PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

has there been any rumours of a patch? Do konami usually have approx set dates of patches in the past? I have a feeling now one will come after the transfer window which is ages off

There's no doubt that Konami could make PES15 one of the best with a patch that fixes some glaring issues.

One thing I've never found to be an issue with PES and there have been a list longer than my arms over the last few years is AI play. But this years AI play seems really poor.

The AI never crosses it, all the play is through middle and boy do they love a chipped shot. I never concede a goal and think that the AI deserve it as it always comes out of nowhere but predictably through the middle. Its almost like playing against Fifas AI of getting to the byline and cutting the ball back if they aren't going down the middle. There's no Ariel bombardment or goalmouth scrambles of previous PES's

For me there's no doubt that PES is the better game this year but as usual it feels half finished. Which is even more bizarre considering it didn't come out until November.

Yep, that really makes me think if this Konami is worth it. They promised so much for the past couple years, and in NG they realease the game super late, and not even finished.
The more I play the more I feel the goods, but I´ve been feeling the bads too, and quite often.
I´m playing 2nd league in France, and there´s just not enough variety. Maybe better on 1st division, but for now, every CPU goal is scored either from a long ball from the midfield to a header (wich CPU always seems to win in the air), or a low cross wich unpredictably (spelling?) reaches some attacker, wich always hits the ball, no matter the pressure you put in him.

I´m playing it still, and will keep playing but... sorry can´t understand why people moan so much about Fifa´s scripting. To me, both games are at the same scripting level, except that Fifa looks and feels way more polished. In the other hand PES shows player ID better, and also matches are varied throughout the season ( though not as varied as people seem to say) and that helps me keep playing it.

One thing that doesn´t help, its the commentary! My GOD what the hell is that!? Is it serious that Konami is trying to keep up in the Next Gen? They couldn´t keep up last gen, they will have to work hard, reaaaally hard to catch up!! Or fans will start to get tired of this nonsense year after year.

so i tried barca va madrid (cpu) superstar last night and it was good game...cr7 with hat trick lol..cpu plays decent game on superstar.I think i can match them soon though...hopefully though i can match them hope i dont get to good and start to dominate...but seems ill need to play superstar which is weird imo as im not anything special at the game at all. LEts hope i dont improve much more lol

3745c8df31248670dc85d58b0661e6cb.png

i remember seeing people post lists of features and other bits and pieces removed from previous versions of pes over the years a few weeks ago. was it this thread or over at wenb? i forgot...if someone can direct link me to it would be appreciated

There's no doubt that Konami could make PES15 one of the best with a patch that fixes some glaring issues.

One thing I've never found to be an issue with PES and there have been a list longer than my arms over the last few years is AI play. But this years AI play seems really poor.

The AI never crosses it, all the play is through middle and boy do they love a chipped shot. I never concede a goal and think that the AI deserve it as it always comes out of nowhere but predictably through the middle. Its almost like playing against Fifas AI of getting to the byline and cutting the ball back if they aren't going down the middle. There's no Ariel bombardment or goalmouth scrambles of previous PES's

For me there's no doubt that PES is the better game this year but as usual it feels half finished. Which is even more bizarre considering it didn't come out until November.

Yeah I agree, I'm hoping next patch, AI is aggressive more fouls, crosses and take more long range shots and il be more than happy

Totally agree the Ai defends well and is improved in some other areas but no crosses is a huge game breaker because its totally unrealistic football, Have the people who gave PES15 rave reviews ever played or watched a game ?
Ive been waiting for years for Konami to finally produce something to equal PES5 but year in year out the same old buggy half finished garbage.
I cant see Konami addressing the lack of crosses because 99% of players seem to think everything down the centre is fine and only a few of us are highlighting it.

For everyone complaining about lack of crossing and cpu perfect passing, you should all use this klashman post to edit the teams and make sure weak teams don't use possession game + short pass

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2991821&postcount=22

Make sure to edit also the Defense and Custom tactics because they may also have possession + short pass.

I edited all Premier League teams and playing it on superstar with the editet tactics is amazing. Yesterday i was beaten 2x1 by Newcastle and their 2 goals were on crosses.

For everyone complaining about lack of crossing and cpu perfect passing, you should all use this klashman post to edit the teams and make sure weak teams don't use possession game + short pass

Make sure to edit also the Defense and Custom tactics because they may also have possession + short pass.

I edited all Premier League teams and playing it on superstar with the editet tactics is amazing. Yesterday i was beaten 2x1 by Newcastle and their 2 goals were on crosses.

Exactly. If you set right tactics you will have so much problems from AI crossing that you will wish them to go through the middle again.

Teams EVEN with Possession and Short-passing will go for a cross from time to time if you set them to attack Wide and Support Range slider to higher values. Earlier today I was playing against Lazio set to Possession + Short passing, Wide and Supp.range to 7 and Klose scored a header from the cross.

