PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The referee has now twice booked the AI for diving when I thought a ridiculously umerited PK was awarded. Both times when AI was down.

Put simply, the focus just needs to be reducing space as you go up in difficulty and, I would prefer, the minutes you choose to play.

The problem is that this has become a difficult task to accomplish because there are so many variables that fix one thing but break the other.
Broken record here, just give me sliders. I've lost all hope. And I seriously have no time nor patience to change tactics of every single team in the game.

why not make it arcade - simulation in difficulty levels. As you move the difficulty up it becomes more of a simulation. Example: passing on easy difficulty is what we have now. on hardest level it's got much more error. Shooting on easy is what we have now on hardest level it's like PES5. First touches would work the same. I would label my difficulty levels like this. Arcade 12345 Simulation. Everybody's happy.

why not make it arcade - simulation in difficulty levels. As you move the difficulty up it becomes more of a simulation. Example: passing on easy difficulty is what we have now. on hardest level it's got much more error. Shooting on easy is what we have now on hardest level it's like PES5. First touches would work the same. I would label my difficulty levels like this. Arcade 12345 Simulation. Everybody's happy.

Not a bad idea at all James. The only problem is the code in PES is really messy and spaghetti like which is also the reason we don't have sliders for PES. If you are going to re-code a game like PES with only 50-100 employees, you will need couple of years to make it modular and easy to customize and configure. So we will never see it in action until they have another team working solely on that.

Not a bad idea at all James. The only problem is the code in PES is really messy and spaghetti like which is also the reason we don't have sliders for PES. If you are going to re-code a game like PES with only 50-100 employees, you will need couple of years to make it modular and easy to customize and configure. So we will never see it in action until they have another team working solely on that.
i think they need it to be in the next game engine and start from scratch. Then they would really have the edge.

I find that a really frustrating attitude. Maybe he doesn't want to... If a game on the lowest assist setting isn't great, then personally, I don't want to drop to manual. You're just handicapping yourself, at least when you're playing the AI (because the AI sure as shit doesn't "play" on manual, they nail every pass).

Manual isn't for everybody - it's great that you enjoy it, but PA1 would provide way more enjoyment if it was looser (and for those who wanted more assistance, you've got PA2 and PA3, which are totally pointless currently - why not make PA1 feel like it's barely assisted, and set the current default assistance to PA3).

I totally understand when people don´t want to play manual. I switched to it last year this time when I was playing the PES 2017 demo.
The reason wasn´t that assisted was too easy.
It rather was a cosmetic thing.
I like what´s going on on the pitch, animations etc....I just like when real football is resembled.

But what really put me off was that every pass rolled directly to the player´s feet on PA1. It looked awful to me, that´s why I switched to PA0. Looks more natural to me.
If PA1 on PES 2018 has more error, that´s great....but since I mastered PA0, I don´t wanna go back no more.

(I really miss PES 2011 passing)

@Goodvibe Stranger
I really like whipping balls into space in the box on manual as well. Here's a couple of nice ones:

Looks fine!
Lovely movement from Messi when he brings in the cross!

The more I play this game, the more it´s growing on me.
Still haven´t mastered defending but it´s getting better.

Looks like the cover might still actually have Neymar on in a Barcelona shirt...

DJFo-saW0AAt9xJ.jpg

Broken record here, just give me sliders. I've lost all hope. And I seriously have no time nor patience to change tactics of every single team in the game.

Can't see sliders being useful if there still are basic flaws. They first have to nail all the basic elements of football then they can bring sliders just to tweak gameplay. Because imo sliders are just tweaks, but they don't completely fix issues.

DJML8LeXUAAV7eI.jpg

We have already the licence and stadium :BORED:

New legends Zanetti, Stankovic and Toldo confirmed and players 3D scans

Last edited:

That´s what the assist settings are for. Problem is, PA1 is too assisted and after a while it removes the excitment from the game. Personally, I believe this is the rigth edition to start playing PA0. People are affraid of it, but to be honest, now is the time. CPU teams don´t press like crazy, they usually play a positional defense, wich gives us time and space to think, and pass. Besides, PA0 still has some assisting, no matter what people might say/think.

Yesterday I may have found my sweet settings, PA0 and Professional. Superstar becomes too frantic and with a heavy feel of scripting. Top Player is better, but still hard for me, and this is only a friendly match, we all know how the game can be on Master League mode. Pro is very, very balanced, CPU still attacks (yesterday I lost 3-0 against Liverpool), and the PA0 makes challenging, but not frustrating.

I totally understand when people don´t want to play manual. I switched to it last year this time when I was playing the PES 2017 demo.
The reason wasn´t that assisted was too easy.
It rather was a cosmetic thing.
I like what´s going on on the pitch, animations etc....I just like when real football is resembled.

But what really put me off was that every pass rolled directly to the player´s feet on PA1. It looked awful to me, that´s why I switched to PA0. Looks more natural to me.
If PA1 on PES 2018 has more error, that´s great....but since I mastered PA0, I don´t wanna go back no more.

(I really miss PES 2011 passing)

That's the 'on-rails' thing. I particularly hate how PA1 passing is not just super accurate, but that it essentially means the recipient has to stand still and wait for the ball to get to them, because the pass is aimed straight at them with no information on the pass. Through ball is the only way to achieve that, to have a player move on to the ball, but it's always forwards. Never sideways into space, never backwards. It's a huge thing to remove from the sport, and I really noticed the advantage I had in the beta against PA1 players who were so used to closing down very specific channels rather than trying to use better positioning to cater for every possible passing angle.

Waiting for licensed teams stadiums to be released as dlc is just bizarre..I really don't understand konami

Anfield turf was absolutely terrible in pes 2017 as well

That´s what the assist settings are for. Problem is, PA1 is too assisted and after a while it removes the excitment from the game. Personally, I believe this is the rigth edition to start playing PA0. People are affraid of it, but to be honest, now is the time. CPU teams don´t press like crazy, they usually play a positional defense, wich gives us time and space to think, and pass. Besides, PA0 still has some assisting, no matter what people might say/think.

Yesterday I may have found my sweet settings, PA0 and Professional. Superstar becomes too frantic and with a heavy feel of scripting. Top Player is better, but still hard for me, and this is only a friendly match, we all know how the game can be on Master League mode. Pro is very, very balanced, CPU still attacks (yesterday I lost 3-0 against Liverpool), and the PA0 makes challenging, but not frustrating.

I think you spot on about pa0 still having a level of assistance.

It feels less accurate with boca or a lower stat team then it does say Brazil and Barca..Its not completely manual and stats factor in imo.

Greater angles and lanes also just as romagnoli posted,players moving to the ball.

I even get my arse handed to me on top player still,normally when I lose concentration or make stupid passing errors.Never feel cheated though like the scripting is kicking in and allowing the cpu to score.Thats what I want though,a cpu that punishes my error and gaps.That is why for me the game is balanced,when the cpu does score you can clearly see why.

You can defend the movement of the bigger teams and block or intercept those back line cutting balls,even without being able to adjust tactics.

If your playing a team with a similar rating your not holding on or fighting as much(end of match passing stats are almost equal).When playing Barca and your boca on the top settings.You really feel like your playing a better side.There movement,passing accuracy and quality is evidently better.

Last edited:
That's the 'on-rails' thing. I particularly hate how PA1 passing is not just super accurate, but that it essentially means the recipient has to stand still and wait for the ball to get to them, because the pass is aimed straight at them with no information on the pass. Through ball is the only way to achieve that, to have a player move on to the ball, but it's always forwards. Never sideways into space, never backwards. It's a huge thing to remove from the sport, and I really noticed the advantage I had in the beta against PA1 players who were so used to closing down very specific channels rather than trying to use better positioning to cater for every possible passing angle.

Exactly!
The bold part: I think manual passing is at times a big advantage as your aren´t bond to them "channels", except if your opponent uses L2 at times.
But with that you can pass the ball into the space you want to.....had nice passes like that.
Manual shooting is a bit of a challenge though still.

Whenever I shoot on goal, it´s mostly in the middle which is where the GK stands most of the time to catch my shot.
I can´t really aim into a corner....if I try the ball misses big time.

Another thing: why is holding down :triangle: not working anymore to move the GK on the sideline when you have a freekick against you?

@chiefrocka4real the GK just takes a step to the corner that the wall is covering. its like a mini game in game! so you can try to predict the direction of the ball and take a step in that direction.

letting the wall jump last night made me laugh. 2 AI player at the spot. one runs over the ball, i jump. wall gets down to the ground again. the second player kicks the ball, ill try to jump again... but its to late. nice goal by the AI. they fooled me and i love that little detail! :D

@chiefrocka4real the GK just takes a step to the corner that the wall is covering. its like a mini game in game! so you can try to predict the direction of the ball and take a step in that direction.

letting the wall jump last night made me laugh. 2 AI player at the spot. one runs over the ball, i jump. wall gets down to the ground again. the second player kicks the ball, ill try to jump again... but its to late. nice goal by the AI. they fooled me and i love that little detail! :D
This happened to me as well. Fuckers lol

Exactly!
The bold part: I think manual passing is at times a big advantage as your aren´t bond to them "channels", except if your opponent uses L2 at times.
But with that you can pass the ball into the space you want to.....had nice passes like that.
Manual shooting is a bit of a challenge though still.

Whenever I shoot on goal, it´s mostly in the middle which is where the GK stands most of the time to catch my shot.
I can´t really aim into a corner....if I try the ball misses big time.

Another thing: why is holding down :triangle: not working anymore to move the GK on the sideline when you have a freekick against you?

I've really grown fond of basic,I can place,control the elevation with power and hit those low dippers.I generally always used manual last year.I feel my feet have a greater impact now,plus timing,where the ball is in relation to my feet when I strike it to add a little curl.Same with crossing there not strait arrows on pa0 and I can slightly turn my players body and feet to create some curve,just as I'm executing the button command.Last year it felt like the ball only ever curved on assisted because it was always guided to the player,hence the physics would adjust to find the player.

Edit..There's also error on basic,still plenty of miss hits and overpowering,and like the passing players ability factors in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom