(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

You guys...
Funny thing is that an avatar is what we've got,and text of course for every member,so I'm clearly looking fw to your interview, especially when yelling at Arthur in the basement:)
I really think this podcast is a great way to tie it all together and make this community even tighter.

Sorry for OT guys
yep. that will surely happen, imo!
i like to get to know the members a little better. hearing your voice and that interview style discussion especially really did the job!
i totally forgot to drop a king of queens line!! at least i cant remember doing it on purpose!
...but hey, i'm just an average parcel delivery guy! ;)

yep. that will surely happen, imo!
i like to get to know the members a little better. hearing your voice and that interview style discussion especially really did the job!
i totally forgot to drop a king of queens line!! at least i cant remember doing it on purpose!
...but hey, i'm just an average parcel delivery guy! ;)
Ha ha (shorts on?)
Yes I a great way to improve our community,always been a good forum for both Pes and FIFA,had its ups and downs,remember it being quite rough around Pes 16-17.
But all in all,great community,and very diverse (gaming wise) I'm about to start playing in a Youth League (Pes 6) this weekend,team sheet handed in etc.
Can't really get that gaming diversity on other forums

I really think this podcast is a great way to tie it all together and make this community even tighter.
This is what I'm hoping for.

It'd be great for people at Konami to listen to us - but the reality is they're not going to, we're not YouTubers or influencers or even just big spenders in myClub. It'd be nice, but it won't happen.

The main reason to do this thing is so that we can all listen to each other, realise we're more than just words on a screen and maybe even teach each other a few things about areas of the game (or its development) where we may have had the wrong idea about it previously (i.e. it turns out some people are happy with dribbling, it's just me that can't do it)!

This is what I'm hoping for.

It'd be great for people at Konami to listen to us - but the reality is they're not going to, we're not YouTubers or influencers or even just big spenders in myClub. It'd be nice, but it won't happen.

The main reason to do this thing is so that we can all listen to each other, realise we're more than just words on a screen and maybe even teach each other a few things about areas of the game (or its development) where we may have had the wrong idea about it previously (i.e. it turns out some people are happy with dribbling, it's just me that can't do it)!
Yes,it's a great idea, strengthening our community and ties to each other.
Who knows,if the slam down loot boxes world wide,they might need to find other ways to improve their ways on collecting feedback ?
Right now it's the screaming YT guys making their voices heard.
Nevertheless,it's a great way to get the community together, especially since it's very broad when it comes to playing both Pes and Fifa.
Ps dribbling is mint mate (you'll probably see that in a Maradonna cut scene very soon)

Maybe its a good idea to add a small introduction in the future. So the interviewed person could say few things about themselves? Just a thought.

Maybe its a good idea to add a small introduction in the future. So the interviewed person could say few things about themselves? Just a thought.
If you're from Evo-Web you'll know them - if you're not, you won't be listening to the podcast... :D But I take your point. It's why I always ask about their PES history, so we get an idea of where they came from.

Hi guys,

Hope you enjoy - I'll update the thread as more become available. Please feel free to create a conversation about each episode below!

Please note, Spotify links take a while to become active, and if you don't have Spotify...
There is a web player on each episode's webpage - JUST SCROLL DOWN!

Also, it takes a lot longer to edit each podcast than I'd realised so it's going to take a while before the lot are uploaded...

The platform we're using (Anchor.fm) allows you to send in your voice message responses, which could be featured in a future episode - just use the "send voice message" button on the links below.

Finally - thanks to @PRO_TOO for the cover art! :D

----------------------------------------
SEASON ONE
Recorded pre-demo (PES 2020)

Episode One is available now!
Starring @rockstrongo
Forgive the "shushiness" on my mic, hopefully it won't be an issue on future episodes...

Nicely done! Congratulations!

Love the cover art!

Speaking of YouTube, @Chris Davies would you consider putting these interviews there as well?
They're available on a fair few different podcasts formats now (all listed on the Anchor.fm link) and there's no video content - and if you try to leave it playing on your phone through YouTube it just shuts off when you turn your phone screen off, so I'm not sure there'd be much point!

They're available on a fair few different podcasts formats now (all listed on the Anchor.fm link) and there's no video content - and if you try to leave it playing on your phone through YouTube it just shuts off when you turn your phone screen off, so I'm not sure there'd be much point!
Oh, just more exposure since YouTube is the biggest digital media outlet. I'd put it on my TV and let it play :D

That's what I do with other YouTube videos I like listening to.

Great podcast Chris, only listened to the first one, but loved it from A to Z. Very good start with Rockstrongo, i loved the way he told us how he started to play PES. Nice guy!

The podcasts are now available across all major podcast networks, including Spotify, Google Podcasts, Apple Music and more.

Some of these services even allow you to download them to your device (someone requested that either earlier in the thread or through social media)!

The list is available through the Anchor.fm Evo-Web homepage - just look for the big Spotify button, and underneath that you should see "More Places To Listen".

Don't forget to leave a voice message if you want to appear in a future episode!

I have 15mins left from second episode.
Spotify is so handy, I can pause, switch it off and come back later to the exact same spot.
Really glad that option is there.
@B-Man hit few nails in the head there. Especially with Inspire and how it will work. What takes priority. As it is, we have attacking tactics, defensive tactics, advanced tactics, player roles...
As it is - I have no fucking clue what takes priority, when Im setting my team up, so inspire might confuse things even more.
Had to giggle, coz half way through I thought to myself
"jesus, when i finally manage to hook up with Chris, everything will be already said by others..." :LOL:
- so, marty, what your thought on A?
- what ricky said
- how about B?
- what b-man said..
- C..?
- what you said...
:LOL:

"jesus, when i finally manage to hook up with Chris, everything will be already said by others..." :LOL:
Well now everybody knows the questions I can't ask the same ones - too easy to script your answers and it all comes out a bit wooden and not as "real". So you won't get the same ones. :D

Well now everybody knows the questions I can't ask the same ones - too easy to script your answers and it all comes out a bit wooden and not as "real". So you won't get the same ones. :D
- Whats your favourite colour?
- ball physics, on-the-ball feeling... wait... what...?
- favourite colour.
- I wasnt ready for this! Pass!

Exactly what I was thinking while listening to it yesterday halfway through.

I have 15mins left from second episode.
Spotify is so handy, I can pause, switch it off and come back later to the exact same spot.
Really glad that option is there.
@B-Man hit few nails in the head there. Especially with Inspire and how it will work. What takes priority. As it is, we have attacking tactics, defensive tactics, advanced tactics, player roles...
As it is - I have no fucking clue what takes priority, when Im setting my team up, so inspire might confuse things even more.
- so, marty, what your thought on A?
- what ricky said
- how about B?
- what b-man said..
- C..?
- what you said...

It's ok. We all have our own unique takes on things. That alone is interesting.

THe hamburger analogy is a bad one. Here in Belgium there are franchises with quality hamburgers and they are very succesfull.
That was also the succes of PES in PS2 era.

Kudos to everyone involved until now, @Chris Davies , @rockstrongo , @B-Man , you've all done a great job keeping these episodes interesting and entertaining throughout. This really turned out to be an awesome addition to the site, can't wait to see what the future holds on this.

Agreed this helps identifying with other people and its nice to hear.

Would you be adverse to a youtube channel being created for the site? we could have periodic live debates with multiple hosts & guests, singuarly or confrence. also other videos of interest to the community could be uploaded via the channel.

Also we could have a live chat where subscribers could put their points across (although we would need mods for this bit to stop trolling & dodgy links!

I strongly suspect you already know of this Tom, but i am just putting my points across. It is also a good way in which members would be able to take an active interest in the site/channel. Plus the added bonus is the site could receive some revenue from it. I am willing to offer my services on this. But more people would be needed. :))

Would you be adverse to a youtube channel being created for the site? we could have periodic live debates with multiple hosts & guests, singuarly or confrence. also other videos of interest to the community could be uploaded via the channel.
It's a nice thought but I think this is definitely running before we can walk. We're not at the end of one series of podcasts yet and there's talk of YouTube and vid-casts etc... Looking at the listener numbers, there's not as much appetite as we'd like to think (although it's early days and regardless, I'm happy to be contributing something to the community).

There's also the fact that - as I've said over here - the mods here use a lot of free time as it is, I'm spending my free time editing the podcasts at the minute. Maybe when the new game is released, if there's a hunger for streams etc. we could try it, but why would you watch videos of the game when you can just... play the game.

My prediction is - there's interest now because it's pre-release time, everyone's favourite time of year. The game will be released, hype will fall through the floor, and interest in content will too. Just my gut feeling (and that's not to mention the fact that, when you're analysing one game - or even one series - you start to repeat everything within a few weeks, it's why the Footy United guys packed in).

Great podcasts, boys! I had a blast listening to both rockstrongo and the B-Man guy, it just feels bad for Chris, cuz he had to endure this B-Man dude for an hour.

As you have said in the podcast, the focus of PES is esports and nobody wants to watch a midfield battle, people want goals and instant "content". I guess, we are far from the targeted audience. I feel old...

While we are at it, let’s have a merchandise section! Let’s do group travels! Have a annual meeting! What about bumper sticker? Can we get commercial time on tv please? Can we have a twitch account as well?
;)

Edit: I just noticed...
what Chris said!!!

Back
Top Bottom