PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Absolutely agree with the posts above. It seems these days I'm buying the game out of loyalty more than anything else, and then just working with it in whatever state it's in. The game I played the most in terms of my time involved in it of the last few years was 2011. Many people thought this was shite, but at least it tried to be a little more sim and shite slow players felt shite and slow.

2013 on PS3 I loved. And by the end of the patches it was a game I played a lot. But I've lost that PES feeling whereby I'd immerse myself into it and hours would go by. I remember the PS2 days I'd spend ages just going through the players stats and stuff. The moulding of my little pixels in Master League was like a passion to me. I cared about the game and thought about the game when I wasn't playing it. I remember the excitement leading up to a Euro final against Inter. The days before it I was thinking about it, planning it etc etc. Sad as fuck I know but I cared. These days I'm just sort of paying lip service to it. Is this nostalgia and a sense of what a better world yesterday was? I don't know. But I come back to the fact that an 8 axis game created far more excitement, atmosphere and playability than anything since.

People say 'yeah but if you go back now it's shit' blah blah blah, but I'll bet if you immerse yourself in it for a few hours again you'll get more 'wow' moments than anything now. The shooting just felt so satisfying. The banners before the game, the different turfs, the individuality, the goalies, shot trajectories. Was there scripting? For sure, but fuck me this was years ago and felt more organic than now. I'm even sure that they had like fog or something, or I may be making that shit up :)

I don't know. Perhaps what I'm wanting or expecting from a football game in 2016 is unattainable or something or my expectations too high. Or perhaps I've grown up and have lost that youthful naivety and joy of just playing a game and enjoying it.

Just bought Fifa for the first time since Fifa 99 on PC.

I want to reward EA for at least trying to achieve a more balanced gameplay. No more buying the game out of loyalty for me.

Just bought Fifa for the first time since Fifa 99 on PC.

I want to reward EA for at least trying to achieve a more balanced gameplay. No more buying the game out of loyalty for me.

Do You need steering to the appropriate thread for that ?:BRMM:

Just curious, how would you guys rate/rank all the PES games since PES 6?

Thought this might be a fun little diversion and shows everyone's preference regarding PES. I'll kick this off:

1) PES 2013 - Possibly my favorite PES game ever. Although ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (PS1), PES 3 and 5 would like to put up a fight. Amazing, satisfying shooting, nice ball physics, fun and intuitive dribbling system, strong passing system, introduction of player I.D and done very well, incredibly fun and competitive multiplayer game.

Downsides: slight catch up bug, players could run a little faster, keeper throws are pathetic and very risky, comp a.i is a bit too attacking, always going for the through ball or quick dribble although it does make the game exciting. Never thought the keepers were bad myself to be honest...

2) PES 2014 (zero patches) - A very controversial PES game. I just don't think the market is ready for a realistic video game interpretation of football. Videogamers want the reel highlights, not the whole 90 minutes. It is however very commendable that Konami gave it a shot.
The pace is absolutely spot on; it looks and feels like football on tv. The animations, weight, turning, physics etc are very close to the real thing.
It's a very methodical game where you can dictate the tempo of the game. It feels like no other football game before or since.

Downsides: Long shots are botched and seemingly impossible, maybe players are some times a tad too slow to turn (but I actually like this), slight catch up bug, player ID is a bit less pronounced than in PES 2013 or consecutive games, players are some times slow to react in certain situation or to certain controller inputs.

3) Pes 2011 - A mix between simulation and ''arcade'' fun. Didn't go as far as PES 2014, but I absolutely loved the freedom of passing and the size of the pitch. Shooting felt amazing and powerful, although some times the animations or the position of the player didn't match up with the trajectory of the shot. Dribbling was fun, yet lacking in (link-up) animations a lot of the times. But the FEEL of the game was just very nice. A flawed, but really fun game.

4) PES 2008

5) PES 2009

6) PES 2012

7) PES 2015

8) PES 2016

I will go into detail for the rest of my ranking tomorrow, got to sleep in a bit! Curious to read your thoughts on the games :)

check out this 2014 early code gameplay video. Konami needed one more dev cycle to clean up keepers and add transition animations so the ppl bitching the players turned slow could get visual feedback as to why they were turning slow. Game looks and moves incredible. So real and natural

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiPK2TsU9A

check out this 2014 early code gameplay video. Konami needed one more dev cycle to clean up keepers and add transition animations so the ppl bitching the players turned slow could get visual feedback as to why they were turning slow. Game looks and moves incredible. So real and natural

Great game played it for 2 years .. the second last patch was the best it played really well with that. . it more or less sorted out shooting from outside the box. The only things that annoyed me about this game was those silly momentum fouls where you would be penalised for sliding into a player after the play had moved on and you couldn't use manual passing. . .the ball would trickle along and if you hit it firmer it would just bobble. Pity they scrapped it.

