(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

Great set of questions @Chris Davies and lovely explanations by @rockstrongo . Really enjoyed the listen guys. My favorite part: "

Chris: Number 10...Master League Interactive Dialogue System...

Rocko: Yeah, we both played FIFA, Chris, so I'll leave it at that...

All: LOL!

Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to hearing more!

Great set of questions @Chris Davies and lovely explanations by @rockstrongo . Really enjoyed the listen guys. My favorite part: "

Chris: Number 10...Master League Interactive Dialogue System...

Rocko: Yeah, we both played FIFA, Chris, so I'll leave it at that...

All: LOL!

Brilliant stuff. Looking forward to hearing more!
Cheers Matt.
Yeah we kinda knew that we'd be on the same page when it came to the cutscenes.
If and when you're on,looking fw to it pal

True PES fans only get nostalgic about one song, aka the GOAT
For a monet I thought you were posting "Go to the goal". I used to love it back in the day.
Looking back at the good old years now (but even to the more recent releases) I must admit that PES has featured some great songs in its history, and so has FIFA obviously.

For a monet I thought you were posting "Go to the goal". I used to love it back in the day.
Looking back at the good old years now (but even to the more recent releases) I must admit that PES has featured some great songs in its history, and so has FIFA obviously.

That was sarcasm if you didn't catch it lol. "Football Soccer!" might be the lamest song I've ever heard in a PES game. Me and friends were so confused and humoured that a song like that was actually included in a product.

"Go to goal" is a legit great song though. I think that's the first song from PES I chose to go download. Thanks for reminding of it! Haven't heard it in yonks.

Adam? Speaking to Evo-Web? With our reputation? Keep dreaming. :D

When he's a bit less busy (don't forget, PES 2020 launches in a month's time) I'll see if he'd do us the honour but I wouldn't hold your breath!

The Evo-Web Podcast with your host Mr. Chris Davies is the best way to clean up our (poorly portrayed) image.
It's the perfect chance to show that all we do is talk (maybe too much) about the game itself. About what we used to like back then. What we like now. And what we don't.

If there's one person Adam and the rest respect from Evo-Web, that's you Chris.
Let's not fool ourselves, you think they never spoke about this site when eating lunch together or smoking Shisha or while having a beer?. Not all the time. But occasionally. I'm sure they have discussed many of our posts on a number of opportunities. And maybe, if they were finally able to put a voice to our complains or comments about different areas of the game, they'd finally see that we mean it in the best possible way. Nobody here wants PES to die. We want it to succeed and be the best representation of football it can be.

Last edited:
Let's not fool ourselves, you think they never spoke about this site when eating lunch together or smoking Shisha or while having a beer?. Not all the time. But occasionally. I'm sure they have discussed many of our posts on a number of opportunities. And maybe, if they were finally able to put a voice to our complains or comments about different areas of the game, they'd finally see that we mean it in the best possible way.
Heh. Did exactly that years ago at a couple shisha places with Adam. Met with and accompanied him a couple days. I always put evoweb in good light and tried my best to convince him we're a good passionate bunch. How I like you guys and find you all funny in a good way. He didn't like this place at all, no matter what I said. He took a lot of what we said to heart, and negatively. I tried my best to tell him not to take it that way, that we all cared about the game in our own ways, and not be too sensitive. It just felt like no matter what I said, it fell on deaf ears. Like he had so much bad history he didn't care anymore. But the good thing was he at least trusted me back then. Had some faith in me, somehow, to represent this asylum. But things didn't progress much since, and I lost all hope, especially when he kept repeating the same responses along the lines of, "it's only your opinion". Always felt shunned whenever I carried the opinions of this board and presented them to him. Even when I did the poll. Always got the same responses like we're nothing compared to the masses, so we don't matter. So I lost all energy, hope, said f it and moved on since.

All power to @Chris Davies , @Matt10 and whoever else sharing our thoughts and opinions still willing to fight that fight and trying. Power to you.

Met with Masuda and his translator for dinner and shisha. I still have their business cards.

I still to this very day can't believe that I actually reached that high. I reached the peak. Some random dude on the forums posting about PES, who's one of his boyhood dreams since the 90s was to meet the guys or guys who make Winning Eleven, or ISS. I actually say with the main guy, Masuda. Can't get any higher than that. I could've weaseled my way in, played suck up just to get in and be one of the guys, but I didn't, and couldn't. I didn't do all that for that purpose. I had a goal and that's all I wanted to do. I wanted PES to be great and pass on the opinions of all of you here and other similar forums like PES gaming (pesinsight) and pesfan.

I remember wanting to mail them once. In the 90's. Actual envelope and everything, but didn't know how to reach them. Years later i had internet and found their email, which of course belongs to the Japanese HQ, and my massive email was of course all in English, all talking about ML and giving them ideas how to improve and fix it. Of course I knew no one would read it and none would care, because who am I really? Some random late teen somewhere in this world. A drop in the ocean. A nobody to them. But I tried, because why not. I cared too much. The game was too good. Wanted it to be even better. I was willing to pour all my energy for free, just to make sure the game stays on top. It was THAT good for me back then. Too passionate.

Well whatever. If you read this far, thanks for your patience. And sorry if this sounds a bit dramatic.

I remember wanting to mail them once. In the 90's. Actual envelope and everything, but didn't know how to reach them.
Ha, I did that for a few years in a row in the early PS2 days. I even had some bits translated by a guy at college. Telling them I loved the game, begging them to continue to focus on realism, to add lower leagues for a guy like me, to look at the depth in the career modes of other games (including Championship Manager at the time).

I never got a response, and I understood why (why would they care what a teenager thought, as you just said). But it was so frustrating.

Here we are in the age of social media where everybody has a voice - yet, there's no point because there's still nobody listening. They weren't then, they aren't now.

(I know the likes of Gerd used to say "they listen too much if anything" but I don't buy that. They're tailoring the game to be addictive and to appeal to the microtransaction crowd, they have a plan and they're not going to deviate from that because - as I've said many times - they're running a business, not creating art, like we think they are.)

they're running a business
It's exactly that. The business back then was to do what they did. Now the model to make money changed. And as Pachinko machines makers/sellers, microtransactions couldn't be any more perfect for them. Which of course is the opposite for us, because their focus has switched to Pachinko-style PES now. The rest is an afterthought.

Here we are in the age of social media where everybody has a voice
That's the problem in my opinion. When everybody has a voice, nobody really has.
You could only try and define trends: X people think it's a little too arcadey and would love it deeper and more realistic, Y people think it's too difficult and needs to be more assisted, N people think that as long as they can pack Ronaldo and make him play in a Real Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/Juve shirt it's perfect...
And, of course, X is way smaller than either Y or N (this doesn't mean that we won't be heard, but that we can't be listened to, for business reasons). :(

BTW @Lami Are you not going to be on the Podcast?
I know your time difference probably sucks and would make it all that harder but still...

Finally caught up with both this & The PES Universe podcast. It's great that we've waited many years for some insightful discussion on the franchise in audio format and we get 2 come along at once, both with different angles too.

@rockstrongo Your English was immaculate mate, A very concise first guest and @Chris Davies, well? What can i say that hasn't already... An amazing host and a natural for this kind of gig. superb.

Now when's the next episode dropping?

Finally caught up with both this & The PES Universe podcast. It's great that we've waited many years for some insightful discussion on the franchise in audio format and we get 2 come along at once, both with different angles too.

@rockstrongo Your English was immaculate mate, A very concise first guest and @Chris Davies, well? What can i say that hasn't already... An amazing host and a natural for this kind of gig. superb.

Now when's the next episode dropping?
I dont think we're allowed to speak with @Chris Davies anymore,think he's heading for MOTD.

Jokes aside,thanks pal,and Chris is really a great host,if konami would reach out for talks,he will represent us immaculate!

Fantastic work, boys! Do you have podcasting experience outside of this, Chris? If not, it's much better than a lot of amateur podcasts (in terms of your hosting abilities and production). Rock was a great first guest to have as well.

Seven, so far - hoping to get to ten...

I would have volunteered, but I've been away in France for the past month (finally got around to logging in) and won't be back until August. Will you still be doing interviews by then? Assuming you need numbers. Interviewed any Yanks?

Fantastic work, boys! Do you have podcasting experience outside of this, Chris? If not, it's much better than a lot of amateur podcasts (in terms of your hosting abilities and production).
That's incredibly kind, thank you. No, I've not done a podcast before. I just listen to too many. :D

Interviewed any Yanks?
I'm interviewing a third tonight, actually! It's a good international mix so far, despite time difference awkwardness. Would love to have you on for what may turn into season two (post demo/game release maybe)!

:D
he put that bar so high... we can only do the limbo dance after him. :LOL:

Teach us, @rockstrongo !!
You guys...
Funny thing is that an avatar is what we've got,and text of course for every member,so I'm clearly looking fw to your interview, especially when yelling at Arthur in the basement:)
I really think this podcast is a great way to tie it all together and make this community even tighter.

You guys...
Funny thing is that an avatar is what we've got,and text of course for every member,so I'm clearly looking fw to your interview, especially when yelling at Arthur in the basement:)
I really think this podcast is a great way to tie it all together and make this community even tighter.

Sorry for OT guys

You know we mean well.
We probably just envy you, that's all :D

Back
Top Bottom