PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

10 or 12 min matches?

Thinking of trying 12 ... 10 mins over so quick
Been playing 20 Min since Pes 13,except for 16 where you couldn't because games would end 6-4 etc.
If you got the patience for 20 it's very different in how the CPU plays if you do not as rushed as the do in 10-15 Min games

Been playing 20 Min since Pes 13,except for 16 where you couldn't because games would end 6-4 etc.
If you got the patience for 20 it's very different in how the CPU plays if you do not as rushed as the do in 10-15 Min games
That’s very interesting!! Thanks Rock

I will try it :)

So many negative feedback here I am surprised

Anyone here who like the game?

It’s definitely got flaws but I am enjoying ... for now.

I will still get Fifa as well for the online as pes is still terrible in multiplayer
yes i do. Visually stunning, very realistic. Just offline the AI need huge work. Patched asap, then it will be a delight to play on ML. Are they the same on legend btw, anyone know?

I have 15mins, speed -1 and considering going 20... :D
And Im with you in regards to Pes18. I didnt like it. Took me ages to get used to it and somehow enjoy it but it was last few months when Pes19 was around the corner..
I will definitely stop playing 10 min matches then far too short!!

So many negative feedback here I am surprised

Anyone here who like the game?

It’s definitely got flaws but I am enjoying ... for now.

I will still get Fifa as well for the online as pes is still terrible in multiplayer

Think I played for about 14 hours straight yesterday. So yeah, definitely enjoying it.

I honestly don't know how I'll be able to play FIFA after how excellent PES feels, but at the same time I don't know how long PES will sustain me if the AI isn't fixed. And I'll be the first to admit that I really do miss all the extra immersion and nongameplay bits that FIFA has.

Konami showing off the shielding mechanism.
Click here
Haha! This is the worst Ive seen so far.. but its good that this is noticable everywhete. Youtube, reddit, twitter..there is no way in hell they dont know about it. And if Adam plays ML or any offline mode than he must know as well.. id say patch is imminent.
I really do miss all the extra immersion and nongameplay bits that FIFA has
I dont. Too focused to aim the damn ball to any of my players with NoPass support...i dont even notice whats the weather on the pitch...:D

Just tried it and I love some of the stuff you can do with advanced through balls, but it seems to cause some problems with player switching - you can choose exactly where you want to put the ball and play the pass as you intended, but it'll often select the wrong player to chase after it... By the time you've super cancelled and got the correct player reacting to it, the play has broken down...

Maybe I'll stick with basic online and use L2 manual passes for the "off-rails" passes when needed.

Something I was testing this morning.

For user team only:
Fluid formation on, out of possession set the FBs to CBs, CMFs to DMFs.

Results displayed by CPU:
- Seeing less exploit down the wings
- More shots from outside the box
- More direct play in the middle

Video:

Set-Up:

Obviously need more testing, but signs are encouraging to me.

For user team only:

Video:

Set-Up:

Nice work. But the question is, should we have to do this?

Looks a bit on the luminous side of green. Are you sure the stadium is called Vasco? Been through the list 3 times and nothing resembles that name.
St Januario Stadium (Vasco da gama) obs. Behind the Goal is a statue of Romário in honor of its 1000 goals being scored by Vasco in this mythical stadium.

What camera are people using? I've gone with Wide as it's what I've always used but dunno if it's worth getting to grips with dynamic.

The myClub progression seems silly quick which is worrying for longevity. Already coming up against lots of Mbappis, and I have Busquets and Koke in midfield from playing less than 10 games. It's a shame as I think the game plays better with lower ability players. Having potential access to a 96 rated Ziyech is also ridiculous.

Also - have they done away with the customisation in Free Training? You used to be able to set up 10 v 5 games in the older ones.

There's almost a feeling(it's actually happening) that your player is slowing down and defenders speeding up each time you press sprint(or player pushed the ball forward).
Look at the moment before the defender got close to him. Each time Neymar pushed the ball forward, he slowed down and defender sped up.
Just the turn of directions!! If he’d go in a straight way he’d kept the momentum...
I like it that way. Call it “Towned down” or whatever. It’s much better then we had last year (NOT before)! ;)
There is not much to moan about for this video, imo. There are bigger flaws!

Last edited:

For user team only:

Video:

Set-Up:

Placebo :P
Just checked a match but its still about wing attacks and low crosses for the cpu. But thanks for the effort.

imo we should test by changing ai team tactics and positions but not user's one
I already find it interesting by changing teams advanced instructions in edit mode first and then play match against ai
this year the edit finally work for ai, they will exactly use the tactics you edited in your edit save
eg I added tikitaka,attacking fullback and gegenpress for man city and they play more like real life
I replace hug the touchline by attacking fullback for barcelona so that they don't spread out their players and they play a little middle now
just some simple edit, I still didn't change their formation and position etc but its fun and has impact already

Back
Top Bottom