PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

tbh pes 15 is not far off it...The only gripe i have is cpu is to easy...difficulty on ps2 pes was spot on...apart from that cant fault it atm

Agreed. There are definitely areas for improvement though. For example, shooting and responsiveness still need work. Both are hallmarks of the old PES games.

I cant stand playing online with the available cameras. It just kills the fun for me not being able to zoom out more and see more of the field. Any word if they will patch this anytime soon??

Agree, i asked Adam about it and he said he would look up if it was possible to ask the devs to unlock this. Actually this is what is keeping me away from online the most atm. I love the 0/10/10 camera.

Last edited:
i'm struggling to find the desired level on master league. I started off on superstar with 1 bar passing and i was getting trounced every game. my record was something like P10. W1 D2 L7 so i took it down to top player...in the next 30 odd games i have won the majority and pushed myself up to 6th in the table, so i decided to go down to 0 bar passing.

Here's the thing though, I have been tweaking my formation throughout and i feel like i have managed to find a sweet spot so I can score similar goals every time. I play a fluid 4-5-1/4-3-3 and if i get the ball up to my centre forward and hold it up slightly. my wingers will come inside and attack the defenders where a simple through ball between the centre back and full back (who part as easy as yo momma's legs) plays him through for a shot on goal.

After a while it feels pretty cheap... the thing is though top player and 0 bars feels like my level, much more varying results now despite the easy goals.

not sure what to do. i will get killed on superstar and that wont be enjoyable. I can always change my tactic to avoid this sweet spot but that feels lame after i've done so well to find a killer formation.

hopefully two things that can be patched are AI defender positioning, and the other cheap way to score, an inswinging corner into the corridor of uncertainty between the keeper and the defence

Change to manual shooting, and maybe advanced through ball ... Most probably every shot won't be a goal...

i'm struggling to find the desired level on master league. I started off on superstar with 1 bar passing and i was getting trounced every game. my record was something like P10. W1 D2 L7 so i took it down to top player...in the next 30 odd games i have won the majority and pushed myself up to 6th in the table, so i decided to go down to 0 bar passing.

Here's the thing though, I have been tweaking my formation throughout and i feel like i have managed to find a sweet spot so I can score similar goals every time. I play a fluid 4-5-1/4-3-3 and if i get the ball up to my centre forward and hold it up slightly. my wingers will come inside and attack the defenders where a simple through ball between the centre back and full back (who part as easy as yo momma's legs) plays him through for a shot on goal.

After a while it feels pretty cheap... the thing is though top player and 0 bars feels like my level, much more varying results now despite the easy goals.

not sure what to do. i will get killed on superstar and that wont be enjoyable. I can always change my tactic to avoid this sweet spot but that feels lame after i've done so well to find a killer formation.

hopefully two things that can be patched are AI defender positioning, and the other cheap way to score, an inswinging corner into the corridor of uncertainty between the keeper and the defence

With superstar iv noticed u need to play a more patient game and don't be too direct and as for defending, ul need to master pressing square to pressure ur opponent while jockeying with the player your controlling timing is key with superstar, good luck

check how ridiculosly easy im finding this game on top player. Im doing master league in Spanish liga 2...maybe primera division will be harder?

7dfd319be306db5dfb0dcfcd14614300.png

Dont wanna have to play superstar but i thin no choice now

check how ridiculosly easy im finding this game on top player. Im doing master league in Spanish liga 2...maybe primera division will be harder?

Dont wanna have to play superstar but i thin no choice now

Here's a little test for you. Please go to editing section and edit the tactics of Real Valladolid. Whatever there is, change it to short pass - counterattack in all the three settings - custom, offensive (default) and defensive. And then, play again and post the results.

Here's a little test for you. Please go to editing section and edit the tactics of Real Valladolid. Whatever there is, change it to short pass - counterattack in all the three settings - custom, offensive (default) and defensive. And then, play again and post the results.

ok so even if this makes a diff...you are saying i need to go into edit and change all teams tactics? thats not right or good imo.

ok so even if this makes a diff...you are saying i need to go into edit and change all teams tactics? thats not right or good imo.

