PES 2019 News Discussion Thread (INSULTS/DIGS = INSTANT BAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree. I'm just saying, that's the excuse they (and maybe the Twitter Defence Team) will come up with.

They'll say that each of those teams requires a data researcher, and that costs money (how much do those guys get paid - I think it's something like a £50 one-off fee - so this is laughable). They'll say, what would you rather have - ten new licensed top-flight divisions, or two second divisions (like having both is absolutely impossible), especially when our data tells us nobody ever uses those second division teams?

(Can you imagine their data - "Barcelona are picked 93% of the time boss, why are we bothering with entire leagues? Let's just have one fake European Super League. Nobody plays the Master League any more.")

Given all the new licenses, and given that there are two lower-leagues in there for any ML players, I just can't see enough people being annoyed for Konami to care.

I mean, for fuck's sake, heading is broken when you play on manual - and we're coming up with excuses for that... So how many people are going to say "enough is enough" about two second divisions being deleted?

I can imagine they must've paid shitloads for the Champions League license, they really have no excuses at all for removing those teams, it's disgraceful. Why couldn't they have just added in 2 fake 2nd divisions, that would've made life easier, so that people can just edit the teams & players, job done. Not remove them altogether.

This makes me think that there are limitations with their database, which in the year of 2018 is also an absolute joke :[

Hasn't Adam already said the second divisions are still there?

Part of me thinks the silence might be so that they can turn around and say "look, second divisions are still there" - to us old-school guys who actually give a shit (make no mistake, your average modern gamer only wants to play with the top-flight teams) - and we'll all fall over backwards and go "amazing, best game ever". For no actual reason.

Something smells very fishy, either way.

EDIT: Great timing that was, I see the team list has just been released...

The English and French second divisions are still there. So the excuse will be... "If you want a lower league ML, play in England or France. You can still do a lower league ML so what are you moaning about? We don't have the money to include all the second divisions. More people care about the top flight teams."

Difficult to argue with that, really. The dissenting voices will be outnumbered by the guys who are happy with all the new top-flight licenses. Even though I know how I'd feel if there was no English second division...

For a moment I thought you were ironic/resigned, and I still hope you kinda are.. but if not, you really think it is difficult to argue with that?

They removed two leagues they don't even pay for just for the sake of it.. and we should just swallow the "play with another second league" stuff? For real? After another announced season of no news in ML?

On one thing I agree with you, and is that they don't care for dissenting voices. They only care for their wallet. I'm personally tired of hear "every shot/pass is the same? Play manual", "keeper is glued to the line? Well at least you don't score lobs!", "that's the game they put out, it's another era.. we'll have to find a way to like it!".. well, how about no? I pay full price for this stuff. It's the game that has to convince me, not the other way around as it sounds like when I hear most of those excuses.

So I guess Konami definitely lost me as a customer, at least until I'll be important again for them. It seems there really is not other way to make yourself heard which isn't to not buy the game. And if nothing will change the same.. oh well, I won't give money for something which isn't directed at me which is already personally good enough.

p.s. don't mean to sound aggressive or bitter towards you, Chris, of course it isn't the case. I'm sure you aren't happy about the state of the game as well.

This makes me think that there are limitations with their database, which in the year of 2018 is also an absolute joke :[
That, in 2018, we can't just add our own leagues to the database (with their own rules) - in a game that infamously has no licenses and a tiny amount of leagues (up to now) - is ridiculous.

If you, as a company, can't "fix" the problem (i.e. FIFA has all the leagues/licenses) - why the hell don't you give your community the tools to do it themselves, even if they shouldn't have to (because it's one of the most dedicated communities out there).

But we know how the game is full of these data restrictions - look at the image imports for God's sake, you can't even import HD kits for every team in the game without running out of space. How are they happy about teams having low-res, blurry kits? In a HD, 4K, otherwise beautiful game?

There are multiple solutions to this kind of thing - the fact of the matter is, because we could only use all of this stuff offline (due to database mismatches etc.), it's not a priority, and the same applies to the Master League. Adam lives in Japan now, and he loves the Master League. He has no power to change this. It's just how gaming is now.

People wonder why a few of us live in the past and play the older games - this is why.

For a moment I thought you were ironic/resigned, and I still hope you kinda are..
I am 100% resigned my friend. We've seen it so many times before. The game will be released and the shouts of "this is amazing" will drown out the shouts of "why delete unlicensed second divisions". The cycle continues.

Last edited:
Jesus. Woke up and Twitter is having a meltdown. I've not visited the pages of Bhatti/Lyngaard/Asim yet. Want some breakfast before I dive into the chaos.
Also, there is no Columbian league. So, either its not in or its going to be announced at gamescom with other stuff and then updated?

That, in 2018, we can't just add our own leagues to the database (with their own rules) - in a game that infamously has no licenses and a tiny amount of leagues (up to now) - is ridiculous.
I hear you. I really do... This is the 'me' of 2008 talking, I never stopped hoping since, but they don't seem to understand (or, most likey, just don't give a f*!k).

