PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Well of course, if you were to make a list of all the features from one game and the other, FIFA definetely has the whole package. It's just a professional work, from a #1 company.

But if we were to discuss which one represents professional football at its best... that would be a tougher discussion. And agian, down to personal tastes.

While I was watching the Twitch thing and really liking what I was seeing (a lot) I decided to not watch any videos from PES 2018 anymore. I will wait until the release.
I want it to be a full susprise. Want to feel every animation like I never saw it before. That won't be possible if I watch every single video they put, because you get familiar with it from watching it over and over again, so when you finally pick up the game, it will feel new but you will notice you actually saw most of the moves so they don't surprise you anymore.

Back in the days, I mean way back, all we could know from the next WE or PES was from a small text on a magazine. Nothing else. So everything felt awesome when playing the new version for the first time.

Bhatti said something a partnership announcement which will affect US. What could that be ?
I wonder what version of PES was there on the screen. If it was the PC version ... damn :BOUNCE: !

Bhatti said something a partnership announcement which will affect US. What could that be ?
I wonder what version of PES was there on the screen. If it was the PC version ... damn :BOUNCE: !
Might be the partnership with Nvidia, like he said last night. Hope that won't affect us the way it affected other games.. :COAT:

Might be the partnership with Nvidia, like he said last night. Hope that won't affect us the way it affected other games.. :COAT:

He mentioned the partnership with Nvidia and right after that he was talking about AC Milan as his favourite team (I think), also about a new partnership which will be announced after E3. He started blabla-ing he can't say more about it but this partnership will affect/interfere with the US.

P.S.: US = United Stated.

A few minutes ago, Bhatti said something like they are PES partners at E3 helping them with all the tech and ensuring top graphic quality.

Impressions of the video gameplay (after viewing two matches) by PES Russia

8187c362f5a8.jpg

+ Physical contact has become more diverse
+ Changed the physics of the ball
+ More realistic player models
+ Nice looking graphics
+ The mimicry of players looks more realistic
+ The video feels that the response is good (this is confirmed by the playtesters themselves)
+ Goalkeeper has no complaints
+ It is noticed that the ball at a blow can fall from the foot
+ The game has become something like FIFA
+ Players have become more agile, but ..

- .. movements of players are too fast, fussy (jerky)
- not enough small connecting animations for more smooth movements

- physical contact sometimes looks ridiculous
- the landing place of the ball
- the color of TV-popps will not change, as in PES 6
- stop frames the end of replays remained
- players sometimes perfectly stop the ball
- the ball sometimes loses inertia, abruptly at the same time remaining in motion and magnetized to the player;
The physics of the ball still needs improvement (in general)
- replays still lack efficiency
- the game has become something like FIFA

Addition/Concretization:
+ More animations, they became smoother (in comparison with PES 2017)
+ Added slow-mo in replays
+ The pace of the game is good (despite the reactive movement of the players), due to the smoothness of the animation and the physics of the ball

- the movement of the ball feels somewhat restrained (loss of inertia)
- the ball sometimes unnaturally accelerates (differs from the speed of the animation of the passes/shots)

- the movements of the players are too fast (pay attention to this), greatly differ with the speed of movement of the ball
- camera movements are somewhat harsh (could be smoother)
- very few fouls after physical contact

One nuance - we see the same thing on the video that see playtesters on the monitor screen with a joystick in hand. Do not deceive yourself.

He mentioned the partnership with Nvidia and right after that he was talking about AC Milan as his favourite team (I think), also about a new partnership which will be announced after E3. He started blabla-ing he can't say more about it but this partnership will affect/interfere with the US.

P.S.: US = United Stated.
I see, thanks for clarifying

oh man. This video is totally diferent to other showed, WTF, the pace, animations, everything, impressive. Maybe 60fps shows better the reality of how smooth, animations and all. Thanks for link it mate.

Crowd looks great, finally more variety in there as well

PS: I hope the cutscenes won't be blurry and locked at 30fps like on consoles

The German gaming site PCGames could test the game for PC on E3 and they say this:

"Die PC-Version liegt etwas über PS4-Niveau. Im direkten Vergleich schaut PES 2018 auf dem PC am schönsten aus - und läuft am flüssigsten."

Translation: "The PC version is a little bit better than the PS4 version. Compared PES 2018 looks the best on PC and it's the most smooth version."

PCGames

The German gaming site PCGames could test the game for PC on E3 and they say this:

"Die PC-Version liegt etwas über PS4-Niveau. Im direkten Vergleich schaut PES 2018 auf dem PC am schönsten aus - und läuft am flüssigsten."

Translation: "The PC version is a little bit better than the PS4 version. Compared PES 2018 looks the best on PC and it's the most smooth version."

PCGames
Nice one, cheers! Incredible what the end of their partnership with Sony means for us, we finally get what we should've gotten since 2014, a proper port, the best version of this game. I remember being called a conspiracy theorist for saying this a while back..

Nice one, cheers! Incredible what the end of their partnership with Sony means for us, we finally get what we should've gotten since 2014, a proper port, the best version of this game. I remember being called a conspiracy theorist for saying this a while back..

Exactly.
$ony, go put your money somewhere else and don't come back.

Are you sure the matches presented in the Live Sessions from E3 were with the PC version ? :)
Last night they were playing on PS4.

Crowd looks great, finally more variety in there as well

PS: I hope the cutscenes won't be blurry and locked at 30fps like on consoles

The cutscenes will most probably be locked at 30 FPS unless they actually changed it for PC instead of porting it.

Back
Top Bottom