PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have an option...... don't complain later! :D
I'll not complain indeed for the removal of Serie B and La Liga 1|2|3, I promise.

All in all I feel like I felt when they announced that PES 2015 on PC wouldn't be on par with the PS4 game. I feel we've been done an injustice, but I also feel we may still like the game. I said one thing back then, and it's what I'm saying also now: "I still want to play it and judge for myself, maybe I'll like it anyway".

And guess what? This is exactly what happened with PES 2015. I tried it, I liked it, I've been pretty happy with it overall.
Hopefully PES 2019 will have the same effect on me.

Then, I would've never ever paid full price for the game. I just pre-ordered it because, well, 30€ is what I was willing to pay for it (and I thought I could buy it by Christmas). When I saw I could buy it for 30€ now, I thought there was no point in waiting until Christmas.
Hopefully no-one pays full price for it, that's for sure something I'm hoping.

"Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Our developers focused on adding as many leagues as possible, and therefore, we have given up the 2 D2 leagues without licenses in order to add other leagues with license. We thank you again for your understanding."
So, if this is what they had to say... I have a question for them. WHY IS CHAMPIONSHIP STILL IN, IF YOU SAY YOU REMOVED THE UNLICENSED D2 LEAGUES?
Is it licensed? If not, this response doesn't make sense. Not even a bit.

In addition to that... They lost Atlético Madrid, Valencia CF, Fulham... What else?
Well Fulham got promoted and the other two was down to EA and their money so there's not much they could do... :/
Im not fussed about teams licenses, just the stadiums.

A translated tweet from the officialpes Twitter when asked about the second division leagues.

"Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Our developers focused on adding as many leagues as possible, and therefore, we have given up the 2 D2 leagues without licenses in order to add other leagues with license. We thank you again for your understanding."

Why do we need to lose something just to add leagues. It's mind blowing.

Makes it sound like it is a database issue then, I guess that is something that won't change until the next generation of the game.

Makes it sound like it is a database issue then, I guess that is something that won't change until the next generation of the game.
It's f*ck!ng NOT! They're fooling us. They have plenty of unused IDs for both players and teams, come on! It just CANNOT be a database issue!

And in the very, very, veeeeeery small chance it is... :CONF: This is a facepalm for how they handle things at Konami. You can't just remove features from a product because "we're too lazy/too bad to make them work as expected". They worked fine last year!

Not that bothered by this to be honest, and I hope they don't lose considerable sales over it. Still pretty sure the lack of the CL logo on the box will lose them a hell of a lot more. And Konami need to keep a decent level of sales not to just jettison the whole thing into the sun and call it a day. I'd be willing to bet that some of the higher ups at Konami are already campaigning hard for a swift pull on the plug on PES.

I understand licenses are expensive and Konami cannot compete with EA for each one but why is the following not possible in the game?

Master League:

Choose which leagues to include in your Master League.

For example, English League could include 4 unlicensed leagues allowing us to created championship, leagues 1 & 2 and the conference.

Why is it limited to 2 leagues only?

Why dont they just leave 20 leagues blank that can be assigned to a country and then given a set of rules dependent on the competition?

Editor's would happily go about creating all the data, Konami just need to give us some options...

I will not be buying PES now as a master league without lower leagues is just terrible.

It's f*ck!ng NOT! They're fooling us. They have plenty of unused IDs for both players and teams, come on! It just CANNOT be a database issue!

And in the very, very, veeeeeery small chance it is... :CONF: This is a facepalm for how they handle things at Konami. You can't just remove features from a product because "we're too lazy/too bad to make them work as expected".

You don't know that. I'm not saying it is an excuse, it's the complete opposite in fact, it's pretty damn unacceptable. They have plenty of unused IDs for players and teams but not necessarily leagues? I'm just trying to understand rather than make any excuses, because there aren't any valid ones to be honest.

Also they have the issue with running out of space for imported images for whatever reason, did the new teams effect that also?

So, if this is what they had to say... I have a question for them. WHY IS CHAMPIONSHIP STILL IN, IF YOU SAY YOU REMOVED THE UNLICENSED D2 LEAGUES?
Is it licensed? If not, this response doesn't make sense. Not even a bit.

I guess, Championship is more important.

For the first time since the first PES on Ps2 (i've selled my first Ps1 before Iss Pro Evolution)...
I will boycott. Download it on PC, when Skidrow or whatever else will release it. that's what they deserves.

Loss of 2nd divisions is way too much to handle for me... I'm furious about this, since i've found the gameplay very good.

And i really don't like at all the Fifa's fundamentals, feeling, physics, dribbling, etc. so i won't change, but play retro this year.

I'd rather not a single new "officially licenced" league than this fucking 2nd leagues removing.
Even Myclub is touched: they've got some interesting players in Spa/Ita lower division, with progression...
And i don't talk about how it will impact ML, you guys already said it.

So happy when they've annouced the add of 2nd division for PES 2015... Especially as a Serie A/B fan.

Now, i'm over disappointed, and, i will repeat myself, even more because i found in this demo the best gameplay since a long long time (don't care about the menus or whatever else you complain)

They could pull out some of the added leagues for me as I will never use them, just as some of the current leagues never get used.I recognise the global attraction, but if they surveyed game elements ( excluding My Club the cash cow ) to see what players actually used, there would be some surprises.

This is unbelievable. I can't find a bigger way for Konami to show that offline gaming isn't a thing anymore.

Maybe it has been obvious for years. Master League has been a game of imagination for me. By imagine depth I have been playing that game mode for a little bit.

Now Serie B is removed. No improvements in offline gaming. I can't imagine anymore. Because there isn't anything that will change at the end of my season. Not even a new team will move up?

Well.. I guess it's time to move on. They are indeed focusing on "easy customers" by adding leagues from new countries. My country, Denmark is in.. But really. By removing two important Segundas this is it for me.

I don't want to hope that the gameplay actually will be good. It isn't even sure at all as the full release often changes.

And know.. They f*** removed the second divisions. "Oh but the community can do everything". With all respect... I really don't want to buy a game in late August, to MAYBE play Master League in late January - just to conclude that patch 3 or maybe data pack 16 is destroying my gameplay.

What a deroute. I will be missing the old days. But really nostalgia has taken me too far with this game. It will never come back as we loved it.

Times has changed. Everything is about earnings. Earnings can be found online. Both Konami and EA is knowing that, but EA is at least giving a non laughable package. So my hope is going in that direction for good. With a ok gameplay that game is maybe fitting my needs these days, for some gaming hours every week.

They have plenty of unused IDs for players and teams but not necessarily leagues?
I don't know, but... Let's say they have a league ID that's just a byte (I don't think it's that small but let's pretend). This would allow for 256 different values. Let's say 240 as it's easier to make examples with.
If they had a 7-bit ID for leagues, they could have 120 leagues. With a 6-bit ID you could have 60 (and it's way more than we need)... Well, you can have 30 with a 5-bit ID (which is about the value they have now) but I'm sure that league ID can't be that small.
Again, as far as the PES 2017 DB is structured I cannot see any constraint... But again I might be wrong (I still believe it's difficult).
Also they have the issue with running out of space for imported images for whatever reason, did the new teams effect that also?
I guess all the leagues they're adding are licensed, so I don't expect it to be a problem. Well, unless one starts adding 3rd and 4th kits to every licensed team in the game but this is something that could also be done before.

How does this game keep surviving each year?

The demo gameplay feels nice but they pushed it out with ridiculously short game times that no one ever uses in the retail version and with no commentary.

Anyone who plays the other game and picks up this demo will see this is an an amatuer game from a half assed company.

Some time spent on presentation and a little more on giving us some more control over the game would go a long way.

