium has a 37.000 people capacity. we have an average attendance of 25.000 fans each week. but do u know how many of them are actually ultras? well, palermo has 3 ultras groups for total sum of 300 guys. this means that palermo's ultras are approximately the 2\3% of our supporters.... and of course not all of them (palermo ultras) are bad apples.

then i wonder; if such a little bunch of idiots can cause so much troubles, what could happen if the 10, 15 percent of the italian football supporters would act like that???? a coup?? a civil war????

the only thing we italians should be ashamed of are not the ultras. violent persons, thugs, petty criminals are everywhere..... but here in italy (unlike the other countries) we don't seem to be able to handle them.
here in italy just 20 idiots can stop a football match, just 200 18 years old kids can turn a city into an hell..... that's what we should really be ashamed of :(

Sorry lo zio but I maintain what I said.

It is another death in football.

The logic is simple.

Because of what has gone on in the past the police have jumped to the wrong conclusion and with a gun!

The gun may have been fired by accident, but the fact that the gun was pulled out was no an accident and was due to the fact that the police thought they were dealing with football related violence. So the death even if accidental shooting IS football related because it was caused by the operational errors that could allow it to happen in the first place. Then subsequent to the death everything that happened afterwards with the Ultras was also football related.

For me there is no shame at all for Italian football or for Italian people and certainly nothing for outsiders to use as an instrument to attack Italian people- no.

This is a tragic event that is a tragedy for all football and for all fans and it is another sad footballing death, another life that should not have been lost…the fact it was in Italy is irrelevant it would be equally sad and wrong be it in England, France, Greece etc.

It is not about condemnation it is about football authorities, police authorities, politicians, individual etc doing there all to try and prevent all such events from happening.

In this instance the police must review the events and try to prevent operational errors that can lead to such tragic consequences. Police policy should prevent this kind of thing happening. The UK police have made similar catastrophic errors in dealing with other matters and I am sure that can be said for police forces in many countries…it is important to learn for such things and not discount them.

Sorry lo zio but I maintain what I said.

u don't have to be sorry for your opinions mate, that's what conversation is about ;)

but to have a reasonable conversation it takes to know what really happened sunday. and i wanted to explain what happened. :)

let me try again:

Because of what has gone on in the past the police have jumped to the wrong conclusion and with a gun!

mate they saw 5 guys fighting outside a service area. they were too far to catch their attention just by screaming, so they (actually "he" as just 1 of them fired) fired a warning shoot in the air, according to the standard operative procedure.

then he saw those guys running away.... what kind of conclusion might he have jumped on?? they were running away from the police!
he just wanted to reach them to see their id cards and to realize if they were thieves.

The gun may have been fired by accident, but the fact that the gun was pulled out was no an accident and was due to the fact that the police thought they were dealing with football related violence.

absolutely not mate. they didn't think they were dealing with football related violence. how could they? they were on a highway, they weren't near to a stadium. those guys didn't wear any football scarf or flags or anything.
theese service areas are usually the favourite targets of thieves (they're like the liquor stores in usa), so when they saw those guys running towards their cars to escape from the police they thought those guys were thieves.

that's why football has anything to do with this story.

anyway that policeman made a terrible mistake not putting his gun in the holster before starting run towards the guys (and he violated the standard operative procedure by doing this) ..... and that's why he has been charged of involuntary manslaughter.

Milanista said:
Theyre thinking of giving Milan a 3-0 win at Bergamo as the game only lasted 6 minutes and ended because of the stupid ultras.

it will happen for sure, mate. and i'd say it's fair enough.

Last edited:

Well the stories that I have read conflict with what you are saying, so it is hard for me to comment further.

My point in any respect was related to making sure people do not end dead- irrespective of country and was not an anti Italian or anti Italian football comment.

Clearly a police officer should not have been doing what he did in terms of procedure, so you would hope nothing a sad as this happens again. The after effects across football are also an issue that need to be conisdered properly, so that people are safe and fans correctly looked after....that is not some silly negative bashing comment about Italy either, it is a statement applicable to all countries.

Last edited:

Well the stories that I have read conflict with what you are saying, so it is hard for me to comment further.

i know mate. mee too i read some english, french and spanish newspapers theese days. and i decided to report here what really happened just because i noticed how many wrong informations newspapers wrote about this story.

...and was not an anti Italian or anti Italian football comment.
of course mate ;)

Clearly a police officer should not have been doing what he did in terms of procedure, so you would hope nothing a sad as this happens again. The after effects across football are also an issue that need to be conisdered properly, so that people are safe and fans correctly looked after....that is not some silly negative bashing comment about Italy either, it is a statement applicable to all countries.

yep :(
actually the real tragedy is what happened in atalanta's stadium and in roma during the night.
but unfortunately that's not just a football related problem... it's something much bigger than football. if the "ultras issues" were just a football related problem, then it would be much more easier to solve this "problem". but suddenly that's something that goes beyond football... and i have to admit i have no idea how we can solve this situation...:(
but one thing is for sure. what happened sunday night in roma (or last year in catania) shouldn't happen in a civilised country... and i'd say we should seriously think about it. :roll:

that is not some silly negative bashing comment about Italy either, it is a statement applicable to all countries.

of course it isn't mate ;)
but anyway the italian situation is really going too far, talking about the ultras (i'd say "criminals" is the most appropriate word).
i lived in spain for 1 year and in france for a little more than 1 year..... they too have some serious problems, talking about violent supporters, but they're better than us in handling them.

Back
Top Bottom