PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

If you think they did anything special for the PC gamers then they definitely fooled you with their smart marketing.
Well, compare the game on PC (on a good PC) and the game on Xbox One... I've tried both the demos, they're like night and day.
The PC version blows the Xbox One version out of the water...
It may not be a "special thing done especially for the PC players" but you can clearly see the difference.

Yes i did. Still no settings. Its seems like konami and steam do not want to allow me play this.I ve tried everything
when you launch it can you see the process in your task manager. Have you tried it with your antivirus disabled. If you are going to reinstall the game do a steam backup of the game first. Then uninstall and remove any pes 2018 folders from your pc (in program files and my documents. You could also just rename them by adding a 1 to the end) then reinstall from backup, run the game and see if it recreates your pes 2018 folder in my documents(this is where the settings are saved)

Played some myCLUB matches. Lvl. 5 it's the one playable for me. It is, indeed, playable, yeah, as weird as it may sound hahaha.

Well, compare the game on PC (on a good PC) and the game on Xbox One... I've tried both the demos, they're like night and day.
The PC version blows the Xbox One version out of the water...
It may not be a "special thing done especially for the PC players" but you can clearly see the difference.

yup, i feel that after playing the witcher 3 + graphic mod and hellblade.. well i can't wait to go home tells another story about the game though..:BSCARF: International cup here i come..

For the people who don't know how to run the settings app (I was the same) I found it here:

C Drive - Program Files (x86) - Steam - Steamapps - Common - PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018 - Settings.exe

I hope this helps.

Wonderful football game, could be the best ever. Very happy with what Konami has delivered this year. The visuals are gorgeous, especially in 4k. Great to see a wealth of graphics options at last.

I've paid very little attention to the build-up to PES this year. All I knew was we were getting a proper 'next-gen' PES on the PC at last. Strangely, I was quite excited for PES2018 despite (and because of) not following the pre-release hype.

Feels like the good times are back again for the PES franchise.

So... has anyone died because the Servers and Live Update didn't work yesterday?. Apparently not. Apparently everyone has already forgotten about their very deep hate for Konami and decided it's all good now, because we got the servers up. Cool.
See? I was right. Patience is a virtue.

Am I the only one noticing that we finally have analog acceleration? :BLINK:

Player's pace is controlled by how much you hold down the analog stick. There's now more movement than just jogging and sprinting

They mentioned this right from the start, when the first interviews and preview about the game started to come out, and people who tested it talked about it. One of the things I was really looking forward the most. Controlling pace. Different types of pace/speeds.

Last edited:
3 little annoyances that could be bettered. They could actually make this game perfect for me. Really perfect:

-Too many back-heel passes. I don't like that if I have the ball with a player and the AI is starting to pressure me, if I can only find a clear pass to a team-mate that's behind me, they always do that back-heel pass. It doesn't happen that often in real life and it certainly shouldn't be performed by all players. They should come up with some other animation for that.

-Need better cameras. I know they keep the Zoom and Height customization limited in order to prevent the performance loss (FPS loss), but I really need some more zooming out. FAN VIEW is WAY too far away, but the rest of the cameras are too close for me. And there's almost no angles. I hope the awesome Master @juce and @nesa24 can do something about cameras soon enough. Before I die.

-And of course.... more fouls. A lot more.

The rest is just so unbelievably good.

I realized that the less you press/hold the sprint button, the better the game becomes.
If you use it wisely and at the right times, like a player would do in real life, the games are much more rich in content.

During the first 15 games I was using the sprint button too much. I wasn't consciously doing it, but I was doing it. I guess I wanted to see if the catch-up bug was still there after so many years. Or I wanted to test how the best players reacted. But now that I'm more comfortable playing the new game, I realized I don't really need to sprint that much and the game suddenly became even better.

Last edited:
Played a demo for few hours today. Besides all the bling bling, especially with motion blur and ambient occlusion, strip that away and I see only excellent improvement in replays, those are very good. Few games on regular then top pro and I saw no difficulty beating Barca with Inter and Borussia. Scored x2 free kicks from left and right wing both at around 30m range, one with Perisic at Inter vs Barca, other with Ozil at Germany vs Brazil. Free kicks are weird btw.

hey guys someone can help me plz? sometimes during the match appear black screen! if i pres alt + tab fix this situation.. could someone help me?

Played a demo for few hours today. Besides all the bling bling, especially with motion blur and ambient occlusion, strip that away and I see only excellent improvement in replays, those are very good.

What do you mean?.
As if... the ONLY improvements you see are in replays (AND the bling-bling)?. Or have I misunderstood you mate?.

hey guys someone can help me plz? sometimes during the match appear black screen! if i pres alt + tab fix this situation.. could someone help me?

Graphics card? Monitor?

That sounds like Your monitor is losing signal for a second or two.
Are You on pc or laptop and do You have higher running temperature?

Definitely agree with Chuny about Camera angles, can't wait for a camera tool to free us of this Slider oppression!

By the way, how do I set the DSR my PES without having to change my desktop resolution everytime? Think I saw post how pages ago but can't find it now.

What do you mean?.
As if... the ONLY improvements you see are in replays (AND the bling-bling)?. Or have I misunderstood you mate?.
Yup imo only graphics and replays + mini things like players' breath, water splash during tackles in rain mode, crowds in stadiums, stadiums as well. I do not find gamelay any challenging atm. And I ment depth of field not ao btw. Don't know why I confused those two.

Graphics card? Monitor?

That sounds like Your monitor is losing signal for a second or two.
Are You on pc or laptop and do You have higher running temperature?

Drivers problem maybe?
Monitor's Refresh rate?
Energy-saving options?.

If I were you I would start bychecking if the screen refresh rate and your graphics card control panel are all correctly set up. Then, I would go to Windows control panel, and check the energy saving options. Make sure everything is set to give you the best performance.
Finally I would try uninstalling my graphics card driver and installing it again- Not just reinstall the drivers, but actually uninstalling them and installing them. You can Google how to do that.

What I always find somewhat amusing about these kind of problems people post is the little-to-no extra information they provide. No system specs, no telling how long does it happen for, they don't say if it happened in previous PES versions, if it happens under any other circumstances.

I would never do that when asking for help.

They mentioned this right from the start, when the first interviews and preview about the game started to come out, and people who tested it talked about it. One of the things I was really looking forward the most. Controlling pace. Different types of pace/speeds.

I know it has been talked only a little bit about it and I thought they were referring to more animations more than anything. But anyway, it feels great :)

Back
Top Bottom