Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

Not sure if you know as you are new, but to do long balls, hold down the kick button and as you release it, pull back in the opposite direction for a high ball - or release the joystick all together to do a 'medium' height kick - after touch can also be applied to these...

Thanks for that.

Now i could understand what the fuss was about if we was still in 90's but if im not mistaken this game came out 15 years ago

Maybe its because i didnt play it "back in the day", i may get it to see how shit it is :)

I am exactly the same mate - never got the hype. Over-head view footy games just feel wrong to me.

Looks like there's a Player Match bug, either that or it's just me. I've tried playing pboreham and I've tried playing two randoms, every time (whether I host or whether I connect to them) it crashes out as the players enter the pitch.

Ranked Match works fine though, WHAT A GAME!

My first match I went to England, Div One, and selected Tranmere. Because the list of Div One teams was on the screen and you have to go through two other screens to get to Prem teams or whatever, it seems to make people more inclined to choose a team in the same league.

It also helps that the original Amiga control system is in place, i.e. two people control what's happening at the same time, so if they start going down towards "exit" you just keep pressing up. :mryellow: Bit of a shitty system if I'm totally honest, I can't believe they've kept it that way because it means you keep selecting the wrong side when you try to start the match - if you both press A at once you might be given the home/away side by accident. You have to take things SLOOOW or you'll press go when you're on the team selection screen for your opponent's team, and then you're stuck being them for the 90 minutes.

But so far everyone has chose a team in the same league, even for ranked games, which is fab. Lag takes getting used to - obviously there has to be a slight bit of lag, would be impossible for it to be exactly like you're playing in the same room, this is on-speed SWOS we're talking about - but it's so much fun. Beat Bolton 2-1 as Tranmere, GET IN!!!

Last edited:
its shite. I deleted it after playing the trial version.

lol....

we have next gen graphics and they wanna play 4bit..

i know this is old skool, but everything i thought was cool back then, is pretty much shit now in reality

which includes this :D

p.s no offence to you fanatics, it's clear some of you are creaming over this
enjoy

I got the "Gentlemanly Conduct" achievement after my first game, screw you all :D

Aside the 'player' match problems (which are not ideal as its the only way to play friends!), the game is awesome.

Love the HD graphics over the old ones (which look rank on HD!) and the gameplay is as fun as ever.

Looking forward to starting a career later :)

CW and Jack, when I was trying to play you, my missus came down and was pissisng herself - at both our futile attempts to start a match, but mostly the 'crappy' game I was playing - "What the hell is that?! Reminds me of 'Frogger' Graphics"

Think she also found it highly amusing that I knew the lyrics to "Goalscoringsuperstarhero" off by heart and were singing them whilst running round the room in excitement (yes, I am a 31 year old Project Manager).

Some people can be so insensitive :(

HAHA, the missus was sitting reading and she suddenly goes "goalscoringsuperstar... oh FUCK NO." It's now implanted in her psyche forever. :thumbup:

Woot, got it working!

This was my first time ever playing SWOS, I did Man Utd against Sheff Wed. By the 70th minute i was down 4-0 but I strung together some nice passes and Beckham bent it in from the top of the 18!

It was fantastic!

The only thing is one punts and long balls I can't seem to get much distance. The ball rarely makes it to midfield.

Also, are there any up-to-date rosters available?

Have a look at the Synchronised updates, found on the sensiblesoccer.de forums. I believe they're the best.

When you're trying long balls, push forward, then pull back and the ball will rise like a helium balloon ;)

I knew I shouldn't have seen my girlfriend tonight, I've missed out on 3 hrs worth of play!

;)

Hard? People are saying it's hard? I just played as Liverpool v Everton and won 4-0, and it could've been more :)

Ranked match then? Me as Italy v Germany. 4-1 I won :D The person I was playing thought it was FIFA/PES and couldn't score unless he cut the ball back/sideways :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
played one ranked game. found it strange i had to pick both teams. I ended with arsenal and beat liverpool 2-0.

I am hardly gonna play this as a player though. I hardly played the Amiga version as player/coach. this game is all about career mode and watching the games. Started career with Liverpool. played 5, won 4 and drew one game. Collymore and Fowler injured so got a striker crisis. Wish we could edit the names as trying to figure out which players were great in 96/97 season is tough work man..

I fucking LOVE it :D

Just played Paul (pbb) and drew 1-1 and have to say that was the hardest competition I've had tonight! Really well played mate, sat there with a big grin on my face the whole game :lol:

Brilliant stuff this game, I absoloutly love it!

Tips for new players playing a career. See under your subs you have a single player? You can move left and rotate through other players ;) You have trialists, who become reserves once played. If you give a reserve enough games (varies between players) they sign a full contract. More often than not the player signs is worth 5k and is a bit poo. But occasionally you'll unearth a diamond who is worth more than any of your players :)

I fucking LOVE it :D

Just played Paul (pbb) and drew 1-1 and have to say that was the hardest competition I've had tonight! Really well played mate, sat there with a big grin on my face the whole game :lol:

Brilliant stuff this game, I absoloutly love it!

Tips for new players playing a career. See under your subs you have a single player? You can move left and rotate through other players ;) You have trialists, who become reserves once played. If you give a reserve enough games (varies between players) they sign a full contract. More often than not the player signs is worth 5k and is a bit poo. But occasionally you'll unearth a diamond who is worth more than any of your players :)

Yea, that was a cracking game - I'd just come off the back of a 5-0 reverse to same random too :(

When I dipped into the career tonight, it was a joy to see the 'reserves' - especially the 'Trial' players, forgot all about them! Used to love playing reserve games too - didnt notice them tonight, but as I say, was only a quick game and I am sure they are in - just on Dags' tip as well, you actually click on the single guys head to cycle through, but I'm sure thats what he meant!

Well chuffed its out though :D

Is it only me who is having problems with lag then?

I had one game (my first unfortunately) and it was pretty bad at times, the worst lag I've experienced on any game. But it seemed fine in the couple I played after that, I think the match against Paul was fine. I think lag is an issue though, the official forums have got a lot of people complaining.

Bitter, no AI issues for me, the game moves too quickly! :D It doesn't dally on the ball, it doesn't make the goalie turn the ball into the net, my players react as soon as I press a direction ... life is good :D

Yes it's been great this morning.

I can't believe I'm getting quitters on Sensi. :nono:

Good game Jay, the scoreline flattered me a bit though! For the first 5 mins only my goalie touched the ball :( Just seemed I kept catching you on the counter I suppose. I loved the first goal I scored with Fowler, used to score those loads but that's the first time I've done it on the new version :D

Yes it was a great game mate, I just kept hitting the post, that's my first defeat online. Well played.

The thing with FIFA is that it's all set up for online leagues, there's no work involved (when it doesn't bug up the bloody results that is, with matches not recorded for no apparent reason). With this, the community guy at Codemasters said "online leagues and cups, even DIY competitions", and was then corrected by someone high-up who said "there was a miscommunication, you can't play tournaments online". Which was very disappointing, I was really looking forward to an online FA Cup.

All we do is organise player matches and record the results using a league/cup tool :)

Which, at the end of the day, is what we're doing with FIFA anyway as FIFA's league doesn't seem to work right anyway. So no difference to doing a FIFA league :)

Back
Top Bottom