Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

"While Chemistry were testing it, they couldn't do the online part of it because MS wouldnt give them a test server.

So after they did all they could, they sent it to Codemasters which passed it, then to MS which then they passed it. Because of this messup, Chemistry will be testing it tomorrow, then send it off to Codemasters and MS again which hasnt made them happy because the MS QA team has to work over christmas.

A fully working version will be expected about January. "

I've heard that rumour too Sudden, doesn't look good. Also explains why we shouldn't expect an "imminent" release :(

Christmas without SWOS then. Sod it, I'm on the Amiga version until then. Kaillera is supposed to be fine to play it online too.

I can't believe they won't let people download the broken version, it works great offline and I'm having a blast with it. It's really shit to the people who are waiting for it - I mean it's not like it can break anything, it just cuts you off from the net while you play it. Big deal.

They're going to lose sales and it's such a shame, brilliant little game and I CANNOT WAIT to play people online from here.

It's because it could contain code which could break the 360 or have holes in the code which can lead to exploits. Damage limitation and all that.

Your going to be shit hot at the game then JB.... Ive been playing the Amiga version a fair bit. Also the MegaDrive version.

I don't know, i've played the game hours upon hours since Wednesday also, and i've won about 5 games in total. Best part is though, being shit at it hasn't made me want to stop playing at all.

I'm gonna try zooming out with the camera when i play later though, knowing where my players are mite actually come in handy quite a bit!

"Quote:
...In other News, the previously removed version of Sensible World of Soccer was put back up on XBox Live Arcade at 14:00 this afternoon, putting an end to the misery of many Sensi fans around Britain, and, indeed, the world.

The move came as the original, released on 19th December, was removed becasue of a severe Bug limiting 360 owners to log-out of the Live account to play the game, then to exit the game to log back in.

A major feature in this version is the Online Multiplayer option, which wasnt available, due to the Bug mentioned above.

Still, its there now, so ladies, get ready for ignorance the world has never seen, as all your Boyfriends and Wives go back to their childhood with this truly amazing re-re-re-release.

-Steve Bennett"

Carlsberg dont do the news, but if they did, it would probably be the best news in the world.

Bastard, didn't see the Carling line, I had already booted my 360 up looking for Sensi. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

I'm probably heading off soon, going to see the gf tonight so wont be able to play you online Paul. Might be able to squeeze a game in tomorrow though :)

downloaded that fullpack of amiga SWOS from sensiblesoccer.de today, but what's the controls? not getting past the menus, lol. emulators suck!

Arrow keys and right ctrl :) That's on Keyboard A settings.

I assume you can use any controller, not sure though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Dual PSX-USB adaptor, both pads work if you set Port 0 and Port 1 to both use PC joysticks. I would guess other DirectInput-recognised controllers would work as well.

Woot, got it working!

This was my first time ever playing SWOS, I did Man Utd against Sheff Wed. By the 70th minute i was down 4-0 but I strung together some nice passes and Beckham bent it in from the top of the 18!

It was fantastic!

The only thing is one punts and long balls I can't seem to get much distance. The ball rarely makes it to midfield.

Also, are there any up-to-date rosters available?

Tupac has just died after being shot on The strip in Vegas!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit sorry i thought it was 1996 ;)

Woot, got it working!

This was my first time ever playing SWOS, I did Man Utd against Sheff Wed. By the 70th minute i was down 4-0 but I strung together some nice passes and Beckham bent it in from the top of the 18!

It was fantastic!

The only thing is one punts and long balls I can't seem to get much distance. The ball rarely makes it to midfield.

Also, are there any up-to-date rosters available?

Not sure if you know as you are new, but to do long balls, hold down the kick button and as you release it, pull back in the opposite direction for a high ball - or release the joystick all together to do a 'medium' height kick - after touch can also be applied to these...

Back
Top Bottom