PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Is the game out on September 15th?

If so thats 5 weeks away. Demo must be out surely?

For what its worth in the PES17 thread I downloaded the PES16 free version on Sunday and played it last night for a few hours. No idea why but I really enjoyed playing the exhibition matches. No idea why when the game isnt fully installed you can use Barcelona but not when game is completely installed?

I think Im enjoying it as I was really disapointed with PES16 when I first bought it and probably got rid too quickly. I was also fed up with the way the option files were installed. Glad the old way is back.

Ill get PES17 this year and really give it a go before making mind up early.
i did download the pes2016 demo from the store 2 weeks ago too! but the same niggles that forced me to sell it this january forced me to quit playing it again. there is something missing and some stuff too anoying for me!

anyway... ill give it a go just before the 2017 demo hits. just to compare. lets see... fingers crossed its released during gamescom or shortly after.

I live in Europe and plan on getting the US version, that is released two days earlier. Does anyone know if I will be able to play online versus people fron Europe or is it locked to US?

The demo date will be announced at Gamescom (so this weekend) - I'm hoping what will actually happen is they'll say "surprise, the demo is out now!" Or at least next week.

I have been hoping for this as well. Didn't want to say it in case I start a vicious rumour :D

i did download the pes2016 demo from the store 2 weeks ago too! but the same niggles that forced me to sell it this january forced me to quit playing it again. there is something missing and some stuff too anoying for me!

anyway... ill give it a go just before the 2017 demo hits. just to compare. lets see... fingers crossed its released during gamescom or shortly after.

Demos aren't patched PES 2016 is quite different now.

Last edited:
I have been hoping for this as well. Didn't want to say it in case I start a vicious rumour :D

Demos aren't patched PES 2016 is quite different now.

Comparing Vanilla 16 Demo vs. Vanilla 17 Demo sounds legit to me!
btw: I did play the patched version of PES2016! My gripes with it still existed...

looking at the above PES17 video Id just like to see a few more "loose" balls.
For example whenever two players go up for a header the ball always finds someone. Why not have a few that just bounce to no one and into space?
They don't want that; the game is specifically scripted to avoid these situations in order to keep up the pace of the match.

You guys remember the gameplay video on rain I posted before ?

Heres the second hald (part 2)

https://youtu.be/fpFXBZ-dtTM

These guy's videos are the beet so far.

I wonder if Matt still thinks the players move frenetic on the field on those videos. They dont for me.

We cant expect players movement to be 1:1 compared to reality. Its a videogame in the end of the day, in videogames machs need to be more intense and faster than real life for obvious reasons, wich doesnt mean I want crazy fast game that PES 2016 is online as if players were on drugs. And at least on these two gamepkay videos on rain AI movement doesnt look frenetic and crazy.

I think thats not only because pace on rain is better. I think the way players play defensively is what makes the real difference here.

Look the guy playing as France... He doesnt hold second pressure all the time, wich what really makes players move out of position when they shouldnt (and since the cursor is not on him, it makes you think its AI going crazy), neither he sprint with controlled player all the time chasing the ball like crazy, he moves player into position to cover space and keep the team in shape, wich automatically not only makes the pace more realistic and AI movement on the field less frenetic, but it also makes the game more tatical midfield more repevant, as it forces the guy playing as Germany to make lateral passes or even backwards passes. You can see the german guy like to abuse ping pong + 1-2s, but he can not go from a defencento attack just passing forward in a matter of 3 seconds.

We need a game that rewards this (more realistic) defending style (and at the same time, a game that its easy to punish brainless pressure, chasing ball like crazy) if we want the game to play more realistically and more tatical. So far, I dont see this game exist since PES 5 tbh.

These games are hectic. Can't stand them. They're all too quick to turn, pass, and respond. Everything's too instant and perfect.

I'll have to try this on -1 or -2.

I wish, again, there was a global editor for consoles to lower all their speed stats like Matt did for 2016.

This looks horrendous!

It definitely doesn't look as bad as the other videos, so that's good. They are still freaking out a bit, but like you said, the player controlling France defends fairly well. I believe he is managing the freak out animation more than anything though, but if that's how the game is going to be - you better learn now to deal with it.

The value that causes these off the ball freak out moments is none other than the Speed value, at least that's what it is in PES 16.

Look here, I've maxed out all ratings except for lowering Speed, Explosive Power, Balance to the low limit of 40. It just goes to show that the majority of player ratings do not attribute to anything. If there is a good sign, it's that this shows that KONAMI are in-tune with player ID and they let that shine with tactics. If PES 17 comes out with lowering Speed, Explosive Power and Balance - the game will be absolutely top notch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVO9U21DHI

As you can see I'm not forced to manage freak out animations, they are already in position and it's not so hectic.

Overall, that video posted of PES 17 is very promising. I hope to see more P1 v CPU videos to get a solid comparison though. Definitely still optimistic - thanks for thinking of me :) .

That global stats seem to work a bit similar to sliders.

For me at least, its no surprise that the vast majority of pes 2017 gameplay videos dont look as good as they could because people playing it have a very videogame mentality, they are not onto realism at all like we are.

But blaming the way peoples play is not the right thing to do. The ideal is to have a game that forces them relearn how to play it, a game that makes people who abuse making so many first time passes with 1-2 held down giving possession away more essily, a game that punish non stop sprinting/pressure/1-2s with proper staminia and its easy to exploit gaps when your opponent hold down second pressure a lot, taking players out of position.

These games are hectic. Can't stand them. They're all too quick to turn, pass, and respond. Everything's too instant and perfect.

I wish, again, there was a global editor for consoles to lower all their speed stats like Matt did for 2016.

This looks horrendous!

It looks awesome. If you liked PES 2014 a lot then you will never like PES again. People want to have fun not be frustrated.

I tried Pes 16 myclub for the first time , it's unplayable beacsue of constant pressure. How can people enjoy this.. I hope they solve this problem for Pes 17..

This looks horrendous!

I wish there was one for console as well. Because the games I've had on the PES 16 PC have been sublime. The one I posted is a good example of where to start, but that was stage 1 in the process of elimination. Unfortunately my livestream on YT got blocked by UEFA, so I had to delete it to avoid copyright issues with the channel. However, the matches played were simply sublime. Saw some incredible goals as well, not to mention actually rewarding - and that says a lot for PES 16.

The good thing, like I mentioned earlier, is that the modifications to PES17 should not be much at all. A lot of the issues that required global editing in PES 16 seem to be fairly fixed, so there is some definite hope there.

If I had PES17 in hand, right now, I'd edit 2 values and they would be Speed and Explosive Power.

Speed is a useless rating. It doesn't control speed on the ball at all, it controls all the players off the ball. This is the source of the freak-out animation.

Explosive Power is another useless rating. Agility and Mobility is what it is supposed to affect, but all it means is very rapid Acceleration. This is why it feels like ice-skating at times.

Lowering both of these values completely enhances the momentum and inertia of the game. You see much better positioning as well because it lets Attacking and Defensive Prowess to shine, not to mention the Tactics of the team to compliment it. Acceleration of players is so much more realistic, they are not "revving up" like a cartoon, or warping into the animation, there is actual foot planting. Turn of direction/agility is also significant because that is actually controlled by the Dribble value.

This what is under the hood of this FOX engine, I have to give KONAMI credit for it. It plays an absolutely fantastic match, and the thought of PES 17 fixing the majority of the other issues from PES 16 can only lead to good things.

Now then, can someone with some power tell KONAMI this? Remove Speed and Explosive Power = take my money :) .

For me at least, its no surprise that the vast majority of pes 2017 gameplay videos dont look as good as they could because people playing it have a very videogame mentality, they are not onto realism at all like we are.