No. I didn't say that. I merely suggested that the game has unrealised potential. I'm in no way trying to defend Konami for not having done this by themselves. But I have edited this (few teams a day) because I want to derive enjoyment out of a game that's so brilliant otherwise.

No. I didn't say that. I merely suggested that the game has unrealised potential. I'm in no way trying to defend Konami for not having done this by themselves. But I have edited this (few teams a day) because I want to derive enjoyment out of a game that's so brilliant otherwise.

ok ill test it out then post back result..but it will be freindly so maybe cpu plays differently than in league?

ok ill test it out then post back result..but it will be freindly so maybe cpu plays differently than in league?

That's true but even then on exhibition, if you want an easy game you should get that from amateur or regular difficulty and certainly not from top player. So editing might help.

Also the old pes and we games used to have a strange thing. That is, the professional difficulty would be harder than top player difficulty. Guess it should be the same on PES 2015 too. By the way, I play only on professional these days. So I can't compare that with top player.

That's true but even then on exhibition, if you want an easy game you should get that from amateur or regular difficulty and certainly not from top player. So editing might help.

Also the old pes and we games used to have a strange thing. That is, the professional difficulty would be harder than top player difficulty. Guess it should be the same on PES 2015 too. By the way, I play only on professional these days. So I can't compare that with top player.

Well i was winning easy on pro so bumped up to top player lol

well u may be onto something BUT its my first game of the day so i was not warmed up..i shoulda had 2-3 goals or coulda some great saves and good chances tbh

f1cd6cfe4c5a27fedbcf2fa2c020e36c.png

Still practically 0 attacking threat from cpu...I wish cpu could be more of an attacking force.

Whats your basis for this tactical change?

Goalkeeper controls help please
Anyone knows how to select/control the goal keeper during, let's say, i am defending. There are goal keep controls that I have seen (L+ O button for example to make a diving save) but these controls don't apply unless the keeper is selected

I faffed around with many football games throughout the '90s, including the ISS games, and to be honest I thought they were all pretty crap prior to the arrival of PES 2 after the turn of the century. That game was first football game to grab and hold my adult attention. Things really took off with PES 3.

Hmm, I started on ISS/PES by impulse-purchasing ISS1 (from Electronics Boutique in Debenhams) on the PSX, circa 1998 maybe. I had never really enjoyed football or football games much. All I knew was Fifa. I played a few games with my mate who was like 'what the F is this unlicensed rubbish?', and we quickly saw it had something special. I then converted most of my friends from Fifa. :APPLAUD:

I'm surprised you thought that the ISS games on the PSX were crap, because compared to Fifa (the market leader) they were incredible/ground-breaking.

I'm sorry that this is :OT:, but at least it gives us a rest from complaints.

This is the only PES I can remember where the Ai doesn't know how to cross the ball. I hate the way the Ai plays a short pass possession game its a major problem it doesn't seem able to adapt to different types of attack I don't share the hype about PES 13 not a patch on PES 5 or 6 its 7/10 at best.

Are you guys who play with 0 or 1 bar pass assistance able to find players with the same settings to play against online?

I just had an amazing PES moment. I was playing the kind of 2002 world cup (Squads are 2002-2003) with Argentina and i got China in the second round. The game was dominated by me, with lots of shots, close chances, etc. Lots of ball and lots of people going up the field while China waited back and counter attacked. The got their chances too and even scored the first goal of the game. I kept getting shots on target but missing. My players started to get tired and Aimar and D'Alessandro stop outrunning their markers so i had to start passing the ball around a lot. It was nearly the end of the game when i got the ball with Aimar in the las third, waited a bit and passed it to Crespo who was playing with the back to the goal, holding the ball against the defender. I tried to turn and pass to Saviola who was in good position but the defender put his leg in the middle and ball bounced. I decided to try to score with Crespon and I poorly shot, the ball was kind of deflected and got lose in the gk area. By that, Saviola ran into it and tipped just before the goalie and the game was tied. Then I won in penalties. It was quite an exciting game and the goal was marvellous.

I just keep having this moments. The game its simple. Much simpler than PES 2014, and has less things than PES 2013 I would say, but they nailed very basic stuff that make football a very deep game.

I'm with you bro..having very similar experiences ie one game never being the same.

I like the super subtlety of everything,going from fifa it feels like there's no real pace from fast players but the more you play and the more you master the game a fast player makes a huge difference and can be a game changer.

I also love the way the game gives you the rub and when your up,tackles are won more easily and you have the edge because your players tails are up and there motivated.If your behind everything becomes that little bit heavier and harder but I'm always willing to put the work in and move the ball because the rewards are there.

It's just dynamic and ever changing.

For me the balance is right and I'm feeling the players tire and the impact of a fresh sub.

I'm with you bro..having very similar experiences ie one game never being the same.

I like the super subtlety of everything,going from fifa it feels like there's no real pace from fast players but the more you play and the more you master the game a fast player makes a huge difference and can be a game changer.

I also love the way the game gives you the rub and when your up,tackles are won more easily and you have the edge because your players tails are up and there motivated.If your behind everything becomes that little bit heavier and harder but I'm always willing to put the work in and move the ball because the rewards are there.

It's just dynamic and ever changing.

For me the balance is right and I'm feeling the players tire and the impact of a fresh sub.

I agree about the speed thing i felt same way coming from fifa...wat lvl u play on im dominatin on pro and top player seems ill need superstar for fair game

im actually quite annoyed by the difficulty lvls of this game.

I just tried a game on superstar and i won 2-0 had 8 shots vs the cpu 3 shots..2 off which hit the post mind you.

BUt i never ever felt threatened..I felt i could win the game whenever i wanted...it was just 2 average teams.

I guess im average team playing vs cpu real madrid it will be harder etc...BUt if i have good team also maybe not.

I always played 3 star on ps2 days which shows how good i am NOT at this game lol...I could not even play 4 star on ps2 as id lose most games..even on 3 star i wouldnt win all my games especially vs top teams.

SO THE QUESTION IS!!!! WTF HAVE KONAMI DONE TO MAKE THE GAME SO EASY!!! WHATS WRONG WITH CPU THESE DAYS>

And there is no argument for dumbing down games considering there are like 6 difficulty levels? Surely at least the top 1,2 should be hard.

If i can go in and win every game with little effort it makes playing the game pointless offline and i dont play online much atm really and i think offline lagss and plays to slow.

ok so i played a ML game on superstar and thankfully I got beat 3-1!!! woo!!

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT!!!!

I dominated the game and they only scored 3 counter attack chip goals..Which is another issue i have with the game as I reckon 85% of goals cpu has scored against me have been chip shots also.

Look at stats

5ee32da2f67cb620e727e84457608aa1.png

Also seems gk play better on superstar for cpu

Had a much much better game..I really had to work for my goals and it was a tight one...

9470651de279a4e4d3ac81b06cb038b8.png

So Superstar is my level but if i beat it theres nowhere to go lol..at least on 3 star ps2 days i had 4,5 to go to lol.

better hope i dont get any better at this game.

Im surpised many of u struggling on lower levels..im nothing special

Well I should have shared the other details and settings of mine. I play on one bar passing. And I usually play winning eleven 2015. Do you play one bar or manual passing? Otherwise, let's admit you're too good at the game.

P.S: I hope you're tactical settings were set up correctly. It's a jungle this time. You would have had to update the tactical settings in three or four places.

Had a much much better game..I really had to work for my goals and it was a tight one...

9470651de279a4e4d3ac81b06cb038b8.png

So Superstar is my level but if i beat it theres nowhere to go lol..at least on 3 star ps2 days i had 4,5 to go to lol.

better hope i dont get any better at this game.

Im surpised many of u struggling on lower levels..im nothing special

depends on how many assists you have on, dont forget in the old pes days there was no passing or shooting assistance, i agree the assistances do make the game too easy to play, but if its too easy drop the assistances if u want a challenge.

Last edited:
Well I should have shared the other details and settings of mine. I play on one bar passing. And I usually play winning eleven 2015. Do you play one bar or manual passing? Otherwise, let's admit you're too good at the game.

