PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

I hope there is a low, medium, high graphics setting. Thing with console being inferior to a lot of PCs with their graphic prowess should be taken with the context that console editions are optimized for that single piece of hardware, when it comes to PCs it usually isn't because there are too many hardware combinations. That's one reason why my PC would play Crysis fine but PES 17 will make it hot at times.

They haven't presented/showed/confirmed anything of the graphics on PC until now. They just made some screenshots on PS4 version and published them with mention that this will be on PC too.

I have to see something on PC to believe this. Also, I need the specs to be released to really see if it will be a next-gen game.

A big German gaming site ("PCGames") has already played PES 2018 on PC and they also say that the PC version is the best version. (slightly better than PS4)

There is a thing called generations in PC.

A certain cards can only play Ps3 generation games. For Ps4 generation games, we need new generation cards.

They can mostly be classified according to their support of DirectX API. Current gen cards must aupport Dx11, thus able to run Ps4 and Xbonr ports.

A 8800 GTX can't run next gen games.

So there is a thing called generations. Else I would still use my 3DFX Voodoo GPU.
That's generations of GPUs, you can't categorise PCs like you do consoles, that was my point.

Not really. DirectX 11 (what you'd define "current gen") got released in 2009, while the current-gen consoles are from 2013 if I don't go wrong.

When you talk about PC you don't talk generations, you talk tiers. Enthusiast, high, mid, low, entry level... They're tiers more than generations to me (I mean, my 8 years old i7 CPU can easily do some duties better than a 2017 Pentium CPU... That's why generations don't really exist in my opinion).
For example I can play FIFA 17 without any problem even if my CPU has been released in 2008 and bought in late 2009, even if my video card is a mid-range 2013 one, even if I only have DDR3 RAM... You would say my PC is old-gen yet it can handle a next-gen game like FIFA 17 (and 16, and 15 for that matter).

Perfectly said! :TU:

Not really. DirectX 11 (what you'd define "current gen") got released in 2009, while the current-gen consoles are from 2013 if I don't go wrong.

When you talk about PC you don't talk generations, you talk tiers. Enthusiast, high, mid, low, entry level... They're tiers more than generations to me (I mean, my 8 years old i7 CPU can easily do some duties better than a 2017 Pentium CPU... That's why generations don't really exist in my opinion).
For example I can play FIFA 17 without any problem even if my CPU has been released in 2008 and bought in late 2009, even if my video card is a mid-range 2013 one, even if I only have DDR3 RAM... You would say my PC is old-gen yet it can handle a next-gen game like FIFA 17 (and 16, and 15 for that matter).

Yes you are right BUT, Developers need to consider a wide range of Specs. That's why your PC can play PES and FIFA with no problem.

What bothers me is the lack of options in football games to set the graphics level. It's just Low, Medium or High (and sometimes Ultra). When you should be able to set FXAA or SMAA, DOF, SHADOWS, LIGHTING, etc, etc, etc.
What this does is limit those who actually could take the level to a higher level of graphics just to include some more people with lower specs. Those people should have the option to have an incredible graphic experience, as well as the people with an old computer should have the option to have a basic one.

Unfortunately sometimes you just have to make the cut and say ''This part of the cake will be left out from now on". Can't please everybody.

What bothers me is the lack of options in football games to set the graphics level. It's just Low, Medium or High (and sometimes Ultra). When you should be able to set FXAA or SMAA, DOF, SHADOWS, LIGHTING, etc, etc, etc.
This has been a gripe of mine for a huge time too. Other games (racing games for example) have the chance to edit cars/bikes/riders detail level, some Milestone games also give you the chance to use standard or low-res textures, track detail, crowd geometry (2D or 3D)... I don't see whi football games can't.

I would be happy with some "advanced" options that let us choose whether to enable 3d grass or not, or water reflections, and such... This would add a lot to the scalability of the game.

But it still means it's NextGen. One thing doesn't take the other away.

I know.

My point was, I'm worried about framerates of the cutscenes. But hopefully it will be fixed with next game (if its even there in the first place).

But hey, I would gladly take 30fps high graphics cutscenes instead of 120fps pes 06 lookin graphics.

Well, its more or less the same thing. You just explained elaborately :)

Agreed with you. I mean there is sone generation/tier difference on PC. Its just not that simple due to super variable hardwares.

Nah, I don't want to fiddle with lots of option. Just ensure the product is at least on par with it's counter-part both quality and performance - wise. At they are porting the PS4 / Xbox ONE version this time around. This is not supposed to be some ground-breaking graphics engine or tech demo.

I know.

My point was, I'm worried about framerates of the cutscenes. But hopefully it will be fixed with next game (if its even there in the first place).

But hey, I would gladly take 30fps high graphics cutscenes instead of 120fps pes 06 lookin graphics.

Well, its more or less the same thing. You just explained elaborately :)

Agreed with you. I mean there is sone generation/tier difference on PC. Its just not that simple due to super variable hardwares.

Don't you start skipping cutscenes after you've seen them all anyways?.

Not all. I always love watching the goal celebrations. I also see the player entrance and cutscenes during half time and match ending.

But I do skip replays.

During cutscenes, I take some rest to keep my hands alive.

If I skipped cutscenes, I wouldnt want a next gen port to begin with.

Hardly. They add to the sense of immersion, at least sort of. I've been replaying PES 2014 for all the evening (just for the sake of it) and they did add a lot to the atmosphere honestly.

