PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

@Goodvibe Stranger
I really like whipping balls into space in the box on manual as well. Here's a couple of nice ones:

Second one with Rakitic the cross is made holding L1 while tapping O.

RE the discussion of PA vs manual I'm on the same page as Goodvibe: PA1 should be much less assisted or they should make a pass assist option called semi-assisted and then get rid of PA2+3. I fully understand why people don't bother with manual - it takes practice and requires a lot of concentration and patience, which you don't necessarily posses coming home from work or whatever.

Yeh i got the game earlier here in Brazil too. Weird enough there are some teams with last season`s kits like Lazio, i think the day 1 patch might fix that though.

Interesting to see is that they have Atletico Madrid's new 3rd kit before the club evan launch it officially lol

On regards of Gameplay im not the best person to judge since ive been mostly a FIFA player in the past couple of years.. but the game feels very very good at times and in the next moment you see something really weird like a bad animation or a floaty pass wich makes it feel very unpolished.

One thing im really liking is the contextual shielding, it makes playing with Diego Costa for exemple really lifelike as he is aways looking for physical contact like his real life counterpart.

Oh and crosses/headers feel overpower as f*ck... i think ive scored about 35-40 goals since getting the game, id say 70-80% of them were from crosses.
this is a little worrying

I scored so much from crossing in pes 2017 Master League that I had to stop using crossing in games as it felt like exploit!!!

pes 2018 will need a big patch by the sounds of things??

it always gets a day 1 patch anyway so let's not panic too much yet

@Goodvibe Stranger
I really like whipping balls into space in the box on manual as well. Here's a couple of nice ones:

RE the discussion of PA vs manual I'm on the same page as Goodvibe: PA1 should be much less assisted or they should make a pass assist option called semi-assisted and then get rid of PA2+3. I fully understand why people don't bother with manual - it takes practice and requires a lot of concentration and patience, which you don't necessarily posses coming home from work or whatever.
@Goodvibe Stranger

Easy to play difficult to master..

We've all been crying out for a deeper learning curve.For me there's depth we haven't had since the ps2 days.

All ties into the animation system and greater user input.Ive had experiences that I've never had in a football game before.Its what I've certainly wanted for years..

Not everyone's going to like this years game.I don't mind people stating there negatives,but it's not going to stop me from being honest about how good I think the ai and this game is.

Last edited:
Why are people complaining about manual controls ..zero assist and full manual are two different things ..theres an extra button for manual

I'm playing the Xbox one demo,so the green zoning or players freezing isn't there like it is in the PS4 demo.

You know you've said this a few times in this thread and I think it's both dangerous and misleading. I don't care much for this demo (dull shooting, no penalties etc) but you're suggesting the AI is actually different between both versions but haven't supplied any evidence. You said there are bugs on PS4 that aren't present on Xbox. As I said, I don't like the game in its current state but I haven't seen anything like you're describing.

You know you've said this a few times in this thread and I think it's both dangerous and misleading. I don't care much for this demo (dull shooting, no penalties etc) but you're suggesting the AI is actually different between both versions but haven't supplied any evidence. You said there are bugs on PS4 that aren't present on Xbox. As I said, I don't like the game in its current state but I haven't seen anything like you're describing.

Doesn't worry me.Fairplay your more then entitled to your analysis.

It's not something I'm going entertain or do I need to justify or back up my findings.What I have described is in the game and your welcome to cross reference.

You post comes across as a little confrontational..my opinion of course.Statements like dull shooting are a matter of opinion not fact...and that's where you lost me.

There is always the ps2 game emulated or in hard copy for those that think it's the epitome of football gaming.

I prefer Pes and FIFA now.

Last edited:
Really no new fonts no short shorts this is a joke. Not that I'm doubting u what is your source to say it's the same

A few people who got the game early state it. It'll be the same on PC no doubt. There's a few here who also mentioned they have it on xbox one and PS4 early i believe, so they can probably confirm that, maybe even show pictures.
Complete copy/paste from what i understood.

Actually thats the case, i not a big fan of manual controllers(neither on PES or FIFA) as IMO it takes away a bit of the player`s attributes into play as it relays more on my aiming ability than actually on the players ratings.

Only problem with that is at least for me is you basically just walk the ball into the offensive third too easily. I am not good enough to use manual and have the game play that easily for me but I play it on manual. Makes everything a lot harder.

I understand and agree with all the points discussed here, but one thing I´m sure of, this game is going the right way. It might not do the things very well, but the idea behind all this is miles ahead of any other soccer game we had.
yes, the base is good it just needs adjustments. Like stricter refs, more noticeable stats, looser first touch, AI shooting error increase, AI passing error increase.

yeah, it's amazing how much Konami dislikes presentation.

I don't think it's neccesarily that.The other game has been certainly on a technical level better for over tens years,animation,physics,ai.They have assets from older iterations that have carried over.There constantly adding not trying to get there gameplay up to a standard because in that respect it's been fairly solid for years.

Catching up,time will tell and the cosmetics will surely follow.Lets be fair we are talking about differences in budget,staff and resources.

Konami are almost there with the gameplay though,and we all want some of the smaller cosmetic touches of the ps2 days.There is a great pool of talent at konami.

I don't think it's neccesarily that.The other game has been certainly on a technical level better for over tens years,animation,physics,ai.Theres assets and things from older iterations that have carried over.There constantly adding not trying to get there gameplay up to a standard because in that respect it's been fairly solid for years.

Catching up,time will tell and the cosmetics will surely follow.Lets be fair we are talking about differences in budget,staff and resources.

Konami are almost there with the gameplay though,and we all want some of the smaller cosmetic touches of the ps2 days.
Konami is on the right track with this game.
Fine tune it,listen to fans regarding fouls etc.
Maybe the foul issue will look differently on a competitive game (pretty much guarantee that)
And it's also down to preference how you set the game.
Sure a 5-10 min game with fouls all over the place= great.
Will that be possible?
Don't think so,need longer games for it to work and create realistic stats (shots,fouls,offside etc)
If we're talking about realistic gameplay,need those stays as well

I switched over to 20 Min games on 17,and I get good stats,anything below 15 min halves on FIFA won't get you there either.
Then you got manual (the forbidden word) setups as well,adding to the stats.
Slap some cosmetic on it and this will be good,I feel Konami is doing something new,FIFA has been replicating the same gameplay since 13-14?
To me it's going in the right direction

Konami is on the right track with this game.
Fine tune it,listen to fans regarding fouls etc.
Maybe the foul issue will look differently on a competitive game (pretty much guarantee that)
And it's also down to preference how you set the game.
Sure a 5-10 min game with fouls all over the place= great.
Will that be possible?
Don't think so,need longer games for it to work and create realistic stats (shots,fouls,offside etc)
If we're talking about realistic gameplay,need those stays as well

I switched over to 20 Min games on 17,and I get good stats,anything below 15 min halves on FIFA won't get you there either.
Then you got manual (the forbidden word) setups as well,adding to the stats.
Slap some cosmetic on it and this will be good,I feel Konami is doing something new,FIFA has been replicating the same gameplay since 13-14?
To me it's going in the right direction

I couldn't agree more and please Don't get me wrong,I think the animations,physics and ai are easily on par now(FIFA has lots more animations though).If anything the animations are more contextual and the ai more adaptive in pes,compared to both of last years games.Another subject though for another thread.Nail on the head with your post though.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong,I think the animations,physics and ai are easily on par now(FIFA has lots more though).If anything the animations are more contextual and the ai more adaptive.Another subject though for another thread.Nail on the head with your post though.
Forgot the animations mate,stunning on Pes demo,thinking more of (haven't seen full release yet) presentation,and by that I mean "The Pl broadcasting experience" which I don't care about.
But more graphics popping up before and during game,standings ,leading goalscorer,suspended players etc etc
But,I'll take the game as is any day,haven't played the demo for a week,want 18 being fresh when I start.

And, something else I thought about is some people having a steep learning curve with this game,and it could be that way,but here's the silver lining,this game has a superior training function,playing 11 Vs 11 and all sorts of variations to that set up,really learning the game.

I often use training match to fine tune my skills or try something new.
And thanx mate,almost forgot that,you're on spot with your analysis as well

I find that a really frustrating attitude. Maybe he doesn't want to... If a game on the lowest assist setting isn't great, then personally, I don't want to drop to manual. You're just handicapping yourself, at least when you're playing the AI (because the AI sure as shit doesn't "play" on manual, they nail every pass).

Manual isn't for everybody - it's great that you enjoy it, but PA1 would provide way more enjoyment if it was looser (and for those who wanted more assistance, you've got PA2 and PA3, which are totally pointless currently - why not make PA1 feel like it's barely assisted, and set the current default assistance to PA3).
what they should and need to do is make AI play 2 different ways manual and assisted just like you. This should have already been developed but they think faces are more top priority.

Doesn't worry me.Fairplay your more then entitled to your analysis.

It's not something I'm going entertain or do I need to justify or back up my findings.What I have described is in the game and your welcome to cross reference.

You post comes across as a little confrontational..my opinion of course.Statements like dull shooting are a matter of opinion not fact...and that's where you lost me.

There is always the ps2 game emulated or in hard copy for those that think it's the epitome of football gaming.

I prefer Pes and FIFA now.

I never said dull shooting was a fact, please point out where I did. You're now telling me to go play a PS2 emulated game on PC because it's the epitome? I'm pretty staggered you called me confrontational and then delivered that statement. FIFA 16 is the best football game I've ever played for the record and PES 5 and 6 close behind. Not that I expect you to care.

Sorry guys... but.. since PES 2014 we every time talk about how Konami is on right track and how the game is good for good for foundation, but again since there.. after 4 years, we talk the same, every year. Same errors, same problems, same shits are still here, we have same game every year, with different menus and some " new " animation but same old problems from YEARS are still here and ... Again I will wait for final gamе before rate it, but for me, from 2014, we play the same game with minimal adjustments and minimal improvements or changes.
I even look for many animations and movements that I miss now in PES 2018 demo, for example:
I can not do it in PES 2018 .. I do not know maybe something is wrong with me or they just removed it. And fake shot. In PES 2017 there are so many animations, a variation of movements with fakeshot, now in PES 2018, they are just 2 or 3 animations.

Last edited:
I don't think it's neccesarily that.The other game has been certainly on a technical level better for over tens years,animation,physics,ai.They have assets from older iterations that have carried over.There constantly adding not trying to get there gameplay up to a standard because in that respect it's been fairly solid for years.

Konami are almost there with the gameplay though,and we all want some of the smaller cosmetic touches of the ps2 days.There is a great pool of talent at konami.
don't underestimate that budget. Konami sells plenty to develop some little coin toss cut. Presentation like better commentary isn't going to do anything but increase sales. Konami is just cutting there own sales by not adding these things. It's like dressing up, you always look better. Even that embarrassing cousin you always hide away.:)

bluewomble88..Dude,why are you being so argumentive,it was you making more presumptions about me then I did of you...ie dangerous and misleading.You also said(Dull shooting,no penalities etc).

When I spoke about the ps2 I was talking generally.

Really makes me smile knowing you liked fifa16 as much as me(unpatched)..

Go let off some steam down the gym.Please don't make me a target for any frustrations you have.Your spinning everything on me and looking for a negative response.

I can see through that!..Its not about being right or wrong,and I'm to old for a war of egos..Just want some intelligent discussion about pes!(the devil is in the detail).

Last edited:
don't underestimate that budget. Konami sells plenty to develop some little coin toss cut. Presentation like better commentary isn't going to do anything but increase sales. Konami is just cutting there own sales by not adding these things. It's like dressing up, you always look better. Even that embarrassing cousin you always hide away.:)

I know you love humour..

Ha ha,nice one sir!

bluewomble88..Dude,why are you being so argumentive,it was you making more presumptions about me then I did of you...dangerous and misleading.You also said(I think the is shooting dull).

When I spoke about the ps2 I was talking generally.

Really makes me smile knowing you liked fifa16 as much as me(unpatched)..

Go let off some steam down the gym.Please don't make me a target for any frustrations you have.Your spinning everything on me and looking for a negative response.

I can see through that!..Its not about being right or wrong,and I'm to old for a war of egos..Just want some intelligent discussion about pes!

Your the one causing issues.
1,Drop the fifa talk,You started it for what we dont know,use the comparison thread if You must.
2, drop the personal stuff, and if other people have an opinion that does not match Yours, well that is all well and good.

I just knew You would start causing issues for this forum after several days, and here we go,whoever you really are.

Your the one causing issues.
1,Drop the fifa talk,You started it for what we dont know,use the comparison thread if You must.
2, drop the personal stuff, and if other people have an opinion that does not match Yours, well that is all well and good.

I just knew You would start causing issues for this forum after several days, and here we go,whoever you really are.

The threads actually been really calm and there's been some excellent conversion.Ive agreed with almost everyone and never talked down either game only things most people have been agreement on.I have always offered a balanced discriptive argument on my opinions.

In the main I have also talked about my experiences with the game and it's gameplay.

I haven't taken anything personally.Im not Adam and I haven't had any prior experience or do I bare any kind of grudge.

I think that's plain for everybody to see..Apologise for talking about the other game but it's near impossible for others or myself sometimes(it's about the context).

Last edited:
A few people who got the game early state it. It'll be the same on PC no doubt. There's a few here who also mentioned they have it on xbox one and PS4 early i believe, so they can probably confirm that, maybe even show pictures.
Complete copy/paste from what i understood.
So sad nothing new konami are jokers this is y l doubt I'll buy this year

Put simply, the focus just needs to be reducing space as you go up in difficulty and, I would prefer, the minutes you choose to play.

The problem is that this has become a difficult task to accomplish because there are so many variables that fix one thing but break the other.

Back
Top Bottom