SLIDERS
MORE CUSTOMIZABLE LEAGUES
ABILITY TO CHANGE LEGUE STRUCTURES IN MASTER LEAGUE
MENUS
BROADCAST PACKAGES
CAMERA ANGLES
MAKE MYCLUB MORE UAER FRIENDLY

Not that bothered by this to be honest, and I hope they don't lose considerable sales over it. Still pretty sure the lack of the CL logo on the box will lose them a hell of a lot more. And Konami need to keep a decent level of sales not to just jettison the whole thing into the sun and call it a day. I'd be willing to bet that some of the higher ups at Konami are already campaigning hard for a swift pull on the plug on PES.

Agree really.
I couldn’t name you an Italian or French div 2 team without really really thinking hard about it it.
Also I’m amazed PES is still going. Thought Konami would’ve pulled the plug years ago.

I understand licenses are expensive and Konami cannot compete with EA for each one but why is the following not possible in the game?

Master League:

Choose which leagues to include in your Master League.

For example, English League could include 4 unlicensed leagues allowing us to created championship, leagues 1 & 2 and the conference.

Why is it limited to 2 leagues only?

Why dont they just leave 20 leagues blank that can be assigned to a country and then given a set of rules dependent on the competition?

Editor's would happily go about creating all the data, Konami just need to give us some options...

I will not be buying PES now as a master league without lower leagues is just terrible.
me neither. I had an amazing ML starting in Serie B in PES 2017... I even ventured in and created content in the master league stories thread for the first time I enjoyed it that much. no serie B, no purchase.

Personally I won't miss the two leagues. But I am annoyed they have been removed as I think its horse shit that its space issues. I'd take the Spanish second division over the Columbian league.
Unless something gets announced at Gamescom, Lyngaard could face heat. His REAL teasing and his colour of his shoes posts have lead to nothing so far. Also, why has Leipzig vanished from the game? They did say during a Q & A that they have another German team to announce. In an ideal world, they'd have replaced Leipzig with another team and a stadium.

Again, as far as the PES 2017 DB is structured I cannot see any constraint... But again I might be wrong (I still believe it's difficult).
Then Konami shouldn't be a problem adding fake leagues, right? Like many people has stated before, Konami should let the community do the job for editing those leagues.
Editing community is one of the reason why PES is still alive until this point.

I decided way back that i would not be buying the latest pes due to numerous reason already mentioned in this forum, what i will say is stripping back editing options will prove to be a bad move.
EA`s hold on licensed leagues could be nullified by Konami by expanding the editing options in game

Very disappointed with this decision. To lose the CL and remove the second divisions of such major leagues in Spain and Italy really damages Master League. I know Konami see PES as an online game now but I always hoped the league structure in ML was safe at least, what with the teams not being licensed anyway.
Not adding the unlicensed lower leagues is a lot worse when you consider the community around this game. People dedicate a lot of time creating option files with kits and logos for the lower leagues to make the Master League more authentic and to see all that discarded is sad. It will also have a knock on effect to the depth of Master League, that's a lot of young developing players of those nations that now won't be in the game.
As an offline player who loves playing mostly with Italian teams I'm really not sure what to do now.

That's the thing I don't get. For relatively little work, by allowing the modders to add more leagues, teams etc the game instantly becomes a much better package. It's why Football Manager isn't held back by a lack of licenses.

Yes, but IMHO that would really require a total overhaul of ML ... current code most likely cannot handle unknown number of leagues that would have to participate in campaigns.

Ill say my last word on the 2nd division subject dont want to clog the news thread with complaints but if this turns out to be true then its just another example of konami trying to push ML fans towards playing online

Its sneaky sales tactics to me right from the AI getting dumbed down losing team individuality in 2018 to this 2nd division removal I find it pretty sad really when you consider its mostly the ML players who kept the game alive between 08-14 by still purchasing PES I get they have no obligation as a business to reward loyalty but you would think a simple nod to say thanks in the forrm of an immersive ML is not too much to ask is it?
But is the online comparable to fifa?

If not then whats the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom