Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

Release date is Tuesday here... I already have a posse sorted in *country accent..yall wreck-en it will be between us versus them mudslingers. I do declare I just love mud puddles.I raaather daaaie(die) than see them yankees rule.Translation do you think online teams will be like fifa bap?

All the stuff that was so wrong about GTA4 is fixed in this, loads of things to do, loads of places to go, really enjoyable just roaming around, hunting and doing stuff that pops up such as rescue the damsel being attacked by coyotes or help the lawman with the escaping prisoners etc. etc. :) Just experienced my first thunder storm, incredible, everywhere goes dark, thunder and lightning, rain is pissing down and you see droplets on the screen, if you look up at the sky the screen gets covered in rain, it's so heavy the ground is being covered in pools of water :)

Last edited:
Sounds awesome. Have you had a saloon brawl yet, Placebo?

How does the gun aiming work? Is it standard console FPS controls in expert mode? I guess it's more like GTA4 in assisted. Glad an ArmA 2 vet is finding the shooting satisfying - it could easily have been something they might have bodged.

Sounds awesome. Have you had a saloon brawl yet, Placebo?

How does the gun aiming work? Is it standard console FPS controls in expert mode? I guess it's more like GTA4 in assisted. Glad an ArmA 2 vet is finding the shooting satisfying - it could easily have been something they might have bodged.

No brawls yet but a couple of duels, won the 2nd one by shooting his gun out of his hand, very cool :)

Shooting is a lot like GTA4 but a bit more refined, still have default pistol/rifle so they're not massively accurate/powerful but they're both very different and should be selected appropriately depending on your hunting/killing targets :)

I got caught cheating at Poker a few times, insta-duel time. :)

Played until 4am, did not notice the time flying by, so many things to do and see, so many distractions. Love It.

However, I'm waiting for my PS3 copy to arrive, and will have to start all over again.

3hrs 42mins in and I'm hoping for a bit of variety, seems to have dried up a bit now?

Just rescued some guy and he's in the doctors, I've been told to keep myself busy. I've done about three bounty missions now, been in the saloon and played poker, other bits and bobs, but can't proceed the story at all?

Dags,

look at your journal, and go to the main misions (GTA style with the letter on the map)

I've done quite a bit, do the hunting challenges, start skinning stuff etc

Also, Ive easily done the first treasure map. I think I know roughly where the 2nd is, but I'm running in circles. Anyone got any input?

Turned out I had to go to Bonnie, and more tutorial has started about skinning etc, even tho I worked that out ages ago :LOL:

Love the gunfights :)

Not yet I'm afraid mate. Got my first treasure map but haven't even bothered with it yet :LOL:

If I do the treasure tomorrow, I'll give you a shout tho :TU:

Cool touch- Riding at night, I see ahead of me a horse and cowboy coming.

The fella pulls over in the middle of nowhere, so I slow my horse and turn back to see what he was up to.

I then see him pissing up a rock.

Awesome

Itching to get back playing this again now, got to go out for the day and then got studying to do first though :(

Still haven't got my lasso so I guess I've barely scratched the surface.

Itching to get back playing this again now, got to go out for the day and then got studying to do first though :(

Still haven't got my lasso so I guess I've barely scratched the surface.

Do the missions for the woman, its about the 3rd or 4th I think

The last one I did was rounding up the cattle, so it should be the next one I guess.

I think the only mission choice I have at the moment is a West Dickens one though.

I take it that rounding up the cattle was the push you needed, Jay?

Where did you guys get this game from this early?? Me needs it I tell ya, me needs it!

I played this for 2 hours yesterday and only did 2 missions

I was just riding around killing animals :LOL: i got killed a few times after collecting loads of stuff which made me go back and try and get the skins ect again because you lose them if you die (and i lost something to do with a new outfit). I got killed by a pack of Boars and something that looked like a fucking Leopard i also got chased by a pack of Wolves and had to run like lightning :LOL:

By the way how do you cheat at poker?

Yeah the Cougar's are vicious fuckers!

By the way how do you cheat at poker?

You have to buy a special suit with a hidden pocket, I believe the first time you play poker it then unlocks the possibility to buy the suit and it's then mentioned in your outfits section, presumably along with where to buy it :)

Remember you can save at anytime simply by making camp in the middle of the wilderness so you should save regularly after you've had a pretty good hunting spree :)

Yeah the Cougar's are vicious fuckers!

You have to buy a special suit with a hidden pocket, I believe the first time you play poker it then unlocks the possibility to buy the suit and it's then mentioned in your outfits section, presumably along with where to buy it :)

Remember you can save at anytime simply by making camp in the middle of the wilderness so you should save regularly after you've had a pretty good hunting spree :)

Ah there Cougers are they, the fucker took my horse down then took me out :LOL:

I've played Poker do ill have to check out the unlocks section

Do you have a unlimited amount camp fire stuff? I didn't want to use it because it looked like i only had 1 also does it push your time 6 hours forward like if you do it by going to bed?

Camp fire is unlimited, yep. You can upgrade to an advanced one where it also tops up your ammo as well. Not sure about the 6hr advance though.

Back
Top Bottom