Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

fth44i.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE WAIT!!!!!!!

OPM give RDR a 10/10 score. If anyone could get their hands on the scans, it would be much appreciated... :)

Just read the preview on IGN...the game sounds awesome. Great line "Not every encounter involves violence. I stumbled onto a few campsites where I could rest my weary rump on a log and listen to a yarn over a campfire. Of course, if you're a jerk, you can just toss a stick of dynamite at the camp and watch everyone die." I think I will watch everyone die, sounds like a blast.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1089304p1.html

Just read the preview on IGN...the game sounds awesome. Great line "Not every encounter involves violence. I stumbled onto a few campsites where I could rest my weary rump on a log and listen to a yarn over a campfire. Of course, if you're a jerk, you can just toss a stick of dynamite at the camp and watch everyone die." I think I will watch everyone die, sounds like a blast.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1089304p1.html

Budum tish :D

Damn Webhallen are now showing that, I already pre-ordered from them and they didn't even bother to Email me to inform me! Tossers.

Edit: CD Wow is showing a mix of 18th and 21st, they seem confused........

And they've changed back to 21st. Apparently this is what Rockstar said:

Noticed the comments here speculating about the release date. Red Dead Redemption will be in stores next week in North America on May 18th and throughout Europe on May 21st. Also, just wanted to let our Scandinavian fans know that we are currently having some supply issues specifically with our local Scandinavian distributor, but we are working very hard to resolve this in time for the 21st. We will keep you posted.

So hopefully there will be no delay. Most stores have changed the release date back to 21st. Thank god. :)

I've watched the vids and read previews and I'm just not feeling the hype like everyone in here. I can't see how this will be as good as GTA, and the Wild West has been done well enough before by games like Call of Juarez.

In saying that, it's intriguing and it sounds like there's a lot to do and I'll definately grab it.

And they've changed back to 21st. Apparently this is what Rockstar said:

So hopefully there will be no delay. Most stores have changed the release date back to 21st. Thank god. :)

Aha yes Webhallen now showing 21st again for the LE, nice :)

I hope not, it's like spending millions sticking names on box covers, put it into the game... :D

Dunno. I don't like big names, but talent is sorely missing in 99% of games voiceovers and scripts. MGS4 in particular was offensively bad, which was a real shock given that so many hours of it is just endless dialogue.

Dunno. I don't like big names, but talent is sorely missing in 99% of games voiceovers and scripts. MGS4 in particular was offensively bad, which was a real shock given that so many hours of it is just endless dialogue.

That's true, you'd think they could get it right though if they don't have the time restraints hiring big names would put on the recording times...

Silly dog turd exclusive time...

20100513140721.jpg

I hate this kind of thing. Just let us all access the damn content.

-

Edit
Seems the 360 gets a Deadly assassin outfit code in the box (at least in the USA)
2cshve0.jpg

2myvqd1.jpg

514i2h.jpg

Last edited:
Graphics are superb, I'm shocked how much they cranked out of the old girl, the western world looks spectacular, grass, brush, cactii, rocks, mountains, trees everywhere, hunting rabbits is tough cos there's so much grass and brush on the ground! Shooting people is beyond rewarding, I'm playing on "expert" shooting mode so there is zero aim assist, where I aim is exactly where the bullet goes with no AI help, which is how I like it (earns you more fame as well), putting a well aimed bullet from your pistol into someone's face at 75m is immense ;) It's really easy to be bad in this which is great because in other games it's too easy to be good, I'm not doing much of the main story as I'm waiting for my special edition version on Friday (they moved the date back to the regular EU date now) :)

Back
Top Bottom