PES 2020 Tactics Discussion & Real Teams Thread

These look great.
Interesting that you've put a fair few to defend "wide". I'm never sure I fully understand wide and centre.
However I've noticed less resistance in middle of park with wide.
Would love to know your thinking/findings on this...
Cheers

@klashman69 Wow, what a difference these make! I've had very little time, but the difference is immediately noticeable. Much more organic flow to the match, making use of the impressive AI in this years game. Looking at the PDF I thought the changes were quite small but they really have an impact. Great work, highly recommend everyone gives them a go.

First thing I needed to do after applying the tactics was to put the speed at -1. Damn, Chelsea's offensive approach is quite fast :D
One thing I do need to fix is the position of the left and right backs. When defending they are too far behind.

Here's a set-up I really like.

Just to quickly explain the thinking:
I've always found it difficult to get the AI to make angled runs. 'Wing Rotation' and 'False Wingers' are great tactics to use in order to create movement, but 'Wing Rotation' always forces your CF out wide, and 'False Wingers' forces you to play with 3 up front.

But what if you want to play 1 up front? Or you don't want your CF running out towards the wing all the time? Well, this might help:

What this does is 'Wing Rotation' forces the AMF to make runs out wide to create space and the CMF will fill the gaps created by these runs, but by using Anchoring on the CF it keeps him in the center (you can, of course, use two CMFs if you prefer).

The two defensive tactics are entirely optional. I use them as-and-when I need them - if I'm under pressure, turn on Deep Defensive Line, if I'm dominating, I turn on Counter Target for the CF. If you prefer to use Gengenpress or something, go right ahead!

The important thing for this to work is your AMF needs a lot of stamina and two good feet (unless you don't mind subbing him off all the time). Someone like Christian Eriksen is great for this with his 92 stamina and 4* weak foot, but you may prefer someone who is a little bit quicker. It's also useful to have a CMF with good shot power and stamina, as he too makes a lot of runs and I find he ends up with a lot of chances (someone like Pogba).

Going to try this but rather than having my CF as a counter target i will counter target the AMF this will preserve his stamina for the full 90.

The free kicks imo are fine, they are too easy, but the mechanism is perfect, there nothing wrong with the setup.

We need better wind resistance next year. That will add proper difficulty to free kicks :) The problem is once you catch it right its too predictable, wind resistance will add proper variables.

I think the freekicks needs something like the target circle for penalties. Not visible of course, but essentially freekicks needs to become far less accurate as the power increases (with it remaining more accurate for the better kickers). At the moment, is seems like you can always score within a certain range with any player with over 60/65 in set pieces.

why would you place one of the fullback as a midfielder when in possession?
you enabled attacking fullback as advanced tactic already so I suppose fullback would overlap and no need to place as midfielder

what annoyed me is that I saw Manchester city would substitute b.silva to replace walker at some point of the game simply because you set walker as rmf when in possession
I think the game just read the position in possession thats why it replaced walker with b.silva who can also play rmf

These look great.
Interesting that you've put a fair few to defend "wide". I'm never sure I fully understand wide and centre.
However I've noticed less resistance in middle of park with wide.
Would love to know your thinking/findings on this...
Cheers

Its really important, its how a team marks the opposition off the ball and sets the objective to how you want to defend.

For wide, its about your team intercepting passes out wide, this works with competitiveness with spreading your teams shape wide if you have a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3

For center its the opposite essentially, works best with two striker 4 at the back systems.

why would you place one of the fullback as a midfielder when in possession?

I used to do this a lot, its to represent how aggressive the full back is going forward. Kyle Walker is a machine, hes literally an express train and motors up and down the flank very aggressively. I did the same with Liverpool and Robertson. You can change it back so he's not a RM if you want. I know about the issue where the AI subs on a midfielder for him, happened for years, thing is fullbacks seem to get tired regardless if you set 'Attacking Fullbacks" on and at times the CPU sticks an adaptable midfielder there or CB even if you leave them as full backs.

Its really important, its how a team marks the opposition off the ball and sets the objective to how you want to defend.

For wide, its about your team intercepting passes out wide, this works with competitiveness with spreading your teams shape wide if you have a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3

For center its the opposite essentially, works best with two striker 4 at the back systems.

I see. So if you have the cpu with 433 and set the defensive focus to centre, do the midfield three not cover the width of the pitch very well?

So 442 better with centre and 3 man midfield better with wide?

Thanks Klashman! Great tactics!
We need a genuine who can do some scripts to "inject" these into any edit file! Doing them manualy is tedious!

I used to do this a lot, its to represent how aggressive the full back is going forward. Kyle Walker is a machine, hes literally an express train and motors up and down the flank very aggressively. I did the same with Liverpool and Robertson. You can change it back so he's not a RM if you want. I know about the issue where the AI subs on a midfielder for him, happened for years, thing is fullbacks seem to get tired regardless if you set 'Attacking Fullbacks" on and at times the CPU sticks an adaptable midfielder there or CB even if you leave them as full backs.
Would you suggest using the Anchor trait on that RB as a RM to keep him from coming inside?

I see. So if you have the cpu with 433 and set the defensive focus to centre, do the midfield three not cover the width of the pitch very well?

So 442 better with centre and 3 man midfield better with wide?

Yeah, well depends on the player roles though and the structure of the 4-3-3, 4-4-2 etc...

Thanks Klashman! Great tactics!
We need a genuine who can do some scripts to "inject" these into any edit file! Doing them manualy is tedious!

We managed to do it for PES 2017, i need to resurrect the thread.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-tactics-option-file-editor-project.77154/#post-3194815

@zlac made it.

Last edited:
Of course you do these Klash AFTER I start my Master League! :P
I wish we could add them after a ML and they take affect. Still solid job as always Klash! :BEER:

Welcome back and thank you. This is absolutely crucial for me. As a semi-professional scout tactics and formations are all I see these days lol. The difference in playing with your tactics set-up is night and day, I must have spent hours applying them manually after every update last year.

Something I noticed this year is that the false 9 advanced tactic seems more visible this year. I played against Liverpool with your tactics and false nine added (counter target for Salah as well) and I loved seeing Firmino drop deep and making play. I also tried the false nine tactic for some default times I tinkered with and it looks more relevant in-game than last year.

Do these tactic changes get overwritten with data pack updates? [especially asking for XB1]

I assumed the answer is yes hence my frustration with not having enough save slots; but I'd like to know for sure. THanks

Welcome back and thank you. This is absolutely crucial for me. As a semi-professional scout tactics and formations are all I see these days lol. The difference in playing with your tactics set-up is night and day, I must have spent hours applying them manually after every update last year.

Something I noticed this year is that the false 9 advanced tactic seems more visible this year. I played against Liverpool with your tactics and false nine added (counter target for Salah as well) and I loved seeing Firmino drop deep and making play. I also tried the false nine tactic for some default times I tinkered with and it looks more relevant in-game than last year.

Thanks for the kind words man. I would love to do some coaching in the future, it incredible how few people really understand tactics I've found.

I edited a few teams and saved but when going to a match the tactics and formations are back to default. Any ideas?

Turn 'Live Update off in exhibition mode.

Hi @klashman69 .

Gr8 tactics.I would like ask u about advance settings in attack and defence.
Which settings would be good for Man City? False 9 or Counter target in attack . Depp lying dL or gegenpress in defence?
Maybe u have different idea ?
Playing Man City ( using ur tactics) offline against mates (Atletico Madrid) midfielders leave to much space in the center of the pitch,and diagonal passes come through defenders like knife in the butter :( but playing against cpu in ML ur tactics destroy all teams I am playing against:).
Will u upload tactics for La Liga soon ?
What would be ur choice from Premier league (what team would u recommend) playing offline ?
ANd one more question.
How u defend against deffenders in their box? Every time i got pass from midfielders standing in the box (Aguero for example) defender is runing instantly on me and take the ball. Is there some kind off shielding to protect the ball? I just can not runaway from defenders:((.

Once again I appreciate ur hard work and commitment .
Thanks a lot .:EASY::BYE:

English & Welsh Premier League:
DOWNLOAD

Serie A

La Liga:

Bundesliga:

Best of Europe:

DONATE

I have put a link for donations, please only give what you fell its worth. As a freelancer I have products to sell for various prices small and large which i make a living on, along with various other forms of work. This work I do out of pure love. Money isn't my motivation with tactics. Its just making the best experiences possible with football games and just enjoyment.

We have to change everything manually referring the pdf right? And when will the tactics of other league come...........appreciate your hard work bro

Back
Top Bottom