PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

No, we did not and do not decline anything, that would be pretty stupid. We've had members of our staff attend those invitations wayyy in the past, Mart has been to some, as far as I can remember, and I think Lami (?), too. I, for one, can't make those since I'm living in Hamburg. Which is kind of the problem: Those events are usually held in London and we'd have to pay for everything (travel, accommodation) ourselves. Since we aren't an officially sponsored site and have families and jobs and stuff, following those invitations isn't exactly an easy thing for us.

ok i get it.
thanks for the response.:COOL:

Actually, we haven't been blessed by Konami's love since we've introduced Adam Bhatti to our hammer, truth be told.
We did?!

I remember his days as "Adonis" (God complex, what God complex?!) but I don't remember him getting banned.

What did he do?!

No, we did not and do not decline anything, that would be pretty stupid. We've had members of our staff attend those invitations wayyy in the past, Mart has been to some, as far as I can remember, and I think Lami (?), too. I, for one, can't make those since I'm living in Hamburg. Which is kind of the problem: Those events are usually held in London and we'd have to pay for everything (travel, accommodation) ourselves. Since we aren't an officially sponsored site and have families and jobs and stuff, following those invitations isn't exactly an easy thing for us.
Well, Gamescom is in Germany. Maybe something for you to do under the flag of Evo-Web ? ;)

Adam had numerous accounts on here after we've banned him for the first time. He wasn't officially with Konami back then, though. He's been banned for straight up making things up he's allegedly been told by "contacts".

He's made several comebacks which usually went like this:

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1354600&postcount=13

Or this:

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=1873259&postcount=66

Guy's a nutcase.

wow, reading back those threads, it really is mad. I know Adam does get quite a bit of undeserved abuse, but you can see why some people really, really dislike him. the stuff about the ubisoft football game amde me laugh :D

going back to the PES2008 stuff (i wasn't on any PES community at that time), i wonder if he really did get duff info or if it's just been made up nonsense from the start

Well, Gamescom is in Germany. Maybe something for you to do under the flag of Evo-Web ? ;)

Actually, I'm going to attend the Gamescom for work-related things anyway. I'll see what I can do but my schedule is supposed to be prrretty tight, unfortunately :( :)

wow, reading back those threads, it really is mad. I know Adam does get quite a bit of undeserved abuse, but you can see why some people really, really dislike him. the stuff about the ubisoft football game amde me laugh :D

going back to the PES2008 stuff (i wasn't on any PES community at that time), i wonder if he really did get duff info or if it's just been made up nonsense from the start

Indeed, that second thread is kind of a "Best of Adam Bhatti" collection rolled into one thread.

Actually, I'm going to attend the Gamescom for work-related things anyway. I'll see what I can do but my schedule is supposed to be prrretty tight, unfortunately :( :)

Hmmm... okay... then make sure you play the media version of PES, because that one over the years is the more extended version :COOL:

but from what I read it may no be licensed...

They said the same thing about Real Madrid two years ago. It depends, the negotiation might have to go one on one with the club itself. Just like with Bayern deal. Nothing is official until Gamescom or maybe this week we hear some news.

Adam had numerous accounts on here after we've banned him for the first time. He wasn't officially with Konami back then, though. He's been banned for straight up making things up he's allegedly been told by "contacts".

Or this:

Guy's a nutcase.

I sort of sympathize with him.
In 2008 most people who "defended" Konami were seen as idiots...years before that i got stick because i wasn't anti EA (loved the SSX games and still do). In 2008 and later, if you didn't like FIFA you were considered an idiot.

Most likely, he deserved to be banned, but i don't see anything wrong with the two posts you gave as an example.
If all the people that called me an idiot would have been banned...
That period was a miserably one on this forum and lots of oldtimers left the forums then.

Or this:

Guy's a nutcase.

That second thread though , LOL..

Adam : you guys are really nice people,

3 posts later: To me you're all disgusting people. This forum can be very nasty sometimes.

WTF :LMAO::LMAO:

Last edited:
I sort of sympathize with him.
In 2008 most people who "defended" Konami were seen as idiots...years before that i got stick because i wasn't anti EA (loved the SSX games and still do). In 2008 and later, if you didn't like FIFA you were considered an idiot.

Most likely, he deserved to be banned, but i don't see anything wrong with the two posts you gave as an example.
If all the people that called me an idiot would have been banned...
That period was a miserably one on this forum and lots of oldtimers left the forums then.

Come on Gerdy Gerdman, talking about yourself in third person with a fake account which is supposed to impersonate a different person is as nutjobby as it gets. And being one of the founders of this site? Seriously, I don't even have words, everything about him here was bonkers. Always been.

Anyway, I didn't even mean to open that old can of tuna. Memories got the better of me for a few minutes :)

Modern football can,excuse the language,fuck off.
EA and greedy clubs making exclusive deals to block any other producers and companies making good games.
This should be up different leagues to cash in on,and should be sold to more than one company.
You have NBA live and NBA 2k,before that NHL and NHL2k.
And the best games survives,should be up to us consumers.
Don't support that shit

Modern football can,excuse the language,fuck off.
EA and greedy clubs making exclusive deals to block any other producers and companies making good games.
This should be up different leagues to cash in on,and should be sold to more than one company.
You have NBA live and NBA 2k,before that NHL and NHL2k.
And the best games survives,should be up to us consumers.
Don't support that shit

To be honest i still prefer the actual football scenario since we still have 2 good games, in NBA and NHL there´s only one option and the death of the competitors had nothing to do with licenses exclusivity. I think Konami is right to try to fight back the war licenses with EA because both will loose that way, and maybe both realise that this war is complete stupid and will only make clubs and leagues more and more greedy and trying to get even more money from both EA and Konami.

To be honest i still prefer the actual football scenario since we still have 2 good games, in NBA and NHL there´s only one option and the death of the competitors had nothing to do with licenses exclusivity. I think Konami is right to try to fight back the war licenses with EA because both will loose that way, and maybe both realise that this war is complete stupid and will only make clubs and leagues more and more greedy and trying to get even more money from both EA and Konami.

:TU:

Fight fire with fire. It's wrong but it's the only way.

I remember an interview or podcast where good ole John Murphy was talking about the Mafia like way EA get licenses and the wheeling and dealing that goes on. It sounded pretty underhanded but alls fair in love and war I suppose.

Understand what you're saying,but how will FIFA and PES not be better if they both could have fully licensed games,then it will be down to what you like,or down to which is the best game at the end of the day?
Buying a licence for the highest bid doesn't get the game good,just keeps the competition out of the race.
I still believe PES is better than FIFA ,how many would play FIFA if Konami would have all the licences from 07 and up until now?
And that would probably make both companies try to develop the BEST GAME.
Every year we get minor tweaks from a fully licensed product,and a company trying to keep up with nearly no licenses.
But yeah,understand what you're saying,but don't agree

Understand what you're saying,but how will FIFA and PES not be better if they both could have fully licensed games,then it will be down to what you like,or down to which is the best game at the end of the day?
Buying a licence for the highest bid doesn't get the game good,just keeps the competition out of the race.
I still believe PES is better than FIFA ,how many would play FIFA if Konami would have all the licences from 07 and up until now?
And that would probably make both companies try to develop the BEST GAME.
Every year we get minor tweaks from a fully licensed product,and a company trying to keep up with nearly no licenses.
But yeah,understand what you're saying,but don't agree
They will be better that way, of course, but in order for we have this scenario you're describing BOTH need to realise that war for exclusive licenses is very harmful for the development of the game. Unfortunately i don't see it happen until EA is somehow hit by konami, a good strike would be the rumor of a PES exclusive deal with Italian league in the same modes of Premier League. Remember that edit mode in fifa is pure crap and that way it would hurt them a lot more than konami is hurted with Premier League deal with EA.

They will be better that way, of course, but in order for we have this scenario you're describing BOTH need to realise that war for exclusive licenses is very harmful for the development of the game. Unfortunately i don't see it happen until EA is somehow hit by konami, a good strike would be the rumor of a PES exclusive deal with Italian league in the same modes of Premier League. Remember that edit mode in fifa is pure crap and that way it would hurt them a lot more than konami is hurted with Premier League deal with EA.
Yeah,I understand and agree,and a Serie A-B exclusive would be amazing.
Hopefully we'll see that in 18 and onwards,wouldn't mind it,since my ML always is based in Italy.
There's a reason why South Park is considering EA to be "the most evil company" in the word:)

God it rubs me up the wrong way reading Asim's tweets to Dudu. Arsey, needless little comments like 'not sad at all', or 'you should do your research', amongst the other stuff. Pointless and waspish to someone who was being so polite. I've seen people say far more innocuous things to them and get completely shut down for being 'rude'.

Last edited:
PES 2017 is looking really impressive. Its like a PES 5 revamp. This game will be heavily based around buildup.

Its look and feel is like last year but slowed right down and the defence is more powerful than offence.

I was impressed with what i saw. Good videos to come after the embargo.

PES 2017 is looking really impressive. Its like a PES 5 revamp. This game will be heavily based around buildup.

Its look and feel is like last year but slowed right down and the defence is more powerful than offence.

I was impressed with what i saw. Good videos to come after the embargo.

:APPLAUD::TU: that sounds fantastic

Back
Top Bottom