Shame you can't download individual/certain patches. Now it just downloads the last patch released for the game.
Also, stupid Konami removed all the data packs on xbox live for PES 2014. Yet, not for the other PES games...

It's like Konami want to brush it under the carpet as if it didn't happen. What an opportunity they passed up on this game.

So anyway, been monging about with formations and stuff and beat Juve 4 times in a row last night as Roma simply by switching to 4-5-1. Then beat Corinthians a few times using 4-5-1 then switched back to the default Roma formation v Corinthians and was back to a scripted clusterfuck with Vagner Love back on song. So obviously I'm thinking, the formations seriously mess with the AI decision making.

It obviously will adjust it's decision making with regards to passing lanes through midfield but 5 across the middle seemingly confuses them with the strikers being not so effective.

In fact now, I think their logic is a little more lifelike passing the ball back and sideways. However, it seems to blunt their effectiveness in creating chances and scoring and certainly seems to blunt the potency of the strikers finishing. This is on Superstar btw. Shall delve even further.

Lovely!

The first negative thing I´ve noticed in 2015 was the ball physics on ground passes.
It looks light´s ahead in 2014 compared to 2015/16

That's beauuuuutiful.

Up until the shot around the 55-second mark, where you can see the button lag results in the striker seemingly deciding to slide-tackle the ball into the net instead of hitting a shot (which he's got all the time in the world to do).

It looks fantastic in terms of the passing, but if I remember rightly, it had some of the worst button lag ever (and with such variance - e.g. a half-second lag when trying to do a pass, and then a 1-second+ lag when trying to shoot, which makes you feel like the game is just MASSIVELY cheating you, and lots of the reviews mention this "suspicious delay").

Last edited:

Nice but there is no individuality plus still has that movement/jogging/sprinting which was the issue with that game.

People say 'yeah but if you go back now it's shit' blah blah blah, but I'll bet if you immerse yourself in it for a few hours again you'll get more 'wow' moments than anything now. The shooting just felt so satisfying. The banners before the game, the different turfs, the individuality, the goalies, shot trajectories. Was there scripting? For sure, but fuck me this was years ago and felt more organic than now. I'm even sure that they had like fog or something, or I may be making that shit up :)

I don't know. Perhaps what I'm wanting or expecting from a football game in 2016 is unattainable or something or my expectations too high. Or perhaps I've grown up and have lost that youthful naivety and joy of just playing a game and enjoying it.
It's definitely not the loss of "youthful naivety" - I wondered that too, but my God, after seeing that video Klash posted and getting PES 2013, I'm like a schoolkid (desperate to go home and grab a gamepad).

As you say, it's about the "wow" moments - a shot that seems to bend the physics that govern the game, for example, but only now and then so as not to render every game a 5-4.

I've never been someone to "go back" and play the older editions, even when I've strongly disliked a game (I hated FIFA 15, for example, but rather than go back to an older game, I just played Football Manager instead). But even if you're one of those guys who can't go back to slightly stiffer animations and an incredibly basic ML, it's worth going back just to remember and re-live scoring so many different types of goals.

Part of me wonders if I'm so enamoured by it purely because I can defend - it's so much easier to run up to an opponent and tackle (as opposed to running past them). I can't decide if it's just right or slightly too easy, but then if it's too easy, how come I'm only 10th in the league...

Anyway, my point is - it's not a "getting older" thing. I mean, 2013 isn't even that old, and fair enough, ISS PE2 and SWOS don't hold up to today's games, but for me, PES 2013 is better (PES 2016 feels like schoolkids running around a field to me, and FIFA 16 like table football where all the units of players are connected by a metal rod, far too perfect)...

There's bits of both games that, when you're feeling optimistic, make you feel like there's an incredible football game just around the corner. But given the stellar reviews of what is (in my opinion) a poor and simplistic game in PES 2016, and the poor reviews of what is (in my opinion) a genuine attempt at realism in FIFA 16, I don't think it'll be this year...

Last edited:
As you can see from my sig mate, my patched PES 2013 on the PC was some of the best games I ever had. On the PS3 too was a great game I thought.

Here was a vid I did at the time of some of the goals and stuff. I think this was around Pro Evo 12/13 or so.

https://youtu.be/SIt0QM_jqIk

PS My Andy Carroll goal on around 8.25 I still think about to this day lol

One of the best next-gen Pes. I miss this fantastic camera angle. Anyone know if its possible to have similar cam angle in Pes 2016?

It's definitely not the loss of "youthful naivety" - I wondered that too, but my God, after seeing that video Klash posted and getting PES 2013, I'm like a schoolkid (desperate to go home and grab a gamepad).

As you say, it's about the "wow" moments - a shot that seems to bend the physics that govern the game, for example, but only now and then so as not to render every game a 5-4.

I've never been someone to "go back" and play the older editions, even when I've strongly disliked a game (I hated FIFA 15, for example, but rather than go back to an older game, I just played Football Manager instead). But even if you're one of those guys who can't go back to slightly stiffer animations and an incredibly basic ML, it's worth going back just to remember and re-live scoring so many different types of goals.

Part of me wonders if I'm so enamoured by it purely because I can defend - it's so much easier to run up to an opponent and tackle (as opposed to running past them). I can't decide if it's just right or slightly too easy, but then if it's too easy, how come I'm only 10th in the league...

Anyway, my point is - it's not a "getting older" thing. I mean, 2013 isn't even that old, and fair enough, ISS PE2 and SWOS don't hold up to today's games, but for me, PES 2013 is better (PES 2016 feels like schoolkids running around a field to me, and FIFA 16 like table football where all the units of players are connected by a metal rod, far too perfect)...

There's bits of both games that, when you're feeling optimistic, make you feel like there's an incredible football game just around the corner. But given the stellar reviews of what is (in my opinion) a poor and simplistic game in PES 2016, and the poor reviews of what is (in my opinion) a genuine attempt at realism in FIFA 16, I don't think it'll be this year...

Oh don't now. I literally played the pants off SWOS and Champ Man back in the day, whilst listening to Radio 5 and having teletext for the footy scores lol. Good times.

With all the talk of the classic games, and with enjoying PES 2013, I thought I'd give 2014 another go. Man, that could have been such a good game, if the response times weren't so laughable (nearly half a second just to switch players)! Playing the CPU is like you're playing it online and it lives on the other side of the world, in a shed, with a dial-up modem.

I tried 2015 again, too, and to my surprise, I enjoyed it (though not as much as 2013 - the emphasis on freedom means a loss in variety due to the extra CPU work that's going on, from what I can see). I played a few ML games on 2015 and enjoyed them, whereas on 2016 my head spins from how fast and first-time-passy it is.

2016 is a big step backwards as far as I'm concerned. But, I have a little bit more hope for 2017 now - because while I was looking up reviews of all these games, every single one has got a 9/10 from the likes of Eurogamer (even 2014), and 9/10 in Japan itself (whose reviews I'd imagine they'd be more likely to listen to), and has won awards from one place or another. So... Hopefully the latest bunch of reviews are ignored just the same...

With all the talk of the classic games, and with enjoying PES 2013, I thought I'd give 2014 another go. Man, that could have been such a good game, if the response times weren't so laughable (nearly half a second just to switch players)! Playing the CPU is like you're playing it online and it lives on the other side of the world, in a shed, with a dial-up modem.

I tried 2015 again, too, and to my surprise, I enjoyed it (though not as much as 2013 - the emphasis on freedom means a loss in variety due to the extra CPU work that's going on, from what I can see). I played a few ML games on 2015 and enjoyed them, whereas on 2016 my head spins from how fast and first-time-passy it is.

2016 is a big step backwards as far as I'm concerned. But, I have a little bit more hope for 2017 now - because while I was looking up reviews of all these games, every single one has got a 9/10 from the likes of Eurogamer (even 2014), and 9/10 in Japan itself (whose reviews I'd imagine they'd be more likely to listen to), and has won awards from one place or another. So... Hopefully the latest bunch of reviews are ignored just the same...

My hope is that they keep their original intention with 2014 in mind for the future which is now with PES 2017!

Their vision for PES 2014 was to recreate PES 2013 with all these nice new animations and phisycs we see in PES 2014-16.

The problem with PES 2014 and even Adam thankfully came out and made sense of it was way too ambitious! You cannot build a game on a new engine in such a short space of time and not expect problems. I think they thought with all the new technology they had using the old tech PES 2013 and merging it with the Fox engine would be simple but they didn't understand they needed to master to new technology and fox engine was a gigantic challenge in itself.

Look at FIFA 07 for example that was even more basic than PES 2014, it was just a concept game, FIFA 08 was similar because that is how basic sports games are when you transfer to a brand new engine, takes at least 2-3 years for them to get something like FIFA 09 which was the first football game with a 'body' on the 360 then the generation changing FIFA 10 with the 360 movement.

My hope and I really do mean hope because I'm concerned with Konami's head office intentions is that this 3 year cycle Between PES 2014-2015-2016 was really about making the best they could from the base created in PES 2014 and their original intentions to build a proper dynamic and responsive movement, inertia, jogging/running/sprinting mechanic was a background project ready in time for PES 2017!

PES 2008-2009-2010 Same base, just gameplay improved from year to year.

PES 2011-2012-2013 Same base and again improved and fine tuned year to year.

PES 2014-2015-2016 Same exact base again just the animations have been made quicker every year.

What gives me hope is 1:00 here you see Konami already preparing full body scans which shows an intention that most likely this year for PES 2017 they will be doing at the very least a large graphics evolution from the last game cycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mkDww9Keco

PES 2011 and 2014 where radically different from their predecessors, that is is not at all what is needed now, gameplaywise we need and enhancement of the base to PES2013 standard and the rest should fall into place.

I'm feeling the PES 2013 love.:D

PES 2013 would be even better if the comp a.i wasn't so one dimensional, always going forward, either dribbling or making through passes. Doesn't matter if you change teams' tactics in the edit section (at least ony my Xbox 360 version) to possession or whatever; no effect.

It's still fun though, but hampers it a bit.

Offline multiplayer on the couch is still brilliant though imo.

Goddamnit, why must every PES game always have annoying stuff, even the PS2 games at times.

Sadly there is no and never has been a perfect football game, they all have their annoyances. I love PES 2013 but as you say its not perfect by any means.

PES 2013 had the opposite AI priority to what we have seen in PES 2015/2016.

In PES 2013 player ability and individuality was first so if a player had space infront of him and the ability to run, shot etc.. he would do that before making decision to tactics.

PES 2015/2016 is the opposite. Team tactics is the first priority then if there is clear space or in a certain position individuality comes in.

tactics is very key in PES 2013, if the AI are playing to direct, just running at you they are finding too much space. The AI will pass the ball around in 2013 a lot with tactics setup to do so but it relies quite a lot on how your defending, close the space and they have no choice but to pass or just shoot from range even.

I hated PES2013 with a passion (don't remember why to be honest).

I rather liked PES2014 and kept on saying that despite the very obvious flaws, somewhere underneath this was a great game and a base to build upon further...i was accused to be a stupid fanboy...

I rather liked PES2014 and kept on saying that despite the very obvious flaws, somewhere underneath this was a great game and a base to build upon further...i was accused to be a stupid fanboy...
You're clearly not Gerd, you're one of the voices of sanity (and often balance) in this place... There's definitely a simulation in 2014 bursting to be refined. But man, that button lag... There was a two-second delay on one of my shots, by which point I'd gone from "in the clear" to "ran straight into the goalkeeper". You have to press everything in advance! That bit isn't a simulation, that's a disconnect between input and processing.

The potential was (and given the underlying engine, still is) there, which is the hardest thing to swallow, I guess...

There's no perfect game but the balance of tactics, individuality and goal variety in 2013 is really good. (And I'm sure at the time of release I didn't like it, because I was in love with the freedom FIFA was starting to develop in terms of movement along with the lack of CPU cheats, and I had faith that they were a couple of games away from making something truly amazing - and then I loved FIFA 14, absolutely loved it, despite being a bit stiff - but both games, over the last couple of years, have been getting worse overall, I think.)

Last edited:
Don't agree with this at all. And you know I love PES 2013.

I feel I'm actually pretty decent at defending and I never rush. The free space is a direct cause of the game itself, it's just programmed that way. Just to make a point, watch closely when you yourself have just attacked and the comp keeper has caught the ball/shot. Instead of all your players running and getting their asses back to midfield/defensive positions they have this stupid, canned idle animation or either just stand still or fall back with babysteps.
No wonder this creates a lot of spaces then. And there's really nothing to do about this.

No idea if you're playing on PC or anything, maybe that changes things, but you can't say this with a straight face can you?

LOVE Pes 2013 though. :)

I play it on PC year, its very easy using the editor to modify all the tactics, on my youtube channel you can see the videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sJLm9zXzok

This is a good example of the AI playing more of an calm possession style, you see before they went 1-0 up they where very aggressive, in a hurry to score,t hen relaxed a bit at 1-0 up.