P.S: I hope you're tactical settings were set up correctly. It's a jungle this time. You would have had to update the tactical settings in three or four places.

im on 1 bar and default shooting

depends on how many assists you have on, dont forget in the old pes days there was no passing or shooting assistance, i agree the assistances do make the game too easy to play, but if its too easy drop the assistances if u want a challenge.

ok but shooting is same as ps2 days on defualt? dont think shooting was ever manual at all...

also the teams u dominated against arent that great, those look right to me

I know im in same league though but my team is also nothing special.

I hope when i get to top league and play valencia, madrid etc..i get dominated!!!

But when i get a great team also might be closer.

I guess ill need to test superstar on freindlies

Barca v real etc

But this was a fair game.

im on 1 bar and default shooting

ok but shooting is same as ps2 days on defualt? dont think shooting was ever manual at all...

I know im in same league though but my team is also nothing special.

I hope when i get to top league and play valencia, madrid etc..i get dominated!!!

But when i get a great team also might be closer.

I guess ill need to test superstar on freindlies

Barca v real etc

But this was a fair game.

yeah cause we need to be careful, cause if we complain the game is too easy then konami will introduce scripting and then people will complain even more saying its too hard, the game feels right to me, what u may need to do with the lesser sides is edit there tactics to pressure harder, cause the older pes games thats what they did which didnt give us much room and midfield tactical battles were tense, teams in this game that defend too deep and dont pressure hard i modify there tactics in edit mode so they dont defend too deep and dont allow me to run easy towards there goal, unfortunately its konami being lazy and not sorting this out, good luck buddy

yeah cause we need to be careful, cause if we complain the game is too easy then konami will introduce scripting and then people will complain even more saying its too hard, the game feels right to me, what u may need to do with the lesser sides is edit there tactics to pressure harder, cause the older pes games thats what they did which didnt give us much room and midfield tactical battles were tense, teams in this game that defend too deep and dont pressure hard i modify there tactics in edit mode so they dont defend too deep and dont allow me to run easy towards there goal, unfortunately its konami being lazy and not sorting this out, good luck buddy

well i guess the true thing about pes games is teams matter

On 3 star ps2 id beat rubbish teams 5-0 then lose 2-1 at home to juventus the next game etc.

So I guess playing superstar vs rubbish teams is not a fair review...Rubbish teams will still be somewhat rubbish even on superstar...these teams are like 1.5 stars out of 5 lol.

So if superstar and madrid is 100% difficulty its probably a case a team like sporting gjion is like 40% difficulty?...

Therefore its possible playing real madrid on proffesional would be a harder game or similar difficulty.

So yeh Ill get back with a fair review when ive played harder teams with a better team.

Ive got real madrid next game in copa del rey actually so that will be a fukin great test lol!!!! Ill play it on superstar and get back to you after that 1!

Still my team is rubbish like 2.5 star team so i should hopefully get hammered....Then Ill try some freindlies barca v real etc

Last edited:
There always were passing and shooting assistances in the old PES on PS2, there was no manual mode except for the long balls which you could put into manual ; apart from that, the commands were 100% assisted

A funny thing with this game I always find is that I, as Nottingham Forest in Division 2, always play better in Cup matches against Premier League teams than against other Division 2 teams. Not sure if it is the game's difficulty setting getting messed up in cup games (as I always feel its easier in 1st round and difficulty increases despite the team level as you reach the final) or is it just down to me knowing the teams better and being able to set up tactics that highlight their weaknesses better or something.

In an FA Cup match, I beat Arsenal 3-1 while in the league match right after, I lost to Middlesbrough 3-0. Yes, there were one or two player changes due to fatigue, but the result is just staggering.

There's no doubt that Konami could make PES15 one of the best with a patch that fixes some glaring issues.

One thing I've never found to be an issue with PES and there have been a list longer than my arms over the last few years is AI play. But this years AI play seems really poor.

The AI never crosses it, all the play is through middle and boy do they love a chipped shot. I never concede a goal and think that the AI deserve it as it always comes out of nowhere but predictably through the middle. Its almost like playing against Fifas AI of getting to the byline and cutting the ball back if they aren't going down the middle. There's no Ariel bombardment or goalmouth scrambles of previous PES's

For me there's no doubt that PES is the better game this year but as usual it feels half finished. Which is even more bizarre considering it didn't come out until November.

Back
Top Bottom