But blaming the way peoples play is not the right thing to do. The ideal is to have a game that forces them relearn how to play it, a game that makes people who abuse making so many first time passes with 1-2 held down giving possession away more essily, a game that punish non stop sprinting/pressure/1-2s with proper staminia and its easy to exploit gaps when your opponent hold down second pressure a lot, taking players out of position.

They do work like sliders, in a way. FIFA's Sliders are controllers of player ratings, as in true to ratings. You can make a 40 ovr player shoot like a 99 ovr by increasing lowering Shot Error to 0.

However, KONAMI's programming is all under the hood. Player ID is embedded. This is why you can lower all values, or raise all values, and players will still play like they are IRL. This is a huge kudos to KONAMI's attention to detail. I believe the only reason they have a majority of the ratings is for cosmetic purposes to do a basic formula, in order to reach the OVR guideline. Remember PES never used to have OVERALL (OVR) before, oddly enough those days were the best the series had ever played, right?

It looks awesome. If you liked PES 2014 a lot then you will never like PES again. People want to have fun not be frustrated.

You can find a perfect balance of it. The majority of my stream last night was achieving exactly that. I really wish I could have shared it. I'll be streaming on Twitch from here on out to avoid that copyright stuff.

In regards to PES 2014, really was a solid game with the exception of defenders following attackers. This can be remedied a bit though by lowering Shifting to Attack for either team in the tactics. Had some wonky animations such as preference to dribble-dribble first though.

Meh played 2014 on my PS3 a few days ago and it was poo bro. Different strokes I suppose.

Yes, different strokes are definitely true in this case. The proper fundamentals of 14 are achieved much better than they are in 16, with the exception of defenders marking/following players too deep into the box in 14.

really agree with you on that part but i have given up the believe that a company will ever built such a game. don't think it will sell as much as they'd like and they are in the buisness of making money so....
i just try to enjoy the one that resembles my favorite sport the most

Matt, amazing videos. I can't believe it's PES 2016 actually.

What have you changed? Speed and Explosive power to 40 and that's it?

Yes, different strokes are definitely true in this case. The proper fundamentals of 14 are achieved much better than they are in 16, with the exception of defenders marking/following players too deep into the box in 14.

I don't rate 2016 much higher either. But we doing the rounds on old games on the 2017 thread so I dint want to go into details.

Matt, amazing videos. I can't believe it's PES 2016 actually.

What have you changed? Speed and Explosive power to 40 and that's it?

Speed and Explosive Power are the main ones. GK attributes also at 99 to combat the idiotic GK play in 16.

In that video, all ratings were at 99, except for Speed and Explosive power. It was just to show an example of how the game plays so drastically different with just 2 values modified.

I don't rate 2016 much higher either. But we doing the rounds on old games on the 2017 thread so I dint want to go into details.

No worries. I'm a big believer of learning from past games to get the best out of the present. If the impact of ratings/stats are similar in 17 to 16, then that will be great news and something to get hyped about.

This looks horrendous!
Well, evidently the amount of time it takes to turn in FIFA annoys people lol. So instead everyone needs to be able to turn (skate) on a dime, and pass in any direction instantly. Causing it to look like no one has any weight to them.This interpretation of "responsiveness" is arcade-y as hell. Same people who think FIFA 13 and FIFA 15 were the greatest football games ever.

60d9c9c3f4.gif

MATT

Nice vids and really interesting what you've found with the PES 2016 stats. Do you know if you can base copy a player, say Messi, whether the new player inherits his hardcoded player ID? Would he play like Messi regardless of what changes I made to his stats?

No worries if you don't know, I'm just interested. Cheers

(sorry folks, won't make a habit of posting about PES 2016 in this thread)

i'm dying to find out if Juventus, Bayern and Real Madrid will be licensed

also, do we know if editing will be like last year, one import at a time, or if we will be able to DL the whole option file at once like on PS3?

i'm dying to find out if Juventus, Bayern and Real Madrid will be licensed
As long as all the players are in the game it doesn't really matter.
We will be able to create them.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom