PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

someone with a twitter account could spam to Adam Bhatti or to the official PES account untill they don't answer to this question?

any news about the minimum system requirements and the reccomended ones?

Last edited:
Eh? They're there
Yeah, they're there. They're barely visible during night matches but they're there. What I hope for is that they bring them in also during daytime matches, like it happens in PES 2017 PS4 and Xbox One, but I think it'll finally be the case.

someone with a twitter account could spam to Adam Bhatti or to the official PES account untill they don't answer to this question?

Bhatti will block, and official PES acc maybe will say "wait for news" (Gamescon probably)

I think minimum system requirements will be close to MGS 5, or something like that :

d003619a_o.jpeg

I think minimum system requirements will be close to MGS 5, or something like that :

d003619a_o.jpeg

This would be massive for many PES fans. :CALM:
I mean these are the specs required to play FIFA aswell, but FIFA has many more licenses.
An important reason why people play PES is that the game doesn't require a Next-Gen PC like FIFA does.

I mean these are the specs required to play FIFA aswell, but FIFA has many more licenses.
An important reason why people play PES is that the game doesn't require a Next-Gen PC like FIFA does.

Every year we want that the PC version is on the same level like the consoles. We know the power of the consoles. So to have this experience we must have a decent PC.

I want to remind you that these are my predictions :) They are not official, but I'm curious to see to what extent I will recognise them.
Logically, if the PC version will uses the full power of the FOX engine, these specifications must be close to the official.

Every year we want that the PC version is on the same level like the consoles. We know the power of the consoles. So to have this experience we must have a decent PC.

" Every year " perhaps you have in mind just the past 3 years, not exactly "every year ". Previously, the PC version always was better than the console, and hardly any of us back then, wanted the PC version to be the same as console , .

Last edited:

A NextGen game requires a NextGen PC, as easy as that.

I'm fine with specs like these. ;)

" Every year " Perhaps you have in mind the past 3 years. Previously, the PC version always was better than the console, and hardly any of us wanted the PC version to be the same console , back then .

You're right mate but these three years felt much longer. :D I only want to say that if we want to have the best version that we couldn't expect the same requirements then this year.

Last edited:

I want to remind you that these are my predictions :) They are not official, but I'm curious to see to what extent I will recognise them.
Logically, if the PC version will uses the full power of the FOX engine, these specifications must be close to the official.

I'm fine with specs like these. ;)

Haha, I'm sorry but I don't see the PC version of PES 2018 at the same level as MGS5. Bhatti said that they are still learning about the FOX Engine and they have tons of problems to adapt it to a football game and it won't be at the same level as the Fox Engine used in MGS5.

I still don't believe that PES 2018 will be a NextGen Game. It will be improved in certain aspects of graphics, but it will just a bit better than PES 2017. They haven't presented/showed/confirmed anything of the graphics on PC until now. They just made some screenshots on PS4 version and published them with mention that this will be on PC too.

I have to see something on PC to believe this. Also, I need the specs to be released to really see if it will be a next-gen game.

Haha, I'm sorry but I don't see the PC version of PES 2018 at the same level as MGS5. Bhatti said that they are still learning about the FOX Engine and they have tons of problems to adapt it to a football game and it won't be at the same level as the Fox Engine used in MGS5.

I still don't believe that PES 2018 will be a NextGen Game. It will be improved in certain aspects of graphics, but it will just a bit better than PES 2017. They haven't presented/showed/confirmed anything of the graphics on PC until now. They just made some screenshots on PS4 version and published them with mention that this will be on PC too.

I have to see something on PC to believe this. Also, I need the specs to be released to really see if it will be a next-gen game.

Antonio León already played PES 2018 on PC in the E3 and told me looks better than PS4.

There was a tweet from a official account of PES saying thanks to Nvidia for the help on E3.

Antonio León already played PES 2018 on PC in the E3 and told me looks better than PS4.

There was a tweet from a official account of PES saying thanks to Nvidia for the help on E3.

Visual confirmation of that ? Screenshot or video or smth ?
I also saw Asim tweeting a pic saying he's playing the PC version with a Game Case of Xbox One - wtf dude.

It looks more natural than in older PES games, but... Isn't it too loose? Hopefully we'll have the chance to choose its tightness like we can do in FIFA, it would be a pretty little addition. :)

I like it as loose as possible :D but I agree, also wanted to see the net options like in FIFA for a long time now

Need I remind you that there's no such thing as "generations" for PC?

Visual confirmation of that ? Screenshot or video or smth ?
I also saw Asim tweeting a pic saying he's playing the PC version with a Game Case of Xbox One - wtf dude.

Maybe can play the Xbox One game on Windows 10. :LOL:

You will not need a high end PC to run this game.

They said the same about FIFA, and my PC gets 140FPS @4K.
Well, your PC is really high end... I'd expect the system requirements of PES 2018 to be higher than those of FIFA 17. A high end PC is probably not going to be needed, but a medium end PC.

I
Need I remind you that there's no such thing as "generations" for PC?

There is a thing called generations in PC.

A certain cards can only play Ps3 generation games. For Ps4 generation games, we need new generation cards.

They can mostly be classified according to their support of DirectX API. Current gen cards must aupport Dx11, thus able to run Ps4 and Xbonr ports.

A 8800 GTX can't run next gen games.

So there is a thing called generations. Else I would still use my 3DFX Voodoo GPU.

There is a thing called generations in PC.
A certain cards can only play Ps3 generation games. For Ps4 generation games, we need new generation cards.
They can mostly be classified according to their support of DirectX API. Current gen cards must aupport Dx11, thus able to run Ps4 and Xbonr ports.
A 8800 GTX can't run next gen games.
So there is a thing called generations. Else I would still use my 3DFX Voodoo GPU.

That's why I want to see the PC System Requirements. If the game needs at minimum a Dx11 Video Card, then yeah, the game will the the Next-Gen we want, otherwise it will be the same.

Joker, the game will be CurrentGen (PS4 Pro level). Trust me bro. I'll give you my car if it isn't.

At this point I'm pretty Its next gen.

But when they said the game wont be locked to any particular framerate, the never mentioned about the cutscenes specifically. We are possibly getting 30 fps cutacenes with unlocked fps gameplay.

At this point I'm pretty Its next gen.

But when they said the game wont be locked to any particular framerate, the never mentioned about the cutscenes specifically. We are possibly getting 30 fps cutacenes with unlocked fps gameplay.

But it still means it's NextGen. One thing doesn't take the other away.

Not really. DirectX 11 (what you'd define "current gen") got released in 2009, while the current-gen consoles are from 2013 if I don't go wrong.

When you talk about PC you don't talk generations, you talk tiers. Enthusiast, high, mid, low, entry level... They're tiers more than generations to me (I mean, my 8 years old i7 CPU can easily do some duties better than a 2017 Pentium CPU... That's why generations don't really exist in my opinion).
For example I can play FIFA 17 without any problem even if my CPU has been released in 2008 and bought in late 2009, even if my video card is a mid-range 2013 one, even if I only have DDR3 RAM... You would say my PC is old-gen yet it can handle a next-gen game like FIFA 17 (and 16, and 15 for that matter).

Back
Top Bottom