(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
Hi guys,

Hope you enjoy - season one has now ended.

Please note, Spotify links take a while to become active, and if you don't have Spotify...
There is a web player on each episode's webpage - JUST SCROLL DOWN!

Finally - thanks to @PRO_TOO for the cover art!

----------------------------------------
SEASON ONE
Recorded pre-demo (PES 2020)

Episode One - starring @rockstrongo

Episode Two - starring @B-Man

Episode Three - starring @janguv

Episode Four - starring @Matt10

Episode Five - starring @checkmate10 (Charles Adams)

Episode Six - starring @PRO_TOO

Episode Seven - starring @MafiaMurderBag

Episode Eight - starring @jaygrim

Episode Nine - starring @Flipper the Priest

----------------------------------------
BONUS PODCASTS

Footy-United Podcast: Episode 35 (feat. Chris Davies)

Last edited:
Brilliant, lads. After spending all weekend on removing skirting boards in the house, Im in absolute bits, but straight after it was finished, I volunteered to go for a shopping run just to be able to listen to this.
Enjoyed every second of it. Finally a podcast where Im just listening to all the problems that impact me as well. There was not a single minute, where it was dragging, or I felt that id like to skip a bit.
Also - its great to hear people from Evo-Web.
Chris - you make a great host.
Ricky - you did very well. No sign of stress at all!
Gowan Evo-Web!

i listened too and enjoyed GREAT too hear voices of members messages you reading before , i wondered, non of you mentioned the ugly ugly goalkeeeper animations that11m dive in 2019- 2020PES (SupermanS nervous smoke in a corner when they see the Goalkeepers in PES):LOL:

Brilliant, lads. After spending all weekend on removing skirting boards in the house, Im in absolute bits, but straight after it was finished, I volunteered to go for a shopping run just to be able to listen to this.
Enjoyed every second of it. Finally a podcast where Im just listening to all the problems that impact me as well. There was not a single minute, where it was dragging, or I felt that id like to skip a bit.
Also - its great to hear people from Evo-Web.
Chris - you make a great host.
Ricky - you did very well. No sign of stress at all!
Gowan Evo-Web!
Cheers pal.
Was a pleasure talking to @Chris Davies ,a very good host,relaxed and makes people feel comfy,we talked for almost 2,5 hours.

Niceee!
Perfect timing for a depressing Sunday afternoon plan over here! :D

Rocko, you got a rough voice dude. Are you a Radio Announcer or what man!? :CALM: I almost had to tone down the sub-woofer of my sound bar because the place was getting shaky... glasses were trembling... and my girlfriend was asking too many questions.:LMAO:

Listening...

Niceee!
Perfect timing for a depressing Sunday afternoon plan over here! :D

Rocko, you got a rough voice dude. Are you a Radio Announcer or what man!? :CALM: I almost had to tone down the sub-woofer of my sound bar because the place was getting shaky... glasses were trembling... and my girlfriend was asking too many questions.:LMAO:

Listening...
Ha ha,good one:)
Yeah guess all the years being in various punkrock bands finally pays off.
Don't know how many times my gf has stumbled up at 02:00 in the morning when I'm playing online and "thinking" I'm talking "quietly"

are you releasing an episode a week?
If I do that, they'll be coming out after the game has been released, which is no good (because PES 2020 news and predictions are discussed in all of them). So depending on my work schedule it might be two a week, hopefully more.

I'll tag you when yours is ready, I know that's all you're after. :D

Chris...
After all podcasts have been uploaded, do you think you could send the link to Adam (so he can listen to them and see they were done very respectfully and politely) and maybe have him on board for a final one, sort of a closure?.
Like... talk about conclusions, future updates for PES 2020 and then... the future beyond PES 2020?.

I know you can. If you set your mind to it, you can do this Chris :D

Thanks so much for all the feedback, guys. Positive or negative I appreciate all of it, though saying that I'm glad (relieved) so many have said they've enjoyed it so far!

Episode #2 will be up soon - hopefully within 48 hours, but it depends on work commitments.

Wow that is some factory work. It was just a few weeks since you threw out the idea.
Big thanks to all the guests who took the time out of their day to speak to me. Scheduling made it tricky (especially with guys on the other side of the word) but thanks to their commitment we made it work.

(There are still a few guys I really want to speak to but our schedules just wouldn't align - there is still time, please keep in touch!)

Chris...
After all podcasts have been uploaded, do you think you could send the link to Adam [...] and maybe have him on board for a final one, sort of a closure?
Adam? Speaking to Evo-Web? With our reputation? Keep dreaming. :D

When he's a bit less busy (don't forget, PES 2020 launches in a month's time) I'll see if he'd do us the honour but I wouldn't hold your breath!

Very nice indeed! I haven't finished listening to it yet but from what I heard I must agree with almost everything @rockstrongo said (as usual, I must add)...
I even re-installed PES3! :LOL:

Just a thing: is there a way to download it and to listen to it offline?
I'd love to listen to it while commuting from/to work (should I say 'commuting' even if it's indeed a 15 minutes drive? :BRMM:Yeah I'm lucky) and using the cellphone while driving doesn't seem that wise to me.

Another thing is that... Well, I thought I could understand English pretty well, but I admit that sometimes I had to rewind the podcast a little and have a second chance to listen to a particular sentence because I find I didn't understand it at all. I've always considered myself good at conversating in English, but I've probably overestimated my skills... :EMB:

Anyway, keep it up!:ROCK:

Adam? Speaking to Evo-Web? With our reputation? Keep dreaming. :D
I think its a great idea and worth a shot. To send him a link with all of them and ask him would he like to participate.
It would show that we are not in a huff and we are not cutting ourselves off from Konami and all the rest of the community. If anything - Its us, who are being cut off.
Reaching out to him like this would show a lot of professionalism and mature approach.
Plus - he wouldnt feel ambushed, as it would just be you and him.
And if he doesnt want to - thats ok too.

And if he doesnt want to - thats ok too.
To you, maybe - others may not be so understanding. I'm not sure I'd do it, in his shoes (I'd feel like I couldn't win either way). But I will ask him, post-release, when he might have the time to fit me in.

Very nice indeed! I haven't finished listening to it yet but from what I heard I must agree with almost everything @rockstrongo said (as usual, I must add)...
I even re-installed PES3! :LOL:

Just a thing: is there a way to download it and to listen to it offline?
I'd love to listen to it while commuting from/to work (should I say 'commuting' even if it's indeed a 15 minutes drive? :BRMM:Yeah I'm lucky) and using the cellphone while driving doesn't seem that wise to me.

Another thing is that... Well, I thought I could understand English pretty well, but I admit that sometimes I had to rewind the podcast a little and have a second chance to listen to a particular sentence because I find I didn't understand it at all. I've always considered myself good at conversating in English, but I've probably overestimated my skills... :EMB:

Anyway, keep it up!:ROCK:
Thank you aLe,it was a pleasure talking to Chris,he has a very tough job in this podcast, probably harder than most people think,but he gets the job done,by relaxing guest's,and by being silent when having to etc.
Really good job on his part.
I've heard myself being interviewed before,and it's dreadful hearing yourself:)
I'm looking fw to hearing all the other guys in here.
Thanks again my friend!

Just finished it, its just an hour, recently im listening to JRE podcasts during work and so i just got used to the 3 hour length i guess. But great stuff... and kinda depressing topic PES is nowdays for oldschool fans :D I wonder how the other podcasts turn out.

To you, maybe - others may not be so understanding. I'm not sure I'd do it, in his shoes (I'd feel like I couldn't win either way). But I will ask him, post-release, when he might have the time to fit me in.
I dont see it as an opportunity for win and lose "battle".
To me its more of a gesture, reaching out to someone, who think everyone here see him as an "enemy".
Its quite possible he will refuse. Its quite possible id refuse too.
But I dont think people would hold a grudge if he refused, as I dont think people here see any chances that he will accept the invitation anyway.
He might surprise everyone tho.

It was a win just for the PES2 music at the beginning.

This needs sliding in somewhere too:

Back
Top Bottom