I don't know about this crosses issue. I guess it depends on a combination of mode, teams plus difficultly level? I played a lot of Europa league competition and the CPU was making crosses and scoring headers as well.

whats the settings to get a team to do whats best in attack lol...if out wide cross it, if in middle through ball it

Hi guys,

This is the first PES game I've liked since ps2 days so worthy of posting on evo-web for the first time since then! 3 questions, and I apologise if this is the wrong place.

1 - is there any way to play 2 player online. ie you and a friend on your console, versus people online?

2 - I'm on ps4, does any patching/ option file to get real kits etc in exist? Or am I right in thinking it's impossible at the moment (OF included?)

3 - I agree with people commenting about it being too easy. Me and a friend would struggle on ps2 3 star but played a Konami cup on Superstar last night and won it easily, which was very disappointing.. as we're really not very good! What would people recommend as the best setup for making this game even better? Settings/ stats wise.

Thanks guys

anyone know if its possible to make cpu pass to u in BAL?

So many times im in great area and cpu dont pass to me.

In fifa im sure u can press a button to make them pass to you

pesorfifa, I really don't see how you can complain about the difficulty if you are not playing with fully manual controls. Put everything on manual and then see how much you get thrashed on Superstar. :D

Hi guys,

This is the first PES game I've liked since ps2 days so worthy of posting on evo-web for the first time since then! 3 questions, and I apologise if this is the wrong place.

1 - is there any way to play 2 player online. ie you and a friend on your console, versus people online?

2 - I'm on ps4, does any patching/ option file to get real kits etc in exist? Or am I right in thinking it's impossible at the moment (OF included?)

3 - I agree with people commenting about it being too easy. Me and a friend would struggle on ps2 3 star but played a Konami cup on Superstar last night and won it easily, which was very disappointing.. as we're really not very good! What would people recommend as the best setup for making this game even better? Settings/ stats wise.

Thanks guys

1) Yes I believe so but I don't know how exactly. I think there is a dedicated online lobby for it.

2) I think it's impossible at the moment/forever.

3) Is your control scheme fully-manual? If not, you know what to do, my friend..

Playing against the CPU isn't that bad and the real longevity comes from playing friends on your sofa.

I consider the CPU a training session and what game has really ever offered genuinely challenging Ai.

I love the way folks think everything can be resolved in a patch.

Look what patchings done to FIFA this year and mostly it has a negative impact.

Let's just be grateful for what we have.

pesorfifa, I really don't see how you can complain about the difficulty if you are not playing with fully manual controls. Put everything on manual and then see how much you get thrashed on Superstar. :D

i dont enjoy manual gameplay so argument is pointless..it was all assisted on ps2 days and 3 star was a challenge for me

Playing against the CPU isn't that bad and the real longevity comes from playing friends on your sofa.

Im getting older never got many freinds round for games lol...and the ones online all fifa nuts now though im trying to convert them

Playing randoms online gets kinda dull but myclub is cool.

however I feel online plays like 50% speed..its a bit sluggish

1) Yes I believe so but I don't know how exactly. I think there is a dedicated online lobby for it.

2) I think it's impossible at the moment/forever.

3) Is your control scheme fully-manual? If not, you know what to do, my friend..

Thanks Houldey. Definitely not competent enough for non standard settings! I just remember ps2 from 3* and above being a good challenge and was looking for something similar!

I'll keep an eye about co-op online v other people, if anyone else knows of anything do please let me know. Thanks guys

I'm not playing this game anymore until patched.

Every goal conceded is the same. Through the middle and chipped over my keeper. I could accept slotted past keeper, the keeper rounded, keeper nutmeged but no, every goal is chipped over the keeper.

Every goal conceded is the same. Through the middle and chipped over my keeper. I could accept slotted past keeper, the keeper rounded, keeper nutmeged but no, every goal is chipped over the keeper.

yeh i was having an issue with this also..just gotta prevent them counter attacking

I have never conceded a goal like that yet... Do you always bring out your keeper?

I have never conceded a goal like that yet... Do you always bring out your keeper?

me? well at first on counters i would bring my keeper out then i realised cpu scores 99% of chip shots in this one...so i stop bringing my keeper out and sometimes he saves the low shots...

imo this is the best footy game ever..now on superstar im having amazing games..hard to work for goals, and good attacking play by cpu,,,end to end games..its great and addictive.

I put on at like 3-4pm and its now 130am and im still playing.

I been mixing it up..Played BAL for hrs earlier then went into myclub for some online action..then this evening been doing my Real Betis ML....each mode great fun and different!

And the gameplay just amazing..

Not played a pes game or footy game or even a video game like this since maybe pes3 or something...and i dont even think i played that as much as it didnt have the game mode variety to keep me entertained so long as this

Well done konami!

hey buddy, honome posted this link a few posts back, iv had the same issues you were having, but after modifying the tactics due to konamis laziness theres more variety now from crossing to shooting, give it a go if you can be bothered good luck.

Back
Top Bottom