Nah, I don't want to fiddle with lots of option. Just ensure the product is at least on par with it's counter-part both quality and performance - wise.
Well, that's the problem.
For many PCs, either the game is on par with the PS4 Pro version graphically or it's on par with the PS4 Pro version in terms of performance.
That's why PC should have options deeper than the mere "high/mid/low graphic detail" switch we've all grown used to.

Consider that you have to find the right balance between "how goods it looks" and "how fast it runs" once, it's nothing you should continuously be fiddling about.

And then, they could provide both the "simple" high/mid/low switch with preset settings and an "advanced settings" panel to fine tune those settings, which users would be free to ignore after all...

Having advanced option wont make ut hard for casual users anyway.

Because most games yave pre determined graphical presets.

Having seperate custom settings for the following would be great:

*LOD: Havin the ability to have max LODs during gameplay even with medium settings will be helpful for many users. Or lowering down LODs to improve performance.

*Ambient Occlusion: This is the setting that bothers me most. SSAO is just garbage most of the time. The way it adds black bloom looks unreal.

I always turn SSAO off in any game. We should have the option to diaable it, or have better AO that doesn't add black bloom where its not supposed to be.

*3D grass: Turning it On/ Off.

Also, having a threshold setting for the draw distance of 3D grass would be useful.

*Crowds: Crowd LODs and ability to turn it off completely will help low spec PCs.

*Resolution: If we can set any resolution thats supported by our GPU, then it will be great. Just like FiFA.

Also, 640x480 should still be supported because Intel HD GPUs will benefit from it. Especially without sabotaging the other graphical details completely.

*Shadows: Simple settings for shadow quality would be enough.

*Frame rate:
No limit for FPS.
Lock to refresh rate.
Lock to half of refresh rate.
Lock to refresh rate/ half of refresh during cutscenes.

^Above options should make it easy to have smooth gameplay and a polish cutscenes at half fps. Or play everything including cutscenes at high fps.

Vsync: On and off, and adaptive vsync.

To be honest, there isn't much settings required for PES. Having few of those will make it easier for people bot wanting to drop everything to medium or low.

also a features to disable first session of transfer market could be more realistic
This is something I have thought about for a long time, FIFA does it but still it's not optimal. The optimal options should be:
  • Previous season's rosters: we should be able to start a new Master League with the 2017/18 league structure (for example Parma, Foggia and Cremonese in Serie B) but using the latest PES 2017 rosters as a starting point, so we could have the summer transfer window happen in the ML.
    Imagine you start the ML in June, at the very beginning of the season: it's unrealistic to have the summer transfers already in...
  • Current season's rosters
    One should be able to start the ML with the initial database with all the summer transfers included and then decide whether he would like to have the first transfer window enabled or disabled.
  • February rosters
    Of course, after the winder transfer window. One should not be able to start an ML with these rosters, by selecting these rosters one would be forced to start the ML at the last day of the winder transfer window (with correct league tables and cup ties if possible).
  • "Real life Snapshot" (a.k.a. latest rosters and current league tables).
    When starting a ML, we should be able to select the latest available Live Update.
    Upon selecting the latest available Live Update, we should be given the chance to start the ML from the current date (and not from the beginning of the season) using the current league tables.
    Imagine how good/challenging would be starting for example in March with Foggia, with 10 matches left in the schedule and being five points shy of a safe spot, and having to avoid relegation...

totally agree,
we should also have the choice to switch between two regen database, one based over a random seed generation and another that use the reborn players (i don't think is a great trouble for the konami)
maybe someone have yet pointed that

I'd like just the new regen database one day in PES, reborn star players could have their "son" or something similar in game, aka Ronaldo jr, Kante jr, Buffon II etc.
Taking a look at how NBA does it's 2k series, and 2k17 game as a good example, it's MyLeague is something i'd like of our PES's master league! Especially how well before each season, a certain number of young players are randomly generated

A site here at the Brazil also tested the game on "E3" on the computer (PC) and confirmed to be even slightly superior in graphics and with identical gameplay.

http://www.ultimaficha.com.br/2017/...-qualidade-jogamos-e-destacamos-as-novidades/

Part of the text reads like this:
In fact, for speaking in PC, we have an incredible news: the version of computer of FEET 2018 finally is identical to the one of consoles. After MANY critics in the year passed due to the port badly done for PC, Konami decided to invest more in that area and it programmed the game that we waited there is a long time. Besides, as well as in many other games, the version of PC maybe is to more beautiful in the screen of his/her monitor, since the title will bring support to 4K and plates more faces of the market. In the tests that I did, it was possible of noticing the improvement clearly when playing in PC (as well as in any other game) for the simple fact that the computer was more powerful than PS4 that they had in E3. The jogabilidade is the same, but the effects were more beautiful. Besides, 60 frames a second it will always be an eye drops for

Except for Ramos (which seems to be impossible for both EA and Konami, I wish they would learn from the face makers of the community which do an outstanding job) the rest looks superb.

Except for Ramos (which seems to be impossible for both EA and Konami, I wish they would learn from the face makers of the community which do an outstanding job) the rest looks superb.

Seriously? There isnt one Ramos thats better as a whole package(considering face , hair, ears, eyes etc...)
They make much better faces then the community(Since about pes16)

On the other Hand, with the Tools they have thats not surprising:D

Seriously? There isnt one Ramos thats better as a whole package(considering face , hair, ears, eyes etc...)

I beg to differ.
I've seen faces/hair for Ramos that are 2 times better than that one. But that's my opinion.

Totally agree...ramos is superb...amazing faces from konami i think

Back
Top Bottom