You're clearly not Gerd, you're one of the voices of sanity (and often balance) in this place... There's definitely a simulation in 2014 bursting to be refined. But man, that button lag... There was a two-second delay on one of my shots, by which point I'd gone from "in the clear" to "ran straight into the goalkeeper". You have to press everything in advance! That bit isn't a simulation, that's a disconnect between input and processing.

The potential was (and given the underlying engine, still is) there, which is the hardest thing to swallow, I guess...

There's no perfect game but the balance of tactics, individuality and goal variety in 2013 is really good. (And I'm sure at the time of release I didn't like it, because I was in love with the freedom FIFA was starting to develop in terms of movement along with the lack of CPU cheats, and I had faith that they were a couple of games away from making something truly amazing - and then I loved FIFA 14, absolutely loved it, despite being a bit stiff - but both games, over the last couple of years, have been getting worse overall, I think.)

Agree...PES2014 had serious issues. The game wasn't finished and i doubt if it was tested properly...

I also wonder if those testers play anything different than exhibition matches.

Oh and finally, something about Asim. In the last WENB podcast he told that he played the game mostly before the launch and scarcely. That is strangen isn't it?

I have nothing against this guy (i don't agree with all the absuse he got, that is so stupid) but it makes you wonder...perhaps i misunderstood him.

I hated PES2013 with a passion (don't remember why to be honest).

I liked PES 2014 too and was one of the few people here :).
In fact it was the last PES on which I played a couple of seasons in the master league. Also the low shots (square + triangle) you could do there...they got removed with 2015.

I liked the base and everything. The responsiveness didn´t matter that much to me as I was playing it offline mostly and with deactivated HEART and in several stadiums that problem could be made smaller.

Also that interviews/presentations before release with that japanese lady and that guy when they explained that they would use the fox engine for PES and MASS and H.E.A.R.T., all that looked so damn promising and I loved the gameplay vids they showed there.
It looked like something big was coming with PES now.

Too bad it didn´t work and they took a different direction with PES 2015.
That disappointed me quite much as I thought that 2014 is a great base they would work on and had high hopes for 2015.

klashman69 said:
My hope is that they keep their original intention with 2014 in mind for the future which is now with PES 2017!

That´s a bit too optimistic imho.
I´m personally beyond that point in hoping for the next release to be better.
I mean don´t get me wrong, I´d wish the same thing.
But since PES 2016 and KONAMI´s continuous sloppiness in several units I don´t have hopes anymore and am sure that PES 2017 is gonna be pretty much the same as 2016.

If not and PES 2017 will be that game that makes me go back to PES, y´all can nail me down with that post here ;).

PES 2008-2009-2010 Same base, just gameplay improved from year to year.

PES 2011-2012-2013 Same base and again improved and fine tuned year to year.

PES 2014-2015-2016 Same exact base again just the animations have been made quicker every year.

What gives me hope is 1:00 here you see Konami already preparing full body scans which shows an intention that most likely this year for PES 2017 they will be doing at the very least a large graphics evolution from the last game cycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mkDww9Keco

PES 2011 and 2014 where radically different from their predecessors, that is is not at all what is needed now, gameplaywise we need and enhancement of the base to PES2013 standard and the rest should fall into place.

Overall I agree with you but that bold part...I don´t know.
In my personal opinion PES 2012 and 2013 felt much different than PES 2011 which I really loved!
The reason for this is probably the fact that they changed the passing system (level 0-4) and took out those dribbling cards (rocket I guess was the name) which players like Ronaldo or Messi had.
I actually liked that because the higher the dribbling stats have been in PES 2011, the different the animations became in turning directions on ball posession.
And that rocket card made it harder to control those dribble beasts.

I loved 2011 for what it was and was really disappointed with 2012.

I agree with nearly everything chiefrock has said there.. . loved Pes 2014, the potential that game had to be developed. . but very disappointed with 2015 . .so disappointed in fact that I continued to play 2014 for another year. I could see what they were trying to do with 2015 after lots of people talking about Pes5/6 all the time and wanting long shots but for me it was too basic.

Have to say I do think 2016 is an improvement on last year and am still playing it everyday.

I liked PES 2014 too and was one of the few people here :).
In fact it was the last PES on which I played a couple of seasons in the master league. Also the low shots (square + triangle) you could do there...they got removed with 2015.

I liked the base and everything. The responsiveness didn´t matter that much to me as I was playing it offline mostly and with deactivated HEART and in several stadiums that problem could be made smaller.

Also that interviews/presentations before release with that japanese lady and that guy when they explained that they would use the fox engine for PES and MASS and H.E.A.R.T., all that looked so damn promising and I loved the gameplay vids they showed there.
It looked like something big was coming with PES now.

Too bad it didn´t work and they took a different direction with PES 2015.
That disappointed me quite much as I thought that 2014 is a great base they would work on and had high hopes for 2015.

That´s a bit too optimistic imho.
I´m personally beyond that point in hoping for the next release to be better.
I mean don´t get me wrong, I´d wish the same thing.
But since PES 2016 and KONAMI´s continuous sloppiness in several units I don´t have hopes anymore and am sure that PES 2017 is gonna be pretty much the same as 2016.

If not and PES 2017 will be that game that makes me go back to PES, y´all can nail me down with that post here ;).

Overall I agree with you but that bold part...I don´t know.
In my personal opinion PES 2012 and 2013 felt much different than PES 2011 which I really loved!
The reason for this is probably the fact that they changed the passing system (level 0-4) and took out those dribbling cards (rocket I guess was the name) which players like Ronaldo or Messi had.
I actually liked that because the higher the dribbling stats have been in PES 2011, the different the animations became in turning directions on ball posession.
And that rocket card made it harder to control those dribble beasts.

I loved 2011 for what it was and was really disappointed with 2012.

PES 2011 was on of the best PES games for its time it was a revolution. It was like nothing anyone had ever played before, PES 2012 was essentially the same base but built up in key areas which made it feel quite significantly different. the biggest two change was the R3 off the ball runs and to go with it the ability for players to continue their run after kicking the ball.

Although i really enjoyed PES 2011 and it was that PES game where tactics where taken to a new level, it had some drawbacks which meant you can go back to it like PES 2013.

Last edited:

That is why I could only play it on +1 to speed up the input and was quite fun then.

That is why I could only play it on +1 to speed up the input and was quite fun then.
Great minds! :) I tried that, but it was still a sizeable delay that spoilt the input for me (thinking about it, pressing shoot and running into the goalkeeper looks the same at 1x speed as it does at 1.5x speed, and that's all that changing the speed slider does - it doesn't make the input register more quickly, sadly, so the end result is the same, even if it doesn't feel the same).

Great minds! :) I tried that, but it was still a sizeable delay that spoilt the input for me (thinking about it, pressing shoot and running into the goalkeeper looks the same at 1x speed as it does at 1.5x speed, and that's all that changing the speed slider does - it doesn't make the input register more quickly, sadly, so the end result is the same, even if it doesn't feel the same).

I play this series since ISS PRO 98, I recommend you to play PES 2014 every day for a week and no other football game in between and you'll get used to the pace, the movement, you'll find the gameplay more realistic and the 'delay' don't ruin you the experience. You'll get used to the gameplay, it plays much different to other games of the series, including PES 2015, PES 2016 which are also based on Fox Engine. I recommend you to play the game without patches.

I play Winning Eleven 2014 1.0 Master League in Professional, when 'Heart' feature increases the stats of some of your players the delay is almost zero. There are games in master league at home vs a worse team with no delay at all. In Champions league with better teams the delay is almost zero. It depends of Heart feature. In 30 min matches when your team loses easy passes and make mistakes the delay increases, this is because 'Heart' feature lower the stats of some players and the game become less fluid, if you play better the 'Heart' feature increases your stats, the delay is almost zero and you can play great football. It was an attempt to make the game more impredictable and to have different moments and phases during a game, you'll perceive this in 20-30 min matches.

I find this 'Heart' feature and the CPU AI of this game the best attempt for a deep simulation in a football game. I think Konami focus is now Online (MyClub microtransactions)... this is the reason why they develop the faces, the boots, etc. but they don't put much effort in CPU AI in PES 2015, 2016.... So I think PES 2014 is the end of the series for offline players

I play this series since ISS PRO 98, I recommend you to play PES 2014 every day for a week and no other football game in between and you'll get used to the pace, the movement, you'll find the gameplay more realistic and the 'delay' don't ruin you the experience. You'll get used to the gameplay, it plays much different to other games of the series, including PES 2015, PES 2016 which are also based on Fox Engine. I recommend you to play the game without patches.
I'll give it another go tonight, on Professional (I was playing on Top Player).

If the "Heart" feature contributes to button-lag, are the mods that stop "Heart" from functioning on PC worth getting?

Back
Top Bottom