Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

Man please, grosso is 30 in november. We have Jankulovski who works so hard. In january a young argentine left back was signed and seems to be training with the team at present. Marek doesn't need to be replaced just coz someone might have a better reputation.

I wasn't talking specifically about Grosso, since I would not want him in my squad, too. But, generally speaking, we need a world class left back, and Janku is not. He works hard, true, he scored some important goals in the most difficult moment of the season, but he is not world class. We needed someone like Abidal, Lahm, Zambrotta or, best of all, someone like Daniel Alves if only he played on the left (:lmao:)

Grimi, which is the argentinian you are talking about, is one of the most stupid transfer move ever done, he is a mediocre young player for whom we got robbed (it's Braida's fault). He spent six months away from the pitch because "he wasn't ready", he was made fun of by a MALTA right winger during a friendly and then was shipped to Siena on loan as fast as they could, guess we'll never see him again. He simply belongs to lower divisions.

We got Favalli, who's 36, so next season he's gone. And Serginho, same age, who'll be gone as well. So I say keep Marek, I think he deserves it. But buy someone of the world class level Milan needs.

Re: Serie A Thread (KO August 26th 2007)

Week 1
26/8/07 (return 27/1/08)
Fiorentina-Empoli
Genoa-Milan
Inter-Udinese
Juventus-Livorno
Lazio-Torino
Napoli-Cagliari
Palermo-Roma
Parma-Catania
Reggina-Atalanta
Siena-Sampdoria

Week 2
1/9/2007 (2/2/08)
Atalanta-Parma
Cagliari- Juventus
Catania-Genoa
Empoli-Inter
Livorno-Palermo
Milan-Fiorentina
Roma-Siena
Sampdoria-Lazio
Torino-Reggina
Udinese-Napoli

Week 3
16/9/07 (10/2/08)
Fiorentina-Atalanta
Genoa-Livorno
Inter-Catania
Juventus-Udinese
Lazio-Empoli
Napoli-Sampdoria
Palermo-Torino
Parma-Cagliari
Reggina-Roma
Siena-Milan

Week 4
23/9/07 (17/2/08)
Atalanta-Lazio
Cagliari-Palermo
Catania-Fiorentina
Empoli-Napoli
Livorno-Inter
Milan-Parma
Roma-Juventus
Sampdoria-Genoa
Torino-Siena
Udinese-Reggina

Week 5
26/9/07 (24/2/08)
Catania-Empoli
Fiorentina-Roma
Genoa-Udinese
Inter-Sampdoria
Juventus-Reggina
Lazio-Cagliari
Napoli-Livorno
Palermo-Milan
Parma-Torino
Siena-Atalanta

Week 6
30/9/07 (27/2/08)
Cagliari-Siena
Empoli-Palermo
Livorno-Fiorentina
Milan-Catania
Napoli-Genoa
Reggina-Lazio
Roma-Inter
Sampdoria-Atalanta
Torino-Juventus
Udinese-Parma

Week 7
7/10/07 (2/3/08)
Atalanta-Udinese
Catania-Livorno
Fiorentina-Juventus
Genoa-Cagliari
Inter-Napoli
Lazio-Milan
Palermo-Reggina
Parma-Roma
Siena-Empoli
Torino-Sampdoria

Week 8
21/10/07 (9/3/08)
Atalanta-Torino
Cagliari-Catania
Fiorentina-Siena
Juventus-Genoa
Livorno-Lazio
Milan-Empoli
Reggina-Inter
Roma-Napoli
Sampdoria-Parma
Udinese-Palermo

Week 9
28/10/07 (16/3/08)
Catania-Sampdoria
Empoli-Atalanta
Genoa-Fiorentina
Lazio-Udinese
Milan-Roma
Napoli-Juventus
Palermo-Inter
Parma-Livorno
Siena-Reggina
Torino-Cagliari

Week 10
31/10/07 (19/3/08)
Atalanta-Cagliari
Fiorentina-Napoli
Inter-Genoa
Juventus-Empoli
Palermo-Parma
Reggino-Livorno
Roma-Lazio
Sampdoria-Milan
Siena-Catania
Udinese-Torino

Week 11
4/11/07
Cagliari-Sampdoria
Catania-Atalanta
Empoli-Roma
Genoa-Palermo
Juventus-Inter
Lazio-Fiorentina
Livorno-Udinese
Milan-Torino
Napoli-Reggina
Parma-Siena

Week 12
11/11/07 (30/3/08)
Atalanta-Milan
Fiorentina-Udinese
Inter-Lazio
Palermo-Napoli
Parma-Juventus
Reggina-Genoa
Roma-Cagliari
Sampdoria-Empoli
Siena-Livorno
Torino-Catania

Week 13
25/11/07 (6/4/08)
Cagliari-Milan
Empoli-Torino
Genoa-Roma
Inter-Atalanta
Juventus-Palermo
Lazio-Parma
Livorno-Sampdoria
Napoli-Catania
Reggina-Fiorentina
Udinese-Siena

Week 14
2/12/07 (13/4/08)
Atalanta-Napoli
Cagliari-Livorno
Catania-Palermo
Fiorentina-Inter
Milan-Juventus
Parma-Empoli
Roma-Udinese
Sampdoria-Reggina
Siena-Lazio
Torino-Genoa

Week 15
9/12/07 (20/4/08)
Empoli-Cagliari
Genoa-Siena
Inter-Torino
Juventus-Atalanta
Lazio-Catania
Livorno-Roma
Napoli-Parma
Palermo-Fiorentina
Reggina-Milan
Udinese-Sampdoria

Week 16
16/12/07 (27/4/08)
Atalanta-Palermo
Cagliari-Inter
Catania-Udinese
Empoli-Genoa
Lazio-Juventus
Milan-Livorno
Parma-Reggina
Sampdoria-Fiorentina
Siena-Napoli
Torino-Roma

Week 17
23/12/07 (4/5/08)
Fiorentina-Cagliari
Genoa-Parma
Inter-Milan
Juventus-Siena
Livorno-Atalanta
Napoli-Torino
Palermo-Lazio
Reggina-Catania
Roma-Sampdoria
Udinese-Empoli

Week 18
13/1/08 (11/5/08)
Atalanta-Roma
Cagliari-Udinese
Catania-Juventus
Empoli-Reggina
Lazio-Genoa
Milan-Napoli
Parma-Fiorentina
Sampdoria-Palermo
Siena-Inter
Torino-Livorno

Week 19
20/1/08 (18/5/08)
Fiorentina-Torino
Genoa-Atalanta
Inter-Parma
Juventus-Sampdoria
Livorno-Empoli
Napoli-Lazio
Palermo-Siena
Reggina-Cagliari
Roma-Catania
Udinese-Milan

So has Channel Five announced anything about their coverage of Serie A football?

Will James Richardson be presenting the show? Will there be live matches?

Don't expect C5's coverage to be extensive, I suggest you subscribe to Setanta Sports.

Week 1
26/8/07 (return 27/1/08)
Fiorentina-Empoli
Genoa-Milan
Inter-Udinese
Juventus-Livorno
Lazio-Torino
Napoli-Cagliari
Palermo-Roma
Parma-Catania
Reggina-Atalanta
Siena-Sampdoria

:shock:
not exactly what i'd call a "soft start" :(

Week 17
23/12/07
Inter-Milan
it will be bad Christmas gift for inter fans :D

Amauri'!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes back! I'm a big fan of his, and seeing him score a hat trick makes me happy.

:D
it was really a relief seeing amauri playing like last year. theese kind of injuries are very dangerous because, once u're healthy again, u might not be the same player u were before the injury (just consider what happened to del piero years ago).
fortunately it looks like it didn't happen this time :)

a very good match between two very good teams. Of course the result doesn't mean anything coz we're still in preseason and it was a friendly match, but according to what i saw, next season palermo looks quite promising.

unfortunately we'll start the season playing against roma.... i also saw the supercoppa final yesterday (i recorded the match while i was at the stadium)...... Roma is really impressive, they're already fit, giuly has already been "absorbed" by roma game system... it looks like he has been playing with them for years...

i can already see roma smashing us next week :(....
but hey, we still got Amauuuuuriiiiiiii! \\:o/

just a little note. i saw a couple of premiership matches this week end..... the manchester derby, chelsea - liverpool, and the highlights of the remaining matches.......
well, after seeing for 2 days many guys running like mad for 90 minutes with no purpose, finally yesterday evening i saw some real football :mrgreen:
thanks God there's serie a! :D

I can't wait for this season... its going to be good. All the big sides are angry and want the title, and arguably half of serie A are going to fight for a European spot. I also hope MIlan fans dont get banned for the Genoa match... it will kill the atmosphere. Theyre trying to stop fans because of an incident 10 years ago.

I can't wait for this season... its going to be good. All the big sides are angry and want the title, and arguably half of serie A are going to fight for a European spot.

yep, u're right mate, this season should be a pure pleasure. torino , udinese and sampdoria improved a lot, i'd say they're almost on the same level of palermo... and also cagliari and parma are doing very good in the calciomercato. the only club which disappointed me is napoli, but i'm still confident they'll reinforce the team with a couple of buys before the 31 august :)

I also hope MIlan fans dont get banned for the Genoa match... it will kill the atmosphere. Theyre trying to stop fans because of an incident 10 years ago.

i perfectly understand u mate, but the only responsibles are those idiots who wrote "revenge for spagnolo" on a wall... those idiots... if that's the only way to "educate" theese thugs, then let it be.... next time they'll think twice, before doing something so stupid ;)

edit: i just heard perrotta won't be able to play next sunday (because of yesterday's red card); excellent! now we just have to get rid of taddei, giuly, de rossi, aquilani, totti, vucinic, mexes and cassetti...... and we might even win! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

the only club which disappointed me is napoli, but i'm still confident they'll reinforce the team with a couple of buys before the 31 august :)

In my opinion Napoli have made the best signing of the summer... Ezequiel Lavezzi !!

hes been scoring like crazy all summer. They lost Bucchi though, and Pia! I remember when Napoli were in serie C1 Pia was very effective and was very creative.

Anyway, any english people know if Genoa-Milan is being televised anywhere in the UK? I might have to go to BarItalia in London but i have no idea who they will show.

Also, anyone wanna make predictions? Ive never done serie A predictions but I might just for fun for this new seasons.

Fiorentina - Empoli 2-1
Genoa - Milan 2-2
Inter - Udinese 2-0
Juventus - Livorno 3-0
Lazio - Torino 2-1
Napoli - Cagliari 2-0
Palermo - Roma 1-2 (sorry zio, Im a big fan of Palermo but I can sense Roma taking it)
Parma - Catania 1-1
Reggina - Atalanta 1-3
Siena - Sampdoria 0-1

Last edited:

In my opinion Napoli have made the best signing of the summer... Ezequiel Lavezzi !!

i can easily understand why u consider "el pocho" such a great buy, Edmundo. He was very, very good in argentina, but we still have to see if he won't have any adapting problems here in italy.
usually agentinian players find theirselves at home here in italy, as there is a deep empathy between italiani and argentinians, a strong tie among our countries and our people......
.... but still...
i guess u remember how bad farias played here in palermo, so i can't say yet if he will turn to be a great signing or not :)

of course the farias example was something unique (as long as i can remember he was the only argentinian player who "underperformed" here in italy), of course Sosa will help him a lot during his first year in italy, of course Napoli is "something special" for an argentinian football player (.... actually Napoli is something special for anybody in this world, but the tie between napoli and argentina is even deeper, and i can tell this, being myself a bit napoletano too ;))...
but as i said before we have to wait and see how he will do.
until last week it seems like he actually had some adapting problems, as he he said he didn't feel so confortable, and his performances clearely were influenced by this (he wasn't that good in napoli's first friendlies)..... but we also have to say that the whole team spent the last weeks in austria (if i do remember well) for the preseasonal athletic preparation (besides how can a passional argentinian guy feel "confortable" in austria :mrgreen:.... sorry for the cheap shot, austrians :mrgreen:). then, last week, he finally went to napoli and the passion of the napoletani probably warmed his heart, coz he finally started to play good.

hes been scoring like crazy all summer. They lost Bucchi though, and Pia! I remember when Napoli were in serie C1 Pia was very effective and was very creative.

well, actually he just started to play good.... yesterday he scored an awesome hattrick (:D)

talking about bucchi and pia, napoli lost 2 very good players, but i'd say it was a good decision for both, the club and the players. pia and bucchi are two very good players and they deserve to play in a starting formation, wich would have been impossible in napoli (they already had calaio and lavezzi, now they also signed zalayeta).

They also just got Blasi and Zalayeta.

yep, as i said before, i was sure marino, de laurentis and reja would have done something before the 31 august :)
zalayeta is a very good buy. a good, tall and experienced striker, who knows pretty well serie a. sure he must have a huuuge motivation, as this will be his first year as a starting formation striker (after a lot of years as a backup in juve). i'd say he can guarrantee a decent amount of goals.

talking about blasi, i have to say i'm quite confused; napoli already had dalla bona, who is the same "type" of player (and is really better than blasi, talking about quality)... i can't understand why they're dropping dalla bona for blasi if i have to be honest :roll:

Also, anyone wanna make predictions? Ive never done serie A predictions but I might just for fun for this new seasons.

Fiorentina - Empoli 2-1
Genoa - Milan 2-2
Inter - Udinese 2-0
Juventus - Livorno 3-0
Lazio - Torino 2-1
Napoli - Cagliari 2-0
Palermo - Roma 1-2 (sorry zio, Im a big fan of Palermo but I can sense Roma taking it)
Parma - Catania 1-1
Reggina - Atalanta 1-3
Siena - Sampdoria 0-1

that's a nice idea mate, but i give up.... i'm awful in making predictions and i really have no idea how theese matches will end :mrgreen:
your prediction about the palermo-roma match is quite good; unfortunately me too i think we'll lose :(

the fiorentina-empoli match looks quite unpredictable to me, as it's a derby, and empoli players will be highly motivated :mrgreen:

talking about the inter-udinese match, i think it will be a very tough match for the nerazzurri. udinese is a very good team and inter didn't look that good in their last matches (especially sunday). against roma they looked a little to tired, their legs looked overburdened, heavily charged by the athletic preparation..... afterall inter has many tall players, and we all know that the players with a sturdy build usually need more time to reach the best athletic shape.... so i don't think inter will have an easy match against udinese.

talking about the genoa milan match, i'd say milan should easily win... genoa players still has to get in touch with serie a and milan looked quite good in the last few matches....
.. but i can see why u put a 2 - 2 result...... you're a little scaramantico, aren't u? :D

Last edited:

Anyway, any english people know if Genoa-Milan is being televised anywhere in the UK? I might have to go to BarItalia in London but i have no idea who they will show.

They usually show some sort of "conference" mode, where they focus on 2-3 games but switch around the different stadiums as the goals go in.

There is a Restaurant called centonove near Paddington, they usually show whichever game you want.

Good to know edmundo, thanks. I think what you refer to is Direttagol, which shows any action in any of the games and all goals. I will probably go to that!

Hey Milanista, I'm coming to live in London in september...Do this BarItalia show italian serie A on a regular basis? What good places do you know that can help me not to lose contact with italian football (and Milan, most of all :D)?

Thanks

Hey Milanista, I'm coming to live in London in september...Do this BarItalia show italian serie A on a regular basis? What good places do you know that can help me not to lose contact with italian football (and Milan, most of all :D)?

Thanks

There are 2 bars I know that show regular serie A with SKY Italia. They are usually full and full of Italians. So dont worry. They might always show the team you want, but they usually show the best matches or biggest matches.

So, before the season starts, a little antipasto... rosanero, of course (what else :mrgreen:).

this should be a top 20 palermo's last season goals..... the ranking is quite debatable... many great palermo last season's goal are missing.... and amauri's goal against fiorentina deserves the first place imo,

but the video is still nice, and roy paci plays "cantu siciliano" :D

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=84AwRtkSASo

this instead is our first preseason official friendly against real saragozza.... not a bad way to begin, i'd say :)

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_s7otR0at6E

the season is coming folks, we're all waiting for palermo, fiorentina, lazio, roma, samp, milan, udinese, inter, atalanta, juve..........

but let's admit it.... we all are also waiting for ilaria :mrgreen:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=-kw2jSCe4Qg

here we are guys, i can't help myself waiting any longer :)

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=BcS2JEsvD28
:lol::lol::lol::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

Forza Juve :applause: 5-1

Top of the league ;-)

Last edited:

04vd6.jpg

VE FAMO UN CULO COME UNA CAPANNA
magicooovinghengoGOOO IAQUINTA

nice start by juve. more than decent match, especially if compared to the preseasonal matches.
but we also have to say livorno was really a weak opposition yesterday.... i never saw livorno playing so bad since they're in serie a.
moreover the final result is a bit too harsh for livorno... a 2 - 0 would have been a fair result, imo. after the 3rd goal (we have to say that the penalty was a joke, as iaquinta clearely dived) livorno just gave up and left the ball to the bianconeri.
anyway i'm really happy for juve victory. it was really important for them to have a good start..... and besides, both juve players and fans truly deserve to be happy again :)

lazio - torino was a really nice match to watch. lazio lost 2 players for injury (they're bad luck is really unbelievable..... now they don't have healthy cbs anymore) yesterday's lazio cbs were zauri, and diakite....:shock: unbelievable.
(it would be the perfect moment to play against them for my palermo :mrgreen:).
torino is a very good team. cairo made a wise calciomercato and now they have everything they need to have a nice season :)
rosina's goal was awesome, but it's nothing weird as his goals are always beautiful.

talking about today's matches, till now i didn't saw anything good honestly. poor football by many teams, but it's quite natural, as it's our first seasonal match, the players still have to get in a good shape... anyway we're still faaaaar from serie a's quality.
another reason for the poor football is probably the temperature. it's pretty hot here in italy in theese days...... today in palermo we have 91.4 degrees Fahrenheit.... it's damned hot and i don't think the situation will get better this evening.... not a good news for palermo - roma. It will be very,very, very hard for both sides to play a decent football in theese conditions......
right now i'm stuck in my home, air conditioning, coke.... i would never play football with this temperature :roll:

Last edited:

I got to admit, things were really going juve's way yesterday. Can't complain about lack of luck.

Good performance anyhow though.

Inter already dropped points vs udinese :lol:.

Suprised Udinese got a point their final ball was terrible.

Inter already dropped points vs udinese :lol:.

many teams will drop points vs udinese ;)

poor football by many teams, but it's quite natural, as it's our first seasonal match, the players still have to get in a good shape... anyway we're still faaaaar from serie a's quality.

except fiorentina, samp, milan, torino and cagliari, who are already playing nice football.

33 goals today; sky calcio show hoster said it's almost a record for a first seasonal match.... i'd say that's the obvious result of the football played today.... more goals = less quality, an undeniable equation.

mancini and de laurentis just said that is ridiculous to play august\september matches at 3 o'clock... it's impossible to play a quality footie... too hot.
totally agreed.

i'm really happy for montella. i can't believe he didn't play in the starting 11 at fulham... it's grotesque and ridiculous. :roll:

p.s. sorry for the "self-quoting".... i know it's not so classy :roll:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom