PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Spoke to Adam again this evening on the phone and asked him if the legends get a bit of the old Player ID treatment. I probably missed something in the past regrds this and honestly didn't know. I only ever got Davids in 2017's myClub and while I thought there was a resemblence to the real player in his pomp regards movement and alike I thought I just put it down to my mind playing tricks on me.

Anyway, he said that they do.

PES2018 will be the best football related anything ever if I land Socrates. Will be the worst if I don't.

Apparently the Brazil event had Flamengo and Corinthians players turning up, completely of their own choice, full of enthusiasm and unannounced, just to play a bit of PES.

The good shit, gentlemen.

So you asked him a totally unnecessary question about faces ffs instead of finding out if the dull, lifeless shooting has been fixed?

Nice one.

So you asked him a totally unnecessary question about faces ffs instead of finding out if the dull, lifeless shooting has been fixed?

Nice one.
Never experienced it like that. maybe you should use advanced shooting like curdstar does. It is a bit difficult if you asked me but if your up for the challenge you can put your shot wherever you like.

Never experienced it like that. maybe you should use advanced shooting like curdstar does. It is a bit difficult if you asked me but if your up for the challenge you can put your shot wherever you like.

It's not about that though. The angle, speed, trajectory, spin etc has been totally stripped away from what made scoring so great in the PES 5/6 days. Until last year, I was still plugging 6-8 hours a week on PES 6 and scoring still felt immense. I then bought a PS4 and PES 2017 in September and a part of me died. I was seeing the same goals over and over again, and every shot was an arrow without any soul or body to it. They were all so cleanly struck, no bobbling or slicing, no shots skied into row z, no curve or dips. Just dead straight laser guided arrows. So, so dull.

Since then I tried FIFA 16 - my first attempt at playing any FIFA game since 2000 - and it felt magical in so many areas. It's not perfect but the shooting mechanics feel amazing so I've stuck with it for now.

after all those hours on PES 6, you are now satisfied with FIFA 16 because of the shooting mechanics???:SHOCK:
i don't really get that, but that's taste and preference for ya;):COOL:. There is so much wrong with the FIFA games i just don't wanna take the time to sum them all up. i would've used the same words you described the shots in PES to describe them.
Presentation in those games is flawless, i have to give them credit for that.:APPLAUD:
Just give the advanced shooting a try mate maybe it'll change your mind.;)

There's definitely shooting context in 2018, absolutely no doubt about it. Whether it's enough is another question - I think it needs tweaks and for shots to be able to go further high or wide in the first place - but if you feed back that there's none at all then Konami will quite rightly read that as hyperbole and probably assume you've not played 2018. Just like how saying the passes have no bobble or lift off the ground, or that there was no first touch error, was proved to be nonsense when you actually bothered looking at the videos in question.

With manual and especially advanced shooting I saw highly charged shot attempts become scuffed, scruffy or tame in execution, the ball curling towards or away from the goal to some extent and the keeper often either cleaning up the weak shot or watching the ball wide. As I said before, I even had a complete airshot as Giroud (I think) attempted a scissor kick off a not particularly fast moving cross.

Advanced shooting is great because it offers so many more trajectories than manual or basic. It's still flawed and the objective should be to make basic and manual match or better advanced shooting's current level of diversity, but right now if you want to see more shots loop or fade or skim then advanced leads the pack.

Nice one.
And don't be a dick please, we're all trying to be nice now. Curd's Adam's friend, not your go-between. That he spoke to him about player ID for his childhood hero (which is much more than just 'about faces ffs') is up to him. Get on Twitter.

We already know Adam has said Konami have done some more work on shooting, and we must know it'll be tweaks rather than a last minute revolution for them to completely rebuild the keeper mechanics around.

:LMAO: Post of the year.

I'm just waiting for net comparisons... "It is common knowledge amongst football fans that the nets used at Vasco Da Gama's ground are much looser than the others in the league, and yet the amateurs at Konami ignore this fact yet again. They wonder why more people buy FIFA. Because every pair of nets is different. It's not rocket science."
Oh god the nets are shite as well? That's my pre-order cancelled... I can't bare to have laser guided OP shooting plus a net that looks like a steel cage....

:)

I am starting to think people want unrealistic shot trajectories that dip and swirl at every opportunity rather than physics based.

In PES 2017 I noticed enough scuffed shots, laced dipping shots and instep curls to make it acceptable. I just wish the was more variation like outside of the boot curl or the dreaded bounce in front of the keeper and especially more attempts from the COM player.

I am starting to think people want unrealistic shot trajectories that dip and swirl at every opportunity rather than physics based.

In PES 2017 I noticed enough scuffed shots, laced dipping shots and instep curls to make it acceptable. I just wish the was more variation like outside of the boot curl or the dreaded bounce in front of the keeper and especially more attempts from the COM player.
In Pes 2017 and in Pes 2018 beta almost every long range shot is a rocket, it's not about wanting unrealistic shot trajectories.

If anything Pes 2017 and 2018 beta have unrealistic long range trajectories.

What do you think about this?

DGvXdQXW0AQ6wFr.jpg

It seems like Inter is the only licensed Serie A team. Do you think it's fake?

Back to stadiums, I was hoping that Konami would take the route taken by another game, namely "The Golf Club".

EA released Rory McCllroy PGA Golf and went the licensed route. They had something like 8 golf courses in their game.

But the makers of "The Golf Club" made a course creator and now have about 500,000 courses that people can play.

Back to stadiums, I was hoping that Konami would take the route taken by another game, namely "The Golf Club".

EA released Rory McCllroy PGA Golf and went the licensed route. They had something like 8 golf courses in their game.

But the makers of "The Golf Club" made a course creator and now have about 500,000 courses that people can play.
and i do enjoy TGC2! its a nice golf simulation without licenses. but i dont mind... im so focused on the sim gameplay.
i did add some user created courses (recretions of real courses) to my fav tab though. that makes it more authentic (like applying an PES OF kinda like).
regarding PES and this user created stuff... i dont see it coming to PES that detailed. we'll see...
lets stay positive... or at least hopeful. :)

To be honest, in PES 2017 I tested shooting with different players.
Shots with high kick power been hard and fast and shots with a lower kicking power been weaker.
Same difference goes to weak foot and bad body positioning.

To me that´s enough.
People seem to have more demands in this sector.
Referring to PES 6...last time I played it was when PES 2008 came out.
Back then I never touched it again, so probably I´m missing something as I can´t remember how shooting has been there.
But good, that I don´t know :P

Manual shooting is fine for me.

@curdstar , do you know if they will announce any ML surprises at gamescom.

Didn't get that deep into stuff, dude. Very general chat and I kind of want to ride out any news and info announcements like other fans. I know, sounds mad if I have an opportunity to ask for more, but Adam will speak in general terms to me, mindful I probably want it that way.

But hey, at least you asked nicely and didn't criticise that which I did say I discussed, unlike others who think I should go all Paxman on him if we speak.

Didn't get that deep into stuff, dude. Very general chat and I kind of want to ride out any news and info announcements like other fans. I know, sounds mad if I have an opportunity to ask for more, but Adam will speak in general terms to me, mindful I probably want it that way.

But hey, at least you asked nicely and didn't criticise that which I did say I discussed, unlike others who think I should go all Paxman on him if we speak.
I would imagine you as more of a Parkinson type :) "This Is Your PES Adam Bhatti"

Advanced shooting is the only way to make the shooting playable for me in PES 2018. However the animation doesn't watch with the shooting trajectory and direction is really unfitting.
Its a shame that you HAVE to choose Advanced Shooting for there to be any sort of variation in the shots taken at all..... Again I refer back to PES's from the PS2 days, they didn't have any such shooting system but still was far more rewarding to see the ball hit the back of the net when you did score.

Back
Top Bottom