Well, at least they listened to me about kit importing it seems:
Re: PES 2015 Discussion Thread
Let's take kits for example: instead of letting us import only the front part of a kit, let us import a 2048x2048 image with the same layout as a licensed kit.
Oh wait, I have an Xbox One. :RANT::RANT::RANT:

Jesus. Woke up and Twitter is having a meltdown. I've not visited the pages of Bhatti/Lyngaard/Asim yet. Want some breakfast before I dive into the chaos.
Also, there is no Columbian league. So, either its not in or its going to be announced at gamescom with other stuff and then updated?
Sounds to me like it may be DLC

Please, I don't know what else I can do to raise your awareness! Been saying this for months now.
I have never been a pessimist, neither have I been angry at Konami for the past decade like a lot of people in here. But this year they've gone too far with too many stuff.

DO NOT BUY PES THIS YEAR.

Sounds to me like it may be DLC
Hell NO!
This would mean that all our edits (real team names, real player names, player assignments and such) done directly on the DB would be taken and thrown into the waste bin if they did so.

Well, it's Konami. They've done it before, more than once. I wouldn't be surprised, not even a bit.

Wasn't planning to at the start because of the lack of improvements to master league, but the new leagues got me intrigued. Also really enjoyed the demo when I wasn't expecting to but this is just unacceptable for offline players. I won't be buying this year unless I see a really good discount in the next few months. It's a slippery slope, can easily see second divisions scrapped altogether next year.

Hell NO!
This would mean that all our edits (real team names, real player names, player assignments and such) done directly on the DB would be taken and thrown into the waste bin if they did so.

Well, it's Konami. They've done it before, more than once. I wouldn't be surprised, not even a bit.

Beggars can't be choosers. It's a new league that will be nice to have, but it should've been in for release, that's for sure

Hell NO!

I agree. I've been sceptical of the whole "we'll add more leagues via DLC" for that very reason.

I feel like I say this every year but I think I may be done.

*Thinks about cancelling pre-order but doesn't*

It's such a shame as well, because the gameplay is really really good this year, I loved playing it, but stuff like this is once again a kick in the teeth. Why do they keep doing it to us?

I think we need to make them know someway that gameplay is a lot better (even there are still many issues) but we're still not buying the game because of:

-No 2nd Divisions for most leagues.
-No improvements in Master League for years - we mean REAL changes.
-No improvements in the Broadcasting package of the game (this means Cameras, Atmosphere/Environment, Chants, etc)
-Poor/Horrible Menus and GUI
-Still many glaring issues in gameplay (like glued GKs, PA1 is too automatic, need more variety).
-No Gameplay Sliders when more than half of the fanbase need it/want it.
-No expansion of the Edit Mode when clearly a game with this many Licensing issues need a much bigger/better one like Stadiums Editor, Leagues Creator, Shareable Content right from the Edit Mode so we can create players/stadiums/leagues/kits/whatever and upload/download right there.
-I could go on but you get the point.

Too late Fede, I preordered it yesterday. At least I managed to pay it less than 30€, on HumbleBundle. I still feel kinda bad though, like I've been deprived of something that was owed (I know it's not the case but this is just nonsense).

On that news, maybe Konami will discount the price this year.:JAY:
Ermmmm.... Yeah, the price has dropped from 60€ to 50€ a month ago or so on Steam.
I don't expect it to drop any further there, there are places though (HumbleBundle for example) where it goes for a lot less.

Losing those 'B' leagues is bad, but I don't see any fake league either which means no German league this year, I guess.
They never list fake leagues or fake teams with fake players on the licence list.

They've confirmed they're in already.

Too late Fede, I preordered it yesterday. At least I managed to pay it less than 30€, on HumbleBundle. I still feel kinda bad though, like I've been deprived of something that was owed (I know it's not the case but this is just nonsense).

At the risk of exaggerating a little (or too much) this is like when you vote for President and then two years later when things turned out to be a lot worse than what you expected you say "hey I didn't vote for him!" when you talk about it with friends/family.

You have an option...... don't complain later! :D

In addition to that... They lost Atlético Madrid, Valencia CF, Fulham... What else?

They lost Wanda Metropolitano.
A stadium that was in PES for the entirety of......... ONE year! HAHA! That must be a record.
I don't care if they lose a team's license but it angers me when they lose a Stadium one.
Specially if you are on consoles. Because we, on PC, always manage to get new stadiums (or old stadiums back) but console guys are stuck.

A translated tweet from the officialpes Twitter when asked about the second division leagues.

"Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Our developers focused on adding as many leagues as possible, and therefore, we have given up the 2 D2 leagues without licenses in order to add other leagues with license. We thank you again for your understanding."

Why do we need to lose something just to add leagues. It's mind blowing.

I reckon that they took out these 2nd Division Leagues because "Surveys And Collected Data that's sent to us showed only a very small number of fans played with those teams" - So they can announce something like "Master League 2.0 - Complete overhaul of Master League, with brand new never seen before 2nd Division Leagues, climb your way up to the top!" in PES 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom