PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

and i do enjoy TGC2! its a nice golf simulation without licenses. but i dont mind... im so focused on the sim gameplay.
i did add some user created courses (recretions of real courses) to my fav tab though. that makes it more authentic (like applying an PES OF kinda like).
regarding PES and this user created stuff... i dont see it coming to PES that detailed. we'll see...
lets stay positive... or at least hopeful. :)

Shameless plug, if you enjoy TGC2, I run the True Sim Tour on tgctours.com: http://www.tgctours.com/Tour/Tournaments?tourId=5&season=2017

No helping aids, pure golf.

Advanced shooting is the only way to make the shooting playable for me in PES 2018. However the animation doesn't watch with the shooting trajectory and direction is really unfitting.

My approach is if I have to choose a different shooting mechanic, then it has to be out of enjoyment, not forced. The CPU doesn't have advanced shooting, why should I have to use it?

Regardless, I think goals would look, feel, more satisfying if these items were addressed:

1. Less goalkeeper diving BACKWARDS...
2. Less vicious, on the laces, shots...
3. More tighter nets, thus tighter net physics

I called the president on the phone yesterday and said he loves PES.
What do you think about this?

DGvXdQXW0AQ6wFr.jpg

It seems like Inter is the only licensed Serie A team. Do you think it's fake?

lol this list is just about what been announced. They all make sense. I mean why only Inter cuz it's in the demo. Clearly doesn't mean anything.

Shameless plug, if you enjoy TGC2, I run the True Sim Tour on tgctours.com: http://www.tgctours.com/Tour/Tournaments?tourId=5&season=2017

My approach is if I have to choose a different shooting mechanic, then it has to be out of enjoyment, not forced. The CPU doesn't have advanced shooting, why should I have to use it?

Regardless, I think goals would look, feel, more satisfying if these items were addressed:

Golf?
Wtf!!! That's not very rocknrolly Dec!
We need a serous conversation around that my friend

its not tighter net physics, it has nothing to do with tightness, it needs more movement, less cagey feel, thats what it needs, and less floaty or super fast shots .

So you asked him a totally unnecessary question about faces ffs instead of finding out if the dull, lifeless shooting has been fixed?

Nice one.

I'd like to retract this post and apologise. I hardly slept last night and I'm suffering from a very annoying medical condition that is sucking the life out of me. No excuse though, just the reasons.

Won't happen again.

its not tighter net physics, it has nothing to do with tightness, it needs more movement, less cagey feel, thats what it needs, and less floaty or super fast shots .

Let's just say more movement relative to the physics of the ball hitting the net, not just a a random bulge of the ball popping out, and the other parts of the nets are untouched. Again, I'm not that picky about nets, but then again I played Football Kingdom, and even the older PES, so once you have it that good...it's hard to not care somewhat.

Could you go into more detail about "cagey" feel? I have an idea, but need clarification.

Shots...Not too fast, and not too floaty. I do agree, but keep in mind they'd have to also adjust the goalkeeper animations as well. I'd love to point at...[Any older PES] and say..."Hey...make that happen". That would apply to most though...

Let's just say more movement relative to the physics of the ball hitting the net, not just a a random bulge of the ball popping out, and the other parts of the nets are untouched. Again, I'm not that picky about nets, but then again I played Football Kingdom, and even the older PES, so once you have it that good...it's hard to not care somewhat.

Could you go into more detail about "cagey" feel? I have an idea, but need clarification.

Shots...Not too fast, and not too floaty. I do agree, but keep in mind they'd have to also adjust the goalkeeper animations as well. I'd love to point at...[Any older PES] and say..."Hey...make that happen". That would apply to most though...

I think regarding the shots, the ball itself and certainly the keepers move a bit too slowly. I know I have mentioned rocket shots in the past but perhaps they seem that way because the keepers are largely so floaty. If the driven shots are matched by keepers that fly realistically through the air then perhaps the shots themselves would feel more satisfying.

In Pes 2017 and in Pes 2018 beta almost every long range shot is a rocket, it's not about wanting unrealistic shot trajectories.

If anything Pes 2017 and 2018 beta have unrealistic long range trajectories.
The beta comprised of 2 teams filled with superstars.

Not saying it's going be completely fixed and exactly how everyone wants it to be but I doubt it will be the same with all the teams available.

Edit: as for PES 2017 if struck sweetly then yes. Just like IRL but not every player could pummel a long range drive on target at every opportunity

thats what i mean, u just said it, other parts of the net don t even move, which is annoying a lot, since as u said we had perfect nets in football kingdom

The beta comprised of 2 teams filled with superstars.

Not saying it's going be completely fixed and exactly how everyone wants it to be but I doubt it will be the same with all the teams available.

Edit: as for PES 2017 if struck sweetly then yes. Just like IRL but not every player could pummel a long range drive on target at every opportunity
I can safely say beta still had unbalanced long range shots. Every time a player managed to shoot a rocket i checked the stats and i noticed that even 70s shot power players could be able to make a tremendously powerful shot. Really unrealistic.

They had huge chance to get Bundesliga but it was to expensive for them. Without Europen leauges they dont have any chance to compete in market. Sorry but Europe=money....
The European market is massive but don't undersell how popular PES is in South America - having licenses for both national teams for Argentina and Brazil and also full (I think it's full?) licenses for the leagues there and also in Chile is massive. An increase in sales here and you also then look at adding to the PES budget for the next years game which in turn means potentially getting another league licensed in Europe or more individual teams.

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

They had huge chance to get Bundesliga but it was to expensive for them. Without Europen leauges they dont have any chance to compete in market. Sorry but Europe=money....

I'm sorry, but I have another question for you:

Do you think there is any artistic merit to what EA/Konami are producing?

Trouble is the keepers still dive like they did in ISS on Snes.
That awful up and down dive that looks like a subbutteo keeper on a stick is still there.
The jump and catch the ball when the shot is going over is there.

The keepers still need work.

The European market is massive but don't undersell how popular PES is in South America - having licenses for both national teams for Argentina and Brazil and also full (I think it's full?) licenses for the leagues there and also in Chile is massive. An increase in sales here and you also then look at adding to the PES budget for the next years game which in turn means potentially getting another league licensed in Europe or more individual teams.

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.
Just saying, but PES has had those South American leagues for 4 years now. In the grand scheme of things, they lost more licenses than they acquired.

Just saying, but PES has had those South American leagues for 4 years now. In the grand scheme of things, they lost more licenses than they acquired.
it seems, but licensing isn't the best way for Konami sense EA has exclusive on all European big leagues. Partnerships is the way to go. They can bypass the exclusive shit this way. So we will see what new partnerships are coming for 2018.
You have to admit, Konami partnership stadiums are better than EA licensed ones.

To be honest, in PES 2017 I tested shooting with different players.
Shots with high kick power been hard and fast and shots with a lower kicking power been weaker.
Same difference goes to weak foot and bad body positioning.

To me that´s enough.
People seem to have more demands in this sector.
Referring to PES 6...last time I played it was when PES 2008 came out.
Back then I never touched it again, so probably I´m missing something as I can´t remember how shooting has been there.
But good, that I don´t know :P

Manual shooting is fine for me.
And to be honest,99% (guessing) of all footballers can shoot hard as F....
Not very accurate,but hard as F...
Wish for more scrappy goals though,miskicks,defections,volleys hitting the ground and in.
Stuff like that,and perhaps less speed on the shots

Back
Top Bottom